AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-05-09, 20:32   Link #61
robot
Subway Monster

My mother won a free iPod nano for me in August last year. It's wonderful, but I don't use it very often. I tend to borrow our Japanese exchange student's iPod mini. She has more music than I do. I think I'll use my iPod more this summer when we go on a road trip. {I need something to drown out the singing from the far back seat of the van.} I want to get a case for it, though. I'm so paranoid about scratching my iPod's surface. Vajacases.com has some beautiful, but expensive, leather cases. I'll probably bite the bullet and buy one of those in the near future.
robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 00:41   Link #62
bdragonomega

Sorry to revive the thread again, but I just got an new 4th gen 8gb ipod nano and am currently loving it haha ^^.

I spent like 2-3 hours putting songs/movies/pictures on it and searching up information on how to use it again. I used to have a 2nd gen 20gb regular ipod but it broke and so I decided to buy the cheap meizu. After a year or two of using the meizu i decided to give it to my sister (who always wanted a small mp3 player). But now I have a nano and its cool ^^. Only wish could customize the interface a little, like the background, but whatever. I also spent an hour scanning in cover art before i found out i could probably just save myself time and just search it up on google haha.

It took me awhile to figure out how to convert .mkv anime files to be viewed on the nano comfortably. I had to extract the files out, remake the .mkv container without the subtitles, use a subtitle program to enlarge the font, convert the both of them into .mp4 files xD. But its finally working out nicely hehe. It maybe small and I doubt im going to primarily be watching videos on my nano , but its just soo cool to have anime on my ipod haha ^^.

bdragonomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 01:47   Link #63
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Do we have an ipod hate thread btw, so i have somewhere to rant and bash all apple products as i see fit?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 09:39   Link #64
Eggs in a Bottle
Ehh I love suits?

I have a Zen (Creative) player, and it doesn't really differ from the iPod much, except it's a lot cheaper since it ain't made by Apple (anything made by Apple costs two times as much as the other identical products, since it's stylish or so).

I compared it to my buddy's iPod touch and yeah I actually would prefer my own over that Way to waste battery with touch and such massive screen.

People have complained of Zen crashing, but hasn't happened to me over the years. Maybe a different model.
Eggs in a Bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 09:39   Link #65
Thingle
Banned

How different is an Ipod from an mp3 player?
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 09:41   Link #66
Eggs in a Bottle
Ehh I love suits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
Well from what I know, iPod has iTunes and iPods tend to be "long and thin" rather than "short and fat".

Edit: Did some comparison, and it's weird how an iPod nano and my Zen player are identical in specs.

Last edited by Eggs in a Bottle; 2008-11-12 at 10:08.
Eggs in a Bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 16:21   Link #67
bdragonomega

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean how different an ipod is from an mp3 player, since an ipod is basically a mp3 player. Although the newer ones tend to be more of a portable media player (PMP) since they have video and photo viewing capabilities. I do have some old mp3 players which were basically portable cd players that played mp3 files if thats what you meant. If you meant how are they different from other mp3 players out there then its probably best to do your own research. There are a bunch of quality mp3 players out there to choose from. After getting my first ipod as a gift from my brother and seeing my friend's iriver, I ended up doing some research on portable players out there. Since then i have tried out a bunch of players. I've even tried some of those cheap mp4 players from china. The Meizu line is pretty nice and has customizable fireware. I do miss my gemei x750 though, that was a nice player haha ^^.

Haha, now that Eggs in a Bottle mentioned it, I think i should have chosen a creative zen instead. I forgot that zens have a memory expansion slot. i have an unused sd card with a bunch of mp3s and photos on (it was for my old phone). I could have just stuck it in the zen xD.

Oh well, I have my ipod now and am currently loving it. Luckily there are programs out there to manage my ipod other than itunes, even though i do have it installed on my computer.
bdragonomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 17:51   Link #68
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
Oh, that'd be due to the multi coloured background with silhouettes dancing when they have the ipod highlighted in white that make it special.
It was such a neat gimmick that soon enough anime versions appeared for it and thus apple were getting free advertising on the net, luring more innocent people with their silhouette dance of doom and increasing their flock of sheep everyday.

It's no different to the ton of other mp3 players out there, aside from being made by Apple and glamorised to death.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
Old 2008-11-12, 20:44   Link #69
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Oh, that'd be due to the multi coloured background with silhouettes dancing when they have the ipod highlighted in white that make it special.
It was such a neat gimmick that soon enough anime versions appeared for it and thus apple were getting free advertising on the net, luring more innocent people with their silhouette dance of doom and increasing their flock of sheep everyday.

It's no different to the ton of other mp3 players out there, aside from being made by Apple and glamorised to death.
You forgot the part about it having an interface that doesn't cause pain to use.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 21:33   Link #70
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

But it is.
I actually had trouble with it the first few times I used it, just wanted buttons to press like most things in life that we operate technology with, not a wheel to turn around to navigate. x.x
But of course I forgot, Apple creates idiot proof products *cough*
And oh, the use of many flourescent colours, naturally.

Saying that, its interface hasn't become simplier as more and more new and "updated" versions appear that's for sure. (It 'used' to simply play music, the latest versions can do a hell of a lot more, i believe)
People are just used to it the same way we're all used to the Windows interface and we all know just how "great" windows is.

Eitherway, i'll leave here for those who wish to express their iLove as the topic states

Old 2008-11-18, 00:57   Link #71
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

I have this 6th gen. iPod, and it's pretty bad. The touch wheel doesn't always respond, and nothing is compatible with it yet. The only that's keeping me from trading it with an older one is 120GB I have xD.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 02:06   Link #72
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Urrghh, iPods..

I don't like it personally.

The touch wheel is annoying, turning it off is a pain, and searching for music is also a pain the first few weeks of using it.

I prefer my Sony Walkman W910i . .

iPods CAN'T CALL PEOPLE, NOW CAN THEY??

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:45   Link #73
KimmyChan

I own a pink Ipod Shuffle which I love to bits, and I have almost 200 songs on it so far
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 10:09   Link #74
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I own a iPod 5g and used to own a iPod touch, and now the iPods without the touch screen feels obsolete because I replaced all my iPods with a iPhone which have the same capabilities as the iPod but with calling and mobile broadband features.

Before I even own a iPod, I been using a PocketPC as a mp3 player (before the iPod Video came out) and it was difficult to use. It kept locking up on me and freezing although it has a touch screen and can play videos.
Old 2009-04-16, 09:43   Link #75
KimmyChan

I really wanna get an Ipod Chromatic in pink soon, when & if I can afford it
Old 2009-04-16, 10:19   Link #76
RAS Productions
Kicker of Babies

Apple needs to make their user interface more, well, user friendly. I don't own an ipod simply because I've seen my friends with ipods trying to use them. It looked quite unpleasant. I went and bought a 120GB Zune (I know. I'm not welcome here any longer.) simply because it was easier to use the program associated with it.
RAS Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 10:45   Link #77
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
iPods Are just the one of the greatest things I can think of.
I used to have the new green nano and I got it during christmas time so it was engraved. Its pretty easy to use plus nice looking.

The thing I hate about the iPods are not really the ipods but the cases
they're just the worst I can think of that Apple sells.
They're not water resistant and the make the screen look... weird.

Chaho-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 12:49   Link #78
RAS Productions
Kicker of Babies

I don't wanna hear a word about cases. Zune had virtually NO cases/accessories/or speaker systems. (I have found 2 offline so far. That's just sad.)
RAS Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 09:37   Link #79
KimmyChan

This is the pink Ipod Chromatic that I'd like, if I could ever afford it, lol!

Old 2009-05-20, 22:21   Link #80
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Joy Pod

Never was and never have been a fan of IPod . Was forced to use IPod for some years due to the lack of alternatives . But for more than a year have switched to a Nokia PDA and haven't used IPod since . But this parody is sweet wouldn't mind using Joy Pod from Gintama : D