I love you Kishimoto, that is all.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 14:04   Link #22
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You don't need spoiler tags.

And yes, I also saw some other sections with other names (Anko among them), but decided to wait for an accurate translation before providing...

New info, Kirabi teaches Naruto how to use the Bijuu's power.
never can be too careful
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 14:17   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Is there anything Kabuto cannot do? I bet he makes a killer apple pie too...
Bring Ed's mom back to li- OH WAIT.

I was fine with zombie Akatsuki, but this has gotten utterly preposterous. And here I was starting to think the manga was getting back on track lately... Naruto jumped the shark for the second time.
Old 2010-11-02, 14:24   Link #24
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was fine with zombie Akatsuki, but this has gotten utterly preposterous. And here I was starting to think the manga was getting back on track lately...
Strangely enough, I consider this more "back on track" than the 100,000 Zetsu Clum babies. At least Edo Tensei has been a known technique for 400 some chapters, and there was much speculation for many years that an army of dead could be used with the technique. Additionally, Edo Tensei doesn't leave the bitter taste of Nagato's resurrection technique.

So, yeah...this doesn't bother me the slightest. Additionally, I'll get to see my beloved Kimimaro back in action .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 14:25   Link #25
tkdtiger

Quote:
Bring Ed's mom back to li- OH WAIT.

I was fine with zombie Akatsuki, but this has gotten utterly preposterous. And here I was starting to think the manga was getting back on track lately... Naruto jumped the shark for the second time.
Are we really surprised that Kabuto would have a platoon of Zombies under his control.

I must agree though this may have been done to cater to the fans of the other characters that haven't made as much as an appearance, but is that a bad thing.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 14:29   Link #26
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol the Away (Madara/Kabuto/Sasuke) team has more power than the Home (Naruto/Sakura/Kakashi/Sai) team.
Old 2010-11-02, 14:31   Link #27
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Kishi never fail to impress me when it comes to bad writing. And Orichimaru who used it for only reviving two Hokage : Looooooooooooooool. Thanks Kishi, you're the best !
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 14:48   Link #28
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Kishi never fail to impress me when it comes to bad writing. And Orichimaru who used it for only reviving two Hokage : Looooooooooooooool. Thanks Kishi, you're the best !
While Kishi has been lacking recently, you shouldn’t be taking the wrong impression about what Kishi has been doing about Oro, Kabuto and edo Tensei.

Since all the Sanin were introduced, I always said Oro was the strongest of the 3 because of Edo Tensei, back then, Oro summoned these 2 Hokages for fun and his own personal amusement, rather than a serious fight with Sandaime. Meaning that any of these dead figures that Kabuto has been summoning could had been summoned by Oro. up to how powerful or how many Oro could revive compared to Kabuto, that’s a different story

So Kabuto using the full extent of Edo Tensei (while I gathered it has been said Kabuto has improved the Jutsu) is not surprising at all, and it goes well with the story flow.
Old 2010-11-02, 15:03   Link #29
Gin
*Artist

Kabuto should have summoned Naruto's parents. (And also Sarutobi and Orochimaru)
Old 2010-11-02, 15:30   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Strangely enough, I consider this more "back on track" than the 100,000 Zetsu Clum babies. At least Edo Tensei has been a known technique for 400 some chapters, and there was much speculation for many years that an army of dead could be used with the technique. Additionally, Edo Tensei doesn't leave the bitter taste of Nagato's resurrection technique.

So, yeah...this doesn't bother me the slightest. Additionally, I'll get to see my beloved Kimimaro back in action .
Yeah, the 100.000 zetsu babies thing was also pretty damn bad. However, I have to disagree with you on Edo Tensei: I don't think the fact this technique has been introduced 400 chapters ago makes it ok for it to be over abused like it is now. Furthermore, I don't think I'll be able to handle the upcoming cheap drama. To me, it seems like some of those characters were resurrected precisely for that, and to provide the ex-genins with adversaries that wouldn't be too strong for them. By the way, who's Gaara's aide? The aunt uncle that tried to kill him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Are we really surprised that Kabuto would have a platoon of Zombies under his control.

I must agree though this may have been done to cater to the fans of the other characters that haven't made as much as an appearance, but is that a bad thing.
Not surprising, just disappointing. A technique as powerful and convenient as Edo Tensei should have limitations. It's becoming apparent that it doesn't have any. All Kabuto needs is a body to sacrifice and he can bring back whoever the hell he wishes to do his bidding.
Old 2010-11-02, 15:38   Link #31
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Kabuto should have summoned Naruto's parents. (And also Sarutobi and Orochimaru)
Now THAT would call for some serious Naruto mindrape and a very ambiguous battle, assuming dead Kushina can still control the kyuubi (because when she was alive, she was still the host).
Quote:
Edo Tensei should have limitations. It's becoming apparent that it doesn't have any.
It is more of a ritual and less of a technique: Hiruzen stopped Minato's resurrection by throwing a few shuriken on his coffin, and using it while in combat is impossible, unless you can fetch a body and go for it...but obviously, reviving everyone and killing them again is a cycle that shouldn't go on.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 15:47   Link #32
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Kabuto can't summon the 4th or Sarutobi as they are currently sealed within the Death God.

Kabuto can't summon Orochimaru either because Orochi is still alive (he is currently sealed in Itachi's artifact wielded by his Susano)

I am not 100% sure of Naruto's mother, but I do think she is summonable.

Quote:
Not surprising, just disappointing. A technique as powerful and convenient as Edo Tensei should have limitations. It's becoming apparent that it doesn't have any. All Kabuto needs is a body to sacrifice and he can bring back whoever the hell he wishes to do his bidding.
We don't know if it has limitations. Kabuto has yet to use the jutsu seriously. Personally I think it has some limitations based on observation:

- big preparation time
- likely time limit on how long the summon can stay out for (*)

(*) I base this on the fact there was no logical reason for Kabuto to unsummon Deidara in his fight against the old Kage. If Deidara won, it would be a major push for Akatsuki. If Deidara lost, Kabuto could just summon him through another body.

- jutsu may be proximity based (which could be another reason why Deidara was unsummon when Kabuto left)

We also don't know if these zombies even have access to the majority of their powers yet. (a full power regenerating Itachi or Nagato can probably take on a good set of the alliance by themselves kages and all... and win fairly easily)
Old 2010-11-02, 16:30   Link #33
james0246

Quote:
Yeah, the 100.000 zetsu babies thing was also pretty damn bad. However, I have to disagree with you on Edo Tensei: I don't think the fact this technique has been introduced 400 chapters ago makes it ok for it to be over abused like it is now. Furthermore, I don't think I'll be able to handle the upcoming cheap drama. To me, it seems like some of those characters were resurrected precisely for that, and to provide the ex-genins with adversaries that wouldn't be too strong for them. By the way, who's Gaara's aide? The aunt uncle that tried to kill him?
It's not really cheap drama though. Specifically, Kabuto is a genius at information gathering. From his time as a spy for Sasori and Orochimaru, to the info given to Naruto on the various Akatsuki, to his knowledge of Madara's secret ("What's in the Box!") as well as Zetsu's, all these pieces of info were used at strategic times to influence and shape the Shinobi world. So, is it really that weird that he would use several emotional attacks mixed in with the standard barrages of overpowering attacks (Hell, even going back to Orochimaru, the main reason he summoned the Kages was to mess with Sarutobi, Orochimaru by himself could have defeated the old man, but he wanted to destroy Sarutobi, so he used Edo Tensei)? Nearly every single one of Kabuto's new summons (and several of the old summons) has emotional resonance with Key alliance members (Gaara's uncle; Shikimaru's teacher; Chiyo-baba (for Sakura?)); Neji's Dad (for the entire Hyuuga clan); etc) and with their respective village. So, in one move Kabuto can completely change the shape of the battlefield.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 16:41   Link #34
mechdra

All the zombies and yet they still did not dig up Hidan. The zombies need the blessing of Jashin-sama
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 17:21   Link #35
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

lol Yamato is getting raped.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 17:23   Link #36
Jehuty

I must be the only one really sad to see Asuma and Chiyo in the bag guys' ranks. D:

I also don't get why the former jinchuuriki were summoned -- not like they will still retain the jinchuuriki abilities right?

I mean, Gaara is an exception since sand control is his kekkei genkai, but still..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
All the zombies and yet they still did not dig up Hidan. The zombies need the blessing of Jashin-sama
that's an interesting point -- his ability alone, along with immortality, would make him a HUGE trump card.

Kakuzu could tell them the location, too.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-11-02 at 17:39.
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 17:29   Link #37
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Why didn't Kabuto summon Shisui too? His mind control should be pretty hax.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 17:31   Link #38
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
I must be the only one really sad to see Asuma and Chiyo in the bag guys' ranks. D:

I also don't get why the former jinchuuriki were summoned -- not like they will still retain the jinchuuriki abilities right?

I mean, Gaara is an exception since sand control is his kekkei genkai, but still..
No, Gaara's control is not a kekkei genkai. Its the result of him being a Jinchuuriki. If it was a blood limit, Temari and Kankuro would have the ability as well.

I like this. I think, at this late stage of the game, new bad guys would be a bit pointless.

Also, isn't that Dan? As in Tsunade's lover. I don't see anone else who could be Yukimaru(I think that was Gaara's uncles name)

i'm sure we'll see more and more of Edo Tensei's limits as its being utilised. And don't forget that one of its limits is that a sacrifice is needed, so for everyone revived someone has to die.

I'm pretty sure that all former Hokage's are off limits due to Shiki Fuuin tho.
Old 2010-11-02, 17:38   Link #39
Blaat

Quote:
Additionally, Edo Tensei doesn't leave the bitter taste of Nagato's resurrection technique.
This.

I'm missing zombie Jiraiya, Third Hokage and Naruto's parents though. I guess Naruto won't end up fighting the zombies.
Old 2010-11-02, 17:38   Link #40
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:

I have a bad feeling about this mass-dead-summoning when i think about Naruto's mysterious power that brings life to wood (wood=dead tree). We have already seen a mass resurrection from one of the two chosen ones...
I really hope some major names of the alliance will die, otherwise this whole "war" will be just a joke. A mass resurrection done by Naruto in the end would make this mass killing of good guys much more possible, using the same trick of kill-revive twice. Of course here i'm assuming that in shonen manga large quantities of the good guys cannot die (some kind of law), so the only way Kishi can do it if he has a revival plan.
Thinking about it, the big finale might be even cool, despite mass resurrection is kind of stupid, but DB/DBZ worked like that too. People like Itachi and Nagato being resurrected, that sure does sound cool Even if such a happy ending would ruin the all sacrifices made in the past, that is if Naruto brings back to life all those people the whole story would be weakened.

It's nice to see how powerful the tsuchikage is, now that makes it much more beliveable that he and his village were a real threat to konoha in the wars of the past.

Why is Gaara the commander general of all 5 divisions? Or maybe there are more divisions than 5? He should be too young for such a task. And what are the 4 more experienced kages doing in the meantime?

The Temari-Shikamaru couple fanboys and fangirls will be happy reading this chapter

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2010-11-02 at 17:55.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion