AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2023-09-09, 18:40   Link #361
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Other than the unfortunate cut, it was a cool episode. Gigi is one of the most fun antagonist in this arc, and Mayuri is definitely a good match as her opponent, as both are sadistic freaks. Mayuri even has his own zombies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Having seen the chapter, they skipped the part where Chad throws Ichigo into the buildings and a moment of Ichigo x Orihime T.T (although maybe they can put it later), with respect to the rest of the chapter, Urahara prepares to send Ichigo to the King's palace, there were cameos by Komamura and the Vizard (I hope they have more prominence later), and a Zombie fight started (although I didn't really like that Bambi reappeared, I feel that Komamura's fight lost meaning...), and at the end Hitsugaya-Zombie appeared, let's wait for the next chapter!
The IchiHime scene was confirmed to be cut by one of the animators, who was very disappointed and drew it anyway: https://twitter.com/yzvpp/status/1700538064597340300

For those who haven't read the manga, that's Yoruichi's hand by the way. I wouldn't have cared if they had only cut that, but IMO that scene was pretty important to tell us where Ichigo and Orihime stand relative each other and what others think of them.

It's chapter 589 if people who haven't read the manga want to check it out.

Spoiler for Description of the scene:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
They cut out Yumichika's line when he first reveals Giselle's gender by telling him he reeks of semen, though they sort of imply it when he covers his nose.
About that... in the Japanese broadcast, the line remained the same. They recorded another SFW line specifically for the international version.
Old 2023-09-09, 21:20   Link #362
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Having seen the chapter, they skipped the part where Chad throws Ichigo into the buildings and a moment of Ichigo x Orihime T.T (although maybe they can put it later), with respect to the rest of the chapter, Urahara prepares to send Ichigo to the King's palace, there were cameos by Komamura and the Vizard (I hope they have more prominence later), and a Zombie fight started (although I didn't really like that Bambi reappeared, I feel that Komamura's fight lost meaning...), and at the end Hitsugaya-Zombie appeared, let's wait for the next chapter!
I don't know. I think Bambi would say that fight had all sorts of meaning. She got murdered and turned into a zombie after all . She's definitely doing worse than Komamura! Which is saying a lot considering the state Komamura was reduced to!

Rough state for Hitsugaya as well there...
Old 2023-09-09, 22:19   Link #363
Strahan

Not surprised they cut the Orihime tits scene. It seems like they're dedicated to not having humor in this modern Bleach (sigh)

I'm over the side fights, I wish they'd focus on Ichigo and crew more. Hurry up and squish the Quincies and let's get this train rolling, heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-10, 16:18   Link #364
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
About that... in the Japanese broadcast, the line remained the same. They recorded another SFW line specifically for the international version.
Has that ever happened in an anime before ?
Old 2023-09-10, 18:54   Link #365
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Reminds me of how the English dub for the arc got some attention their way with the line Bambietta said after bifurcating that WandenRando. Took some liberties with the script was putting it mildly.
Old 2023-09-11, 07:20   Link #366
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The handling of this anime is reminding me of the Demon Slayer seasons where the staff is more interested in showing as many battles as possible rather than make the plot progress. The most hyped part of the entire arc, Ichigo developing another power but this time at its best instead ended up avoiding fights and talk with Chad and Orihime who also haven't done a thing other than fanservice. I hope they get a more screentime because at this point Hitsugaya is having more screentime with that new state and let's not forget he even had his own movie.
Old 2023-09-13, 20:43   Link #367
Alchemist007
*Author

I knew I remembered more Orihime silliness in the manga. The way the first cour of this season started was kind of fun but it's all been battle hell this cour.
Old 2023-09-16, 10:01   Link #368
Frontier

Becoming a Sternritter Zombie hasn't impacted Hitsugaya's effectiveness as a combatant at all. Ikkaku and Yumichika didn't stand a chance, even with Yumichika being willing to use his Zanpakuto's true name .

"I'm not a sadist" - all evidence to the contrary, Gigi .

Well, Charlotte got to have one cool moment, now it's time for Hitsugaya to cut through @#$% .

Figures Mayuri would rationalize doing whatever the heck he wanted on a fellow Captain and subject mental torture to his opponent before they even knew it...and administering all his creepy drugs, especially when they're powerless to do anything. I felt even worse for Hitsugaya, poor guy .

Oh no! Zombie Kensei! Zombie Rose! Oh no...not Zombie Rangiku! NOT RANGIKU !!!

Byakuya just soloing three Sternritter's like they're nothing. Nanana is down! Candice is finally down! Robert, even after a strong show of force, is down! Shunsui would definitely cheer at that last one .

Poor Shuhei. Did he even actually beat a Sternritter or was it just Pepe making him think he did? And then he gets brainwashed into attacking Byakuya and ends up getting beat up by his captain for the umpteenth time .

Pepe is all about the love! Complete with a groovy theme! And he's willing to use the power of love to make people kill each other, including his own team as he makes Meninas attack Liltotto. All so he can take all the credit. Yikes .

He can even make Zanpakuto's under his control and putting Byakuya at a distinct disadvantage, though it seems like his brainwashing doesn't work on him (was it Byakuya's clothes from the Royal Palace?). But luckily Mayuri shows up with his Zombie Soul Reapers who, in true Mayuri fashion, don't understand love so they can freely beat down on Pepe. Why, Kensei finally wins a fight !

So like did Mayuri do anything to Gigi or just left her alone because she was powerless without her zombies ?

I...I did not need to see Pepe turning into a chubby Cupid complete with stripping down into a diaper .

See, this is what you get for turning on your own team. Liltotto eating you .

Yhwach has reached the Royal Palace! Is it Squad Zero's move next ?
Old 2023-09-16, 13:21   Link #369
Gerard07

Seen the chapter; Mayuri put Hitsugaya in a time loop, Byakuya defeated 3 Quincys (I would have preferred Kyoraku to have had his revenge against the old man with glasses, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore), and that Quincy who kept saying love gave me something The truth is disgusting... (although in the manga it was explained why his ability did not fuse into Byakuya?), Mayuri took away Gigi's zombies and Yhwach arrived at the King's palace, to wait for the next chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-16, 13:26   Link #370
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Rarely have I seen such a bleak "win".

I mean, I guess it's a good thing that Mayuri won. Probably. Honestly that's probably the last person I'd want to give an army of zombie Captains to use in a fight. Useful enough in a situation like this. But really becomes the definition of a fate worse than death.

Kind of sad that Hitsugaya ended up a better fighter as a zombie than when he was alive. Sadly couldn't do much against Mayuri's drug. At this point all he can hope for is that Shunsui is competent enough to make Mayuri destroy his zombies and not keep them around permanently. But considering that guy has been doing absolutely nothing this whole season I really wonder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So like did Mayuri do anything to Gigi or just left her alone because she was powerless without her zombies ?
Well he did have one of the captain zombies stab him in the gut. So I presume he just let them finish off Gigi offscreen. Not like Gigi was powerful enough individually to warrant much more attention than that.
Old 2023-09-16, 16:28   Link #371
Huh...?

Quote:
I...I did not need to see Pepe turning into a chubby Cupid complete with stripping down into a diaper .
And that is ok as per the producers, while that Yoruichi's hand between Orihime boobs Scene was cut out because it was too lewd.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-16, 18:01   Link #372
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
And that is ok as per the producers, while that Yoruichi's hand between Orihime boobs Scene was cut out because it was too lewd.
Not that surprising considering how they cut out the scene showing Rukia's butt in the hot spring to replace it with Ichigo's Asauchi's butt instead. I guess it's also because transformation is a bit more plot important.
Old 2023-09-16, 18:13   Link #373
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Poor Shuhei. Did he even actually beat a Sternritter or was it just Pepe making him think he did? And then he gets brainwashed into attacking Byakuya and ends up getting beat up by his captain for the umpteenth time .
He didn't beat anyone. Everyone who showed up to stop Ichigo was accounted for except Bazz-B, who should be busy with Renji and Rukia. Speaking of which, Renji and Rukia are really the only vice-captains who can beat Sternritters.

It's never actually explained but the Ouken clothes is the only explanation for why Byakuya would have been immune not just to Pepe's ability but NaNaNa's as well.
Old 2023-09-16, 19:33   Link #374
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He didn't beat anyone. Everyone who showed up to stop Ichigo was accounted for except Bazz-B, who should be busy with Renji and Rukia. Speaking of which, Renji and Rukia are really the only vice-captains who can beat Sternritters.

It's never actually explained but the Ouken clothes is the only explanation for why Byakuya would have been immune not just to Pepe's ability but NaNaNa's as well.
Man, it just doesn't pay to be Shuhei .

Why does Byakuya always fight the dark-skinned antagonists powered by love or the antagonists who try to brainwash him...
Old 2023-09-16, 21:33   Link #375
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Man, it just doesn't pay to be Shuhei .

Why does Byakuya always fight the dark-skinned antagonists powered by love or the antagonists who try to brainwash him...
Let's look at the bright side. At least Shuhei is alive! His new captain is a zombie (which I'm counting as being dead) so he's outlived his captain...again. He hasn't accomplished anything of note this arc, but he hasn't died either. Which is a win considering the casualty rate for the Soul Reapers here! Although on the other hand...this guy is clearly bad luck. Who wants to be this guy's captain next when the death rate is so consistent?

With Byakuya...maybe because he's cool? Even his enemies want to get a reaction out of him . It is weird how this specific case has happened to him twice though. Even having the element in common of turning either his own body parts or his weapons against him.

Also I still don't know how making his sword fall in love gave it the ability to attack Byakuya. It's a sword...can those things just fly around on their own?
Old 2023-09-17, 04:49   Link #376
Huh...?

What I am more confused about is why was the Zombie Trap able to Zombify Kensei & Rōjūrō.
Both of them are Visored, meaning they have Hollow powers (which incidentally they didn't even use once in their current fight).
And shouldn't having Hollow powers somewhat dillute the effects of Quincy blood or Reishi related abilities?
I mean, that was how the Captain's were able to regain their stolen Bankai from the Quincies (aka., infect their own Reishi with Hollow powers, and since their Bankai were still connected the Hollow Reishi affect it as well turning poisonous to Quincies.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 08:05   Link #377
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

I mean, I guess it's a good thing that Mayuri won. Probably. Honestly that's probably the last person I'd want to give an army of zombie Captains to use in a fight. Useful enough in a situation like this. But really becomes the definition of a fate worse than death.

Kind of sad that Hitsugaya ended up a better fighter as a zombie than when he was alive. Sadly couldn't do much against Mayuri's drug. At this point all he can hope for is that Shunsui is competent enough to make Mayuri destroy his zombies and not keep them around permanently. But considering that guy has been doing absolutely nothing this whole season I really wonder!
They'll be fine. They were zombified just before they died, which means they're alive. They just need Mayuri to cure them of their zombie condition once he's bored with them or something.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 15:08   Link #378
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
What I am more confused about is why was the Zombie Trap able to Zombify Kensei & Rōjūrō.
Both of them are Visored, meaning they have Hollow powers (which incidentally they didn't even use once in their current fight).
And shouldn't having Hollow powers somewhat dillute the effects of Quincy blood or Reishi related abilities?
I mean, that was how the Captain's were able to regain their stolen Bankai from the Quincies (aka., infect their own Reishi with Hollow powers, and since their Bankai were still connected the Hollow Reishi affect it as well turning poisonous to Quincies.
That only works for Quincies. Is poisonous to them when hollow reishi start to mix and corrode their souls.

Quote:
Let's look at the bright side. At least Shuhei is alive! His new captain is a zombie (which I'm counting as being dead) so he's outlived his captain...again. He hasn't accomplished anything of note this arc, but he hasn't died either. Which is a win considering the casualty rate for the Soul Reapers here! Although on the other hand...this guy is clearly bad luck. Who wants to be this guy's captain next when the death rate is so consistent?
I suppose is a win of sorts when he is alive after taking L after L and counting.

Quote:
Also I still don't know how making his sword fall in love gave it the ability to attack Byakuya. It's a sword...can those things just fly around on their own?
Is not just a sword. As much as it is filler do you remember the Zanpakuto Rebellion arc? Imagine that Senbonzakura in love with Pepe.

Quote:

Say whatever you want about Mayuri but without him Gigi and Pepe would have finished with the rest of the Seireitei for themselves. Today he was the VIP.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2023-09-18 at 20:56. Reason: When replying to multiple posts, please edit your existing post rather than multi-posting.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 10:02   Link #379
Frontier

So back in the day Ichibe actually tried to make peace between Yhwach and the Soul Society, wanting the Quincies to just sit back and relax in their splendor and leave things be...but Yhwach wasn't having it. He feels that separating life from death is an aberration that causes nothing but problems, and he won't be deceived into thinking this three separate worlds created by the Soul King is correct .

In fact it seems like Yhwach...is actually the Soul King's son? In some form? And the Soul King passes on this multiple pupil powers onto both Yhwach and Ichibe (who was there during his birth, apparently?). And Ichibe uses it to seal up Yhwach's powers, not that he's too fussed about it .

Y'know, I have a lot of questions about those Quincies who were there with Yhwach in the flashback. Especially that short rifle waifu !

Boar running through a hallway? You know that's Ganju! That's right, he's back, and he's joining Ichigo and co. again because he's got a map to the Royal Palace! Not that he really brings much value otherwise, but it's nice to see him again and be part of the group. Why with Yoruichi back onboard it's like the old Soul Society gang back together...minus Uryu .

Senjumaru confronts Yhwach and his CG Quincy mooks with her own who handily defeat them, less so when they sick Nianzol and his ability to deflect every attack thrown at him...though not the attacks coming from his own clothes woven by Senjumaru. And he gets tossed to the side .

Of course they've also got a whole Royal Guard of Sternritter ready to fight for Yhwach. Askin! Lille voiced by Satoshi Hino! Some Jawa looking dude! Also Gerard, who just tosses his robes aside to unveil his full viking glory like he's auditioning for Vinland Saga !

So Lille is a sniper and quite a dangerous one at that, headshotting Senjumaru and destroying all the other palaces...or he would have had Senjumaru not woven a fake Royal Palace so Kirio could trap the Quincies in a tree that will eat all Reishi. And then Squad Zero make their epic entrances .

Oh-Etsu out there throwing around an incomplete Zanpakuto that is still super OP it takes down Gerard in one hit and deflects all of Lille's attacks. Nice .

Figures Yhwach would have some kind of teleportation power to give him an excuse to fight Ichibe and his giant brush .
Old 2023-09-23, 13:11   Link #380
Gerard07

Seen the chapter; A conversation between Ichibe and Yhwach (correcting me if I'm wrong, but that wasn't in the manga, right?), Ichibe gave him an Arm of the Spiritual King to seal Yhwach's eyes and it was revealed that this is the son of the Spiritual King, the Squad 0 came out to greet the Quincys who arrived at the Palace and locked them in a cage, but Yhwach escaped using a special medallion (for a moment I think he was going to use Yamamoto's Bankai) and prepared to fight Ichibe, it was a good chapter, wait for the next one to see the fights!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote