Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-22, 09:56   Link #101
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
New illustration

Spoiler for Claire and Aurora:
the promise of more Claire and Aurora appeals to me .
Old 2023-10-22, 10:57   Link #102
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
the promise of more Claire and Aurora appeals to me .
This should happen in the third season. Chuunibyou Claire is the best Claire.
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 09:58   Link #103
EroKing

Lelouch, is that you?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 14:22.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 10:10   Link #104
Frontier

Mitsugoshi is under attack! It's a good thing that it's run by Shadow Garden meaning every employee is as deadly as they are beautiful and all vulnerability is just a show to pull off a sting operation...I doubt those exposed boobs were even real! And it's all to ferret out the Cult of Diablos' connection the businesses so we can get some all out war going on .

Of course Po and Skel thinks they can sport some knockoff clothing and use it to pick up chicks...at least until the labels start falling off. Has Mitsugoshi gone too far? Have they made too many enemies? Have they trampled over the little guy a bit too much? Only one man knows the truth and has the guts to do something about it, a Super Elite Agent in fact .

I love how Cid constructs yet another new identity (voiced by Jun Fukuyama, even!) to basically play corporate spy for Yukime so he can take down his own organizations' business side and then take it over and re-hire everybody. Because that's obviously a sensible and clear direction to take things and won't ruffle any feathers .

Seems like this is personal for Yukime too, at least in the sense that she wants some payback from Gettan (Daisuke Namikawa?) who is running things behind the scenes for Garter (Chafurin!) and the Cult of Diablos. John Smith will probably run into him sooner rather than later .

Cid has wanted to pull of a money counterfeiting ring for so long and then Yukime has to call out how impractical it is...until Johns' frustration at his plan being ruined causes her to come up with a big brain idea and the perfect way of using it and assuming that was his plan the whole time. Yukime is like the perfect business partner for someone like Cid .

Delta! Still running around in her underwear and still showing off her cleavage and butt for all to see! Cid's head makes a great headrest for her boobs. And how can Cid say no to his pet when she wants to team-up and slaughter some bandits ?

Huh, didn't expect to see Delta, I mean, Sara's brother with one of the bandits...not that she really cares, her family believe in survival of the fittest and if he was this weak she has no qualm killing him. It sounds like she has tons of half-siblings on-top of him because her dad, the chief of her tribe, has had numerous wives and kids. He even hunted her when she became possessed. Though now Delta wants Shadow to fight her dad and become chief so they can hook up and have a lot of babies. Sasuga Shadow-sama .

Nothing beats a beautiful blonde in her PJ's for the ED visual, eh ?
Old 2023-10-25, 18:22   Link #105
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

Lelouch, is that you?
Destroyer of All, Harbinger of Rebirth…
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 18:54   Link #106
Frontier

Quote:

Lelouch, is that you?
He totally watched Code Geass as a kid .
Old 2023-10-25, 19:54   Link #107
grecefar

that was fun, cid only wanted to print fake money lol.

let's see how it will go with this new alter ego john smith, I find it hard to surpass mundane mann.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-25, 21:17   Link #108
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:

Lelouch, is that you?
His VA also sounds a lot like Lelouch when he's Mr. John Smith.

Man, I really want to know what Aurora was gonna say in episode 3 before getting cut off.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-26, 04:18   Link #109
Tenzen12

I always knew that Kageno was not good guy, but trying destroy hard work of people who adore and faithfully follow him. That's just new level of being d**k. I remember, This is why I dropped novel after this arc.
Old 2023-10-26, 06:42   Link #110
LG-MAX 2.o

I remember people abandoning the novel/anime after Shadow used "I am atomic" in the middle of Midgard.
Old 2023-10-26, 10:47   Link #111
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I always knew that Kageno was not good guy, but trying destroy hard work of people who adore and faithfully follow him. That's just new level of being d**k. I remember, This is why I dropped novel after this arc.
I mean, they're all just larping, it's all in good fun (at least for him) and he'll make sure they still have jobs by the end anyways .
Old 2023-10-26, 14:09   Link #112
ryllharu

Quote:
Even if he doesn't realize it and selfishly wanted to take all their money and give it back to them under a new name because Mitsugoshi has become too mainstream, Yukime correctly figured out the fiat currency house of cards that the girls have inadvertently built for themselves.

This sort of stuff did happen in history quite a few times. It's happened at least twice in the past 10 years.

Yukime and John Smith are going to take advantage of the vulnerability before someone else does.

From his perspective, the girls have become too visible. Which is actually bad for Shadow Garden's true aim which he still thinks is just larping.
ryllharu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-27, 03:36   Link #113
patnam

Ep5 Previews:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-27, 03:56   Link #114
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
From his perspective, the girls have become too visible. Which is actually bad for Shadow Garden's true aim which he still thinks is just larping.
I wouldnt take the larping thing seriously. Cid is insane. And his personal reasons for doing things doenst match reality. Even when hes doing seemingly random stuff, it always ends up helping shadow gardens goals. Case in point, the whole final arc of season 1 was just deranged trolling by shadow but it ended up being exactly what shadow garden needed done. The guy is like a troll DnD player that always rolls Nat 20. Not matter how crazy the stunts he pulls, rest assured it will be exactly what needs to be done. I have no doubt that this will prove true with this arc as well.
Old 2023-10-27, 18:40   Link #115
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Ep5 Previews:

YouTube

YouTube
Alexia returns! Finally !

Also Gamma making a fool of herself .
Old 2023-10-28, 10:21   Link #116
alex_drian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
I remember people abandoning the novel/anime after Shadow used "I am atomic" in the middle of Midgard.
People seem to forget that Cid is mentally ill.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-28, 11:41   Link #117
Tenzen12

I am aware, but I am not gonna symphatise with people whose mental ilness make them asshole to other people. I dropped Good Doctor too for same reason.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2023-10-28 at 12:20.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-28, 15:23   Link #118
LG-MAX 2.o

Asshole protagonists are also necessary, not every protagonist needs to put friendship above everything else.
Old 2023-10-28, 16:03   Link #119
Tenzen12

Again, there have to be certain line. being asshole to enemies is fun. Being asshole to unrelated people is edgy, but it can work, but abusing loyality of own people that just means there is no standard at all and character is completely unredeemable as protagonist. I mean even Lelouch had Nunnalee, Ainz his underlings and Alucard Integra. This is why you still can root for them (well except Ainz, I do hope he will be eventually defeated, because he is straight up villain, but even his villainy stem from his loyality).

I think if you write anti-hero/anti-villain you need at least single small redeeming quality
Old 2023-10-28, 16:36   Link #120
LG-MAX 2.o

And I'm not criticizing you or trying to change your mind, it just that in my case I find the existence of a protagonist who prioritizes his own fun refreshing and valid. This, for me, gives the series an unpredictability that series with more typical protagonists do not have and not to mention that it also creates the possibility of there being a change within him in the future, which creates possibilities that the author can explore in the story.

I understand that Cid may bother some readers with his actions, but strangely this gives him a subtle complexity, like when he talks to the school principal about his core as a person, which consists of valuing some things and discarding the rest.