AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-28, 22:45   Link #281
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Knowing the lyrics and how they connect to the actual show actually makes me enjoy the OP more, personally .
Fair enough. It is a problem more in my end with concentration problems and the lyrics distracting me of the visuals and music.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-30, 20:51   Link #282
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Don't get between this girl and her dumpling.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I thought the attache case might also contain a dumpling.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-31, 14:55   Link #283
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Don't get between this girl and her dumpling.
Maybe she wouldn't need guns if she used her mouth to eat instead of singing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 03:11   Link #284
Marina2

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not as unique as previous one but still good visually.
Old 2024-01-06, 09:22   Link #285
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Hard to say if the new OP is better but it has a lot of subtle spoilers that anime-only viewers will miss most probably but which are very clear for readers.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 09:41   Link #286
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Hard to say if the new OP is better but it has a lot of subtle spoilers that anime-only viewers will miss most probably but which are very clear for readers.
Agreed. None of them are particularly huge though.

Don't even compare to the way I accidentally spoiled myself on this series last week...so anime-only watchers should avoid the fandom/wikia pages like a plague. They're as bad or worse than the Slime Tensei and Mushoku Tensei wikias with unmarked spoilers you will stumble upon accidentally while looking for even basic info.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 14:21   Link #287
Frontier

A New Year, a new cour, a new OP/ED, and more palace intrigue for Maomao .

Jinshi and the Emperor! Seems like Jinshi has always compared himself to the Emperor and tried so hard, even if the most exceptional thing about him is his beauty...but even if it means excelling in the Inner Palace, he'll do it to make something his own. Whether it be as a younger brother trying to carve his own path from his older brother, or a son trying to move past living up to his father .

The new OP features plenty of good Maomao content with her daily life in the palace, all the intrigue and new characters to come, some muscles and boobs for good measure, and Maomao and Jinshi shots !

I love how Maomao's big sis' are making sure she's putting the work in now that Jinshi has bought her out, not only for her sake but also so that she can pay the house back with some paying clients...vigorous clients for Pairin, of course .

It's sad that Maomao will leave her dad again, but at least she can visit more now! It seems there's some things unsaid between father and daughter, but it's cute how Maomao wanted to sleep closer to him before she left...she truly cherishes her father, just as he dotes on her. Same with the rest of her family .

Jinshi eating good that morning with dolled up Maomao! Too bad she's so stunning she draws the attention of everybody. It's enough to make Jinshi want her back in freckle form so nobody steals her away from him .

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's totally normal for an eunuch to have a swanky place in the outer palace complete with a personal and loyal attendant who calls him "young master." Definitely nothing suspicious there. Maomao even thinks he'd be quite the catch if he wasn't dickless...even though he has a physique that most actual eunuch's would probably dream of .

Suiren seems nice. I get the sense she might be a mother-like figure to Jinshi ever since he was a child. Seems like she approves of Maomao too .

Maomao isn't there to do her typical apothecary work or even be a servant! She's going to train to be a court lady! All the better for Jinshi to woo, I imagine. Not that she wants any part of it or learning to work in the Outer Palace .

Though Outer or Inner Palace there's always going to be uppity ladies who don't like Maomao and pick a fight...I'm just disappointed Maomao didn't slap back, even if I get why she didn't. Though putting herself down while "praising" Jinshi's virtues is one way to get out of that situation .

Welp, Maomao didn't pass the test so servant girl it is! It probably suits her better that way anyways .

Something seems fishy about that Kaori Nazuka girl. She seems different from the rest. Also that monocle guy has his eye on Maomao .

A Jinshi-focused ED! Jinshi has the eye of so many women, but the only girl he has eyes on is Maomao and he enjoys nothing more than the time they share together! Also here's shirtless Jinshi holding a sword by a windowsill for all you Jinshi lovers !
Old 2024-01-06, 19:35   Link #288
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Everyone was dazzled by Maomao's beauty and Jinshi had to try his hardest to keep her out of sight. He wasted no time telling her to go back to the freckles.

With the direction this seemed to be heading, I was wondering how Maomao would get back to the Inner Palace (the OP spoiled she would) since I don't think court ladies have any business there. Turns out she failed the exam and Jinshi made her his personal servant to keep her around. And since Jinshi is in charge of the inner palace... there we go. I assume her duties won't be too different. No more poison tasting but she'll still be sent on investigations.

Monocle dude seems really creepy.
Old 2024-01-06, 20:24   Link #289
grecefar

"Why did you think I'll pass?", lol that was a great comeback.

The new consort looks pretty young, maybe maomao's age or less?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-06, 21:05   Link #290
Frontier

Quote:
I will miss dancing Maomao seducing me .
Old 2024-01-06, 21:41   Link #291
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
"Why did you think I'll pass?", lol that was a great comeback.

The new consort looks pretty young, maybe maomao's age or less?
Loulan is around MaoMaos age. So older than Lishu but a bit younger than Gyokuyo.

And it will be funny seing everyone making theories about certain monocled character.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2024-01-08 at 10:30.
Old 2024-01-06, 22:36   Link #292
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I will miss dancing Maomao seducing me .
The only good thing I saw from OP1, but I always skipped to that part of the song without fault.

The new OP and ED have more meat to them though, as if the production committee discovered that the show was popular. The contrast is interesting.

Maomao's VA is definitely a highlight of the show. Laughed hard when she scampered out so-so-so-so-so-so...
Old 2024-01-07, 06:08   Link #293
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Her seiyuu is the inestimable Aoi Yuuki. She has just the right voice and level of intelligence to portray Maomao. Her anime career dates back at least to 2008's Kurenai when she was fifteen playing an 8-yo opposite Sawashiro Miyuki. They had a senpai/kohei relationship for a while after that. One of Aoi's more unusual roles of late was as the voice of a cursed sword in Thunderbolt Fantasy.
Old 2024-01-07, 07:29   Link #294
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

If I am not mistaken, her debut role was playing a girl named Sakura in the old Kino no Tabi (her characters backstory mirrored the one of Kino). So it was pretty ironic she played Kino in the remake years later.

And she voices a magical talking parrot in this season Sasaki and Pi-chan. I think it is on par with voicing a cursed sword (I need to get back to Thunderbolt Fantasy sometimes).
Old 2024-01-07, 08:18   Link #295
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Didn't realize she voiced Pi-chan. Another very appropriate role for her.
Old 2024-01-07, 17:27   Link #296
Frontier

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, her debut role was playing a girl named Sakura in the old Kino no Tabi (her characters backstory mirrored the one of Kino). So it was pretty ironic she played Kino in the remake years later.

And she voices a magical talking parrot in this season Sasaki and Pi-chan. I think it is on par with voicing a cursed sword (I need to get back to Thunderbolt Fantasy sometimes).
I think her first acting roles was a child actress in Kamen Rider Faiz .
Old 2024-01-07, 20:24   Link #297
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I am talking about VA roles, she had a few of actual acting roles, like playing that yakua princess in a comedy show (forgot it's name).
Old 2024-01-07, 20:42   Link #298
ryllharu

If you're talking her roles that actually matter, it is Murasaki in Kurenai, Mina Tepes, Victorique of Gosick, Madoka, Hibiki of Symphogear, Clementine in Overlord, and finally Tanya of Youjo Senki.

That set her full dramatic and vocal range. The majority of her other roles prior to Madoka are all meek, children, or kuuderes.

Maomao just happens to combine them all in a single role.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-07, 21:30   Link #299
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Also Miyashita Touka/Boogiepop in Boogiepop and Others and as said earlier, Kino in the latest version of Kino no Tabi. (Just look at my profile pic. ) Plus she was the entire show in So I'm a Spider, So What? as was made painfully evident by how terrible it was whenever her character wasn't onscreen.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 14:19   Link #300
Frontier

We have a new Pure Consort in the Inner Palace! Consort Luolan! Who has quite striking features and eyes, though she seems pretty disinterested in everything .

What better excuse for Gyokuyou and Lihua to see Maomao again than by requesting some sex education courtesy of everyone's favorite Apothecary? Especially when she knows her stuff .

Maomao better watch Suiren, she's making sure Maomao doesn't go overboard and doesn't try to trick Jinshi !

Yeah, it's...probably for the best that Jinshi didn't see Maomao's teaching material. It was enough just for all the ladies. Not only do we have all the consorts but even their main ladies-in-waiting! We've got Hongniang! Lishu's only good lady-in-waiting! That girl Maomao slapped for poisoning Lihua! So many familiar faces .

I love how all the ladies take to Maomao's teaching in their own way. Gyokuyou and Lihua are really interested in it, Lishu can't handle it (good thing the Emperor isn't interested in her), and Luolan could care less. Heck, even their ladies-in-waiting get fun reactions to all the sex ed .

Seems like Maomao has caught Luolan's eye, though? As much as she seems interested in anything .

An explosion? And Kouki Uchiyama, you're in this too!? Oh and the monocle guy is named Lakan. I wonder how involved he is in all this ?

Gaoshun better watch how nice he is to Maomao, he doesn't want to upset Jinshi. Even if she probably thinks it's weird how much two "eunuch's" dote and fret over her .

Lihaku! And it seems like he's keen on moving up so he can see Pairin again, boy is so down bad he just pays for time with the normal servant girls on the off chance he gets to see Pairin .

Maomao's next case! And explosion in a warehouse! And of course she has to test to make sure...and Lihaku gets set on fire. She DID warn him, after all .

Why am I not surprised that Maomao set off an explosion herself and that her grams hung her out to dry otherwise? Good job marketing your dad though .

"I'm worthy too..." what's this guys' deal? And how is it connected to the case ?

Tags
adaption, smart female protagonist