AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-07, 12:54   Link #41
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Sasuke was tormented by himself. Naruto, Gaara, Haku, even Neji to some extent, were tormented by others. Sasukes torment could have ended if he had decided to go seek some psychiatric treatment, stop being emo, take prozac and get his head screwed back on correctly. The rest however....
Sasuke was already an emo to begin with :
"Dad, my brother hate me, that's too painful"
"Mom, Dad doesn't like me ... whine whine whine"
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 13:00   Link #42
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I guess he had no self-esteem back then. Unlike now where he's got way too much. Maybe thats why Itachi killed his family, to make Sasuke more confident -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 13:06   Link #43
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Sasuke was tormented by himself. Naruto, Gaara, Haku, even Neji to some extent, were tormented by others. Sasukes torment could have ended if he had decided to go seek some psychiatric treatment, stop being emo, take prozac and get his head screwed back on correctly. The rest however....
With all that just maybe he wouldnt have whored himself to Oro and betrayed Konoha

Quote:
Anyway, I'm nominating Lee for having a screwed up childhood too. Always having to work closely with Gai-sensei, adopting his sense of style and more importantly, not being able to use chakra despite wanting to be a ninja. That's kinda screwed up and it's a miracle he finally became a shinobi in the end.
Lee had it hard even before spandex and the haircut he was a sort off oddball with him not being able to mould chakra it didnt help either . Also there was Neji
Old 2007-01-07, 13:25   Link #44
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

you're all wrong, kabuto had it the baddest. All these years oro never return his love instead going after younger boys like kimi and saskey. and now he can't do nothing but watch as saskey share his bed with oro and the two will become one body and soul.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 13:32   Link #45
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese no koma View Post
you're all wrong, kabuto had it the baddest. All these years oro never return his love instead going after younger boys like kimi and saskey. and now he can't do nothing but watch as saskey share his bed with oro and the two will become one body and soul.
Cant disagree with that Poor Kabuto I feel for him Sharing is not Caring here !!!
Old 2007-01-07, 14:15   Link #46
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Ok, this is how I look at it in terms of who had the worst child hood. Of course I’m not just going to say this person this person, that person. I will provide information as to why I think so. By the way, this is not a debate for me this should actually be a poll if you ask me, none the less you can contradict me all you like but my view wont change lol. Here we go..

Gaara (1st on my list)
Things that happened to him that are considered "bad".

1. Ever since birth, he never knew his mom and she died due to his birth.
2. The Shikaku was put in Gaara, without his consent he never had a choice.
3. He was an outcast to the village, everyone literally feared him.
4. I'm sure rocks were thrown at him plenty of times, people calling him monster and even as far as spitting at him.
5. He had no choices, he was not able to choose.
6. He had no friends no matter how badly he wanted one.
7. His own father, the Kazekage tried to have him assassinated.
8. The only person Gaara ever thought that loved him, tried to kill him.
9. Gaara killed the only person he ever loved, "Much like his mother".
10. Gaara had to live a life of insomnia, with no sleep for a fear of his mind would be eaten.
11. Gaara had to live a life of always watching his back.
12. Unlike Naruto, Gaara was not lucky enough to find some one at the age of 12 who acknowledged his existence.
13. Gaara, was alone from the start.
14. Gaara's logic's and ideologies were twisted due to everything.
15. Gaara had no real childhood, did not know the real meaning of love, except love your self, only.
16. Gaara has no real family anymore.

Things that happened to him that are considered "good" or "not so bad".
Even though we are only talking about childhood, I couldn’t think of anything "Good" that came of anything, so I'll talk about older Gaara.

1. Due to everything, Gaara became who he is today and very strong.
2. He meet his "brother and sister" Kankuro and Temari.
3. People finally accepted who he was, he meet Naruto and other people who acknowledged him.
4. He found a friend alike him self who had been through the same experiences.

All in all, Gaara had a pretty damn bad life, I really could not think of much "Good" in terms of childhood. Gaara never had any real choices, in friends, family, or life...

Naruto (2nd on my list)

1. Ever since birth, Naruto never had a family to start with.
2. Naruto was a blank slate, he could not recall "the good times" even if he wanted to.
2. The Kyubi was put in to Naruto without his consent he never had a choice.
3. He was an outcast to the village, everyone hated and feared him.
4. I'm sure rocks were thrown at him plenty of times, people calling him monster and even as far as spitting at him. I recall a line where Sandaime states, people in the past were severely punished because they "mentioned" the Kyubi. Hence I feel some patriotic Konoha resident had "outbursts" against Naruto, at one point or another.
5. He had no real choices in life, he was not able to choose.
6. He had no one who, acknowledged his power, his existence.
7. I’m sure no family in Konoha wanted to "adopt" Naruto and raise him. I pretty much think Naruto grew up with the third, if you ask me if he was forced on some Konoha family they would probably treat him like shit and beat him.
9. He has no idea who he is, for all he knows his real name is not even Uzumaki Naruto.
10. He has no history or any memory of his heritage, nothing not one clue to tell him where he is from, or his family.
11. Naruto, was alone from the start.

1. Naruto is who he is because of past events. His way of the Ninja, his iron will to make people recognize him, his existence, his power.
2. He did have some friends, Shikamaru, Chouji, Kiba. Which he cherished with his life I'm sure.
3. His attitude was always optimistic, regardless of what had happened in life, he was thankful for everything he had in life.
4. Naruto was lucky enough to find Iruka at the age of 12, and after that many other people slowly attracted to him as if Naruto was a Magnet, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Gaara, Sasuke, etc...

So if you ask me, it seems much like Sasuke Naruto had made his own bed and slept in it. As it far as it goes, this kid held on, his iron will, his attitude toward life, his way of the ninja to never give up never surrender, to be the best hokage there ever was and make every one see him for who he is and acknowledge him.

Yes, he made the best of what he had, which is something most people chose not to do, they chose to live the emo life.

Haku (3rd on my list)

1. His mom was killed in front of him by his dad.
2. His dad tried to kill him, along with the villagers.
3. He killed his dad and the villagers.
4. He was homeless, with no food for a little bit.
5. His ideologies were twisted for a bit, he grew up fast and learned how cruel the world could be.

1. At least he had some what of a child hood with his mom and dad.
2. Haku found some one who acknowledged him, his power, his existence, and had a need for him shortly after the incident (maybe a month later?)
3. Haku was happy from that point on, truly happy not just some brain defected kid.
4. Haku had a purpose in life, and an important person.
5. From that point on, till he was older who knows how he lived but I can tell you it was not as bad as he would have lived if he had not found Zabuza.
6. Cheap shot, but at least he knew who he was, his heritage, his mom, his dad. did have memories of the "Good times".

Haku's childhood was tragic, but I feel it was not so bad mainly due to the fact Haku found some one very soon after to take care of him, look after him, train him, and "make him useful".

Sasuke (Last on my list)

1. His dad gave more attention to Itachi then him when he was smaller up until a point.
2. Itachi was believed to kill the clan and his mom and dad, yes believed. It is what Sasuke believes from Itachi's words, it is not something that was ever shown as fact.
3. Mental stabilization, and ideologies were screwed up.

1. His father eventually accepted him "as his son" and told him not to follow in his brothers foot steps.
2. Part of the Uchiha clan, one of the most respected clans of Konoha.
3. Talented to the boot, although he worked his ass off and trained hard things did come to him easier due to how much of a genius he is.
4. The Sharingan.
5. Everyone, and I cant stress that enough wanted to be his friends, he shun them all. Sasuke had a choice, he was able to choose.
6. He actually has memories, unlike some "Naruto" characters who are total blank slates, who cant even recall "the good times" even if they wanted to. Sasuke can actually think back to the good times.
7. I'm sure, any and every family in Konoha wanted to "adopt" an Uchiha, I mean who in Konoha wouldn’t want to call Sasuke their son.
8. Knows his heritage, his bloodline, his clan history.
9. Had a secret scroll to help him guide his way to the Sharingan/ the mind of an Uchiha.
10. This is a cheap shot, but no matter how "bad" Itachi maybe (this has yet to be proven, if Itachi really is bad and if he really did kill the clan) Sasuke at least has a family member who is alive.
11. He is who he is today because of what happened.
12. He finally meet Naruto and Co. and finally accepted them as friends, and slowly started to change but soon enough went to hell again.

In other words, I don’t feel too bad for Sasuke, his life was bad but no where near as the 3 above him. I'm sorry but it looks like to me, he built his own emo life, with his own emo attitude. Even after the incident, he had choices. No one made him an outcast, no one shun him, everyone wanted him and loved him, he made his own bed and slept in it. He had the choice to lead a happy life even with the thoughts of growing stronger, and getting revenge.

None the less, I’m sure there are lots of other Naruto characters who's had worst childhoods then many, however I cant recall .

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-01-07 at 14:28.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 14:24   Link #47
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Lol i'm not even gonna comment on that Sasuke section....i'm filled with too much rage lol
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 14:48   Link #48
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
For the record, one of the worst things you can do to a child is to teach him something and then tear it down.

Why?

Because the whole point of having a childhood is to gain experience. They learn the rules of society that way.

It's actually the same with all animals. Once they gain a sense of order, they try to follow it. But if you take it away, they lose any sense of meaning.

For this reason...

Naruto is out. He's been 100% properly socialized.
Sasuke is out. Severe childhood trauma, but clearly failed to affect his psychological well-being.
Haku is out. Proper socialization with severe childhood trauma leading to violence until he found a father figure in Zabuza. He's the same as half the kids on the street in the gheeto.

Gaara is in. Clearly the only child introduced thus far who was socialized in one direction and then completely torn down. It's like if you were playing rock, paper, scissors with someone, and then he said he could beat your paper with rock. If you complained, he'd just kick your ass. That's Gaara's life for you.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 15:10   Link #49
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Ok, this is how I look at it in terms of who had the worst child hood.
I have to notice the you didn't take into consideration a very important fact. For Sasuke Itachi was like an idol, Itachi was not only super-talented and excellent ninja but also he was a good brother to Sasuke. Sasuke looked up on him and trusted him to the very end. It is very important that Itachi has betrayed Sasuke and not some unknown people killing his family. It was much worse for him than his family being killed by unknown ninja or a demon like kyuubi or if he was simply an orphan. And his brother didn't simply leave Sasuke alive, he made Sasuke see the killing of his family many times and with his genjutsu power he actually made sure that Sasuke cannot simply forget. To forget past things is the best cure for such wounds, however Itachi did his best to make it impossible to forget.

Then it's true that everybody looked up and wanted to be friends with Sasuke, but you have to see that like Neji he was not paying attention to that. I mean both Neji and Sasuke were suffering in their own hell, not noticing such things as girls loving them, because they didn't pay attention. So i would cancel such points from the good part.

Of course this betrayal is true also for Haku, Haku's father tried to kill him and he killed his mother. Than there is Gaara, his father cause the death of his mother and even wanted to kill Gaara.

For Haku a big positive point is all the time he spent with Zabuza, as it seems he was relatively happy. Also Naruto had the 3rd hokage looking after him, it was the 3rd who have arranged for Iruka to look after him, and then for Kakashi to be his next sensei, and of course he ordered to people no to talk about Naruto's past.

So my order on the list would be (beginning with worst) :
1, Gaara
2, Sasuke
3, Haku, Naruto
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 15:16   Link #50
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I have to notice the you didn't take into consideration a very important fact. For Sasuke Itachi was like an idol, Itachi was not only super-talented and excellent ninja but also he was a good brother to Sasuke. Sasuke looked up on him and trusted him to the very end. It is very important that Itachi has betrayed Sasuke and not some unknown people killing his family. It was much worse for him than his family being killed by unknown ninja or a demon like kyuubi or if he was simply an orphan. And his brother didn't simply leave Sasuke alive, he made Sasuke see the killing of his family many times and with his genjutsu power he actually made sure that Sasuke cannot simply forget. To forget past things is the best cure for such wounds, however Itachi did his best to make it impossible to forget.

Then it's true that everybody looked up and wanted to be friends with Sasuke, but you have to see that like Neji he was not paying attention to that. I mean both Neji and Sasuke were suffering in their own hell, not noticing such things as girls loving them, because they didn't pay attention. So i would cancel such points from the good part.

Of course this betrayal is true also for Haku, Haku's father tried to kill him and he killed his mother. Than there is Gaara, his father cause the death of his mother and even wanted to kill Gaara.

For Haku a big positive point is all the time he spent with Zabuza, as it seems he was relatively happy. Also Naruto had the 3rd hokage looking after him, it was the 3rd who have arranged for Iruka to look after him, and then for Kakashi to be his next sensei, and of course he ordered to people no to talk about Naruto's past.

So my order on the list would be (beginning with worst) :
1, Gaara
2, Sasuke
3, Haku, Naruto
Thank you!!!! dude omg it was driving me crazy what she was saying... i agree with you fully i also put Gaara at number one then Sasuke

.Sasuke pwnz world.
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 17:51   Link #51
Papaya
Sup

Uh, I dunno if the manga explained it the same as the anime, but Sasuke has always been jealous/hateful of his brother.

His clan being killed is secondary to his lust for revenge.

He's clearly NOT had that bad of a childhood. Note how he only obsesses over killing Itachi, instead of even THINKING about his parents or his clan.
Old 2007-01-07, 19:38   Link #52
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post

Shrugs, like I said, Sasuke was tormenting himself. It's not like he was alone because no one else wanted to be friends with him. It wasn't like he was alone because no one wanted to help him or understand him. He could have solved his own problems if he hadn't been so mentally screwed up, unlike the rest of the Naruto chars which actually had people actively tormenting them.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 20:29   Link #53
IVIavrick

I'm nominating Tsunade.

-Her Grandfather and Great Uncle both died before knowing her... which is on the whole not so bad, but still... so far we haven't learned about her parents because it seemed to me that she took on the motherly role with her brother.

-Her brother was killed which she blamed herself for.

-Her ideas were rejected by her teacher and leader to create a medical ninja assigned to every team.

-Her lover was killed, and she, who is supposed to have the best medical skills, could not save him.

-Her friend and team mate Orochimaru betrayed the village.

-Her team was left broken up and spread to the winds.

-She tried to absolve her failures and drown her problems with liquor and gambling.... and she failed horribly at the latter.

-She had to grow up with Jiraiya's constant perverted stares.

-She is a medical ninja AND IS AFRAID OF BLOOD...(which btw.. WTF?)

-She isn't as respected as her teacher the 3rd Hokage, Sarutobi, and doesn't get nearly as much "screen-time" as she deserves.
IVIavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 20:43   Link #54
Papaya
Sup

Half that stuff happened when she was an adult.
Old 2007-01-07, 22:10   Link #55
IVIavrick

Childhood is simply a matter of perception. Sure you can classify childhood as the moments in life before a certain age, such as 18, however, it is more logical to presume that childhood ends after a certain maturing of the mind, because there are many people out there who remain children long after they legally become adults. Some college students come to mind... There are 12 year olds who give birth, and believe you me that it is hard to feel like a child when you have a four year old at age 16(I had to do this project about teen pregnancy and nurseries..) In the Naruto world, do you think Zabuza felt as if he had a genuine "childhood" after murdering his classmates and being sent on ninja missions before the age of 12? Or Kakashi a child as a Jounin in a war at 15? (After Obito died.)

Tsunade was barely into her 20's hen the last of the tragedies I listed occured, which is gerally around the time (most) people would judge their adult life to begin. So, to me, it isn't important if they happened when she was 19 or when she was 16... her trauma was still painful enough to send her into a shock for upwards of 40 years. Enough even to make her consider Orochimaru's offer to revive her dead brother and dead lover...

(which by the way... what was she even thinking?!? She was an old woman... did she really believe she could pick up her life from where it left off, so many years ago?)
IVIavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 22:43   Link #56
Papaya
Sup

Erm, I think you can consider them adults when they're able to kill people in a mission.
Old 2007-01-08, 00:29   Link #57
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Naruto had his friends, Sasuke could have had lots if he only wanted to, Neji only lost his father and had freaked out, Haku had Zabuza pretty early in life and Gaara lived probably wealthy as a son to the Kazekage. I would've probably gone for Gaara as most others, but I think he doesnt really weigh up to my pick.

So I'll say Zaku.
No parents, living alone as and had to fight for his survival. When he finally gets picked up by someone who seems to care, it turns out he didnt really ever give a shit and threw away his life like a sacrifice. Dying in his childhood (12 = Childhood) is more sad sad then anything else, and is something only he and Haku has accomplished, and from my point of view I think Haku had a better going since he and Zabuza was really close.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 01:23   Link #58
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Come on people. its clearly Orochimaru. Whatever happened to him was so traumatic, so devastating, that it turned hm to a baby killing, grandpa stabbing, teenage boy seducing, snake face who uses and manipulates even those who are loyal to him. If you asked gaara, or naruto, or sasuke, or even haku, who are you friends or who do you love? If you asked orochimaru, hey who are your friends, what would he answer? He'd give you the finger and would try to destroy your village. But was orochimaru always this way? NO! Something happened to him that turned him into a snake face and I feel that it must be worse than gaara, sasuke, or naruto's childhood for that fact. gaara, naruto, and sasuke still retain more or less a sense of decency to some degree, they aren't animals or psychopaths. Even gaara in his crazy period was fairly sane and decent as a person. However, oro's experience made him a psychopath with no sense of decency. The most decent thing I've seen orochimaru do is ask that guy who's about to lose his body what his final request would be and even then oro's sickness comes through because he doesn't grant it. So wtf? He's so sick and twisted. Thus his experience must be the worst since he is clearly the most warped and demented of candidates mentioned before (my second place might be kakuzu. I mean really, you think he was born that way, born a little tiny screaming mass of threads? No! Somewhere, somehow, he got really really screwed up both physically and mentally to where pulling out beating hearts from a human body is something he does before his sunday lunch! He'd be more remorseful about losing a few bucks on a bad purchase than he would be about ripping out your still beating, bloody heart from your body -while you watch mind you frozen in agony and fear- and then realizing that it was inferior incomparison to the one's in his body and so tosses it away. Yeah, he'd care more about the money than your bloody and now wasted heart. Yeah, his past experience is nothing compared to being a little sad and lonely). I admit, gaara and naruto and haku have had sad lives as children, but the experience wasn't bad enough to warp them to a point of no return. But orochimaru...whoo...
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 01:27   Link #59
tatami
back in black

orochimaru was evil from the birth n_n

i really think that he ripped his mothers body just to born...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 01:49   Link #60
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Come on people. its clearly Orochimaru. Whatever happened to him was so traumatic, so devastating, that it turned hm to a baby killing, grandpa stabbing, teenage boy seducing, snake face who uses and manipulates even those who are loyal to him. If you asked gaara, or naruto, or sasuke, or even haku, who are you friends or who do you love? If you asked orochimaru, hey who are your friends, what would he answer? He'd give you the finger and would try to destroy your village. But was orochimaru always this way? NO! Something happened to him that turned him into a snake face and I feel that it must be worse than gaara, sasuke, or naruto's childhood for that fact. gaara, naruto, and sasuke still retain more or less a sense of decency to some degree, they aren't animals or psychopaths. Even gaara in his crazy period was fairly sane and decent as a person. However, oro's experience made him a psychopath with no sense of decency. The most decent thing I've seen orochimaru do is ask that guy who's about to lose his body what his final request would be and even then oro's sickness comes through because he doesn't grant it. So wtf? He's so sick and twisted. Thus his experience must be the worst since he is clearly the most warped and demented of candidates mentioned before (my second place might be kakuzu. I mean really, you think he was born that way, born a little tiny screaming mass of threads? No! Somewhere, somehow, he got really really screwed up both physically and mentally to where pulling out beating hearts from a human body is something he does before his sunday lunch! He'd be more remorseful about losing a few bucks on a bad purchase than he would be about ripping out your still beating, bloody heart from your body -while you watch mind you frozen in agony and fear- and then realizing that it was inferior incomparison to the one's in his body and so tosses it away. Yeah, he'd care more about the money than your bloody and now wasted heart. Yeah, his past experience is nothing compared to being a little sad and lonely). I admit, gaara and naruto and haku have had sad lives as children, but the experience wasn't bad enough to warp them to a point of no return. But orochimaru...whoo...
People aren't born angels, you know.
And Orochimaru's only at a "point of no return" because he's freaking 50 years old. There's no one to stop him now.