AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-01-22, 09:16   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Girls' Frontline Anticipation

A Girls' Frontline (Dolls' Frontline in Japan) anime was just announced on MICA Team's dev livestream today, adapting the game's story into a TV anime series. It'll be produced by Warner Brothers Japan and animated by Asahi Productions.

Official Website

Spoiler for Splash Image:

While the franchise does already have an anime via the Healing and Madness chapters, those were chibi-style comedy spinoffs, rather than an adaptation of the actual story like this is going to be. Excited to finally see the story animated

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2021-01-22, 12:03   Link #2
Tenzen12

Well no need to say, I am super happy about this. GF story definitely deserve proper adaptation and of course I can't wait for best girl best being best.

EDIT: But I will be super pissed if it will be another Arpeggio of Blue Steel...

EDIT2: here's the plot

Quote:
The game's story is set in an alternate timeline near-future Earth in the 2060s. The aftermath of a military accident that resulted in widespread disease, as well as the recent conclusion of careless nuclear war, has massively depopulated the planet, rendered much of the surface uninhabitable, and reduced once-great nations to shadows of their former selves. Androids used for labor and combat have become an important facet of life, and easily replicable and disposable androids known as Tactical Dolls (T-Dolls) are used by private military companies in the frontlines of numerous brushfire wars. In the game, the player takes the role of a fresh commander in a PMC, commanding T-Dolls to fight against a new AI threat.
Old 2021-01-22, 12:52   Link #3
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Question is whether we get potato male MC (this being Japan, cant have otakus identifying with a woman ) or Gentiane from the manga.

Btw, that artstyle, is that Duoyuanjun, the designer of Springfield?
Old 2021-01-22, 13:12   Link #4
Tenzen12

Yes, it's supposed be him (that said I believe that's not new picture made explicitly for anime).

Anyway I would probably prefer male commander. And by that I mean either military type of guy or some tactical genius Lelouch style. Definitely not some no personality self-insert Joe.
Old 2021-01-23, 07:15   Link #5
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yes, it's supposed be him (that said I believe that's not new picture made explicitly for anime).
Actually, those are in fact new artworks by DYJ made specifically for the anime. You can see the full versions of the arts here:

[Anime News Network] Girls' Frontline Game Gets 2021 Animation by Warner Bros. Japan

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2021-01-23, 11:41   Link #6
Tenzen12

Hmm, I was sure I saw it somewhere. OK I will take your word for it.

Anyway some new info:
-one cour
-30 min per episode
-maybe movie too.
Old 2021-01-23, 12:10   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Is the game's plot good enough to be made into anime or will this become another Kancolle & Azur Lane? If it's the latter, my expectation will be super low.

Also, if there will be a commander character, please make him proactive, smart and have a personality. I'll accept a discount Gunzou or knock-off if they're short on idea.
Old 2021-01-23, 12:35   Link #8
Tenzen12

GF is heavily story/character driven. Lot of people would compare it as combination of Metal Gear and Ghost in the Shell and even joking Kojima and Yuzhong are actually same person, which means you most likely get of headache if you really try understand everything...

It's also generally not recommended to people with faint hearth.
Old 2021-01-23, 14:37   Link #9
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Later chapters are just suffering after more suffering.
Old 2021-01-29, 21:23   Link #10
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Is the game's plot good enough to be made into anime or will this become another Kancolle & Azur Lane? If it's the latter, my expectation will be super low.
Girls Frontline is in fact heavily story-based with a more coherent story than the aforementioned titles, and in fact the story and lore is one of the game's main draws. One of the reasons people are excited for the adaptation is because it'll allow the story to be told in a more pleasant looking and digestible format instead of having to... well, play the game.

Old 2021-01-30, 07:08   Link #11
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

The other guns-as-girls series Upottte wishes it hd half the plot of Girls Frontline
Old 2021-01-31, 03:48   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Also, if there will be a commander character, please make him proactive, smart and have a personality. I'll accept a discount Gunzou or knock-off if they're short on idea.
Azur and DollFro by this point have more story than Kantai tbh
Old 2021-01-31, 04:03   Link #13
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I have high expectation for this one.. since I got way too absorbed on GFL and Honkai stories at last 2 years
Things are just getting better and better and I love AR, DEFY, and 404

I hope they have enough budget and not turning this into mere another promotional anime
Old 2021-01-31, 06:03   Link #14
Tenzen12

I wonder if we get new or reused theme songs. Some of them are quite spoilerish.
Old 2021-01-31, 06:48   Link #15
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Azur and DollFro by this point have more story than Kantai tbh
Do we get to see actual humans in the GF story, or is it just the weaponized-girls running around battling each other like in Kantai & Azur? Coz no matter how cute they are, it can get old pretty fast.
Old 2021-01-31, 07:57   Link #16
Tenzen12

Plenty of humans. Of all ages and both genders
Old 2021-01-31, 08:23   Link #17
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Hopefully they will tweak the early part of the plot, because the introduction followed by events involving HQ and AR team (first 6 chapters-ish?) was slow, disjointed and borderline boring.
Old 2021-01-31, 09:15   Link #18
Tenzen12

While first 6 chapters definitely needs tweaking, as far as story goes, I would say it's still on early FGO level and better then GBF or Arknights.
Old 2021-01-31, 09:25   Link #19
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
While first 6 chapters definitely needs tweaking, as far as story goes, I would say it's still on early FGO level and better then GBF or Arknights.
How do you even compare the plot of GBF with this?
Old 2021-01-31, 09:33   Link #20
Tenzen12

What do you mean? GBF had a plot, it may not be good and went nowhere but it existed, which itself is rarity enough for gacha games that it does deserve to be mentioned for comparison with somewhat episodic prologue of GF.

Plus you were asking how it fare in comparison with AL & Kancolle, which have no plot whatsoever thus comparing it with GBF should be even less problem.

Tags
action, gungirls