Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckme10
how can you not love this face?
Looks like a photoshop of Moot to me... This is disturbing now :/
Old 2004-07-22, 23:52   Link #62
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Out of pure boredom and maybe just a pinch of curiousity, I checked up on the Yotsubato! site today. I was rather pleasantly greated with this line: "July 21st, 2004 - Three months, three new episodes. That seems about right. Enjoy." Three brand spanking new chapters of Yotsuba goodness! I'll admit these chapters aren't quite as funny as some of the previous ones but they're off the scale in the cuteness factor. >.<;

Episode 16: "Yotsuba to Asagi" - Fun with fireworks... Ah~!
Episode 17: "Yotsuba to Furawaa" - Jumbo's amazing secret!
Episode 18: "Yotsuba to Obon" - Long live the Flower Cupid! <3
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 15:53   Link #63
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Read up to 18 in one sitting....
...its funny as heck, too bad the last 3 weren't as funny, but made up for it with uber kawaiiness. Flower cupid Yotsuba is too kawaii, almost made me forget she's a weirdo. Hehe part where she pulls out the water gun when she meets the police officer.... so awkward it was funny .
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 21:59   Link #64
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Yotsubato!

hi, there wasnt a thread on this, and this manga is pretty amusing.
its from the same author as azumanga daioh, azuma kiyohiko (i think)
its about life of a little girl named yotsuba, and its the same wacky
comedy thats in azumanga. i just got 2 volumes in korean Yay~

anyways this is a great manga, you should check it out.
the best chapter so far, Chapter 9.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-30 at 23:49. Reason: Threads merged
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 23:09   Link #65
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Um, the name of this rather large old thread is What this forum needs is more Yotsubato, but actually it's best to search for and post in the old threads.

What this forum really needs is a thread index (like the one in the fansubs forum); it's got quite a few title-specific threads in it by now and it's just going to get more unwieldy as time goes by.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 12:19   Link #66
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Um, the name of this rather large old thread is What this forum needs is more Yotsubato, but actually it's best to search for and post in the old threads.

What this forum really needs is a thread index (like the one in the fansubs forum); it's got quite a few title-specific threads in it by now and it's just going to get more unwieldy as time goes by.
o oops. i searched Yotsubato, dont know how i looked over this one.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 13:38   Link #67
Yoska
フランキー

Yotsubato is like YKK a happy and warm comic. It makes readers to forget how cruel place the world is sometimes.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 02:18   Link #68
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I truly enjoy Yotsubato, but it comes out only once every month and takes longer to be translated. >_<

I love how Asagi plays with Yotsuba...ahhh reminds me of good 'o days when cute little girls come to play with me...(oy oy!)
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 11:25   Link #69
Misha~su
~Tee hee hee~

This manga is the funniest! It's awesome how they can make an ordinary situation into something fun and adventurous.
Not only that but the characters are lovable, apart from ditzy Yotsuba there's ever responsible Fuuka who always gets the brunt of Yotsuba's weirdness. I think anyone will love this manga, its wonderful!
Misha~su is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 15:21   Link #70
RebootEDC
Kiero mi Hanime Gratix™

Send a message via MSN to RebootEDC Send a message via Yahoo to RebootEDC
Thumbs up

The problem with this manga is the description it has in some manga databases. In fact a friend of mine recommended it to me, and he gave me a link to a description of the manga. He told me "Hey man!, Azuma has a new manga", and I was pretty interested, until I read that piece of s*it of description.

But I kept on downloading the scanlations from momotato's site. And I read the first chapter... I finished crying of my very hard laughing.

It's very recomendable. A piece of cake. Even those who hated Azumanga, would really love Yotsuba's stories.

Proudly enjoying Hanime Gratix™ since 2003
RebootEDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 03:56   Link #71
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Just wanted to send this nice postcard from Yotsubato! Vol. 2 to my fellow Yotsubato! readers:

babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 13:55   Link #72
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

some sig I once made
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 22:45   Link #73
Breogan
Umeboshi

According to an update made by Momotato today, it seems Yotsubato has been licensed by ADV Comics.
Release dates are June 6th for volume 1 and Agust 1th for volume 2 (at least that's what Amazon says).
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 23:38   Link #74
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

That's not so bad. ^^
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 03:27   Link #75
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breogan
According to an update made by Momotato today, it seems Yotsubato has been licensed by ADV Comics.
Release dates are June 6th for volume 1 and Agust 1th for volume 2 (at least that's what Amazon says).
Has the page changed because at the moment I cannot see any reference to the manga being licensed?

I'll certainly be looking forward to the releases!
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 08:42   Link #76
Breogan
Umeboshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Has the page changed because at the moment I cannot see any reference to the manga being licensed?
I'll certainly be looking forward to the releases!
It's not in the main page, but in the Yotsubato! section.

Sadly, it seems he has been getting a lot of retarded mails since yesterday for dropping it, because some assholes think they are entitled to free manga even after it has been licensed.

Quote:
- December 19th, 2004 -
Maybe I'll release those four or five episodes after all. After that I'll definitely stop, but yeah, maybe...

On another note, I don't appreciate these emails saying I'm some ADV "fanboy" or whatever. I could care less about ADV but that doesn't mean I want an email from them. Nor does it mean I won't get excited when a manga I enjoy is getting a release in the US.

Also, the "you would have been done if you didn't watch all that stupid anime" line. What is this about? Watching anime takes at the most an hour and a half on the busiest day. And it takes less than ten minutes for me to cap and type a couple lines about them. So I'm sorry to disappoint you, but all that stupid anime never "delayed" Yotsubato.

I wasn't on any kind of schedule with this project. The episodes were done when I felt they read good enough to be considered done. And I didn't feel my 19 read good enough, so I kept revising it. Before I knew it, the next episode came out while I was still stuck on the previous one, and it just started piling up from there.

Translating isn't easy - that's all there is to it. That and bad luck.

- December 18th, 2004 -
According to listings on Amazon, Yotsubato has been licensed by ADV! I'm sure an official announcement will be forthcoming. Of course this means I have to pull my translations, so out they go. I'm still keeping this section up - it'll just be relegated to "typical fanpage" status.
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 10:26   Link #77
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
That's not so bad. ^^
Not so bad? Excuse me?! Did you just type "That's not so bad"? Well I gonna tell you how I really feel about this....

Spoiler:
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 01:56   Link #78
Sakuya
*Artist

Yotsubato

I was searching through the forums and found no thread for Yotsubato (how can that be?!).

Anyway, for those who have read it, I hope you can help me. I read the first few chapters of Yotsubato online and fell in love with it. And my relatives just so happens to be going to Hong Kong in several weeks and I want to ask them to help me buy Yotsubato manga. But I don't know which volume I should get in case I have already read them.

Does anyone have a chapter list? I definitely am past Volume 1, but not sure about Volume 2.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 03:49   Link #79
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yotsuba has been licensed by ADV ... the first 3 volumes are available through Amazon, Barnes&Noble, and other booksites. My books are enroute to me so I don't have a "chapter list" yet.

I didn't think I'd find anything as good as Azumanga Daioh (also manga/anime licensed) but this is happy stuff here. I'd really recommend buying it.

Further research:
Volumes 1-4 are available in Japanese over at amazon.co.jp and Barnes&Noble has ADV's english version volume 1-3 in stock.
Very oddly, ADV does not have a single mention of the Yotsuba series on their website and I have a query into their sales department about the status of volume 4.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-31 at 15:10.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 15:11   Link #80
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Perhaps if a number of people queried ADV sales about Yotsuba, we might get some info on their website or a response.

Tags
children, comedy, family, slice of life