AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 14 25.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 40.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 25.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-26, 12:22   Link #81
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Of course, they need to make sure that they get a bigger budget. Satelight can pull it off well, the problem is that they're working on Total Eclipse with a shoestring budget, and the director pissing a lot of the budget away in the first two eps didn't help any.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-26, 12:41   Link #82
dmaxzero

The shit hit the fan, and is everywhere now. Betrayal, conspiracy, deaths, blood, all that makes the human race so colorful and most likely betas soon enough to finish smearing the shit all over the place, if not, no reason to show that lab with samples.

That said, I didnt see the shit coming to the fan. As I didnt see the love coming from our girls towards our main hero. Its like fortuitous and granted, like it had to happen by no apparent reason just because.

Kamchatka has been the best this series has offered us so far.
Old 2012-11-26, 16:00   Link #83
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
WOW this episode mind raped me so good. The hijinx's and harem comedy with the back drop of tragic death and man kinds ability to inflict death and harm upon one another was executed brilliantly. The sight of so many people being killed in such a short amount of time was hard to watch, many of these people were civilians and support staff not soldiers. Its a shame what happened to Nataliee but i think after spending time with all the people there she saw another side of life and there is a way without violence too bad it was cut short.

These terrorist though i understand their plight their plan is destined to fail for so many reasons. Even they succeeded more people would die because the BETA would go unchecked. They are digging their own graves each country will now retaliate because of the slaughter. Now they have made an enemy of the whole world. When you use violence to accomplish your goals majority of people don't see your cause they only see the death and destruction you left behind hence why no one takes terrorist seriously.

Loved the episode and hopefully they can wrap this up i know viewers are concerned with the episode count dwindling but lets just see how they handle this. I dont expect any of the terrorist to make it off that base alive.
Old 2012-11-26, 20:45   Link #84
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
First thoughts really were, "thank god some plot development." Another episode of "life in Yuuya's harem" and I might have lost it.

Heck I'll take a terrorist attack over another episode of that any time. Good to see another example of humanity shooting itself in the foot. Even if these terrorists are right, is this really the time? Why do all these sides pretend that they have the luxury of dealing with anything other than the Beta? The terrorists have a grand scheme to win this bloody conflict? Long as the world they change is something nice for the beta to consume it's all good.

Oh well, right now all the main cast can do is try to get into some units. They can't do much running around against a large group that has superior firepower.
Old 2012-11-26, 21:30   Link #85
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Being “Team BETA” in this anime is suffering -_-.

Oh well, at least I get a heavy dose of action that really has “IMPACTO!” this time around. I don’t like the mecha action during the Blue Flag training simulation since they lack tension coz nobody get hurt (except for their pride).

Also, does the ED represent the ending of this anime where only the 4 protags survive? Well, I’m already prepared for the worst anyway.
Old 2012-11-26, 23:14   Link #86
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Also, does the ED represent the ending of this anime where only the 4 protags survive? Well, I’m already prepared for the worst anyway.
Its been said that TE's anime ending is an original ending and the novel game is the true ending.

Its muv luv alternative ending. Enough said about survival.
Old 2012-11-27, 00:05   Link #87
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I just had a terrible thought. In addition to the soldiers, tanks and forts, there's a goddamned Heavy Laser in those labs.

This won't end well.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-27, 00:15   Link #88
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
This won't end well.
I'll count on that.

My cute BETAs need moar screentime!
Old 2012-11-27, 01:38   Link #89
LeoXiao
思想工作

Dudes, you know those bottles they keep preserved animal specimens and such in? Those BETA are probably dead seeing as they're being stored in something similar. How else would you capture a Laser-class, wait for it to run out of power?
Old 2012-11-27, 01:50   Link #90
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I never meant for those captured BETAs to be alive again and wreaking havoc (is it even possible?). I just want to see more BETAs from whatever source they can get. I miss them .
Old 2012-11-27, 01:53   Link #91
Destined_Fate

Hmm.. About time this happened, they've been foreshadowing the terrorists for ages.

Feel bad for Chobi, guessing Natalie spoke so much because she had no choice but to participate but still had gained an attachment from her time with Tarisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I wish there was a lot more build up to this moment. I don't recall there being much at all. Hell they even had to actually point it out to us in the recap episode...
There was build up if you looked at the surroundings. The terrorists have been acting behind the scenes the entire time with characters like Inia noticing them looking suspicious. However since she's still very naive and... Young minded she didn't think much of it. They also had the whole discrimination theme going strong for awhile and how certain peoples are shafted hard in-comparison to others and talks of the Test pilots having it nice compared to the front liners. There was also the Russians sacrificing non-Russians because they needed heroes to cover up their own blunders.
Old 2012-11-27, 05:21   Link #92
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Ah, delicious, delicious terrorism.

Glad to see that even on the eve of the End of the World, we can count on at least one enemy being consistently backstabbing asshole that we can understand. And then kill.

I have to admit, Total Eclipse was, and still is, my favorite Muv Luv story. The problem with the anime is that there's only so much you can squeeze in XX number of minutes, unlike in a VN or a novel. It doesn't translate as well...particularly if you put in all the love hijinks.

Although to be fair, there's considerably less of those then I'm used to seeing. Well, yeah, Cui rants about every couple of minutes, but Yui and Cryska? Not so much. Yui's still at the "what the hell am I going to do?" stage, and Cryska was always the kind of character to me that simply does not understand how emotions work. She knows what they are, but she has never actually experienced. Which is why I liked the whole flower stand/park scene. Sure, she's feeling love, but her conversation revolves mostly around the fact she doesn't know, and when she starts, she turns to one of the few people she knows, and one who started it all. I mean, Sandek is kinda a bad choice for life counseling.

That, and it's utterly delicious to see innocent maiden being sullied by something as ugly as jealousy...ooopppsss, my inner Chaos cultist is peaking up.

I do think that the show could have used more narrative - the Blue Flag is not a "random fighting" tournament. Jesus Christ, no. It's a legitimate exercise meant to test various TSF design practices, and national tactics against each other to determine what works best. In fact, we do it in the real world. It's called Red Flag, appropriately enough. Same with Kamchatka - it was basically an attempt at seeing if XJF would work in "real" situation, alongside proven strategies and tactics. Alas, we're seeing things mostly from pilots perspective, and as we know, pilots tend to have selective memories.

But beyond that, it's what I call "Arc show" - we have a cast, the cast goes through situation X for Y period of episodes, and moves on. Kinda like Star Trek. Or Doctor Who.

And I'm perfectly fine with that. Although if we have another hotspring episode, I'll flip. But alas, you have to please the demographic.

---tl;dr section over, the episode:

Pffffft, hahahahaha, oh Natalie. It was pretty obvious that this would happen since the day I saw you. Points for trying, but no-one but named pilots we know about get plot armor.

The terrorist attack is pretty feasible. As Sandek points out, it's ridiculously well-planned, which would indicate that they most likely have help. Not in "sleeper-agent" style. I'm suspecting that someone from either states or U.N is actively funneling the flames. The fact we actually do have an Illusive Man in the opening right after the roll of known RLF operatives pretty much confirms it. That, and you don't exactly waltz in a super-secret lab hidden beneath a bloody military base without someone telling you that it's there.

Yui being awesome. What can I say? That was a creative use for useless paperwork, if there ever was one.

Next episode, I'm looking forward to some Die Hard action from Yuuya, and Cryska's Super-spetznaz skills. Pleasepleaseplease let it happen.

Before you ask, yes, I did re-watch the entire terrorist attack with "Cerberus Coup" ost as background music.
It works well. A little too well.

Last edited by Alastor Mobius Toth; 2012-11-27 at 05:35.
Old 2012-11-27, 06:10   Link #93
Gundamx

Am I the only one whoe think that it's USA who is back up the RLF?
Spoiler for Code:
Old 2012-11-27, 09:39   Link #94
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
BETA: Come to us! Embrace the peace and justice that is NOM!
For one second, one could think that the RLF is the Muv Luv equivalent of the Cult of Sirius from X Com Apocalypse.
Old 2012-11-27, 10:12   Link #95
ryan55

Question, didn't the terrorists put the tsfs on slave mode or sth? So how does anyone get on when they're basically hacked?
Old 2012-11-27, 10:28   Link #96
klare

so after 20 episodes we are told there are people out there starving and this group of rebels have planted people inside the base all along... at least this is better than the "fight for Yuuya" game

i guess they also try to recapture the glory of the first 2 episodes by having lots of censor worthy scenes, but it is just not the same without the betas
Old 2012-11-27, 12:20   Link #97
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan55 View Post
Question, didn't the terrorists put the tsfs on slave mode or sth? So how does anyone get on when they're basically hacked?
They don't. They actually want to remote control the TSFs to fight against the military.
Old 2012-11-27, 20:07   Link #98
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Total Eclipse, once again proving that humanity is the most dangerous type of enemy
Old 2012-11-27, 21:47   Link #99
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Slave mode = 1 Piloted TSF providing commands to slaved units who will operate on autopilot and pre-programmed actions.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-11-28, 02:38   Link #100
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

That explains the simultaneous shooting action from that UN Falcon and that maroon Fulcrum in the OP.

I believe in miracles.

Closed Thread