AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 21:16   Link #41
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

The graphics look great. I wonder if Bridget will be in the new Guilty Gear series. He has to, right? He was like the first very popular trap character.
Old 2013-05-19, 21:22   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Bridget/May would be like acceptable yuri right?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:26   Link #43
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Bridget plus any female would kinda be like yuri, yes.
Old 2013-05-19, 21:44   Link #44
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Uh okaaay.. no? XD
Old 2013-05-19, 22:02   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sol x Justice anyone?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 23:09   Link #46
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well naturally I'm expecting the return of every character from GGXXAC+R. Like usual it doesn't make sense to remove any characters unless you plan to replace them with a different character that plays the exact same way. So the biggest question right now is who the new additions are going to be.

Also, the song in the trailer is goddamn fantastic. That damn well better be in the game. Probably as the OP song?~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-05-19 at 23:23.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 00:10   Link #47
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Someone on GAF posted this comparison pic for Guilty Gear.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I noticed Sol's belt buckle finally says the word "Free" in it. Also, Sol's new weapon design definitely looks like a gigantic lighter... which I can live with... and is Millia rockin' that Mai outfit in the end?

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 01:41   Link #48
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Bridget plus any female would kinda be like yuri, yes.
...That would be really awkward because isn't Bridget suppose to be...

Spoiler for Just in Case:
Old 2013-05-20, 02:05   Link #49
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
If we're getting new characters, hopefully Valentine gets in.

http://i.imgur.com/lQcFAcm.jpg
I thought everyone wanted to pretend Overture was a bad dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
I noticed Sol's belt buckle finally says the word "Free" in it. Also, Sol's new weapon design definitely looks like a gigantic lighter... which I can live with... and is Millia rockin' that Mai outfit in the end?
I think he's always had that "Free" symbol and yeah the huge lighter is hilarious. How's he actually fighting with that?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 03:44   Link #50
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I thought everyone wanted to pretend Overture was a bad dream.
Unless this turns out to be some attempt to bridge Accent Core and GG2....
Old 2013-05-20, 07:01   Link #51
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

it just occurred to me... since Xrd is using 3D models for its characters, I assume that there'd be alt. costumes instead of just our usual palette swaps

so I wanna ask
what would you guys prefer: Palette swaps or Alt.Costumes?

I've already loved palette swaps cause of ASW games, but Alt.costumes may not be so bad

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:13   Link #52
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
it just occurred to me... since Xrd is using 3D models for its characters, I assume that there'd be alt. costumes instead of just our usual palette swaps

so I wanna ask

I've already loved palette swaps cause of ASW games, but Alt.costumes may not be so bad
Hmm, how about GG characters in BB costumes? (Sol in Ragna costume, Ky in Jin costume etc...)
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:40   Link #53
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Hmm, how about GG characters in BB costumes? (Sol in Ragna costume, Ky in Jin costume etc...)
I'm not so sure about that

I want an alt.costume for characters with new ones like Millia from the trailer and for characters with alternate costumes on various game illustration cg. It would be sweet if we can get Millia's old costume as an alt one

I would also like to have a Jellyfish pirate Dizzy, Dr. Baldhead Faust, Axl's costume from the first GG game

Old 2013-05-20, 07:51   Link #54
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
My expectations:
-Game won't be out until Late 2014.
-Not all of the old cast will be returning. Just the original cast (minus Kliff and Justice) plus a select few from X and XX and then the rest would be new characters. Missing characters would be added in future revisions.

Weird thing I noticed: In the trailer Sol was never shown on 2P side, nor was Ky ever shown on 1P side.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:06   Link #55
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
The graphics look great. I wonder if Bridget will be in the new Guilty Gear series. He has to, right? He was like the first very popular trap character.
I wouldn't worry too much, here's the results of the Guilty Gear popularity poll announced at the festival.

10. Slayer
9. Jam
8. May
7. Johnny
6. Chipp
5. Baiken
4. Ky
3. Dizzy
2. Sol
1. Bridget

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Well naturally I'm expecting the return of every character from GGXXAC+R. Like usual it doesn't make sense to remove any characters unless you plan to replace them with a different character that plays the exact same way. So the biggest question right now is who the new additions are going to be.
I don't expect Robo-Ky, Order Sol, Kliff, Justice etc in this game. Don't fit.. plus gotta save something for the next revision lol.

Still with everyone else plus some new characters, that's a big roster to start off with.

Quote:

so I wanna ask

Urghh I don't even know how that's a choice, alt costumes all day every day, the only reason we get stuck with color palettes for sprite based games is the amount of work to change things makes it impossible.

And I'll rather pay $5 for a new costume than new colors. Should be done SFIV style, 10 colors minimum, make the tenth color a slightly special one, like say color 1 Ky with his old haircut instead of his new ponytail.

His alt costume can be his King Ky look etc.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:09   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
My expectations:
-Game won't be out until Late 2014.
-Not all of the old cast will be returning. Just the original cast (minus Kliff and Justice) plus a select few from X and XX and then the rest would be new characters. Missing characters would be added in future revisions.
IMO, these expectations are more realistic and reasonable. I'm on board with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Weird thing I noticed: In the trailer Sol was never shown on 2P side, nor was Ky ever shown on 1P side.
Don't think there's any significance to that, really.
Old 2013-05-20, 10:06   Link #57
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't expect Robo-Ky, Order Sol, Kliff, Justice etc in this game. Don't fit.. plus gotta save something for the next revision lol.
you can't say that for sure
look at BBCP, we never actually thought that Mu-12 would return

I-no could just send these 4 characters to the present and you'd have them in the current timeline
if not, they really don't need to a story just to be in the game. They could just be characters without a story mode and be extra characters just for variation, there are a lot of players using these characters already
plus, the balancing of both Kliff and Justice on GGXXAC+R would be rendered meaningless if they don't return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Don't think there's any significance to that, really.
I think what he meant to imply was... you know how 2D sprites are just flipped when they're on the other side?
well, if it's 3D the character fully spins and we can get to see their real other half while they're at the other side

to make things clear, imagine Baiken at the left side, you'll see her left arm. But if she went to the other side, you'll get to see her broken right arc.
another example is Dizzy, the focus is on Undine on the other side, and Necro on the other

did that make any sense?

Old 2013-05-20, 10:09   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

I just don't expect them to bring the entire cast back in the first version. ArcSys are all about dem revisions...

We'll see and of course characters left out of the arcade may make their way home to the console version regardless.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 10:30   Link #59
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I think what he meant to imply was... you know how 2D sprites are just flipped when they're on the other side?
well, if it's 3D the character fully spins and we can get to see their real other half while they're at the other side

to make things clear, imagine Baiken at the left side, you'll see her left arm. But if she went to the other side, you'll get to see her broken right arc.
another example is Dizzy, the focus is on Undine on the other side, and Necro on the other

did that make any sense?
The graphics in this game appear to be very much akin to those of KOF 12 and 13 in that the character models are 3D but overlaid with 2D drawings sprites over them. That being said, the whole flip concept in 3D doesn't really apply here.
Old 2013-05-20, 10:35   Link #60
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
you can't say that for sure
look at BBCP, we never actually thought that Mu-12 would return

I-no could just send these 4 characters to the present and you'd have them in the current timeline
Assuming I-no even exists in this new game's storyline....

GG plot is so screwed up I don't even know what to make of it anymore, what with Overture supposedly being canon and all....