AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 17:19   Link #2021
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
After reading volume 11. I am afraid it's gonna be Manami. I would hate that ending 100%. It will leave me with a very very bad aftertaste after reading this great story.

If it is Manami. I would like better an open ending. Without him choosing anyone. Than rather seeing him confess to Manami. I didnt like her from the start. And in my eyes she is the devil who started the whole cold war between kirino and Kyousuke.

I am not trying to offend people who like manami but come on this was a really good novel and had a great story. With a lot of characters etc.

And the one he chooses is the plain girl?

I really gonna kill the writter if he pairs kyousuke up with Manami.
Not really though. I strongly believe that Manami is not going to win no matter what ( or else I will immediately drop this ). He make it very clear that he had no romantic feeling toward her multiple time in the course of novel. Even with his unreliable narrator style, Kirino herself had more hint of romantic feeling from him. So I'd say that Manami is out, for good.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:25   Link #2022
Gundamx

Manami = wife material
kanako = trollTrue ending
Ayase = Angel Ending
Kuroneko = threesome Girlfriends ending
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:26   Link #2023
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Not really though. I strongly believe that Manami is not going to win no matter what ( or else I will immediately drop this ). He make it very clear that he had no romantic feeling toward her multiple time in the course of novel. Even with his unreliable narrator style, Kirino herself had more hint of romantic feeling from him. So I'd say that Manami is out, for good.
Are you sure this post isn't influenced by your Kirino Team side?
(Don't get me wrong, though, because I would also hate a Manami ending.)
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:27   Link #2024
Tennedealer22

So basically, back to square one, it could be anyone at this point. IMO and TBH, it blows my mind that people give more enphasis to kyouske's love interest rather than the brother/sister bond that was damaged and now being renewed
Tennedealer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:27   Link #2025
VTP-DDM

It could still be anyone. "If it's now or three years ago, my answer is still the same" could imply that the person he loves now is the same person he loved three years ago, but it could also just be a coincidence that, just like three years ago, there is somebody he loves. Considering he's met and grown close to about three girls in that time, the person he likes now could easily be a different person.

I also agree with relentlessflames' reasoning. If you apply the former interpretation to that line, then it can only be Kirino. Kyousuke has already said he has no romantic feelings for Manami, way back near the start of the series when he and Akagi talked about it and nothing has happened between then and now to change his mind. Moreover, Manami has been a peripheral figure in these novels for a long time and I find it unlikely that the author will suddenly make her the "winner" when he has spent such a long time building up Kuroneko and Ayase as love interests. In the meantime, some things have happened between him and Kirino before and after he went out with Kuroneko that could have resurrected some old feelings, assuming they existed.

I was unsure about who I think will be the one Kyousuke will confess to before Volume 11 and am still just as unsure after it. The battlelines have been drawn, so to speak, but right up to the this point we still have no clue what Kyousuke's intentions are other than to be the one to take the initiative. In my eyes, the only one who it certainly won't be is Manami (and Kanako, but I think that much is already obvious). While that would be unexpected, it would just be a total anti climax and an unsatisfactory end to the series.

Quote:
So basically, back to square one, it could be anyone at this point. IMO and TBH, it blows my mind that people give more enphasis to kyouske's love interest rather than the brother/sister bond that was damaged and now being renewed
That's because the ending in Volume 11 has placed more emphasis on romance - Kyousuke plans to confess, Kirino is planning to do something significant and Manami, Kuroneko, Ayase and even Kanako have all announced their intention to not only date Kyousuke, but to also prevent him and Kirino from becoming more than "normal siblings". Volume 12's selling point is practically "who will Kyousuke choose?".

There is, of course, intrigue over how Kyousuke and Kirino will finally bury the hatchet, but even that could tie in with the romance.
VTP-DDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:48   Link #2026
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
As I just said above, how do you "know" this? I don't think that was actually said in the novel.

This is the epilogue from volume 11 (which I suppose would be the sort of prologue to volume 12, but it's not in volume 12).

The other thing I would say regarding the whole "there's someone I'm already in love with" thing is to keep in mind that he did accept Kuroneko's confession over the course of this story and claimed to be in love with her. So it makes no sense for him to have been "always in love with Manami" and still have dated and fallen in love with Kuroneko. There was absolutely no barrier or reason why he couldn't have rejected her if he were still having the same feelings this whole time. So the whole "in love with the same person then and now" theory doesn't work if you apply it to Manami. The only person it could possibly apply to is Kirino, because she gave him permission to date Kuroneko. But, again, there's nothing to say that he was in love with the same person both then and now, and using that logic to say he's always loved Manami is illogical.

(And again, this isn't because I hate the character or would be opposed to scenarios where he may fall in love with her... it just doesn't fit the evidence on hand.)
Well true and I think it gave me a little bit of assurance.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:53   Link #2027
Tennedealer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTP-DDM View Post
It could still be anyone. "If it's now or three years ago, my answer is still the same" could imply that the person he loves now is the same person he loved three years ago, but it could also just be a coincidence that, just like three years ago, there is somebody he loves. Considering he's met and grown close to about three girls in that time, the person he likes now could easily be a different person.

I also agree with relentlessflames' reasoning. If you apply the former interpretation to that line, then it can only be Kirino. Kyousuke has already said he has no romantic feelings for Manami, way back near the start of the series when he and Akagi talked about it and nothing has happened between then and now to change his mind. Moreover, Manami has been a peripheral figure in these novels for a long time and I find it unlikely that the author will suddenly make her the "winner" when he has spent such a long time building up Kuroneko and Ayase as love interests. In the meantime, some things have happened between him and Kirino before and after he went out with Kuroneko that could have resurrected some old feelings, assuming they existed.

I was unsure about who I think will be the one Kyousuke will confess to before Volume 11 and am still just as unsure after it. The battlelines have been drawn, so to speak, but right up to the this point we still have no clue what Kyousuke's intentions are other than to be the one to take the initiative. In my eyes, the only one who it certainly won't be is Manami (and Kanako, but I think that much is already obvious). While that would be unexpected, it would just be a total anti climax and an unsatisfactory end to the series.

That's because the ending in Volume 11 has placed more emphasis on romance - Kyousuke plans to confess, Kirino is planning to do something significant and Manami, Kuroneko, Ayase and even Kanako have all announced their intention to not only date Kyousuke, but to also prevent him and Kirino from becoming more than "normal siblings". Volume 12's selling point is practically "who will Kyousuke choose?".

There is, of course, intrigue over how Kyousuke and Kirino will finally bury the hatchet, but even that could tie in with the romance.
True, but what i meant was that this show was about/fixing his relationship with his sister, even if more emphasis was giving to a love interest...hence the title
Old 2013-06-05, 18:33   Link #2028
GDB

Quoting from the general discussion thread, but:

Quote:
A new interview was posted today on AkibaBlog (warning: ads are very NSFW).

One interesting point they mentioned was that they were originally thinking they'd only get 15 episodes for this anime, but after some discussion/pushing from the original author, they got it pushed to 16 episodes. And they had also noticed that, as they arranged the story, Ayase's scenes were tending to get minimized/pushed, so the author had floated the idea that they cut it even more (to keep the flow of the story)... but the producers didn't like that. So instead, the author wrote the script for Episode 2. It's a sort of compensation for the fact that some of her scenes got cut/minimized later on.

They also talk a bit about the way the last three episodes will be released as a global simulcast, which is something they seem pretty excited about. They were impressed with all the responses they got to their call-out to International fans on the radio show, and so wanted to make this an event for fans the world over. No details about timing... but I am starting to think that maybe they will try to batch all three into a single event. We'll see.

They also say that they weren't specifically trying in advance to synchronize the timing of the novels and the anime, but it sort of so-happened to work out that way due to the good timing. They say that even they had decided right away to work on the second season, they would have waited until volume 10 anyway, so the timing worked out.

(Incidentally, there was nothing about the novel in this interview -- they're saving that for the next one.)
If the author was that willing to completely gut Ayase's scenes, can anyone really think she has that much of a chance of "winning" now?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:35   Link #2029
chaosprophet

So only 1-2 days before people get their hands on the last volume and we get at least very short summaries of it about what yhappens and how it ends.

Sorry for a quoting a post from so many pages ago but I just now catch up with this thread.
Quote:
I'm not talking about marry. I'm talking about the fact that desprite knowing that her feeling is not normal, she still unable to get rid of it.
I wonder if the part back on volume 1 is supposed to be some kind of parallel regarding the feelings she has for Kyousuke. How Kirino understands it's not normal for a girl to have the hobbies she have, it's not normal and in this case even illegal for a someone her age to own and play eroge. She also understands that isn't seen in good eyes by society. But even then she can't help the fact that she does like it. Just switch eroge and other otaku hobbies there with having feelings for a sibling.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:55   Link #2030
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jung View Post
Are you sure this post isn't influenced by your Kirino Team side?
(Don't get me wrong, though, because I would also hate a Manami ending.)
It's impossible to totally avoid personal bias, but I tried to make me sound as logical as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
So only 1-2 days before people get their hands on the last volume and we get at least very short summaries of it about what yhappens and how it ends.

Sorry for a quoting a post from so many pages ago but I just now catch up with this thread.

I wonder if the part back on volume 1 is supposed to be some kind of parallel regarding the feelings she has for Kyousuke. How Kirino understands it's not normal for a girl to have the hobbies she have, it's not normal and in this case even illegal for a someone her age to own and play eroge. She also understands that isn't seen in good eyes by society. But even then she can't help the fact that she does like it. Just switch eroge and other otaku hobbies there with having feelings for a sibling.
You got a point.....
But isn't at the beginning, all she wanted is Kyousuke's attention?
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 19:10   Link #2031
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennedealer22 View Post
Hey man I'm right there with you on that but the LNs turned into a pseudo harem and shippers are all at the ready to defend their favorite.

The sibling relationship dynamic is what got me so hooked in the first place, seeing them find that right balance as cliche siblings again is my end game for the story. I hate how so much focus has been placed on Kyousuke's love-life even if you assume that Kirino has always had these inappropriate feelings towards him and everyone around them is doing what it is they are doing to make sure their dear friends remain normal siblings and not some couple in an eroge. I feel like that is where it's headed leaving the question of who Kyousuke really loves up in the air throws out the possibility he loves Kirino "in that way" back, however I don't really see it, the writing has always been so tongue and cheek with the inner thoughts of Kyousuke's beautiful imouto that it would seem strange at this point to be where it ends up. Welp we shall find out soon enough.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 20:05   Link #2032
chaosprophet

Quote:
You got a point.....
But isn't at the beginning, all she wanted is Kyousuke's attention?
I mean more in a meta way, not really that Kirino herself was saying that for Kyousuke with that intention.
Old 2013-06-05, 22:04   Link #2033
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Quoting from the general discussion thread, but:

If the author was that willing to completely gut Ayase's scenes, can anyone really think she has that much of a chance of "winning" now?

You have a point. TT_____TT
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 22:11   Link #2034
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I also personally hope it won't be Manami end, even after I understand why she did what she did. But to be fair Manami always like Kyousuke from 5 years ago, probably more, and becomes his voice of reason, stopping him to be the hot-blooded annoying past self. Kyousuke at that time was very annoying and do all his butting-in just for praise, but Manami's words were too effective making him completely change his characteristic during the cold war.

From most view point, Manami sure is playing a villain, last boss role. But since Kyousuke and Kirino are true siblings and incest is out of the table, Manami's brutal honesty to Kirino years ago, as harsh it was, but it was necessary. Just like Kuroneko's plan to reconcile the siblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Can't say I'm not disappointed with this, basically say there's no chance for Ayase end. But as much I like Ayase, I never hoped much for Ayase end in the first place, pretty satisfied enough with her route on both PSP games

Thank you producer and director for giving Ayase more screen times <3
Old 2013-06-05, 22:11   Link #2035
shironeko8

Well, everyone's pretty much hyped up with the last novel coming out. 1 day to go.
I think it pretty much boils down Kirino, Kuroneko and Ayase, but then again, anything can still happen. And my body is still not yet ready. lol.

You guys think the anime will end accurately with the novel? I mean yeah, they said they'll cover "most" of the remaining volumes, but "most" doesn't always mean "all". I'd always like to think they'll end the novel and the anime slightly differently.
Old 2013-06-05, 22:18   Link #2036
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by shironeko8 View Post
Well, everyone's pretty much hyped up with the last novel coming out. 1 day to go.
I think it pretty much boils down Kirino, Kuroneko and Ayase, but then again, anything can still happen. And my body is still not yet ready. lol.

You guys think the anime will end accurately with the novel? I mean yeah, they said they'll cover "most" of the remaining volumes, but "most" doesn't always mean "all". I'd always like to think they'll end the novel and the anime slightly differently.
2 different ends might appease a few more people... but I don't know it would seem strange. If they want to make alternate OVAs some day why not but I think just keep the story the way it is supposed to be at this point.

They can gauge the reaction from the LN end though and if it raises hellfire maybe they'll make a change.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 22:29   Link #2037
shironeko8

Hmm. Got a point. Well, i guess we'll just have to wait, as always. XD
Well, as long as everything turns out alright and everyone's happy, I'll be satisfied with that.
But, still hoping for a Kuroneko end ofcourse. :3
Old 2013-06-05, 22:45   Link #2038
Tennedealer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shironeko8 View Post

Well, im not sure about covering most of them, but since the anime has eaten *large chunks* of content of the LN, I would assume that they'll leave some parts that are irrelevent to the progression of the story. Now about the end, your guess is as good as mine xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
Hey man I'm right there with you on that but the LNs turned into a pseudo harem and shippers are all at the ready to defend their favorite.

The sibling relationship dynamic is what got me so hooked in the first place, seeing them find that right balance as cliche siblings again is my end game for the story. I hate how so much focus has been placed on Kyousuke's love-life even if you assume that Kirino has always had these inappropriate feelings towards him and everyone around them is doing what it is they are doing to make sure their dear friends remain normal siblings and not some couple in an eroge. I feel like that is where it's headed leaving the question of who Kyousuke really loves up in the air throws out the possibility he loves Kirino "in that way" back, however I don't really see it, the writing has always been so tongue and cheek with the inner thoughts of Kyousuke's beautiful imouto that it would seem strange at this point to be where it ends up. Welp we shall find out soon enough.
^This, completly agree with you dude

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-06-05 at 22:54. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Old 2013-06-05, 23:10   Link #2039
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
A new interview was posted today on AkibaBlog (warning: ads are very NSFW).

One interesting point they mentioned was that they were originally thinking they'd only get 15 episodes for this anime, but after some discussion/pushing from the original author, they got it pushed to 16 episodes. And they had also noticed that, as they arranged the story, Ayase's scenes were tending to get minimized/pushed, so the author had floated the idea that they cut it even more (to keep the flow of the story)... but the producers didn't like that. So instead, the author wrote the script for Episode 2. It's a sort of compensation for the fact that some of her scenes got cut/minimized later on.

They also talk a bit about the way the last three episodes will be released as a global simulcast, which is something they seem pretty excited about. They were impressed with all the responses they got to their call-out to International fans on the radio show, and so wanted to make this an event for fans the world over. No details about timing... but I am starting to think that maybe they will try to batch all three into a single event. We'll see.

They also say that they weren't specifically trying in advance to synchronize the timing of the novels and the anime, but it sort of so-happened to work out that way due to the good timing. They say that even they had decided right away to work on the second season, they would have waited until volume 10 anyway, so the timing worked out.

(Incidentally, there was nothing about the novel in this interview -- they're saving that for the next one.)
Just admit it. You want to talk about the prophecy and fortune telling.

Images
Kyousuke: Well, Kirino, I...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-06-05 at 23:32.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 00:11   Link #2040
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post

Honestly, the thing that has mainly got me into this series was the comedy, I have gotten more laughs out of this series then most series in recent memory. The siblings relationship has meant more to me than any other relationship in this series though, mainly because they are both such interesting characters and the way they interact has always what stood out the most in the series.

His relationship with Kuroneko was certainly interesting and Kyousuke probably has the most complex relationship with her besides Kirino, but they are not on the same level. As Brother and Sister those two go back for like 15 years and all of the history and feelings that the two show throughout those 15 years are what make them so interesting characters. As for Kyousuke loving Kirino in that way, I just can't see that ending coming around, I have voiced that opinion before, but as you said we will just have to wait and see.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings