AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-27, 12:07   Link #81
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Eyes spiraling out of their sockets would freak the daylights out of anyone...can't blame Sugar
Old 2014-03-27, 12:40   Link #82
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
In any other series the chances of death might be that high, but in One piece, the chances of character death is skewed a lot lower.
After Marineford that's no longer the case, and for important characters it will be unavoidable if it serves a major purpose, just like Ace and Whitebeard deaths.
Old 2014-03-27, 12:49   Link #83
unameit

Oda done well in creating the hatred towards arlong and doflamingo with the backstory..

In another note, pretty much half of the strawhats crew went down already rather too easily despite their 2 years hard training.. However, it's still acceptable on how usopp, robin, and franky went down.. Can't say the same with sanji tho, on the brink of death and not even a fight...

Nice to see luffy, zoro and my fav cute chopper still undefeated
Old 2014-03-27, 13:00   Link #84
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
I've always thought usopp's long ranged attacks would have worked well on sugar since she needs to come in close proximity in order to touch her victims.
If anything, I just wanted to see a bit of the fight between usopp and sugar/trebol. It's a shame that he was beaten off-panel. And this fight was probably the biggest turning point in this arc
Yeah, I thought his long range would play a factor or at least give Trebol some trouble. Guess that only shows how far away he is from his dad's skill.
Old 2014-03-27, 15:09   Link #85
yakumo-chan

chopper should have stayed in the island and learns about kuros backstory..
remember what Dr. Hiluluk said??

"A man dies when he is forgotten"

thats epic!!

My theory on how Sugar was defeated

- The answer was because of her devil fruit.

Why?

-Kids dont like creepy things
Old 2014-03-27, 15:34   Link #86
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
IMHO there is no hint at all suggesting that she didn't made a contract with Robin.
Since the power is likely dispelled now, it won't really matter, but I think Sugar won't do the same mistake she did with Kyros again and therefore contracted Robin like everyone else.
That depends though... we still don't know if Sugar is able to remember about the people she turns into toys herself. If not, then the chances are very high that Sugar failed to make a contract, because Sugar did not touch Robin directly:

Robin turned into toy, while being far away -> Sugar doesn't know that Robin was just turned into a toy, because there is no one nearby and she also forgot Robin's DF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Right after he got run over by the sea train, he said that he wanted to make a ship that sailed to the end of the world. So see, Franky is no exception to the rule.
And what does that have to do with "joining Luffy's crew and leaving the island"? Absolutely nothing. Seem more like an indication that he instead stays on the island and starts working together with Iceburg again, while 'merely' being one of the builders of the Sunny.
Old 2014-03-27, 18:23   Link #87
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Old 2014-03-27, 19:46   Link #88
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

^LOL ROFLMAO, dem Enelfaces

Nice one! Was that on some image board/blog, or did you make that yourself?

BTW I see 2 Ussops. And is that Perona "inside" Ussop (wow what an innuendo! or just Titans?)? Or is it Robin? Or someone else? It's hard to see.
Old 2014-03-27, 21:36   Link #89
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
That's messed up.
Old 2014-03-27, 21:36   Link #90
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
And what does that have to do with "joining Luffy's crew and leaving the island"? Absolutely nothing. Seem more like an indication that he instead stays on the island and starts working together with Iceburg again, while 'merely' being one of the builders of the Sunny.

My point was that it showed he had a dream that wasn't restricted to his home island (which can't be said for Rebecca), but if you want to interpret that in a different way, then whatever. I feel I've argued this point long enough....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

No Perona and Sugar?
Old 2014-03-28, 00:32   Link #91
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Shirahoshi and Rebecca should become besties in the "Facing Villains Who Killed Our Mothers Club".
Old 2014-03-28, 06:23   Link #92
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
There's no definite rule about new potential crewmembers. Rebecca's dream is family. Toy Soldier is her family and she wants to live with him the rest of her life.

But I know how's this going to end. I'm a 90% sure Kyros isn't coming back alive of this, unfortunately
Maybe he will die together with rebecca, just like the steadfast tin soldier story
Old 2014-03-28, 08:14   Link #93
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
Maybe he will die together with rebecca, just like the steadfast tin soldier story
Yep, this is the most likely outcome. But by the time it happens Rebecca will have likely become the flames.
Old 2014-03-28, 09:07   Link #94
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Awesome chapter, and I can't help but be impressed with Sabo - he's been fighting one of Blackbeard's strongest for how long now and still doesn't seem to have a scratch. I wonder what he's been doing all these years. Though Burgess is about to destroy the damn colosseum with his attacks, he might need to stop him.
Old 2014-03-28, 14:58   Link #95
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Awesome chapter, and I can't help but be impressed with Sabo - he's been fighting one of Blackbeard's strongest for how long now and still doesn't seem to have a scratch. I wonder what he's been doing all these years. Though Burgess is about to destroy the damn colosseum with his attacks, he might need to stop him.

Actually, Sabo seemed to be pleased with seeing the colosseum break apart, which somewhat puzzled Burgess.
Old 2014-03-28, 15:11   Link #96
Homura7

Because that's Sabo's intention, to destroy the Colosseum and put an end to this nonsensical and stupid bloodshed people come to watch only for entertainment. Afterall, the revolutionaries came to Dressrosa por something, right?
Old 2014-03-29, 04:45   Link #97
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

reread the chapter and realised that Luffy will have plenty of (pirate) followers after this arc is over
and Cavendish chance to become a new nakama just rise again, especially since he settled his difference with Luffy

and why the dwarves are still calling usopp as usoland?
I thought in the last chapter Usopp alreadly reveal his identity to him
Kinda disappointed, if only the dwarves cheering "USOPP USOPP" instead of Usoland...
It would be awesome
Old 2014-03-29, 06:18   Link #98
Diablerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
reread the chapter and realised that Luffy will have plenty of (pirate) followers after this arc is over
and Cavendish chance to become a new nakama just rise again, especially since he settled his difference with Luffy
Would be really cool if some of these characters joined the Straw-Hat/Heart alliance. I could see Barto and his crew allying for sure, and maybe Cavendish too, if only because I doubt Oda would introduce Hakuba, only to never show him again. Could see Bellamy joining Bart's crew as well, not to mention some of the pirate-gladiators.
Old 2014-03-29, 09:13   Link #99
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Actually, Sabo seemed to be pleased with seeing the colosseum break apart, which somewhat puzzled Burgess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Because that's Sabo's intention, to destroy the Colosseum and put an end to this nonsensical and stupid bloodshed people come to watch only for entertainment. Afterall, the revolutionaries came to Dressrosa por something, right?
Yeah, that makes more sense - he's probably dodging all of Burgess' attacks on purpose.
Old 2014-03-29, 21:00   Link #100
Diablerie

Quote:
Pretty sure he knows all the toy-people are down there too, we saw Hack calling the Revolutionaries via Den Den Mushi when he got dropped down there.
Closed Thread