Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 13:34   Link #101
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
btw, would it be possible to alter ate the brainwaves to stop the helmet reading them and disconnect ?
No it's not.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 06:41   Link #102
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Looking forward to how the Murder case is adapted. Seeing most Anime Only viewers won't know whose the suspect, could make for an interesting CSI style episode.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 07:38   Link #103
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
Ye, I know what u mean XD but seriously it happens all the time that ppl in hospital catch serious infections or diseases. It's simply impossible to make a room 100 percent clean

But I also think that it would be rather nonesense to include things like RL diseases as this would just drag the story on without adding anything to the plot
Hospitals are actually the worst place to be if you want to avoid disease, since it's where sick people gather.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 10:50   Link #104
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Hospitals are actually the worst place to be if you want to avoid disease, since it's where sick people gather.
But then again SAO victims will be put in special/single rooms; at least I don't see them sharing a room with a couple of other patients. Not coming in contact with other patients = low chances of contracting a disease.
Old 2012-07-31, 10:15   Link #105
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I wondered, what's Kirito's agenda for going solo for so long? In the beginning, he had a valid reason; to gain EXP before the resources of the surrounding area. But now, he's at a high ass level. I mean, he probably DOESN'T need party members at the moment since(I'm guessing) his current abilities are equivalent to the head groups' members, whether those members are larger factions like the Holy Dragon Alliance, or a small 2~5 person team(I would gather the smaller the group, the higher potential they could have in comparison to Kirito). But at this point, the same reasoning he had from the beginning wouldnt' make sense, given that he is one of the strongest people in the game. So is he just a loner? If his ultimate goal is to survive, wouldn't having more allies be more beneficial than fighting alone? Even he, himself said that fighting alone takes more time than with a group(or something to that effect), so how is he so much stronger than everyone else(or as strong as the lead players)?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 13:25   Link #106
Awrya
U mad?

After episode 2 he was branded as a 'beater', someone who went to higher floors in the beta and refuses to share the information. Players wouldn't want to party with him, due to his 'selfishness'. So with no options of partying with other players he can only become solo.
Even the mid-players from Titan's Hand know about beater, so it is safe to assume the whole population knows and despises them.
Old 2012-07-31, 13:42   Link #107
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I wondered, what's Kirito's agenda for going solo for so long? In the beginning, he had a valid reason; to gain EXP before the resources of the surrounding area. But now, he's at a high ass level. I mean, he probably DOESN'T need party members at the moment since(I'm guessing) his current abilities are equivalent to the head groups' members, whether those members are larger factions like the Holy Dragon Alliance, or a small 2~5 person team(I would gather the smaller the group, the higher potential they could have in comparison to Kirito). But at this point, the same reasoning he had from the beginning wouldnt' make sense, given that he is one of the strongest people in the game. So is he just a loner? If his ultimate goal is to survive, wouldn't having more allies be more beneficial than fighting alone? Even he, himself said that fighting alone takes more time than with a group(or something to that effect), so how is he so much stronger than everyone else(or as strong as the lead players)?
What's the first thing Kirito does when he logs into the game? Stand around chatting, trying to find a party to play with? Buy some new equipment? No. It's to head towards the gate and start leveling up. He only helps Klein out because Klein recognized that he was moving like someone already familiar with the game and grabbed him.

After Kayaba's tutorial, Kirito's willing to take Klein along, but that's it -- when Klein tells him about the Fuurinkazan, he's like, "Nope, sorry, can't take responsibility for other people."

When he shows up tot he big meetup before the First Floor Boss Battle, he's all alone and doesn't have anyone to team up with.

After the battle, he's able to say, "Screw you guys, I'm a Beater," because it doesn't cost him anything -- he's going to be alone anyway, so he might as well be alone for a good reason.

Kirito's pretty clearly a loner who has difficulty working with others. He eventually breaks down and joins the Black Cats, but his screw-ups there just reinforce his attitude -- he doesn't want the responsibility of looking after other people. It's only after Sachi's letter that he starts to change.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 05:16   Link #108
Esebian

Preview for Ep 5 is out (unsubbed ofc ^^ ) Judging from what I see [mod edit: removed LN-based speculation; this is an anime viewer only thread]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-01 at 11:03.
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 08:33   Link #109
Awrya
U mad?

[mod edit: removed comment that was based on novel-driven speculation]
The murder weapon looks better than most swords

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-01 at 11:03.
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 09:01   Link #110
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The murder weapon looks better than most swords
I thought so aswell, it looks quite awesome and I wouldn't mind to have it as a sword

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-01 at 11:04. Reason: edit quoted post
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 13:43   Link #111
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
But then again SAO victims will be put in special/single rooms; at least I don't see them sharing a room with a couple of other patients. Not coming in contact with other patients = low chances of contracting a disease.
As a doctor I'm afraid to say that medical staff are actually the ones spreading infection from patient to patient. Think about it, the patient should not come in contact with another one. But we are the ones forced to go from room to room which is why if you don't see your doctor or nurse wash his or her hands, TELL THEM! Some of the most antibiotic resistant organisms are found in health care centers(hospitals, nursing homes).

And it's not uncommon to have patients with feeding tubes and attached to ventilator machines for extended periods of time, sometimes even years! So what's happening in Sword Art Online is definitely plausible, especially since this is supposed to take place 10 years or more in the future. While infection and bed sores are always a constant threat I'm sure the real world medical teams are the ones handling all that. But given that most of the players are young and healthy it would take a lot for them to succumb to illness if they're already under constant medical care. Their brains however would be functioning fine. But man are the survivors going to need a lot of physical therapy and rehab once they wake up!
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 20:37   Link #112
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:

Preview for Ep 5 is out (unsubbed ofc ^^ ) Judging from what I see [mod edit: removed LN-based speculation; this is an anime viewer only thread]
Awesome. Asuna's back in action! About time!
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 08:31   Link #113
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The art seems a bit different from what I remember from episode 2 .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 10:18   Link #114
Rakshasa

Quote:

かつて俺とパーティを組んだアスナ、
Asuna, the girl I once made a party with,

攻略組のトップギルド結盟【けつめい】した負担長。
is the leader in charge of the top Kouryaku-kumi (guide writing group) guild.

しかしゲーム使命方略燃える、彼女とそのソロプレヤーとして戦いながらをSAOで生活を楽しもうとしている 俺の考えては噛み合わない。
But, a girl who burns for her mission don't seem to me to mesh well with me, who wants to have fun living in SAO while fighting as a solo-player.

そんな中で、俺たちはある事件相扶する。
In that situation, we became embroiled in a case where we had to help each other.

それは不可能はずな町なか刷新。
It was in a town that shouldn't be possible that we reformed ourselves.

Last edited by Rakshasa; 2012-08-03 at 13:25.
Rakshasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 11:12   Link #115
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Thanks for the translations! I've always wondered what these previews were saying.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 10:33   Link #116
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

What'll happen if there was an internet connection error in SAO?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 10:57   Link #117
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
They will die.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 12:11   Link #118
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
That is probably the saddest way to die
Old 2012-08-04, 12:31   Link #119
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Literal death by lag. That would suck.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 19:38   Link #120
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ok, I have a theory a thought on who might be the murderer in episode 5.

Spoiler for Theory:

That's what I think Feel free to question or correct me on anything.