Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-08, 22:50   Link #3701
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
For some reason, I thought what you wrote looks very close to your writing after Winners round 1 of 2009. Deja vu?
Really? Perhaps thing really haven't changed so much from 2009 after all.

For those interested, here is my current ranking of the characters:

Spoiler for Post-Elimination 2 Rankings:

As I said previously, I think Misaka and Taiga may be too low in my ranking. It's possible both are over Hinagiku and maybe even Shana. Yui is kind of just a best guess for now since her match with Mio was unreliable. Going strictly be the numbers, Yuki is below Haruhi but I wouldn't expect Haruhi to win in a direct match up.
Old 2010-09-08, 22:54   Link #3702
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
What? I know a guy (Eisdrache) from Switzerland who votes in ISML.
he might be the only guy from Switzerland who votes in ISML, and he must have missed today's match.
Old 2010-09-08, 22:54   Link #3703
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Um...so the character you rank at #1 is who you think will win ISML, or is that based purely on stats?
Old 2010-09-08, 22:59   Link #3704
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam1638 View Post
he might be the only guy from Switzerland who votes in ISML, and he must have missed today's match.
Hmm...I'm pretty sure I was the one who reminded him to vote.
Old 2010-09-08, 23:01   Link #3705
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Though one wonders if his ip address is Swiss or from one of the surrounding countries.

I'm more curious how there are votes from North Korea...I thought they had self restricted themselves from the internet or something.
Old 2010-09-08, 23:01   Link #3706
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I've had a couple of people message me today asking how to vote. Indeed, DE is an attraction.

As for getting around 'restrictions' - it's well known that Chinese players for MMOs buy overseas IPs to get around duration laws for games. Perhaps they do a similar thing for general use in North Korea?
Old 2010-09-09, 00:41   Link #3707
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Um...so the character you rank at #1 is who you think will win ISML, or is that based purely on stats?
Purely on stats. Normally the top ranked character would also be the character most likely to win. However, Azusa can lose to Mio despite being able to defeat other characters that could defeat Mio so Azusa won't necessarily win if she keeps running into Mio. Also one character being ranked over another just means the higher ranked one is more likely to win. It's not even close to a lock unless the characters are like 10 ranks apart or something.
Old 2010-09-09, 01:11   Link #3708
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I've had a couple of people message me today asking how to vote. Indeed, DE is an attraction.

As for getting around 'restrictions' - it's well known that Chinese players for MMOs buy overseas IPs to get around duration laws for games. Perhaps they do a similar thing for general use in North Korea?
I think that if that were to be the case, then the ip address country code would fall under the country from which the ip is originally located, not the location of the computer connection itself. So if a China IP was bought, then the vote would fall under the China code.
Old 2010-09-09, 01:24   Link #3709
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
My bad, Switzerland should've been colored with the rest of Western Europe. North Korea is included with "Asia" no matter if it received votes or not. Because it's sectioned off by two other regions, it stands out. But it will always receive the same color as India/Vietnam/Iran/etc...
Old 2010-09-09, 01:29   Link #3710
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Azusa beating Hina makes me so very happy , now if only she could beat Mio somehow... . On other matches Nayuki was was close to Ayu at least and Kanata beat Rio by a mile, and I just laughed at vote size in the 'trap' match xD. Mugi beating Ritsu not too surprising. And Yamada vs Yamada will be a tough choice for me as I rather like both of them. And Minagi is probably screwed by facing Nōmi Kudryavka, but I will support Minagi none the less .
MAL
Old 2010-09-09, 05:17   Link #3711
zette

Azusa beating Hinagiku was an unexpected but pleasant surprise. I was skeptical about TRE ranking Azusa in second place in his stats after the Ruby and Diamond periods, but it seems that he was right all along. I'm definitely looking forward to Mio vs. Azusa in the next round of the Winner's Bracket.
Old 2010-09-09, 05:24   Link #3712
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Way to go Azu-nyan, take revenge for your sempai. LOL Hideyoshi complete domination
Old 2010-09-09, 07:00   Link #3713
Sphire

Wow, good to see Mikoto be the only one so far to break my predictions. Would've sworn Taiga was stronger, at least before Diamond 7. Mikoto's win over Yuki then sorta brought hope that with a larger voting pool, she'll actually be able to challenge the top tier. Still I thought a Shana-backed Taiga could still beat Mikoto. She did beat Mio in Ruby 7. I'm seeing the truth in TRE's stats and that perhaps Taiga's lost is another indication of Shana's waning strength. Then again she hasn't needed to be all that strong so far in DE.

As for Hina vs Azusa, well one had to lose. Being defending champ is really gonna go against Hina. However now that Azusa is through, I'd really hate to see her get slaughtered by Mio. She should do better than Yui managed, but I'd hate to see her lose big. I'd wonder if she could recover from a blow like that (I predict she won't be able to, at least if she gets slaughtered)

Too bad voting numbers were slightly down from day 1. Roughly 1000 voter difference could've really affected the close matches. I expect it to go down further with the loser's bracket though.

Also, yeeeeeaaaaahhhh Hideyoshi FTW.
Old 2010-09-09, 07:30   Link #3714
hinakatbklyn

If Hina had beaten Azusa, I likely would of abstained between Hina and Mio. Now that the matchup is Mio and Azusa, I will most likely go with Mio. However my attention that day will be solely on Mikoto and Shana.
Old 2010-09-09, 08:34   Link #3715
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Nooooooo. How did Azusa beat Hina T.T I really hope that it wasn't because Azusa really is stronger than Hina.. (ie, strategic voting, etc)
Old 2010-09-09, 08:47   Link #3716
RJ TAYLER

Hideyoshi The TOP of The TRAPS for 'TEN!
Old 2010-09-09, 08:49   Link #3717
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Too bad voting numbers were slightly down from day 1. Roughly 1000 voter difference could've really affected the close matches. I expect it to go down further with the loser's bracket though.
I'd say probably factor of weekday instead of weekend voting, I'd expect similar numbers again during sunday's round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Nooooooo. How did Azusa beat Hina T.T I really hope that it wasn't because Azusa really is stronger than Hina.. (ie, strategic voting, etc)
Hard to say since Azusa has been becoming a much stronger force since K-ON!! started, and their previous match was before it had started airing.
MAL
Old 2010-09-09, 09:03   Link #3718
hinakatbklyn

If voter turnout is determined by who is in the match and when the match is held, I have a feeling that there would be a record number of votes if Shana/Mikoto & Mio/Azusa's match was held on the weekend (more than the preliminary round matches) rather than the following week.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-09-09 at 09:36.
Old 2010-09-09, 10:09   Link #3719
Mayama12811

ARENA 01: [Senjōgahara Hitagi] Saber
ARENA 02: [Sanzen'in Nagi] Sengoku Nadeko
ARENA 03: Hirasawa Yui [Fujibayashi Kyō]
ARENA 04: [Sakagami Tomoyo] Hiiragi Kagami
ARENA 05: [Chidori Kaname] Teletha Testarossa
ARENA 06: [Yamada Aoi] Yamada
ARENA 07: Hayama Nayu [Abstained] Kushinada Nemuru
ARENA 08: [Nōmi Kudryavka] Tōno Minagi
ARENA 09: [Nishizawa Ayumu] Segawa Izumi
ARENA 10: [Ryūgū Rena] Suiseiseki