Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-16, 20:59   Link #1041
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
I gonna say while i like takeru design and background and feel he is a better mc than playmaker and can possible easy steal his spotlight i must say:

He is so far a big proof about how things in this serie are really going terrible, because how the hell a "tal and adult like "youngself suddenly get small and look more "teeny" after go to the town???? how the hell he goes from this:
Spoiler:

to this:
Spoiler:

something really bad happened here, it's feel like they used a different animation team for his flashback and don't given then any storyboard or draw of the character to let that team do whatever they want. because no matter how i look they look like 2 totally different characters, one tal and more mature and another more "teeny".

he in the past look more "tal and old even tham kusanagi, that is really weird, he is totally out of proportions" compared with his currently self.
It's most likely the different hairstyle and use of contact lens in the flashback and glasses now with a different hairstyle to throw people off who he is since his VRAINS self is close to his true self in design. I like his flashback designs better than his current design.
Old 2018-05-16, 21:22   Link #1042
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's most likely the different hairstyle and use of contact lens in the flashback and glasses now with a different hairstyle to throw people off who he is since his VRAINS self is close to his true self in design. I like his flashback designs better than his current design.
yeah i do also like more his past look than his new, but it's really weird how he look much more "old" and tal in the past, it's like he get some "plastic surgery" to make him look more young and small.
Old 2018-05-23, 16:49   Link #1043
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Woah, there are many interesting things this episode. It's not an all-out duel and I like it.

It's strange to see Blood Shepherd actually has some level of caring towards Emma coz the moment they reveal the relationship between BS & GG in the first episode of Season 2, I had this not-so-serious/fleeting picture in my head that BS is not just a simple jerk to Emma (at least in my headcanon at that moment). So, it's kind of a pleasant surprise that my fleeting fantasy is actually made real in the anime.

And kudos to BS for taking advantage of AI which are usually the info-spouting machines during duels by making his spout false info. He tricked both PM & the audience, bravo.

All in all, I like how Emma, Akira, Aoi & BS got explored in this episode. Story-wise, this entire episode belongs to the Zaizen-party & BS.
Old 2018-05-24, 22:19   Link #1044
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

And kudos to BS for taking advantage of AI which are usually the info-spouting machines during duels by making his spout false info. He tricked both PM & the audience, bravo.
Isn't that considered cheating? For dueling, the players relied on the other side stating correct info about the cards on the field. Now, PM doesn't have that luxury.
Old 2018-05-25, 00:33   Link #1045
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Isn't that considered cheating? For dueling, the players relied on the other side stating correct info about the cards on the field. Now, PM doesn't have that luxury.
The rules is quite murky, isn't it? I think that's why each player has their own AIs. In a more casual duel, each AI will feed info to its master about the opponent's cards which are up on the field. The AI doesn't have to talk either. You can see this being practiced with how BA reading her opponent's card via her duel disk in one of the past episodes. Maybe PM would've been better off dueling with standard AI in this case instead, since Ai doesn't really feed PM much info about the opponent's cards. Instead, Ai relied on the opponent's AI to tell the card description out loud (which, in this case, turns out to be false).
Old 2018-05-25, 17:41   Link #1046
rladls2121

Makes me wonder who is more underhanded and merciless, Specter or Blood Shepard?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 11:24   Link #1047
alex_drian

Blue Girl > Blue Angel
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 03:04   Link #1048
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Nice to see Ghost Girl back in action though. <3
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 11:01   Link #1049
InfinityDragonGod

So Playmaker can also use Fusion.

Glad to see the other summons. Hoping to see Synchro, XYZ, and Pendulum soon
Old 2018-05-30, 12:57   Link #1050
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityDragonGod View Post
So Playmaker can also use Fusion.

Glad to see the other summons. Hoping to see Synchro, XYZ, and Pendulum soon
yeah, it's looks like playmaker will pull a yuya and will do all the 6 (link, fusion, xyz, synchro, ritual and pendulun)

really that new "arc" look infinitely superior tham the previous garbage trainwreck, if we could just forget all the crap happened in the past and act like it never happened then this serie really looks like starting to get good, all we need now is hope to not get another "recap simulator" and they don't stat to pull again recaps on each every 7 to 8 episodes, if this don't happen then that serie can still have a salvation ofcourse if not the disaster in the beginner don't repeat again here.

Really looks like the crap which happened in the begining forced the "company to open they pockets to give more "budget" to the anime studio for them to finally pull something "enjoyable.

I really liking the new "blue girl" tham the blue angel, if she decide to keep that look and forget her "blue angel past" it could be much more cool and they stop to make her be pathetic ofcourse or at last give a "proper damsel in distress" role, to be honest i would prefer a "very well done damsel in distress/cheerleader role/model" tham a halfassed "badas main heroine they tried to pull in the beginning with her, which make her look pathic as both badass and damsel in distress and being a horrible trying hard and fail epic character.

Another problem which i'm still have with this serie is playmaker partner AI, him being the "comic relief" is really get bad, it's really start to look too "forced" to the level of make a AI ultra dumb, he was supposed to be "smart" but AI just displey a horrible level of dumbness, even for a "pretend to be human", he looks like that ultra generic dumb friend which you have in some parody just to have somoene so dumb which is the only way to keep things funny, if you take it away you are risking take away the comedy, all others series where the mc had a "partner" "ghost" most of them or where serious or at last not that forced idiocity, AI idiocity is really something which get me annoyed and i really feel like playmaker when he say "shut up' i would love if someone could find a way to "turn off" his mouth, or something like that, while is important to make the AI look human, by doing "human things" make him look like a patheric dumb is not exactly the "best solution" specially since he still a machine which was supoosed to be a smart support for playmaker but most of the times it's feel which he not really giving any help and is just the "annoying comic relief and nothing more, even the fire one while is also fun at last look more usefull tham AI.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-05-30 at 17:13.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 18:07   Link #1051
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I like how Playmaker's Link monsters provide utility for both Ritual and Fusion summoning.

That being said... I did not quite catch what is so special about Cynet Fusion. It uses materials from both his hand and field... Which is the same effect as Polymerization.

Maybe Cynet Fusion has some other effect that hasn't come into play yet. Like how Cynet Ritual has a second effect that can be activated while it's in the graveyard.

I'm assuming the fusion materials for Cyberse Clock Dragon are 3 Cyberse monsters.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 00:13   Link #1052
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
yeah, it's looks like playmaker will pull a yuya and will do all the 6 (link, fusion, xyz, synchro, ritual and pendulun)

really that new "arc" look infinitely superior tham the previous garbage trainwreck, if we could just forget all the crap happened in the past and act like it never happened then this serie really looks like starting to get good, all we need now is hope to not get another "recap simulator" and they don't stat to pull again recaps on each every 7 to 8 episodes, if this don't happen then that serie can still have a salvation ofcourse if not the disaster in the beginner don't repeat again here.

Really looks like the crap which happened in the begining forced the "company to open they pockets to give more "budget" to the anime studio for them to finally pull something "enjoyable.

I really liking the new "blue girl" tham the blue angel, if she decide to keep that look and forget her "blue angel past" it could be much more cool and they stop to make her be pathetic ofcourse or at last give a "proper damsel in distress" role, to be honest i would prefer a "very well done damsel in distress/cheerleader role/model" tham a halfassed "badas main heroine they tried to pull in the beginning with her, which make her look pathic as both badass and damsel in distress and being a horrible trying hard and fail epic character.

Another problem which i'm still have with this serie is playmaker partner AI, him being the "comic relief" is really get bad, it's really start to look too "forced" to the level of make a AI ultra dumb, he was supposed to be "smart" but AI just displey a horrible level of dumbness, even for a "pretend to be human", he looks like that ultra generic dumb friend which you have in some parody just to have somoene so dumb which is the only way to keep things funny, if you take it away you are risking take away the comedy, all others series where the mc had a "partner" "ghost" most of them or where serious or at last not that forced idiocity, AI idiocity is really something which get me annoyed and i really feel like playmaker when he say "shut up' i would love if someone could find a way to "turn off" his mouth, or something like that, while is important to make the AI look human, by doing "human things" make him look like a patheric dumb is not exactly the "best solution" specially since he still a machine which was supoosed to be a smart support for playmaker but most of the times it's feel which he not really giving any help and is just the "annoying comic relief and nothing more, even the fire one while is also fun at last look more usefull tham AI.
if we talking about the ignis way. i think the wind one which should appear next week will be funny one but i hope not too funny like AI
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 00:15   Link #1053
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

They showcased the fallacy of AI driving cars in this episode. I really wonder if we will ever have that turn into widespread reality. It does seem a bit scary, not having complete control, or a built in manual fail safe.

As far as the duel went, I'm glad to see Playmaker use other summoning methods. That Fusion is really good in the Link Era. Even a 2-3k boost can easily end games in our world.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 16:34   Link #1054
rladls2121

"Other summoning methods", well Playmaker isn't the pioneer of Link Summoning.
The fusion monster is more stronger as you use Link monsters with more Links.
Currently, in Duel Links the Fusion Summon is not easy because i use only Polymerization and that loses like three cards from your hand.
Fusion Recycling Plant isn't enough for me.
Cynet Fusion, Yusaku that's so unfair, I don't have that kind of card.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 05:53   Link #1055
Azurial

I thought this episode might be boring but when play maker use fusion summon i was like AHHHHHHH DAMN!! Hype asf XD and the Yuugo joke from AI and when he say "Who decide my info is accurate" feel like i've seen this somewhere............XD
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 13:19   Link #1056
HtwoN

Wait, Blue Angel changed to Blue Girl in the OP. Does this mean Aoi will keep the Blue Girl avatar?
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-02, 13:27   Link #1057
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Wait, Blue Angel changed to Blue Girl in the OP. Does this mean Aoi will keep the Blue Girl avatar?
I really hope so, after the embarrasemtn/shame she had as blue angel is much better she get a new persona and she really look much more cool on that look than the "idol blue angel look, well ghost girl somehow get a change too since she is no long wearing a mouth mask.
Old 2018-06-03, 12:08   Link #1058
tuckersister

Blue Girl is for Aoi's undercover use.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 12:14   Link #1059
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

I wonder when Aoi is using her Blue Girl avatar would she use a different archetype compared to Trickstars when she duels?
Old 2018-06-03, 12:18   Link #1060
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
I wonder when Aoi is using her Blue Girl avatar would she use a different archetype compared to Trickstars when she duels?
Sky Striker Ace incoming?
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
card game, yu-gi-oh! series