AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 25 36.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 43.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 11.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-18, 07:34   Link #61
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Erm you meant Matsuri right? I cant see how mana ever going to scratch her.
Yep, i meany Matsuri Bloody typos...

I fully expect a bittersweet ending at best, tragic at worst. And i certainly don't expect for every one to live trough the day to tell the tale. We are 2 episodes away from the ending, and i am sitting in the dark ... which is something that seldom happens. *starts to gnaw on keyboard*
Old 2007-06-18, 08:36   Link #62
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for 11:

Last edited by arkxkra; 2007-06-18 at 08:46. Reason: edit
Old 2007-06-18, 08:47   Link #63
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-18, 09:30   Link #64
Cyber_chaotic
I recommend Souske!!!

O.....M....G!

10/10
Spoiler:

very touching ep..... T_T-b

^^
Old 2007-06-18, 10:45   Link #65
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_chaotic View Post
O.....M....G!

10/10
Spoiler:

very touching ep..... T_T-b

^^
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-18, 11:19   Link #66
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Haha ~ I love how people are in denial.
Let's see,

Matsuri has the sword.
Since she asked Takeshi how to use it we can presume she doesn't know anything more about it then we do; namely, the sword nullifies Yaka powers. Since it requires training to use, apparently, we can presume she's not just going to hand it to Aono.

Matsuri has the following options:
She can stab herself, but that's not going to happen, I mean can't she stab herself in private, what would be the point to have Aono or Yorito there.

She can stab Yorito ~ but then what would be the point ~ he's pretty resilient, at that pace Aono would die at the same time. Why be cruel and not put her out of her misery in advance for Yorito's. But there's also another more simple reason. Why stab Yorito facing Aono.

And the last option. Stab Aono. This is probably the only option which would call for a face off.
In my opinion Matsuri wants to kill Aono to break some sort of curse. Remember Aono was a sacrifice to the gods. She's late for her meeting I would think. I hope we FINNALY get to hear the thing that she's been sobbing about. I know everyone is thinking of her as a some bucket of joy but from all her lines all I get is: "I did something bad, so now I have to be extra nice to the world." I call bets on Matsuri being some old childhood friend of Aono who backstabed her somehow ~ maybe she was the sacrifice originally..

Well, to me Matsuri's latest development doesn't look at all out of character. I mean remember when they both went primal-mode, Matsuri's face showed anger while Aono's showed sadness.

The thing I really love about this episode is that we finally get some solid proof that Aono's fears and reckless behaviour in earlier episodes when concerning Matsuri-events were justified ~ and she's not demon plotting behind people's backs! HA!

---

One more thing, what is this Happy Ending you all speak of ~ do you people understand they are ghosts, actually ghosts of the material world, phantoms, or perhaps closer to zombies. The "happy ending" is the triple suicide theory were they all go to heaven to eat cake T_T Actually for your happy ending Mana and Kayori would either need to commit suicide and either go to heaven to join them, presuming earlier theory, or become yaka's themselves and live in trashcans watching the sky for the rest of eternity.

I can accept any ending accept a ending were mystery phenomenon is revealed and everyone uses some plot dues ex machina to become human or some cruel ending in happy ending clothing.
Old 2007-06-18, 11:47   Link #67
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
In my opinion Matsuri wants to kill Aono to break some sort of curse. Remember Aono was a sacrifice to the gods. She's late for her meeting I would think.
As tempting as this sounds, i am not sure whether it fits. Matsuri was a yaka before the whole incident, and Aono doesn't seem to be under any curse (being a yaka with severe brother complex aside). Even if this is the case, we still have the problem that Yorito has agreed to the plan (whatever it might be). And i have trouble seeing him agree to anything that would involve sacrificing either of the girls ... unless he has had a sudden stroke of enlightenment and figured out that death is the best way out for all of them. But in that case, why bring up the whole moving away business ? (Unless it is meant to erase the last evidence that either of them ever existed in the city).

Quote:
One more thing, what is this Happy Ending you all speak of ~ do you people understand they are ghosts, actually ghosts of the material world, phantoms, or perhaps closer to zombies. The "happy ending" is the triple suicide theory were they all go to heaven to eat cake T_T Actually for your happy ending Mana and Kayori would either need to commit suicide and either go to heaven to join them, presuming earlier theory, or become yaka's themselves and live in trashcans watching the sky for the rest of eternity.
I will agree with you here - the setting as it is now doesn't allow for a happy end (mmmm...cake...maybe it does *cough*) without the use of some heavy duty deus ex machine... and i rather have my tragic ending instead of Mai HiME.
Old 2007-06-18, 14:14   Link #68
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
i rather have my tragic ending instead of Mai HiME.
i 100% agree.
Old 2007-06-18, 14:59   Link #69
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Matsuri was a yaka before the whole incident,
Think about it, do we really know that much ~ I mean we never got what the order was for the flash backs, for all we know Aono was a yaka already by then

Quote:
and i rather have my tragic ending instead of Mai HiME.
//Seconded
Old 2007-06-18, 15:06   Link #70
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Think about it, do we really know that much ~ I mean we never got what the order was for the flash backs, for all we know Aono was a yaka already by then
But we got that flashback where Yorito and Aono were sitting in front of the cave and talking, meaning that Aono was not a Yaka yet ... and Yorito was alive for obvious reasons
Old 2007-06-18, 15:46   Link #71
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Just watched it...

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2007-06-18, 15:59   Link #72
Boukenxha

IIRC Mayuko never once talked to Yorito nor Aono. The only person she is close to other than Takeshi is Matsuri. So I believe out Of the 3 people involved, only Matsuri's sacrifice will make her concern enough to want to step in and stop her. That's why she left, because she knows Matsuri is dead serious and she can't persuade her otherwise. Secondly, she can't bear to watch it any further. However the interesting thing I've just realised is that Mayuko's feelings could set herself up for a surprising return. What are the chances of her reappearing just in time to put a stop to Matsuri's crazy plan? I think it's 50-50.

I've also thought over the reason why Yorito would agree to Matsuri's sacrifice.

Spoiler for speculation:

Ok, now here's a piece of speculation I thought of. Just be warned that after I read through it a few times, I think it isn't good. The ending is unsatisfying and anti-climatic. I guess there's really no way that a happy ending can fit is there? Moreover, it does not link back to Yorito's promise to show Matsuri the blue sky. And oh some of my ideas are similar to what johnishida posted.

Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2007-06-18, 16:58   Link #73
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Just watched it...

Spoiler for Episode 11:
That's the most logical guess yet. Because somehow I don't see Matsuri will be able to kill Aono.
Old 2007-06-18, 17:09   Link #74
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Just watched it...

Spoiler for Episode 11:
This is a nice speculation and seems quite possible, if not for one thing - why would Yorito suggest moving to another city if he knows that both he and Matsuri are going to die and Aono would lose her memory ?

... i figure i will just sit and wait for the next ep - there seems to be something in the way of any speculation i can cook up
Old 2007-06-18, 17:36   Link #75
Nemesis2124

I think it does still work though. Even if she loses her memory, it wouldn't erase her feelings regarding the original Yorito, and she could very well just kill herself again. Something else would still need to be done for her, and that may have to do with why they're leaving town.

EDIT: Has anyone noticed on the official site, that Aono seems to have another outfit that we haven't seen? As far as I know, all the ones they've shown on there have been used at some point in the show. And while that doesn't 100% indicate anything, my suspicions are raising more and more that the upcoming confrontation won't end with her death.

Last edited by Nemesis2124; 2007-06-18 at 18:26.
Old 2007-06-18, 19:11   Link #76
Icerack

Spoiler for myhime:
Old 2007-06-18, 20:02   Link #77
Nemesis2124

@Icecrack

Indeed, and many consider it to be the epitome of poorly implemented Deus ex machina. Though, at least it wasn't entirely out of league with the mood of the show.

Sola however, has maintained it's seriousness throughout thus far and it'd be the most mind boggling thing ever if it did something similar. That's not to say a happy ending is entirely out of the question, but it probably won't be one of convenience if it happens.
Old 2007-06-18, 21:33   Link #78
arkxkra
全力全開

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Spoiler:
2more episode to go, cant wait tis last 2 episode....but i wonder wat the story of the 2 hidden episode in last DVD... =.="

Last edited by arkxkra; 2007-06-18 at 21:40. Reason: edit
Old 2007-06-18, 23:55   Link #79
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis2124 View Post
Sola however, has maintained it's seriousness throughout thus far and it'd be the most mind boggling thing ever if it did something similar. That's not to say a happy ending is entirely out of the question, but it probably won't be one of convenience if it happens.
I am all for a happy ending (especially for Matsuri ), but if they do pull one off it better be done in a believable way, not via some last minute deus ex machine. Heck, let it be a Deus ex machine, but one that fits in to the whole mood and theme of the story and doesn't seem like something random (like one show that has been mentioned already *cough*), not a happy end for the sake of having one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra
2more episode to go, cant wait tis last 2 episode....but i wonder wat the story of the 2 hidden episode in last DVD... =.="
My bet would be on:

1) some Matsuri-Yorito-Aono background ... something they couldn't show in the series due to the revelation-heavy nature of the stuff. (And i doubt they have enough time left to show it in the series).

2) Takeshi-Mayuko flashback... possibly showing how Takeshi/Mayuko traveled across the land in their journeys, how Takeshi obtained that sword of his etc...

*cough* 3) - onsen ep! *cough*
Old 2007-06-19, 01:12   Link #80
Nemesis2124

I may be remembering wrong, but I think someone mentioned official information about the two additional episodes at some point. Sounded like one was going to simply be the characters doing their daily thing, while the other episode seemed to be something of a secret. A "blast to the past" type episode is certainly possible, but depending on how 13 ends, we may be in for something a bit more out there.
Closed Thread