AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-01, 16:27   Link #721
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
The original has all 6 of them. It was just a mistake.

金蔵(Kinzo)、源次(Genji)、紗音(Shannon)、嘉音(Kanon)、郷田(Gohda )、熊沢(Kumasawa)の6人は死亡している!
Old 2008-12-02, 01:19   Link #722
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Regarding magic/Beato sightings, I think it's been proposed before that when this occurs, someone is lying. I'm thinking though that instead maybe what's observed depends on whether the person in question believes in magic, and that the "rule" of Umineko is that if such a person is present, then the situation will be presented from an anti-mystery perspective.

People who believe in magic are: Kinzo, Maria, and the (non-Gohda) servants, as far as I know.

It may be a matter of which one outnumbers the other, as I remember a big deal was made out of "wolves and the sheep" earlier on. If you think of "magic believers" as "wolves", then it makes sense: when wolves are equal or greater in number to sheep, the situation becomes anti-mystery.

Examples: (from ep. 2) fixing the candy, Musou-Rosa, fake Kanon, and (from ep. 3) fixing the rose.

If I'm right about that, then it's a pretty handy thing to keep in mind when thinking about what you can and can't trust. Although maybe everyone knows this already?
Old 2008-12-02, 17:28   Link #723
Larrave

Hello i just recognized something which however doesnt might be so interesting at all.However maybe for someone it is=). When the chess board is shown in the game it always shows the one specific position.This position occured during the WC 1972 in Reykjavik.Spassky was white against Fischer black(for those interestend in chess those names should be very well known).Spassky lead before that match with 2 against 1 points.However the position shows White last move (Qc2) which looses with black to move(Fischer saw it).Instead going one further back(from Qd3 to Qb1 instead of Qc2) it would have somehow held the position. Here is a link if someone want to see the full game: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1044723
I am not sure if it has any specific meaning in the game.
Old 2008-12-02, 17:58   Link #724
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
I noticed that, but I just assumed it was a background image and didn't put much thought into it. It's interesting that you think it might have some clue. Perhaps it is in someway linked to how Battler and Beato's game will go? That'd be interesting, though probably hard to do.
Old 2008-12-03, 03:08   Link #725
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

By the way, it was confirmed that Kinzo is dead, but was it shown or stated that he was killed along with the other 5? There's no reason to exclude that the body in the furnace could be fake just because Kinzo is also known to be dead.

Also, if Rosa had encountered a Beato in the past, I don't think she would have reacted entirely the same way in ep. 2, would she? Either there are more parameters that differ between games than in Higurashi by far (or at least they reach much further back in time), or the Beato she saw in ep. 2 possibly didn't look exactly like the one she ran into in the hidden mansion.

That means either she didn't see Beato in ep. 2, or the one she saw was different. Maria wouldn't know, of course.
Old 2008-12-03, 12:18   Link #726
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Also, if Rosa had encountered a Beato in the past, I don't think she would have reacted entirely the same way in ep. 2, would she? Either there are more parameters that differ between games than in Higurashi by far (or at least they reach much further back in time), or the Beato she saw in ep. 2 possibly didn't look exactly like the one she ran into in the hidden mansion.

That means either she didn't see Beato in ep. 2, or the one she saw was different. Maria wouldn't know, of course.
Spoiler for ep3 first half:
Old 2008-12-03, 13:20   Link #727
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe

NEEEEEEWS

EP4´S NAME WAS REVEALED!!!! ALLIANCE OF THE GOLDEN WITCH!!!

I HAVE SEEN THE PORTRAIT IN THE OFFICIL PAGE.... BECAUSE IT IS AS A WALLPAPER FOR SOME INFORMATION, IT CANT BE SEEN VERY WELL.

IN THE PORTRAIT APPEARS BEATRICE IN A NEW STYLE OF DRAWING WITH A BATTLER THAT LOOKS LIKE IN THE MANGA, IN A SIDE IS RONOVE AND THE SEVEN SISTERS ARE USED PROMINENTLY.... if some computer genius here can get the complete image, i would be gratefull.....!!!!

EDIT: NEW OPENING TOOOOOOO!!!!!!! XDXDXDXDXDXD
-Thoughts from the op: Maria is the culprit.... XD

Last edited by Goose Boy; 2008-12-03 at 13:27. Reason: MORE NEWS
Old 2008-12-03, 13:36   Link #728
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose Boy View Post
NEEEEEEWS

EP4´S NAME WAS REVEALED!!!! ALLIANCE OF THE GOLDEN WITCH!!!

I HAVE SEEN THE PORTRAIT IN THE OFFICIL PAGE.... BECAUSE IT IS AS A WALLPAPER FOR SOME INFORMATION, IT CANT BE SEEN VERY WELL.

IN THE PORTRAIT APPEARS BEATRICE IN A NEW STYLE OF DRAWING WITH A BATTLER THAT LOOKS LIKE IN THE MANGA, IN A SIDE IS RONOVE AND THE SEVEN SISTERS ARE USED PROMINENTLY.... if some computer genius here can get the complete image, i would be gratefull.....!!!!

EDIT: NEW OPENING TOOOOOOO!!!!!!! XDXDXDXDXDXD
-Thoughts from the op: Maria is the culprit.... XD
A thread for Alliance of the Golden Witch was created about a week ago.

Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep.4 Alliance of the golden witch
Old 2008-12-03, 17:41   Link #729
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Ah, so you're saying it was repressed. That makes sense, although I'm having trouble following the last thing you said, so could you elaborate a tad?
Old 2008-12-03, 21:31   Link #730
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Ah, so you're saying it was repressed. That makes sense, although I'm having trouble following the last thing you said, so could you elaborate a tad?
Old 2008-12-04, 14:33   Link #731
Keriaku
Thought Being

Well I've been trying to spread the word (been rereading the Umineko series while showing it to my parents ), but if you guys ever do start to accept donations, do let me know!

As for speculation...

Spoiler for Half of EP3 Spoilers:
Old 2008-12-04, 17:38   Link #732
Cola91

Sooooooooo I would like to start by thanking all of the Witch Hunt group for your patch since I really got to like umineko a lot and I'm kinda obsessioned by it lately ^^.

Well since I'm here I would like to share my thoughts about the first half of EP3.

Spoiler for theory:spoiler for EP3 first half:

I hope it was clear enough since English is not my first language (I'm italian :P) and that at least the first part of the theory doesn't look stupid XD
Old 2008-12-04, 18:08   Link #733
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola91 View Post
Spoiler for Rosa and Beatrice:
Old 2008-12-04, 18:42   Link #734
Cola91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Spoiler for Rosa and Beatrice:
Spoiler for Beatrice:
Old 2008-12-04, 20:32   Link #735
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-04, 20:50   Link #736
Rika_Chama

Quote:

srry, just correcting you on something small. Probably wont matter if you're anti-fantasy and I dont think she said it in red either way
Old 2008-12-04, 21:17   Link #737
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~

Quote:
Sooooooooo I would like to start by thanking all of the Witch Hunt group for your patch since I really got to like umineko a lot and I'm kinda obsessioned by it lately ^^.

Well since I'm here I would like to share my thoughts about the first half of EP3.

I hope it was clear enough since English is not my first language (I'm italian :P) and that at least the first part of the theory doesn't look stupid XD
Well, this is just what I got from the translation of ep 3 (episode 2 thread is going to die pretty soon), so correct me if I'm wrong (with no spoilers for the latter half of ep 3, of course. I don't like spoilers).

Spoiler for your theory:
Old 2008-12-04, 22:01   Link #738
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

my current theory-

Spoiler:

Anyways, that's just my take so far.
Spoiler:

About Eva----
Spoiler:

OH YEAH

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-04, 22:12   Link #739
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Everybody thinks Kinzo's a creepy bastard XD

He really has a pure love for her, but has been driven to the edge of his sanity because of the situation of his life (Children are irresponsible and greedy, his grandchildren aren't living life to the degree Kinzo finds aimable and worst of all the woman he has loved has been taken away from him, maybe more than once) We know he's not senile or oblivious (He probably knows what's happening with his children).

We don't have enough information, for now.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-12-04, 22:19   Link #740
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
Well I've been trying to spread the word (been rereading the Umineko series while showing it to my parents ), but if you guys ever do start to accept donations, do let me know!

As for speculation...

Spoiler for Half of EP3 Spoilers:

On Rosa and Maria:
Spoiler:

Finally, this game has made me realise that I have "moe" feelings for Natsuhi ^^;. Her way of acting is just oddly endearing to me.
Spoiler:

Still..... I still find her oddly cute .....
Closed Thread