AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 16:10   Link #81
Secca
nya`
*Artist

There is really nothing wrong just keeping it like this since it's an early stage. But I think it should have more info or something, since there are blogs out there that doing similiar like this. Something to make this different from those blogs. Just my thought.

Also I worry about this.

Last edited by Secca; 2009-12-07 at 18:22.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 20:45   Link #82
Slice of Life
eyewitness

A wiki is a collection of web pages controlled by a certain software to allow easy editing of the content and collaborative work on it. Wikipedia is an example for a wiki (the most famous one). Our wiki.animesuki is another wiki. Wikipedia's rules do not apply to wiki.animesuki.

As for further content, my stance on any "You should ..." is "NO." My opinion on any "I'd like to do ..." is "Go for it." At least as long GHDpro gives his blessing. Just don't overload the upcoming anime pages itself with information, or worse, placeholders for information no-one enters.
Old 2009-12-08, 02:32   Link #83
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Ahh my bad. Since it has Wiki in it, I thought it was part of the Wikipedia. So basically we can do anything as long within the Animesuki rules?
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 07:44   Link #84
Slice of Life
eyewitness

In principle? Yes. Any significant change from what we do now should be discussed in this thread first, however.
Old 2009-12-10, 04:47   Link #85
brocko

Pretty cool project, didn't even know of it till now

Maybe there should be a link to the wiki from the forums and the main site? I don't think there's one on the forums yet (dunno bout the main site though).

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 14:07   Link #86
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

New Chartfag is out:

http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/...0-cfexport.jpg

I'll try to enter Senko, and the two (!) Noitamina shows, Yojo-han and House of Five Leaves, in the next couple of days.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 10:50   Link #87
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I worked hard to get that image for Senko by taking a screenshot of the page after playing the intro Flash video. Then I see it's the default image on both ANN and AniDB!

I really wanted to capture the stopwatch at the beginning of the second promo, but damned Brightcove obfuscation makes it so hard to grab things, even using get-flash-videos.

(I wonder if that young lady with the flower and the beauty mark is the team's official seductress. I'd probably be willing to exchange a few secrets for the opportunity to sleep with her.)

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2010-02-11 at 11:05.
Old 2010-02-11, 10:56   Link #88
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Isn't Senko 13 episodes?
Old 2010-02-11, 11:08   Link #89
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I looked in a couple of obvious places and didn't see the program length. I can't read Japanese so if it's on the official site, I wouldn't know it.

Of course, since it's a wiki, you're welcome to add anything you know about this, Cats!
Old 2010-02-11, 11:35   Link #90
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Of course, since it's a wiki, you're welcome to add anything you know about this, Cats!
I know that, but I'm not sure of it you see, hence why I asked. MyAnimeList had it listed as 13, they get it wrong sometimes but who knows.
Old 2010-02-11, 13:06   Link #91
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yes, it should be 13 episodes, because the third show in the Anime no Chikara block is scheduled to start in July. Will update the Wiki.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:18   Link #92
Ragnarok_Anime

Finally joined after years of lurking to ask this. I was wondering if anyone knows why the upcoming anime wiki wiki.animesuki.com/wiki/Upcoming_anime had stopped being worked on and if there are any plans to resurrect it?
Ragnarok_Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 04:47   Link #93
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Perhaps because it wasn't used. My personal opinion is that that list is too akin to a news site thena a wiki project. In a wiki time to get it done should be irrelavant.
Old 2012-01-26, 05:05   Link #94
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok_Anime View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows why the upcoming anime wiki had stopped being ...
Lack of interest.

Like Felix says, the information might be better suited to a news site, but that wasn't what was proposed or created. The idea was very much that the community would maintain it. It failed because not enough people wanted to.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 05:16   Link #95
Ragnarok_Anime

Oh, ok it was pretty nice to have it on the same site and was pretty informative. Thanks for the reply!
Ragnarok_Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 05:31   Link #96
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

NightWish can you add a tag that puts a iframe or something and pull the wiki information. We could use that for the series pages and info threads on the forum, to allow for easier updates.
Old 2012-01-29, 14:07   Link #97
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Just to chime in: the upcoming anime page on the wiki failed because of a number of problems, including lack of interest and difficulty in making edits (I figured templates would help keep the page structured, but it made editing a p.i.t.a) and possibly that the page (despite being featured on the front page) was hidden to far away from the rest of the site content.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote