AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-09-23, 08:52   Link #121
tsunade666

but pretty much copying every bit is also not good. Well that's for me. A little something of new might be good as long as it doesn't change the whole story as a whole or ruin the atmosphere of the anime.
Old 2010-09-23, 12:46   Link #122
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but pretty much copying every bit is also not good. Well that's for me. A little something of new might be good as long as it doesn't change the whole story as a whole or ruin the atmosphere of the anime.
Yeah but the problem with anime adaptations is that they tend to throw in fillers with the same generic plot points. For example, the "swimsuit" episodes that are common in fillers or the "hot spring" episodes. I don't want this series to be plagued by it, I'd rather have the season following the LN's plot and not stray from it too much.

Although I do agree that I hope we get to see some new twists that makes the anime unique I wouldn't mind some variation

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 15:30   Link #123
ZODDGUTS

My problem when an anime adaptation tries to do it's own thing and not follow the manga/novel word for word is that it often doesn't turn out as good as the original source. It's happen in many anime adaptations, which is why I rather prefer the anime crew stick close to the source rather than doing it's own original/new things that isn't as good.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 15:46   Link #124
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

The LN is pretty much set up nicely for adaptation with chapters being a decent length and usually ending with a warming moment or a cliffhanger. At 12 episodes long, I'd much rather them stick to the plot and avoid fillers. They can add their own spin to it subtly, but don't change the story. *snip*

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-09-24 at 11:38. Reason: Easy on the novel spoilers, please.
Micchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 23:19   Link #125
type-R!

I wouldn't really like it if they add their own character or plot.
I stick to the idea that it should be just like the novel ("a true/loyal adaptation"), now if they add additional things, as long as they don't really affect the storyline in any way then I think its ok. After all, what most fans want (or at least me) is to see what I've been reading "animated"
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 23:35   Link #126
tsunade666

*snip*

it looks like oreimo and index are having a collaboration on the promotion of stuff.

I also hate when an anime tries to destroy the original by ruining soooooo far from the original plot story but a little added scene here or joke their to add to the fun is still okay for me as long as they keep it the same as the original.

I Hate FILLER EPISODES!!! and also FILLER ARCS! they are nightmares but for example in an episode which they add additional joke or cameos which would also make it funnier would be also great but changing too much and making it soooo different is also I hate.

Look at baka test. baka test is okay for me even if they jumble the whole story plot but still follow the novel but only in a random way.

But I hate it if they jumble the story on oreimo. Oreimo is fine already and great. I just want to see more of here and there but not over the limit that makes it crap.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-09-24 at 11:40. Reason: Novel spoiler question removed.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 11:45   Link #127
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Just a quick reminder: novel and manga spoilers aren't allowed in the anime thread. Keep those in its own thread.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 20:31   Link #128
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Hope that they do stick to the light novels. Especially in terms of characterisation. Really looking forward to it
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 10:12   Link #129
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

it looks like oreimo and index are having a collaboration on the promotion of stuff.
You mean this?

Is that the OP? Kinda catchy ...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 17:35   Link #130
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Quote:
[color=red]I also hate when an anime tries to destroy the original by ruining soooooo far from the original plot story but a little added scene here or joke their to add to the fun is still okay for me as long as they keep it the same as the original.

I Hate FILLER EPISODES!!! and also FILLER ARCS! they are nightmares but for example in an episode which they add additional joke or cameos which would also make it funnier would be also great but changing too much and making it soooo different is also I hate.
This whole argument about fillers started because you said you wouldn't mind having filler content ? There are canon fillers that can occur out of inviting the original author to cowrite an episode or script, but as others have said the novel fits rather nicely into episodes and we'll probably be getting a solid season of novel material.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 21:41   Link #131
tsunade666

well when I look at the previews. It really starts at me hehehe but I really like another extra scene as long as the story is itself and extra scene can't become a filler arc or filler story.
Old 2010-09-28, 03:01   Link #132
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You mean this?

Is that the OP? Kinda catchy ...
I facepalmed at the narration.
Old 2010-09-28, 04:52   Link #133
tsunade666

I love the background music or op but can someone translate what's touma saying on the pv it looks funny when I heard the eroge part.
Old 2010-09-28, 05:54   Link #134
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
I love the background music or op but can someone translate what's touma saying on the pv it looks funny when I heard the eroge part.
It's not a background music, but a opening called "irony", performed by ClariS.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 09:08   Link #135
Solafighter
Hige

This little promo looks very promising. Cant wait for the first episode.
Old 2010-09-28, 21:52   Link #136
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

2nd PV... seems to include more details.

Also can be viewed from the official website - here
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 23:39   Link #137
type-R!

I'm in love with Kirino's voice now, and no Azu-nyan doesn't come to my mind at all. The slap scene looks well done
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 00:27   Link #138
pampz21
ShipCore

I really like Touma colaboratin...its give me oh yeah..if Touma have a sister she'll surely fall in love with him!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 01:58   Link #139
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post

2nd PV... seems to include more details.

Also can be viewed from the official website - here

....Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii............. To think I'd have to see the words "Cross Days' again...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 05:44   Link #140
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

....Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii............. To think I'd have to see the words "Cross Days' again...
For KissXSis, they parodied as the word SisXSis.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen