AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 26 [End] Rating
Perfect 10 25 27.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 17.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 10.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 6.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-24, 12:32   Link #61
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Errr, I meant "solidified" as in metaphorically. Did Amata and Mikono kiss, or was it just a hug/confession?
Spoiler for SPOILERS, of course.:
Old 2012-06-24, 12:33   Link #62
bastek66

Spoiler for kiss:
Old 2012-06-24, 12:34   Link #63
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Spoiler for kiss:
that's one ugly looking kiss. i would take apollo-silvia one over this.

So likeliness of Amata-Mikono reincarnating is zero now that their souls will be in peace. right? right?
They could have atleast showed zessica getting over Amata or she will get over him.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:35   Link #64
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I disagree with you, sir.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:36   Link #65
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I think it's suppose to mirror the Apollo/Silvia kiss from the first series, judging by how Mikono looks kinda surprised.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:36   Link #66
Zuul

Pretty disapointing end that confirms it was not a deconstruction but all bad pacing, bad characterization, messed up themes and bad writting. And bad romance too.

Still baffled at the pointlessness of Kagura and Zessica's role in all of that.

At least they did get a good end. I believe she'll eventually move on. She will. ;_;
Old 2012-06-24, 12:43   Link #67
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Spoiler for: Amata x Mikono kiss scene

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/aquario...ore=1340557617
Old 2012-06-24, 12:47   Link #68
raziel12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
That's not what happened. Zessica is pretty unhappy in the ending, look at her expression in the group photo. There is no Kagura/Zessica ending.
well i havent watched the ep yet so iam still waiting lol but i had a feeling amata and Mikono was going to go to altiar and kagura was gonna be left on Vega
Old 2012-06-24, 12:48   Link #69
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Spoiler for: Amata x Mikono kiss scene

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/aquario...ore=1340557617
Spoiler for episode:
I appreciate the link, thanks a lot.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:53   Link #70
OMG_Zerg_Rush

It ended the way I thought it would but Was the zoom in on Zessica's sad face REALLY needed?
Anyway no one died and the villian was defeated as I hoped here's hoping the announce a ova or movie soon
Old 2012-06-24, 12:56   Link #71
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Aquarion Evol: giving hope to bland, boring girls with the personality of a goldfish: they too will find a good looking guy who shall love them and find their lack of personality or capacity endearing.

Basically, what a waste of time :/
Old 2012-06-24, 12:59   Link #72
mayumi

Oh my prediction about Apollo-Silvia overlap saving the Amata-Mikono pairing was right after all. Except it didn't save anything.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=196
Old 2012-06-24, 13:01   Link #73
Mangaka-chan

I usually like happy endings, but I'm really disappointed with the happy ending to EVOL.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:02   Link #74
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Aquarion Evol: giving hope to bland, boring girls with the personality of a goldfish: they too will find a good looking guy who shall love them and find their lack of personality or capacity endearing.

Basically, what a waste of time :/
You know that for most girls guys like Amata are not attractive at all. You should go read the articles on 'nice guys' in the Heartless Bitches International website.

I wrote somewhere else that with MikonoxAmata they made a failed hybridation with a Shoujo lead (Miss Do nothing DID Mikono) and a shounen lead (Nice guy pushover Amata). Probably expecting to please both female and male viewers and failed terribly at that.

As a female, when I read a shoujo, I want the bland easy to relate to Shoujo lead to score a dude I deem attractive. Amata is not personnality wise, his being the textbook clingy nice guy.

It's the same for male viewer.

The whole thing is made worse by Zessica (perfect waifu) and Kagura (perfect husbando) existence.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-06-24 at 13:19.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:04   Link #75
pingva

Oh, that sad Zessica's face ......(no comment).
Old 2012-06-24, 13:28   Link #76
bastek66

Spoilers
Spoiler for more kiss
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-06-25 at 00:10. Reason: Use the new tags for huge files so that they won't load until the tag is selected.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:34   Link #77
crayven

Zessica wore her sexy clothes again so it's implied she's going to move on, even if slowly. I don't understand why the show puts her through so much suffering for literally nothing though.

Kagura. I like how you realized your deep love for Mikono couldn't compare to Amata's for her and gave up on getting her in 5 minutes max. That was not sudden at all.

In the end it was mostly Amata who did all the hard work saving Mikono. For the main heroine she didn't do a lot in the final episode did she.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:36   Link #78
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
Zessica wore her sexy clothes again so it's implied she's going to move on, even if slowly. I don't understand why the show puts her through so much suffering for literally nothing though.

Kagura. I like how you realized your deep love for Mikono couldn't compare to Amata's for her and gave up on getting her in 5 minutes max. That was not sudden at all.

In the end it was mostly Amata who did all the hard work saving Mikono. For the main heroine she didn't do a lot in the final episode did she.
UMMM I'm pretty sure Zessica is wearing a jacket at the end lol pretty much the only one in their normal clothes are Amata, Mikono, Andy and Cayenne lol
Old 2012-06-24, 13:38   Link #79
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
You know that for most girls guys like Amata are not attractive at all. You should go read the articles on 'nice guys' in the Heartless Bitches International website.

I wrote somewhere else that with MikonoxAmata they made a failed hybridation with a Shoujo lead (Miss Do nothing DID Mikono) and a shounen lead (Nice guy pushover Amata). Probably expecting to please both female and male viewers and failed terribly at that.

As a female, when I read a shoujo, I want the bland easy to relate to Shoujo lead to score a dude I deem attractive. Amata is not personnality wise, his being the textbook clingy nice guy.

It's the same for male viewer.

The whole thing is made worse by Zessica (perfect waifu) and Kagura (perfect husbando) existence.
That's why I said "good-looking" instead of "attractive" You're absolutely right though, I agree with everything you've said.
Thing is, with Mikono it was always obvious that this is who she was, despite faint hope she would grow above it. That Amata is a wet washcloth only becomes apparent later, so the disappointment is bigger.
Either way, what they did here pleases no one. As a female, I wouldn't want to be with Amata, even if he came for free. Clingy. And if I were a guy, I wouldn't touch someone like Mikono either. Too high maintenance for all the bland. From that standpoint, Zessica and Kagura probably dodged a bullet,which they will be very glad for later on- even if they don't realize it as of yet.

I can't believe they promised no bitter aftertaste and then zoomed in on Zessica's sadface.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:39   Link #80
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post

Pretty horrible. Even at the end the girl that wanted to overcome uselessness did nothing. In a way (as a character) she also got a crap end. She was nothing but a prize for the MC all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
That's why I said "good-looking" instead of "attractive" You're absolutely right though, I agree with everything you've said.
Thing is, with Mikono it was always obvious that this is who she was, despite faint hope she would grow above it. That Amata is a wet washcloth only becomes apparent later, so the disappointment is bigger.
Either way, what they did here pleases no one. As a female, I wouldn't want to be with Amata, even if he came for free. Clingy. And if I were a guy, I wouldn't touch someone like Mikono either. Too high maintenance for all the bland. From that standpoint, Zessica and Kagura probably dodged a bullet,which they will be very glad for later on- even if they don't realize it as of yet.

I can't believe they promised no bitter aftertaste and then zoomed in on Zessica's sadface.
I have been attacked on it before, but some people (me included) think that the writting staff were really aware of how flawed Kawamori's idea for the main drama were and they did intentionnally troll him.

The way Zessica is written is particularly telling.

One can think the writting staff was not very happy by the fact the main goodie-goodie pair has to be dragged, going nowhere until the very end, and the pseudo love rivals made to suffer while not having the slightest hint of a chance to begin with. It's pretty obvious nothing good can come of that sort of setting.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-06-24 at 13:54.
Closed Thread