AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-02-12, 15:04   Link #41
spirits having flown

This is some odd way to send greetings this Valentine's Day:

Texting Tips For Valentine's Day

Also, there are some people who do not seem to appreciate Valentine's Day at all:

Kashmir women's group vows to stop Valentine's Day celebrations
spirits having flown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 22:25   Link #42
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Candy

I bought a bag of Valentines' candy hearts yesterday and thought I'd share some of the anime related candies. Sorry about the scans. I did my best (small buggers).

Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 23:01   Link #43
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Listen my sister is 6 years old and at school they had a Valentines Day party, you know where you make a little card holder out of a kleenex box and trade cards and candy. Except, they call it "Friendship Day" instead of Valentines...
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 23:10   Link #44
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePlus
Listen my sister is 6 years old and at school they had a Valentines Day party, you know where you make a little card holder out of a kleenex box and trade cards and candy. Except, they call it "Friendship Day" instead of Valentines...

haha, that was the last time Valentine's Day had any significance for me. I'm 23 now and never had a date on this day, but I got over it after I turned 20.

For those of you who are absolutely desperate to be with someone on this day, why not go to cragslist and post a personal ad in your local area? I did this a couple weeks ago just to see if I would get a response, and I got 6 girls knocking (3 of which were definitely cute). I might be meeting up with one of them soon.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 23:53   Link #45
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

When I find a girl from Sweden or Norway who likes anime and will help me get the hell out of this sinkhole called Japan, I will celebrate Valentine's Day.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 23:57   Link #46
snoopy007
Opethhhhh

Send a message via AIM to snoopy007 Send a message via MSN to snoopy007
Valentine's Day? When's that anyway...
snoopy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 01:08   Link #47
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy007
Valentine's Day? When's that anyway...
14th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
When I find a girl from Sweden or Norway who likes anime and will help me get the hell out of this sinkhole called Japan, I will celebrate Valentine's Day.
Only Sweden and Norway?

Valentines Day is kinda fun for me, cause I do all sorts of valentine related things. Like making chocolate cake or getting drunk. Fun! Fun! Fun!
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 02:38   Link #48
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
Valentines Day is kinda fun for me, cause I do all sorts of valentine related things. Like making chocolate cake or getting drunk. Fun! Fun! Fun!
Okay, you can also add Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Belgium, and the Schleswig-Holstein region of Germany.
Old 2006-02-13, 02:53   Link #49
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Okay, you can also add Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Belgium, and the Schleswig-Holstein region of Germany.
Schleswig-Holstein is an excellent choice... It's one of the most beautiful places in germany.

About Valentines Day... Dont know. It's a day like anyone else... Well, maybe with some choclate... I hope I get Lindt from somewhere

Aesir
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 03:24   Link #50
Loniat
Paranoid Android

Quote:
So I take you like blondies huh?
I must warn you though, most girls around here have a very different concept of what a feminine girl should be like..besides, Scandinavia is no different sinkhole than Japan, just colder.
Loniat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 07:49   Link #51
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
the Netherlands.
You've got to be kidding,...

Then I guess it's true what they say "the grass is always greener....."
Old 2006-02-13, 08:50   Link #52
DaFool
Resident devil

kj you've been watching too much Da Capo... Northern European loli girls are an oxymoron... it's been a while, but most Northern European girls I have seen were strongly-built.

If you want blondes you can try Utah and Idaho...most of the European immigrants there were Swedish.

And why complain? Japan is Heaven for men and Hell for women during Valentine's day! I could sure use some of the chocolates your female coworkers would definitely be giving you tomorrow, even if only out of obligation.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 13:46   Link #53
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Well, let's just say I am sick and tired of this homogenous society. I learned English for a lot of reasons, and one of them is to broadly open my conversation to the rest of world. And, I do feel great that I get to talk to many of you because of this.

So why not make good use of it? Rather than sticking to old cultures and traditions, being bound to have a "normal" Japanese girlfriend or wife is rather boring to me. If I mingle with an international crowd, I want to meet and fall in love with a girl outside of my sphere.

And, while this may come as a surprise, I love liberalism. And the most liberal happens to be Scandinavian nations in Europe like Norway and Sweden.

So, if there are any girls who happen to be from such area around the ages of 18-28 who love anime and are interesting in Japanese culture, let's become friends!!

My farfetched dream is to get out of Japan, meet a nice girl outside of my sphere, and live somewhere with nice temperate weather for the rest of our eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
And why complain? Japan is Heaven for men and Hell for women during Valentine's day! I could sure use some of the chocolates your female coworkers would definitely be giving you tomorrow, even if only out of obligation.
Heaven for men if you are popular. But even then, obligation or no obligation, you are still bound to give something back on White Day. Seriously, Valentine's Day in Japan is nothing more than a marketing tool. At least in the U.S. and Europe, the true meaning of Valentine's still holds strong. Here, it's just a popularity tool with clever marketing that 2/14 is for women to give to men and not the other way around.
Old 2006-02-13, 14:23   Link #54
Loniat
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Well, let's just say I am sick and tired of this homogenous society.
Scandinavia is not as homogeneous as a Japan as far as society goes, but is pretty much uniform..but maybe what you mean is that you are tired you *your* homogeneity.
Old 2006-02-13, 14:24   Link #55
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Wake up. Eat. Work until 4 PM. Go the gym and work out for an hour. Come home and put in a 3 mile run. Slam a Twin Lab Whey protein shake that tastes like ass followed by a shot of fresh wheatgrass juice. Shower. Take some flowers to my mother's grave, wish her a happy Valentines Day and tell her I’m okay. Come home. Log on to the forums. Ban someone. Watch an episode of Pita Ten. Eat. Sleep.
Ban someone? Hahahah ^_^

For me again. I'll drive 35 mins to school, go to school for 4 hours, drive 35mins back home, work, turn on the satellite reciever, watch the histroy channel then tune to the premium channels for about another 2 hours and eat along while I slack off on my homeworks. Another lonely Valentines Days has gone by for me.

We all love Xris

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 14:37   Link #56
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loniat
Scandinavia is not as homogeneous as a Japan as far as society goes, but is pretty much uniform..but maybe what you mean is that you are tired you *your* homogeneity.
Exactly. That is why I used "this" as in the place that I live.
Old 2006-02-13, 14:47   Link #57
Loniat
Paranoid Android

My Valentine’s day: I’ll buy flowers. We live together, so we will try to get more romantic. But I personally think Valentine’s day is another stupid date. I’ll do it for her.

Quote:
Exactly. That is why I used "this" as in the place that I live.

Come to Sweden for vacations. You can see by yourself if you like it or not, then you perhaps can make the plunge. It would not be so difficult to find a job. A girl that loves anime however, is another story..
Old 2006-02-13, 14:49   Link #58
Cloudkiller1
Spina~

I never recieved any candy for the last 8 years.. Oh well, off to make that Chocolate cake!!
Cloudkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 14:50   Link #59
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Ah... Valentine's Day, the one holiday in the year where the world kicks you while you're down and laughs at you for being single. Then, even if you avoid that, how can one argue with a holiday that preaches the commercialized version of romance, 'the more you buy them the more they'll love you.
Meh, Ive never felt kicked down by it when single.(lol, like now)
But I did learn the hard way that girls take this holiday very seriously. Forget it at your own peril, it would seem.
To me, single or not, Valentines day is just pita.

Quote:
Seriously, Valentine's Day in Japan is nothing more than a marketing tool.
Kj, reading your posts just makes me feel the world is the same all over

Quote:
If I mingle with an international crowd, I want to meet and fall in love with a girl outside of my sphere.
同意見です

hehe, but what you consider boring and staid would probably be pretty exotic to me.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 15:58   Link #60
primalmx
ThE aUStRoPoLaDiAn

Send a message via AIM to primalmx Send a message via MSN to primalmx
Geebus lots of bitter ppl :/ I dont have any particular plans with anyone but it doesn't seem to bother me Personally I am happy, as I am flat out BROKE. Hahahaha.

People put too much pressure on themselves, really, just take it easy. If you want a gf, keep at it with girls that are in your range :P I personally don't go out of my way when it comes to meeting women(i.e. all this stuff about dating sites, going places deriblitely to meet women), I just lay back and see what comes my way Has worked up to now, so

~prime
primalmx is offline   Reply With Quote