AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-11-17, 04:48   Link #38201
Eratas123

Just a quickie

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-17, 05:41   Link #38202
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
After much re-thinking and watching Halo 4, I think I'm going to re-vamp the Minerva abit more and remove the ability to fly. More like it'll have thrusters for long-distance jump-jetting and also acting as reverse boosters when the Minerva is skydiving.

Then again, most real robot-types don't have the ability of sustained flight without the assistance of a flight unit...
Psst... add wheels to it so you can go Code-Geass (just in case you want to add flight system later... you can put that as upgrades)

Quote:
Anything can be used as a weapon, you just have to be violent and stupid enough to try. If you really want to show peace, then characters need to stop looking at a brooch and imagining how to slit someone's throat with it.
The character see a knife-shape brooch as a brooch the problem is: Some males are so desperate that consider using that brooch as anti-IS weapon.

I think I will just scrapped that idea and just make a joke out of it...
Old 2012-11-17, 06:39   Link #38203
DarkJak2050

OKay, while on a break from my personal issues offline, I watched this one fight scene and I just had no comment after watching it.

It's from the anime film Sword of the Stranger. This fight scene I cannot describe, I know that some of you guys can't watch it here, but when given the chance, you should. It's best if you watch it.

Obviously, I was getting some things after watching that fight for my fic.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 07:22   Link #38204
demino_hellsin
That one guy

One of the best and and realistic fights I've seen. Well as realistic as anime goes. Saw the whole film from a few years ago actually. You can learn some pretty neat ways to fight with a sheathed sword from him =))
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 07:41   Link #38205
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Just a quickie

Spoiler:
The inevitable fated fight of revenge.

Nothing wrong I can say, as good as usual standard. Clearly, you're doing a good job able to keep your writing style consistent even across different fics.

As for Heel o' Wheel (and variations), indeed it's a common Real Robot trope. Good for moving fast without being ridiculously fast, and gave plenty of options when fighting in cramped spaces.
Old 2012-11-17, 07:50   Link #38206
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Which would be better? Gentarou transforming when Chifuyu finds him during the prologue or the first time he transforms is when the actual story starts?
Old 2012-11-17, 07:53   Link #38207
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

i dunno, maybe In Medias Res (a flash forward of sort)
Old 2012-11-17, 07:56   Link #38208
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*shrug* guess I'll keep the current story line.
Old 2012-11-17, 08:38   Link #38209
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
That aside, whether flight capable or not, speed is the key for I.S.-verse combat, notice that Canon!Laura's Panzerkanonne module (the equivalent of walking fortress) is an epic fail design, mainly because it could not use AIC somehow.

In both of my Fanon, all I.S. can fly, just that some of them are so bad at it and better not flying at all. However, that's means offensive close combat is difficult if the enemy is designed to fly.
Well it'll be uninteresting if the Minerva could replicate all of an IS' capabilities on its own(Not that it doesn't have the potential to be a match against one at the hands of a skilled pilot).

Imagine the Minerva in a form of the Spartan's MJLONIR Powered Armor only with the helmet shaped like the head of a Shiranui Second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Psst... add wheels to it so you can go Code-Geass (just in case you want to add flight system later... you can put that as upgrades)
I would but Inami's already a fast runner on his own(Five years training). Make no mistake though, he's not Usain Bolt.

EDIT: Scene for abit of techwank/past talk

Spoiler for Jinrai:

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2012-11-17 at 10:39.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 12:35   Link #38210
DarkJak2050

We got some fanfics.

Infinite Stratos The Mecha Gene

It Started with a Kiss (Crossover with Sekirei... Crud...)
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 22:08   Link #38211
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it be too much of a shipping thing if an operation would require Ichika in my version of Byakushiki Setsura linking wtih Houki's Akatsubaki to perform a barrier void version of the Raiser Sword?
Old 2012-11-17, 22:09   Link #38212
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Eh, if anything, Tabane did it and way too possible, she tinkered with the first and made the second

Updating Again, BTW
Old 2012-11-17, 22:16   Link #38213
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I realized that if I stick to the design that the ranged weapon of Byakushiki Setsura would be a sort of magnetic field slingshot of barrier void energy... it would be plausible for something like that to occur. The only drawback ever would be the lack of energy to actually perform something like that since Return to Zero(IS class/version of an EMP) practically drains Byakushiki down to basic functions level reserves of energy.
Old 2012-11-17, 22:38   Link #38214
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno, the closest thing I have to that is Lun's Quantum Wave Scrambler, and it's more like Video Game-kind of EMP in that they only stop I.S. function momentarily or at least reduce it (it'll destroy conventional or unprotected electronic completely though). It's also less a weapon and more like a variable focus projector, can affect either designated area (like a flashlight) or making a complete sphere (like a lantern).

Energy consumption is linear to it's overall effectiveness, so when set at low power with high focus, it can last long. It's less of gamebreaker unless used in team battles though, being Image Interface system and all.

And what is barrier Void Energy again?
Old 2012-11-17, 22:54   Link #38215
demino_hellsin
That one guy

another name I use to call the energy destroying particles generated by Yukihira, Setsura and Reiraku Byakuya that cancels out all forms of energy.

RtZ only cancels out energy weapons and shields :doh: But it still takes a crapload of energy from Byakushiki to do so, especially at full blast.
Old 2012-11-18, 00:47   Link #38216
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Wait, they do jack against kinetic impact too?
Old 2012-11-18, 02:03   Link #38217
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah, that's the case.
Old 2012-11-18, 02:06   Link #38218
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, at least that takes the pesky vulnerability.

Mine stay weak to physical blow like canon does, but it's not much of an energy drain, just easily cause overheat.
Old 2012-11-18, 02:11   Link #38219
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I had this idiotic scenario when Ichika actually engages RtZ. In the case where everyone is used to having the standard shield guarding for them, they don't give as much effort to dodge anymore so their senses are dulled. As opposed to Ichika who's been forced to fight not depending on his shield since its paper thin anyway. The result is him pawning everyone with just his 6 solid state Yukira and 10 Setsura Claw Wakizashis :/
Old 2012-11-18, 02:14   Link #38220
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I wont ask how he exactly wield that amount, unless he switch between sword types....

Though, TLR fanon has him curbstomping anyone who is too dependent on their G3 weapon (friggin gospel included), Rin for starter. He simply knew that most Image Interface weapon are fragile.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest