Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2019-05-29, 18:37   Link #141
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That said, I can't wait for Unicorn 2 just to see what would happen next, but we're gonna have to deal with Hathaway first .
You say that like it's a bad thing. I can't wait for Hathaway's Flash!

Speaking of newtype abilities being used for something other than war, one thing I did like about the movie is that it was showed us there were people interested in newtypes for things like improving their businesses. I can't remember if that's something that's been explored before.
Old 2019-05-29, 18:51   Link #142
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Oh no, not at all. I can't wait to see that sunovabitch Bright & Mirai in action . And that sweet sweet Xi Gundam & Penelope .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Speaking of newtype abilities being used for something other than war, one thing I did like about the movie is that it was showed us there were people interested in newtypes for things like improving their businesses. I can't remember if that's something that's been explored before.
IIRC the previous owner of Lalah used her skill for some gambling before Char found & rescued her.
Old 2019-05-29, 18:52   Link #143
bakato

I found the idea behind Zoltan sympathetic. He's my favorite type of antagonist. A dark twisted version of the protagonist who took a wrong turn.

Quote:
Even when they witness a miracle, they don't even try to understand its true essence...Humans like you and me get carved up in the name of a miracle!
Much like his predecessors, he's critical of these fancy fireworks called miracles and its hard to argue when you consider humanity didn't change at all.
Old 2019-05-29, 18:59   Link #144
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

There's still definitely something positive to say about Zoltan as a character. I actually quite enjoy his screentime, but I wished they didn't go the psychotic route with him. I wished for a more level-headed villain/antagonist who doesn't murder people for no reason early on when he's battling the Gundam inside the colony.
Old 2019-05-30, 05:05   Link #145
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I liked Zoltan better when his name was Shagia and Olba Frost. But I did enjoy how he called out Newtype evolution theory for being the crock of shit that it really was.

I personally enjoyed the battles in NT, but overall I wasn't terribly impressed, particularly with how it seemed to take ideas from other shows because UC's effectively run out of its own. The II Neo Zeong is just the Devil Gundam all over again. This time it was defeated by the Gundam AGE-FX--sorry, I mean Phenex. The Phenex was the one to defeat the Xamdrag--no, wait, sorry, the Vagan Gear SID--oops, wait, wrong again! I meant II Neo Zeong.

And overall its talk on Newtypes is still just discussing a question that Gundam X answered a long time ago.
Old 2019-05-30, 07:35   Link #146
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I personally enjoyed the battles in NT, but overall I wasn't terribly impressed, particularly with how it seemed to take ideas from other shows because UC's effectively run out of its own.
Not if you count the side materials. There's a lot of weird shit in UC comics & novels waiting to be adapted into anime (if they so choose).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And overall its talk on Newtypes is still just discussing a question that Gundam X answered a long time ago.
The definition of "Newtype" in UC is still vague even during the Victory era. That kinda gave away the fact that we won't get a definitive answer about it before we go pass Victory. Or they may do it sooner by ignoring the past late-UC installments.
Old 2019-05-30, 07:39   Link #147
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

This eternal question about Newtypes is precisely why I'm not as particularly fond of "mainline" UC as I used to. It just seems they like to go back to the same questions over and over again, without much in the way of doing anything exciting with it. At least many of the non-UC titles either make it quick, relegate the matter to the side, or just outright never include the aspect in their works.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-30, 08:49   Link #148
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There's still definitely something positive to say about Zoltan as a character. I actually quite enjoy his screentime, but I wished they didn't go the psychotic route with him. I wished for a more level-headed villain/antagonist who doesn't murder people for no reason early on when he's battling the Gundam inside the colony.
Psychosis is being unable to determine what's real and what's not. Zoltan and Batman may both be crazy, but they're living in reality.
Old 2019-05-30, 16:23   Link #149
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Psychosis is being unable to determine what's real and what's not. Zoltan and Batman may both be crazy, but they're living in reality.
When I said "psychotic" in my last post, I don't mean it in the strictest technical term. I mean "psychotic" as it being generally synonymous with "crazed, unhinged, unbalanced, mad, loony and distraught" which you can easily google.
Old 2019-06-24, 22:59   Link #150
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

For those who don't know yet, here's a translated interview with the people behind NT originally done by Akiba-Souken.

The curious ones should check out the link because it also has insightful photos of the production, but here's half of the interview for convenience:

Spoiler for saving space:
Old 2019-07-08, 09:46   Link #151
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

A pretty decent short look of NT compared to others in YT:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-07-08, 10:08   Link #152
Chosen_Hero

I accidentally watched this without knowing that I need to watch Unicorn first, was still ablw to follow the story pretty well and I trithfully didn't like the movie, at least story wise. I definitely am not a fan of where the main UC of Gundam has gone so I'll just stick to stories like a IBO, Wing, etc.
Old 2019-07-21, 16:28   Link #153
ArmorPilot

I've pretty much given up hope at this point of any good new Federation grunt GM/Jegan action. Zeon sells more model kits and we can't *gasp* show them lose except to Gundams...
ArmorPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-12, 16:00   Link #154
Psyco Diver

Looks like Gundam Info (Official Gundam Youtube channel) will be playing NT in English dub and multiple language sub
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-13, 04:33   Link #155
Helius

YouTube

YouTube
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-13, 22:53   Link #156
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I sometimes can't help but feel Narrative was an excuse to do another Gundam vs Neo Zeong fight.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-14, 11:43   Link #157
Psyco Diver

I forgot to comment on this

That was interesting, I was ok with the time travel stuff they mentioned because that made sense with new types but ghosts, that’s a bit much for me. The bad guy was meh but had a interesting back story, the rest of characters were similar, bleh but interesting backgrounds. The ending worked for me and explains away why there are no psycho frames in the future timeline of UC
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-14, 13:53   Link #158
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I sometimes can't help but feel Narrative was an excuse to do another Gundam vs Neo Zeong fight.
Because Full Frontal didn't use Neo Zeong at its full battle potential in Unicorn. Instead, he used it as a time-traveling Disney-ride for Banagher .