AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-09, 13:50   Link #41
Itlandm
Porcupine

Well, this wasn't bad. It seems that there is usually a little more ecchi in the first episode of a series, for some obscure reason. Even "Boys Be" had a long closeup of Chiharu's wiggling butt, not to mention that after the first episode of "Narue no Sekai" I was ready to rename it "Narue no Pantsu". If it fades as quickly here, I won't mind. And I agree, there were a lot of places where they could have shown a lot instead of just hinting, and they didn't. So it isn't all that ecchi unless your imagination runs away with you. ^_^

I suspect that, much like with Narue no Sekai, the boy is mostly to get the thing started. The girl, Miharu, will probably be the main character for most of the series.

Having the boy sound like a girl, however, was detestable. I can't imagine why.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 14:03   Link #42
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcat
if you guys haven't noticed yet, Yukinari's VA is Mamiko Noto (The Melody of Oblivion - The Melody of Oblivion, Shimako - Marimite). i think this is her first time voicing a guy (not sure). She makes him sound like a low voice girl at times, and a little boy in others.
I haven't seen Melody of Oblivion yet, but she also the voice of Narue in Narue no Sekai, Kotori in X TV and ♡ Hatsuki in Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. She sounds so cute as a boy. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 16:21   Link #43
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ya know, I decided to watch episode 1 for the heck of it, just to see what it was like and make a decision on whether or not to follow this series off that, and I have to say that I was wrong. I initially was turned off by the suggestion that this series was mega enchi. Actually, surprisingly, it's not. It's got enchi, that much is true, but not so much as to kill it. It's actually quite an enjoyable show. This one has my two thumbs up! Plus I laughed plenty hard plenty of times, so that's also a huge plus. The concept of the show is interesting too. Kinda mabaraho'ish in a way, but I think the studio did a better job of this one....at least so far.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 18:25   Link #44
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Sigh, another series in my "to collect" pile (got way to much to download/left to watch already).
I'm pretty much a sucker when it comes to anime with cute girls, so this wasn't a surprising reaction.

Interestingly, this is the 4th manga from the only Shounen Ace "phonebook" I got (August 2001 issue)
to be animated -- others from the same issue are Angelic Layer, Narue no Sekai and Kerero Gunso.

As for yet again a cute role for Ayako Kawasumi -- I don't mind, as long as she doesn't get
"type-casted" forever. Personally my favorite roles she has played are that of semi-emotionless princesses
with attitude -- mainly Lafiel from Crest/Banner of the Stars, but also Erumina from Puchi Puri Yuushi.
(which is quite the opposite of her "usual" roles).

I also recognized the main male lead as being voiced by the same actress who did Hatsuki in Yami
to Boushi to Hon to Tabibito. Since Hatsuki was a bit of a tomboy (in terms of attitude), this role
isn't to surprising though.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 20:31   Link #45
Anthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Thank you Lunar! OMG LOL Episode 1
Spoiler:
Ok, I'm convinced - I'll bite I needed a new animobsession, what with all the licences lately eating into my DL content hehe, this actually sounds pretty cool.

* runs off to dl ep 1 *
Anthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 21:37   Link #46
Chao Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Ya know, I decided to watch episode 1 for the heck of it, just to see what it was like and make a decision on whether or not to follow this series off that, and I have to say that I was wrong. I initially was turned off by the suggestion that this series was mega enchi. Actually, surprisingly, it's not. It's got enchi, that much is true, but not so much as to kill it. It's actually quite an enjoyable show. This one has my two thumbs up! Plus I laughed plenty hard plenty of times, so that's also a huge plus. The concept of the show is interesting too. Kinda mabaraho'ish in a way, but I think the studio did a better job of this one....at least so far.

Same here, I was turned off by that as well, but I decided to watch it anyways, since I liked the character designs, and I was very pleasantly surprised.
I'll be watching this, and I'd definately recommend it.
Chao Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 01:12   Link #47
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

hehe...if it follows the manga:
Spoiler:
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 01:39   Link #48
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Thumbs Down

I just watched it and I was totally unimpressed. 0 points for originality. 0 points for main character. You know what this series reminds me of? Eiken. Did you see all the huge bouncing boobs when they were running? Plus no offense to anyone, but I think the female lead character is a ditz and an airhead. Yeah she's cute, but its like she has no personality at all (much like Eiken). And don't get me started on the male lead character. I know this anime falls into the 'wussy man suddenly enveloped by many beautiful young women' genre, but he is BY FAR the most pathetic wuss I could have ever not hoped for. He's short so he gets picked on by girls and then he becomes ALERGIC to them? Seriously, wtf wtf wtf. Who cares if you're short, be at least some resemblence of a man and stand up to those bitches that pick on you! I didn't even find the comedy in this episode humorous because its like I've seen it a million times.

I'm sorry to say I won't be downloading another episode of this. Cute girls can't replace a plot and good character IMO.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 03:15   Link #49
Itlandm
Porcupine

Well, I haven't seen the other anime that this one is supposedly a copy of. So I look forward to watching it. I don't really expect the plot to be visible after one episode. This was just enough to establish the cultural frame the two main characters live in.

I am not sure why so many male characters in humorous anime are such sissies. Perhaps in Japanese society men are more assertive and women more submissive, and so they enjoy reversing the roles for entertainment?
Old 2004-07-10, 04:28   Link #50
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
I am not sure why so many male characters in humorous anime are such sissies. Perhaps in Japanese society men are more assertive and women more submissive, and so they enjoy reversing the roles for entertainment?
Hardly -_- Any run in with the modern Japanese high schoolgirl should cure you of that misconception. Technically I think it's more because the target audiences for these kind of shows in Japan are usually the sissies, the otakus, basically those who are somewhat like the main male characters.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 04:34   Link #51
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Well, I haven't seen the other anime that this one is supposedly a copy of. So I look forward to watching it. I don't really expect the plot to be visible after one episode. This was just enough to establish the cultural frame the two main characters live in.

Dammn right!

But to voice out my opinion i was abit disappointed in the lack of extra ecchi-ness....but thankfully i have a good tolerance for non-ecchi anime, which is probably why i can enjoy and watch a large range of anime series unlike those people who have a low resistance against ecchi (you pooooor souls, unable to watch some of the funnest animes around.... )

But it was great, i enjoyed the first episode, the only other annoying thing beside the lack of ecchi scene, is the sutitution of the blood with brown blood...that just reeeaaallly piss me off... DON'T MESS WITH THE COMICAL SACRED PERSUDO-ORGASM!!!

It's RED! LEAVE IT REEEEEED!!!!

and i now hate steam, stupid, rediculously thick steam...i want Yukari to install a fan into his bathroom, you need good circulation of air when you have a bath you know!!
Old 2004-07-10, 08:20   Link #52
Firebat
I Love Anime

Just wondering about the Manga...

Someone said there is upto Volume 4 translated into English and I can't find them anywhere on the net, not really sure where to start looking.

Could someone provided some links or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Firebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 08:54   Link #53
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

With manga, in 97% of cases you can perty much guarentee that it's licenced, so I doubt we can tell you where to find it short of google.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 09:54   Link #54
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

you say that, but it isn't 100% certain.

If the company who is licencing it, isn't clear in announcing it, i think it's their fault.

If your not certain, i think it's find to inform people were to get it, when you are 100% certain then i gree you should stop distro'ing it.
Old 2004-07-10, 10:08   Link #55
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I just watched it and I was totally unimpressed. 0 points for originality. 0 points for main character. You know what this series reminds me of? Eiken. Did you see all the huge bouncing boobs when they were running? Plus no offense to anyone, but I think the female lead character is a ditz and an airhead. Yeah she's cute, but its like she has no personality at all (much like Eiken). And don't get me started on the male lead character. I know this anime falls into the 'wussy man suddenly enveloped by many beautiful young women' genre, but he is BY FAR the most pathetic wuss I could have ever not hoped for. He's short so he gets picked on by girls and then he becomes ALERGIC to them? Seriously, wtf wtf wtf. Who cares if you're short, be at least some resemblence of a man and stand up to those bitches that pick on you! I didn't even find the comedy in this episode humorous because its like I've seen it a million times.
Hmmm, you shouldn't compare it to Eiken
This anime was borderline hentai while this one didn't have that much ecchi IMO.
I didn't notice anything much ecchi than in most ecchi animes, so it's not that bad
Old 2004-07-10, 10:28   Link #56
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Hmmm, you shouldn't compare it to Eiken
This anime was borderline hentai while this one didn't have that much ecchi IMO.
I didn't notice anything much ecchi than in most ecchi animes, so it's not that bad

I beg to differ, it wasn't that good either.

I mean if you want to put nose-spurting you could at leased leave it red, and get rid of the steam because its oscuring the creators wonderful art.

True, ecchi is just topping to make the show more interesting to watch, but when a certain situation requires ecchi-ness at llease make it proper ecchi.
Don't hover half-way, if you have a ecchi scene don't censor it, just don't put it in.
Like wise, if you want to make it Ecchi comedy, put ecchi-ness in it! Ecchi-ness is what makes it funny.

I thought Maburaho is a great anime, it had just the right ammount of ecchiness for that perticular plotline.

This one, only time will tell.
Seriously im kinda amazed people complain about series with too much ecchi-ness.
I mean if you don't like Ecchi-ness don't watch it, only people who like ecchi-comedy like's it.
Go watch some other anime comedy show that is ecchi-less like... "Azmanga Daioh" or something else.
Old 2004-07-10, 11:23   Link #57
Seiji-kun
Anime Pasocon Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Seiji-kun
I think that this will be a good anime.
Seiji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 14:01   Link #58
Itlandm
Porcupine

In this anime, most of the ecchi is in the head of those who watch. ^_^* The nudity is just out of sight, in time or space. It can easily be imagined by those who have seen such things.

Breasts actually move about when people run, at least with European sized breasts. (I understand that Japanese generally are more streamlined.) I did not even notice till it was pointed out.

What I don't like about this anime is the way they treat the boy. But perhaps it is really such things a true otaku can identify with ... being weak and girlish and being beat up for no reason. It reminds me of "Love Hina" as much as Maburaho. I have not seen the ending of those two.
Old 2004-07-10, 14:05   Link #59
Blaat

Well...what can I say...I'm not amused. All the elements annoy me so far. I will probably watch more episodes when I'm bored.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 14:18   Link #60
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
In this anime, most of the ecchi is in the head of those who watch. ^_^* The nudity is just out of sight, in time or space. It can easily be imagined by those who have seen such things.

Breasts actually move about when people run, at least with European sized breasts. (I understand that Japanese generally are more streamlined.) I did not even notice till it was pointed out.
That's exactly it!
There isn't that much ecchi in this anime IMO, I've seen worse and it's all in the viewer mind
I personally didn't notice neither the 'breasts bouncing' until it was pointed out neither
A bit offtopic, but it would be the same for my current signature : if you are somewhat too much perverted, you won't get the fact that what's on her nose is soap ^_^

Last edited by Thany; 2004-07-10 at 15:58.
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, shounen