AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 16.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-20, 07:48   Link #101
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
IBut at a later point it seemed they only beat up the ability users. Of course beating up someone isn't a small thing especially since most of the victims are kids but at one point wouldn't the ability users get mad organaise groups of their own and go kick those guys' buts? Looks like a stupid thing to do on the criminals' part if you ask me. This makes me think someone tood advantage of their mental state and told them to do it.
Well that's kinda what already happened when Mikoto and Kuroko when they went to their base. I don't think it would've made much difference if there was a larger group.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 08:00   Link #102
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I'm a bit confused....in the first arc they avoided every single opportunity to connect Index to Railgun like the plague and now they put Index and Touma in the OP? That's just weird.
They only excluded Touma from Railgun because of the point that TOUMA IS A SHOWSTEALER. His mere presence for a few seconds was enough to turn the episode from one thing to another, and it's a bad thing. Railgun is primarily about Misaka, Saten, Uiharu and Kuroko and life in Academy City.

Quote:
This anime also took quite the turn if you ask me. In the first arc everything was toned down for the most part but now we see a something that moved away from that image a lot and is way "darker" if you will. Yet the were still unwilling to show just how dark it was.
I call it plot development.

Quote:
But at a later point it seemed they only beat up the ability users. Of course beating up someone isn't a small thing especially since most of the victims are kids but at one point wouldn't the ability users get mad organize groups of their own and go kick those guys' buts? Looks like a stupid thing to do on the criminals' part if you ask me. This makes me think someone took advantage of their mental state and told them to do it.
Beating up one student isn't a small thing; they are students, and they have a tendency to feel scared at stuff like this. Also, they still have Capacity Down in their arsenal. There is still a big disadvantage against the students.

Quote:
It's a good thing that the author is helping the studio with ideas and plot or I think we would be watching something way more similar to episode 2 and 3 right now. I would have loved to see the Sister's ark animated but that arc is focused only on Misaka whereas the anime is focused on the lives of the four girls and JC did a lot to show that that's their primary focus. So even if the mangaka could have as easily helped them animate the other arc they decided to do this since it fits well at this point.
Please be patient. The Sisters Arc isn't finished yet.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 08:44   Link #103
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well that's kinda what already happened when Mikoto and Kuroko when they went to their base. I don't think it would've made much difference if there was a larger group.
I believe it would since the students that were already surprised once by this would know better. Plus Misaka and Kuroko went there to arrest the leader whereas an angry mob of espers would go there to beat everyone they see standing. And it's not like that gang has the resources to build anonther one of those devices and it was pretty big thus easy to take out once you know it's there.

Anyways I think you were saying that that's what happened in the end anyways and I misunderstood you thus the things I just said. Point is it would have happened sooner or later and it's more or less digging your own grave. So they are either very stupid or were manipulated into doing in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
They only excluded Touma from Railgun because of the point that TOUMA IS A SHOWSTEALER. His mere presence for a few seconds was enough to turn the episode from one thing to another, and it's a bad thing. Railgun is primarily about Misaka, Saten, Uiharu and Kuroko and life in Academy City.
I don't think he is but people like his and Misaka's interactions. Still they could have connected the two animes without changing anything in Railgun's focus on the four girls. It would have taken very little time to connect them but the fact is they didn't for some reason...and now we see this. It just strikes me as odd.

Quote:
I call it plot development.
That's not actually plot development. They just changed the setting of the show or at least seemingly chnaged it for now to a darker one. I have no idea how it will turn out later but it doen't look as laid back as most of the first arc.

Quote:
Beating up one student isn't a small thing; they are students, and they have a tendency to feel scared at stuff like this. Also, they still have Capacity Down in their arsenal. There is still a big disadvantage against the students.
Yes it's not a small thing at all epecially as I said since they're kids. But since this seems to happen a lot it's only a matter of time. In the long run the gang is at a big disadvantage but because they don't see it I think someone used the fact they sort of hate the ability users and using that he/she manipulated them into doing something like this.

Quote:
Please be patient. The Sisters Arc isn't finished yet.
Hah well I don't have a choice. Anyways I was saying something completely different^^

Last edited by Joe_fh; 2010-01-20 at 08:55.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 13:30   Link #104
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
I don't think he is but people like his and Misaka's interactions. Still they could have connected the two animes without changing anything in Railgun's focus on the four girls. It would have taken very little time to connect them but the fact is they didn't for some reason...and now we see this. It just strikes me as odd.
Its called Easteregg. Whats odd is that people interpret a sequence that must be analysed frame by frame to even notice Touma and Index a plot point which must lead to something.

If you want to see them, watch Index and get off of my delicous yuri show ehh i mean slice of life. yeah... ehehe
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 17:54   Link #105
Miraluka
Banned

HAHahhaha it looks like:
Fillers = character development.

Lack of Sisters arc = Marketing strategy.
Because in theory if the author is helping to do this "anime exclusive episodes" why not to help the current arc in the manga ? . Of course, the problem is the publication in Gangan comics not the story, I think the script is already finished.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 04:19   Link #106
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I believe it would since the students that were already surprised once by this would know better. Plus Misaka and Kuroko went there to arrest the leader whereas an angry mob of espers would go there to beat everyone they see standing. And it's not like that gang has the resources to build anonther one of those devices and it was pretty big thus easy to take out once you know it's there.
Well lets consider it. Losing your powers and getting the crap beaten out of you is a pretty distressing experience is real life that can affect you in the long term, especially if you're just a kid. I don't think they would know any better since they have no diea what actually happened and why. They'd probably just want to avoid something like that happening again out of fear.

So what you're asking for is someone that is mentally strong enough and have the guts to deal with that. Not only that but the victims won't know one another so I'm guessing it would be extraordinarily difficult to find each other (not to mention that very few victims will be brave enough to volunteer) and aswell as finding out where the gangs base is. and all this in their spare time when they have school and everything.

It's either that or going to Judgement and letting them deal with it so you can get on with your own life.
Old 2010-01-21, 05:14   Link #107
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Because in theory if the author is helping to do this "anime exclusive episodes" why not to help the current arc in the manga ? . Of course, the problem is the publication in Gangan comics not the story, I think the script is already finished.
That's probably because as I said the anime is focused mostly on the four girls whereas the Sister's arc isn't. Since what they've done up to now shows that they're going for a bit of a slice of life interactions between the girls plus some form of fanservice (some even consider it to have a yuri element) having an arc that does the opposite wouldn't be a good idea. And there is that gap in time between the two arks in the manga. Plus the current arc also fits better if one would like to keep the basic ideas of the first one and push them even further.

Quote:
Well lets consider it. Losing your powers and getting the crap beaten out of you is a pretty distressing experience is real life that can affect you in the long term, especially if you're just a kid. I don't think they would know any better since they have no diea what actually happened and why. They'd probably just want to avoid something like that happening again out of fear.
It can be really traumatic indeed. But some of the kids we saw didn't look like little kids. Of course most would be scared but I wasn't talking about most of them. My point was that since they know somehow they lost their power they won't rush in blindly. And it's one van. If they don't jump in together the'll spot it and take it out...but I was thinking more of an angry mob atack rather than a planned one on the gang headquarters.

Quote:
So what you're asking for is someone that is mentally strong enough and have the guts to deal with that. Not only that but the victims won't know one another so I'm guessing it would be extraordinarily difficult to find each other (not to mention that very few victims will be brave enough to volunteer) and aswell as finding out where the gangs base is. and all this in their spare time when they have school and everything.
I wouldn't say only mentaly strong...take the bomber guy for example. Well he was targeting judjment but I would imagine there are a considerable number of people in AC that would have a similar atitude - thus get very angry after something like this. Let's not forget that many of the ability users above level 3 would think they're above everyone else so some of them would want "revenge". There isn't a need for everyone in the "angry esper mob" to be a victim. In the long run if these atacks didn't stop I'm quite sure a gorup of espers would go on a rampage. They wouldn't search for the gang or thier base....they would just beat the crap of every Skill Out they see in that district.

Again I'm not tlaking about that many people - in this case around 30 people who are actually willing to do something is more than enough. I think it's naive to think everyone would just stand there and watch why the people around them get beaten one after the other, especially if you have supepowers. And once that starts happening Antiskill would have pretty much no choice but to take some serious action like police does during riots.
In the long run that gangs' plan was flawed because of all that thus the reason I said someone used them for an experiment or something like that.
Old 2010-01-21, 06:58   Link #108
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ Fair enough. I just think that although they maybe stuck up, they'll still react to this sort of thing like anyone else. Victims just won't have the guts or time to resources to do anything about it and people that aren't victims won't give a shit because it doesn't concern them. Beating the crap out of every skill out they see might work but I think these Skill Out attacks are more planned.

Besides, I don't think the espers will know it's coming from a van espcecially if it seems it's coming from inside their own head. Even if they did that noise seemed painful so painful it was debilitating. And plus the gang has guns.
Old 2010-01-21, 08:23   Link #109
Joe_fh

Quote:
^ Fair enough. I just think that although they maybe stuck up, they'll still react to this sort of thing like anyone else. Victims just won't have the guts or time to resources to do anything about it and people that aren't victims won't give a shit because it doesn't concern them. Beating the crap out of every skill out they see might work but I think these Skill Out attacks are more planned.

Besides, I don't think the espers will know it's coming from a van espcecially if it seems it's coming from inside their own head. Even if they did that noise seemed painful so painful it was debilitating. And plus the gang has guns.
True for the most part but I'm still sure that in the long run there will be people that do what I said erlier. It's not like Anti skill or Judjment is doing pretty much anything at all at this point. I mean you can't have a random gang picking off students one by one, beating them up and in response to this the equivalent to the law enforcement sends a 13 year old girl to check things out on her own? It's kind of stupid on Judjment's part if you ask me especially considering the Skill Outs took down level 4s and Kuroko is a level 4 as well. I don't people would feel safe with the way the stuation is being handled.

Of course most victims in general would try to avoid this topic as a whole but some won't. And I think there are some poeple out there that will do something even if they are not victims - for example a couple of your best friends got beaten up and one of the wants to get back at the guys who did it...in many cases his friends will be more than willing to help.

Since they know the ones beating them are Skill outs that means they're doing it with something other than an ability...they don't know how but they know it's a sound since the victims heared it. The espers only need to spread out and lure the criminals to use it and then take it out while they're out of it's range...of course they'll probably won't do that since they'll want revenge and in this situations people tend to ignore who's actually responisble thus the probable beating of every Skill Out the angry espers come across. On top of that most of the groups doing the beatings didn't have the device with them since Misaka and Kuroko took them down without a problem.
And about the guns...well come on one guy beat them up with his bare hands and he didn't even have any powers meaning they didn't have the guts to actually shoot. Imagine what 30 people with all kinds of powers could do to them when there are even level 4s among them.

On the gang's part I think it's like poking a sleeping tiger with a stick.
Old 2010-01-21, 08:36   Link #110
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I think a lot of it depends on the person. This experience isn't so profound that it will get the same reaction out of everyone. If I were an esper, I'd always be looking for a fight, but that's just me. Some aren't like that. In a situation where espers are being targeted like this, I'd be running around kicking all kinds of ass regardless of whether I'd personally been targeted or not. Saying it doesn't concern me is irresponsible, because by the time it does personally concern me, I'm already getting mobbed. Again, that's just how I'd react. A lot of people might not be like that, but then a lot of people might share my concern and enthusiasm if they just heard the idea or saw someone else taking action.

For the sake of the story, if other espers were trying to handle this themselves, then Misaka and Kuroko wouldn't realistically need to do it. Taking out the gang isn't a big deal after you've experienced the power disturbing machine once. You just take it out, get your powers back under control, and proceed to kick butt.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 12:51   Link #111
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
That's probably because as I said the anime is focused mostly on the four girls whereas the Sister's arc isn't. Since what they've done up to now shows that they're going for a bit of a slice of life interactions between the girls plus some form of fanservice (some even consider it to have a yuri element) having an arc that does the opposite wouldn't be a good idea. And there is that gap in time between the two arks in the manga. Plus the current arc also fits better if one would like to keep the basic ideas of the first one and push them even further.
Thanks to comments like this, Mikoto doesn't have a role in Index series...

Quote:
It can be really traumatic indeed. But some of the kids we saw didn't look like little kids. Of course most would be scared but I wasn't talking about most of them. My point was that since they know somehow they lost their power they won't rush in blindly. And it's one van. If they don't jump in together the'll spot it and take it out...but I was thinking more of an angry mob atack rather than a planned one on the gang headquarters.
Just look at Accelerator who lost more than half of his powers XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I think a lot of it depends on the person. This experience isn't so profound that it will get the same reaction out of everyone. If I were an esper, I'd always be looking for a fight, but that's just me. Some aren't like that. In a situation where espers are being targeted like this, I'd be running around kicking all kinds of ass regardless of whether I'd personally been targeted or not. Saying it doesn't concern me is irresponsible, because by the time it does personally concern me, I'm already getting mobbed. Again, that's just how I'd react. A lot of people might not be like that, but then a lot of people might share my concern and enthusiasm if they just heard the idea or saw someone else taking action.
Exactly, depends on the person, for example Touma can be pwning many espers thanks to his right hand making think espers their losing the power and of course the confidence, but no, he tends to avoid the conflicts as much as possible :P.
Old 2010-01-21, 13:09   Link #112
Pandabreaker
Kamijyo Faction member
*Artist

Location: Doing some Digital art. Anyone up for some Doodles? xD
^ ahaha! Thats Touma for you x3! He'll fight only when needed. Such a good role-model lol.

This episode was pretty good imo. I enjoyed the introduction to Mii's sempai and I look forward to more fist brawling.
Pandabreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 13:35   Link #113
Joe_fh

Quote:
Thanks to comments like this, Mikoto doesn't have a role in Index series...
Seriously what does that have to do with Misaka's role in Index? I'm just saying it will be wiered to shift the focus of the series which is Misaka, Kuroko, Saten and Uiharu to something focused only on Misaka, especially after the episodes so far and the fact that JC showed they are more interested in the four girls interactions and life rather than everything else.
Spoiler for Index...sort of:
Old 2010-01-21, 13:59   Link #114
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Seriously what does that have to do with Misaka's role in Index? I'm just saying it will be wiered to shift the focus of the series which is Misaka, Kuroko, Saten and Uiharu to something focused only on Misaka, especially after the episodes so far and the fact that JC showed they are more interested in the four girls interactions and life rather than everything else.
Spoiler for Index...sort of:
Spoiler for But since then...:
Old 2010-01-21, 15:55   Link #115
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I'm a bit confused....in the first arc they avoided every single opportunity to connect Index to Railgun like the plague and now they put Index and Touma in the OP? That's just wiered.
In a scene that you can miss by blinking. It's a simple cameo, with no real plot involvement.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 03:52   Link #116
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
And about the guns...well come on one guy beat them up with his bare hands and he didn't even have any powers meaning they didn't have the guts to actually shoot. Imagine what 30 people with all kinds of powers could do to them when there are even level 4s among them.
Lol. Sad but true.
Old 2010-01-22, 17:43   Link #117
Joe_fh

Quote:
Spoiler for But since then...:
Actually I would have loved to see that. I'm just saying it won't happen since JC shifted the focus on the four girls and they are going for more fanservice rather than something like what you just said. If there is a seconds season we might get to see it.
And about the other things you mentioned - you're right this isn't the thread for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
In a scene that you can miss by blinking. It's a simple cameo, with no real plot involvement.
True enough. There's no need for plot involvment on their part - just on of the scenes that bridged Index and Railgun and showed they are connected would have been enough. But they didn't do it for some reason and yet they put the cameo in the OP. OF course that's nothing really that important but I just find it odd.

Quote:
Lol. Sad but true.
I really don't like scenes like those. It makes guns look like harmless toys and they aren't.
Old 2010-01-22, 18:03   Link #118
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
True enough. There's no need for plot involvment on their part - just on of the scenes that bridged Index and Railgun and showed they are connected would have been enough. But they didn't do it for some reason and yet they put the cameo in the OP. OF course that's nothing really that important but I just find it odd.
The same happened with Index OPs featuring Saten and Uiharu, you know?.
Old 2010-01-22, 20:03   Link #119
Joe_fh

Quote:
The same happened with Index OPs featuring Saten and Uiharu, you know?.
Sure I know. However, Railgun is the spinoff of Index thus any connection can only be made via Railgun at this point. Otherwise they had to change the original source to include Uiharu and Saten in it. So from there you can say JC actually bridged the series as best as they could without going orignal with the anime - by including them in the OP. In Railgun JC actually changed the events in the original source to avoid making any clear connection to Index and after that they included Index and Touma in the OP. Sure it's only a cameo, I'm just saying I find it odd, nothing more.