Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-03, 10:04   Link #21
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Original Title : 魔拳のデイドリーマー
Alternative Title: Maken no Daydreamer / Demon Fist of Daydreamer

EDIT: I just realized I screwed up the thread name. Can I get a mod to fix that?
I changed the title for you. If you want such changes done in the future, it's better to use the Report button on the post to request the change. That will guarantee we see your request and the response will usually be faster too.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 11:43   Link #22
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Are there any translations?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 11:49   Link #23
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Are there any translations?
Considering that it only just appeared as a thread here, I highly doubt anyone would have started translating, as the translators on the web are a pretty small community. Almost every translator's page is linked to several others, and have threads on this forum about the projects, so if you cannot find it, it probably doesn't exist.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 12:08   Link #24
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Does our MC have a clear goal in mind? Also, is there a sense of progression power-wise for the characters?
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 13:45   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

how much does the mother being a succubus get mix into the story?
Old 2014-12-03, 14:51   Link #26
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
how much does the mother being a succubus get mix into the story?
Just started reading the originals up to chapter 10.

Spoiler for Volume One:

I can't say much about how it develops in the future since I'm not there yet, though it's definitely used for various aspects during the first volume. Most likely he will come across a number of siblings as well, and she seemed to be pretty absurdly strong/famous by that worlds standards.
Old 2014-12-03, 15:20   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post

Spoiler for Volume One:
sounds like the author bend himself into a pretzel to prevent blood-related incest.
Old 2014-12-03, 15:48   Link #28
Namorax

How does the "reincarnated" part affect the plot?
from what I've seen so far it looks like it was mentioned in passing just so the author can add a popular tag to his story.

EDIT: Also... whats a "High Dark Elf"?
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 16:00   Link #29
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
from what I've seen so far it looks like it was mentioned in passing just so the author can add a popular tag to his story.

A very high, dark elf.

What does the high mean in the first place?!

The New Saga has like High Dragon Race, High Dwarf, High Human, High, etc... which the regular species becomes after reincarnating like 10x+, though in series in general High Elves seem to be seen as a separate species altogether from regular ones.... so confusing.

So far, there's not much relevance in the reincarnation aspect, then again there was very little mention of his original world either way, it starts with his death in an airplane accident (from turbulence?!).

Though it might have some relation to the forbidden technique that was used later. Since he doesn't remember things from birth just after a certain point as a baby.
Old 2014-12-03, 16:00   Link #30
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post

I assume an exiled high elf? Who is that green haired girl, in going to assume that isn't our "high dark elf" ears are way to round. But she has a bow...
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 18:18   Link #31
Namorax

Normally you're either one or the other. In traditional (western) High Fantasy High Elves are "good" while Dark Elves are considered evil and have a black or dark skin color. Both races are generally depicted to not get along with each other.

You're either a High Elf, or a Dark Elf. Unless the author decided to twist more pretzels and made her parents into a High- AND a Darkelf.
Also, she doesn't seem to have the typical pointy elf-ears...
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 22:25   Link #32
bludvein

Quote:
A very high, dark elf.

What does the high mean in the first place?!

The New Saga has like High Dragon Race, High Dwarf, High Human, High, etc... which the regular species becomes after reincarnating like 10x+, though in series in general High Elves seem to be seen as a separate species altogether from regular ones.... so confusing.

So far, there's not much relevance in the reincarnation aspect, then again there was very little mention of his original world either way, it starts with his death in an airplane accident (from turbulence?!).

Though it might have some relation to the forbidden technique that was used later. Since he doesn't remember things from birth just after a certain point as a baby.
Elves and dark elves in this series are separate species with no particular resentment against each other or moral alignment. There is no "high dark elf" exactly. They have a different race name, but it's basically a higher version of dark elf just like a high elf would be a better version of the normal species.

The reincarnation aspect is mostly just used to provide perspective and inspiration in his magic development through pseudo-science. MC was a normal student with no particular regrets, so this isn't an "I must live life to the fullest to make up for being a shitty person(Mushoku)" or a case of having learned a skill that was somehow necessary in his new life(Knight's and Magic).

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-12-05 at 07:18.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 00:19   Link #33
ndiezel

If MC will become on the level of Saitama then he won't need any distance weapon, just serious series and he can blow up almost everything like it was with Boros.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 03:54   Link #34
NP-3228

"A very high, dark elf." Lol when i saw that was like, "dam being a dark elf means smoking weed? Count me in."
NP-3228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 04:12   Link #35
Aldheild
Definitely Not a Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP-3228 View Post
"A very high, dark elf." Lol when i saw that was like, "dam being a dark elf means smoking weed? Count me in."
You're not alone. I saw:

Quote:
Elk Kirksville. 16. Human. Straight man, girlfriend, and first teammate.
and it took me a minute to figure out that "straight man" was used as in the tsukkomi in a manzai pair. I initially thought that it meant a heterosexual male, and then I saw the word "Girlfriend" and I assumed that the MC is either Gay or Bi....
Aldheild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 04:40   Link #36
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldheild View Post
and it took me a minute to figure out that "straight man" was used as in the tsukkomi in a manzai pair. I initially thought that it meant a heterosexual male, and then I saw the word "Girlfriend" and I assumed that the MC is either Gay or Bi....
Well I changed it for clarity, but I did say girlfriend.
Old 2014-12-04, 04:56   Link #37
Baltoferd

May I suggest that the first girlfriend's name be changed into Elle? I'm okay with Elk, but somehow I kept imagining a woman with elk horns.. So I tried to google エル, and Elle came up (even shown in an official name of a company).
Baltoferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 05:04   Link #38
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltoferd View Post
May I suggest that the first girlfriend's name be changed into Elle? I'm okay with Elk, but somehow I kept imagining a woman with elk horns.. So I tried to google エル, and Elle came up (even shown in an official name of a company).
Sure, that's closer anyway. Atlas and Bing are giving me Ell/El respectively. I think Shelly's name should be translated as Sherry/Sheri as well, but I'm not sure. If anyone wants to do a more accurate character list I'll add it to the OP.
Old 2014-12-04, 19:03   Link #39
NP-3228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldheild View Post
You're not alone. I saw:

haha, I see what you mean. Reading it again I see how it could be misinterpreted. My mind has TOTALLY been infected with Japanese terminology so i immediately though of tsukkomi's. Looks like you haven't had enough manga, ln, anime, and wbs yet.
NP-3228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 19:50   Link #40
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:

Spoiler for Volume One:

I can't say much about how it develops in the future since I'm not there yet, though it's definitely used for various aspects during the first volume. Most likely he will come across a number of siblings as well, and she seemed to be pretty absurdly strong/famous by that worlds standards.
Like mother like son indeed... Both are too carefree...

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, fantasy, harem, mad scientist mc, rape, reincarnation, shotacon, webnovel