Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-10, 23:46   Link #1
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Looking for anything like Canvas 2 ~Niji iro no sketch~

I just finished playing the game Canvas 2 ~Niji iro no sketch~, and even watched the anime adaption, and i loved them. I totally loved them.

As far as the game goes:
I really loved it; i basically started playing VNs and eroges because i wanted to remember school days and first loves. This is actually the second game of this genre i play (The first being G-senjou no Mahou). I liked the background, since it was settled at school, i liked the graphic, since it's just how i prefer it, i liked the gameplay, since i was often prompted with choices to make (unlike G-senjou where you were prompted with a pair of options once every month), i liked the music, because it wasn't annoying and actually fitting with the many moments of the game(loved that sad track playing during dramatic moments) and i loved the plot: it was light, no heavy stuff, just sentimental, romantic and dramatic at the right points. No depressing shit, like person with random disease that condemns him to a life of disgrace whatsoever and other super sad things. Just sadness that comes from broken love relations, incomprehensions, unrequited love, and other small things we humans roll on. That's why i loved it. Of course, after going through all the plot, the reward of fucking your beloved one.

As far as the anime goes:
It was quite different from the VN, and i would have liked some points to be developed more, but it was nonetheless a pure win under my pov; it provided me a good romance story, settled at school (Yes ok, you are a teacher, but really: you are in your early twenties, you look like a 17 years old teenage, your childhood girl is as old as you, and all other girls are <17. It's like you were still a student at my eyes), with a main triangle(It's not necessary to be there a love triangle, i'm okay with a main pair aswell. I just lately noticed that triangles spice the story up, like in To love Ru, Toradora, Kimi na smth and another one) and much drama. A genuine drama, not coming from depressing things like "person in coma, bound to a bed, or cursed with some odd disease that sentences him to eternal suffering and disgrace" but rather from love incomprehensions, not being honest with themselves, and other things along those lines. Lovely ending, even tho i expected another end, tbh
Spoiler for ending:

So, i was looking for any other VN/eroge, or any other anime like Canvas 2 ~Niji iro no sketch~. I think i gave you enough hints. Just stick to the main point: anything like Canvas 2, or that resembles it for the 85% (Jk too high percentage, still that much would be preferred). Since i can't understand any word in jap, the eventual games have to be fully translated in english, and same goes for the animes (Even tho there usually isn't the problem for the latter).

This is the list of titles i've watched so far, with the corresponding vote near it (The vote isn't about the anime itself, but about how much that anime fits my requirements, thus of being a romance blablabla). Since the following animes differ under many point of views, i'll make two separate lists:

Spoiler for LIST:

The only thing to take into account: no ancient stuff. Something from 2003+ will do, and better if it's very recent, but i'm not that picky here.

Free the kraken
Old 2011-12-11, 08:14   Link #2
<3Animesuki<3

have u tried Tokimeki Memorial: Only Love.
its a good one that i liked xD its similar to fortune arterial in some sorta sense, a guy moves to a new school and there's a hot chick etc... but yeh its different <3 it

Angel Beats is another i liked, although the romance doesn't really "kick in" towards the end. Similar to Haruhi though in terms of some of the character's personalities

Soul Link and Uchuu no Stellvia are 2 animes which involve space technology and school life in space. Absolutely <3 them when i first watched then a few yrs back.

Suzuka - an anime about a guy and a girl (obviously >.> wth am i saying?) who start a new yr in school. The school is based around athletics. The girl's a total star, she was scouted and offered a scholarship there and the guy just barely makes it into the school. He likes her, but to her, he resembles someone who she used to love... SPOILERS STOP THERE!!! xD if u wanna know more, watch it =P LOL i have many more recommendations but i gtg now cyas!
Old 2011-12-11, 10:09   Link #3
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Suzuka was already on the Watched list

Anyways, i had Tokimeki Memorial: only love on my list once, but i don't know why i never tried it. Probably i had gotten a little bored. I'll pick it up again.

Angel Beats is already on the Watched list, right after Haruhi.

Never heard of Soul link and Uchuu, so i'll try them out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 2011-12-11, 12:10   Link #4
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
True Tears school setting and love triangles

There's a VN too but it has nothing to do with the anime so I don't know if it'd fit