AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-09, 07:58   Link #1861
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Good episode, I love snow, it's a great setting if not the best to set the right mood, if you know what you are doing, and they knew what to do. It was like they connected the dots they drew in the previous episodes, so not any news, but that fine.
I admit though, the drama didn't hit me that much.
anyways, it's just me or in the first shot of chibi 002 she was labeled as 000? (and speaking of which, wasn't Hiro supposed to be 716?).

A thought to Naomi who I suppose is facing a dire fate.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 15:32   Link #1862
Norn
Dazed and Confused
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Ocean Floor 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Could Hiro be the next Papa candidate? (It was never explained why he is "special". His charisma doesn't suit piloting, but being a leader.) That analysis video was talking about the Golden Bough and the new king kills old king related to rebirth. Planet old and dying reflecting old and dying society.
The problem, is that he's still treated like the other kids. If anything, Hiro's strange tendencies seem to have led to the adults viewing him as both something to study and something to fear. If he were the next APE, why isn't he properly raised towards that end?

I do feel like it kind of clicks with Hiro's odd knowledge, but that also seems to be something entirely specific to him as a person rather than it being learned behavior.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
I wonder why people keep torturing themselves with something if they don't like it. Just move on, there is enough variety (anime shows) out there that would satisfy someones need. What I find weird is how someone disregards a show like Franxx because it didn't go how she/he wanted it to go. I would say grab a pen, write your own story and see if someone would animate it for you. Please, use valid arguments to deem a show bad. Because the reasons I see are more based on what you like to see animated because you're obsessed with a certain genre and not because a show is genuinely bad.
Some people can't help but be overly critical, it comes naturally. Then there's those who like to hatewatch. And let's not forget the contrarians, they're a special kind.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Anyways, it's just me or in the first shot of chibi 002 she was labeled as 000? (and speaking of which, wasn't Hiro supposed to be 716?).

A thought to Naomi who I suppose is facing a dire fate.
Wasn't that theory about Hiro disproved though? I don't see much evidence supporting it.

Someone mentioned it before, but it's safe to say that the revelation of Naomi's fate will be a major turning point in the story. She could be dead, she could be an experiment, or being forced to work extracting magma or something of that order. I'd like to be optimistic and hope some brave liberation force secured her during the chaos of that Klaxosaur attack from ep 1 in the hope that there's at least one group opposing APE, but it's currently just a pipe dream.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 16:36   Link #1863
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This was actually a very powerful episode. The adults seem to have concept of feeling as the kids really are just tools a means to an end. The torture they put zero two through to test her healing ability was beyond cruel. No wonder she acts the way she does. I knew that the two had a connection but i could not have fathom they met before. Hiro accepted her in her true form and the color of blood have real symbolism
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 16:53   Link #1864
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I was more moved by Violet myself, and even more so by SoraYori. This whole episode just felt like more of the same thing when it comes to Hiro and the kind of relationships he builds with the people around him. He's the super nice guy who does nice things for others and they all put him on a pedestal forever. We saw this with Ichigo and Mitsuru. Zero 2 is the same. There's nothing interesting about this sort of dynamic, at least to me. It's the sort of thing you find in your average LN and no matter how hard the show tries to sell it, it comes across as flat to me.

But that's just me. Sales skyrocketed after this episode so at least the Japanese like it.
Would you rather it be a "Everyone Dies" Anime? :P
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 19:59   Link #1865
Top Sergeant
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: By that dark and bloody river called Ohio.
Age: 53
Ep 13 was outstanding. I lost track of all the tie-ins with the previous 12 episodes. I am really interested in seeing what 02 does at the beginning of the next week, how she is going to behave toward Hiro, and what ramifications there are going to be from the observation team.
__________________
The sword that takes life gives life.
-Japanese proverb
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 03:47   Link #1866
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
Am I the only one who wonders why people are gushing over this episode? Every minute I'm like, "Is this supposed to make me feel something for the demon girl?". I do like the show as a whole but I don't feel quite right with the way it seems to say "having a shitty past makes it okay to be a bad person who treats people like shit and uses and kills people without any remorse, and treats your 'darling' like an object".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 03:58   Link #1867
xrick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 30
Well, maybe because the events of her past made her "go" on a "crusade" to find her Darling, with tragic results both to her previous partners and her own reputation.
Knowing someone's background may help (or not) to build an understanding of that someone's circunstances and/or even come to relate with him/her...I guess...?

Well, at least I've never seen her as a "harlot", as you call her, but that's just me
__________________
Looking for suggestions of Portuguese (of Portugal) Publishers that might have an interest in publishing a LN-style Original Novel Series.
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 04:10   Link #1868
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Am I the only one who wonders why people are gushing over this episode? Every minute I'm like, "Is this supposed to make me feel something for the demon girl?". I do like the show as a whole but I don't feel quite right with the way it seems to say "having a shitty past makes it okay to be a bad person who treats people like shit and uses and kills people without any remorse, and treats your 'darling' like an object".
I don't think it says that. Treating people like objects is what the adults do, and they don't look like we're supposed to like them. Zero Two is herself a victim. Sure, she ended up being part of that system, but just because that's literally how she's been raised to be. Acting the way she does is the only limited form of rebellion she can afford, however misguided it is. And it's not like anyone told her "no, look, this is wrong, you should not get in a cockpit with someone ever again". They kept throwing partners at her because they wanted their little experiment to give results, and those guys were just expendable fodder. Treating people like objects might have been her only way to preserve (part of) her sanity.

We're talking people who have been abusing her and torturing her from day one, and who can erase and possibly rewrite her memories. I wouldn't hold someone who grew up in those conditions too responsible for their actions if they turn out a bit fucked up as a result of all that meddling.
__________________
----
What if Goku was super smart and had a thing for philosophy? Find out in The Optimised Wish Project!
----

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 04:55   Link #1869
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Am I the only one who wonders why people are gushing over this episode? Every minute I'm like, "Is this supposed to make me feel something for the demon girl?". I do like the show as a whole but I don't feel quite right with the way it seems to say "having a shitty past makes it okay to be a bad person who treats people like shit and uses and kills people without any remorse, and treats your 'darling' like an object".
What, so her faults now retroactively make her little girl self unworthy of empathy?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 05:45   Link #1870
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Would you rather it be a "Everyone Dies" Anime? :P
No. And honestly I've no idea what you're talking a bout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Am I the only one who wonders why people are gushing over this episode? Every minute I'm like, "Is this supposed to make me feel something for the demon girl?". I do like the show as a whole but I don't feel quite right with the way it seems to say "having a shitty past makes it okay to be a bad person who treats people like shit and uses and kills people without any remorse, and treats your 'darling' like an object".
No but my reason is simply that the relationship between Hiro and 02 isn't compelling enough to feel emotional.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-04-11 at 03:24.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 07:37   Link #1871
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Am I the only one who wonders why people are gushing over this episode? Every minute I'm like, "Is this supposed to make me feel something for the demon girl?". I do like the show as a whole but I don't feel quite right with the way it seems to say "having a shitty past makes it okay to be a bad person who treats people like shit and uses and kills people without any remorse, and treats your 'darling' like an object".
Anh Minh above pretty much nailed it. 02's current self might be bitchy to some people, but her little-girl self was innocent and worth the empathy during the flashback. This is why I have no problem siding with Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Ep.1 coz he was just an innocent slave kid in that movie and the ones he was fighting were space-dicks and their expensive droids (even though my cynical self also have no problem siding with Darth Vader at the height of his career ).
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 13:48   Link #1872
Sakuratsuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
02 was brought up in horrible situations, she didn't learn love and people around her didn't show her love. Except for the Shadow. What do you expect that such a person would have a very good and loving attitude towards others? To me it sounds like people just hate her even if there is no reason for it.
__________________
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 23:52   Link #1873
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Honestly, I don't care for most of the cast in this show, or the setting, or the whole plot either. How they pilot the mechs is dumb, having the mouth move outside of the mech as they talk is dumb, the mech designs are dumb, I mean it's stupidity across the board.

This back story though? I'm fine with it. HONESTLY, IF IT WERE ME, I would literally kill everyone involved. The adults, everyone in the garden, free the kids, some kids next door shit. That's not going to happen though. Ah well.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-10, 23:57   Link #1874
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Honestly, I don't care for most of the cast in this show, or the setting, or the whole plot either. How they pilot the mechs is dumb, having the mouth move outside of the mech as they talk is dumb, the mech designs are dumb, I mean it's stupidity across the board.

This back story though? I'm fine with it. HONESTLY, IF IT WERE ME, I would literally kill everyone involved. The adults, everyone in the garden, free the kids, some kids next door shit. That's not going to happen though. Ah well.
okay? if it is that bad of a show for you, why are you still watching?
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 03:05   Link #1875
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Honestly, I don't care for most of the cast in this show, or the setting, or the whole plot either. How they pilot the mechs is dumb, having the mouth move outside of the mech as they talk is dumb, the mech designs are dumb, I mean it's stupidity across the board.
Next thing you're going to tell me that the humanoid shape is AWFUL for armoured combat, and obviously tanks are a much more sensible option ...

A lot of that is just stylistic flourishes. It's not like the show is exactly meant to be hyper-realistic... TTGL had mechas with expressions and moving mouths too. Sure, it makes no sense that they would literally build them that way, but it makes a lot of sense to make them more expressive in animation to make the scenes more dynamic and interesting to look at.

Also when the Franxx turn on there's something that goes over their faces looking a bit like a holographic display, so if the faces/mouths are simple displays, that makes a lot more sense.
__________________
----
What if Goku was super smart and had a thing for philosophy? Find out in The Optimised Wish Project!
----

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 03:42   Link #1876
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
I acknowledge that past 02 didn't deserve any of the shit she got. However the show is desperately trying to make me forgive present 02, which just won't happen as long as she doesn't show any redeeming qualities in the present day. Re: The Star Wars analogy: Star Wars always tries to sell Darth Vader as "was once a good person", not "is a good person".

Idk who's been throwing shit at the show though? I actually like the show. I just do not like this one aspect of it where it continues to try to make me care about someone who has done very little to make me want to care.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 03:50   Link #1877
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I acknowledge that past 02 didn't deserve any of the shit she got. However the show is desperately trying to make me forgive present 02, which just won't happen as long as she doesn't show any redeeming qualities in the present day. Re: The Star Wars analogy. Star Wars always tries to sell Darth Vader as "was once a good person", not "is a good person".
Zero Two isn't nearly as bad as Vader though, even in the present... the reason why she's lashing out at Hiro now is clearly because she's going through some kind of depressive episode, due to her sense of loss of her own humanity. Vader is a fucking evil genocidal monster. Zero Two, realistically, is mentally unstable (possibly ill) due to her history of heavy abuse. Her "throwing away" partners was never her choice, they would have forced it on her anyway. Of course she got desensitised. Had she to feel the full brunt of her guilt for each of them, she'd have killed herself by now.
__________________
----
What if Goku was super smart and had a thing for philosophy? Find out in The Optimised Wish Project!
----

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 07:20   Link #1878
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
I will not deny what you said. Doesn't make it right though. I will never deny 02 her own agency. And as long as she has agency, she has responsibility.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 07:32   Link #1879
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I will not deny what you said. Doesn't make it right though. I will never deny 02 her own agency. And as long as she has agency, she has responsibility.
Yeah, but all her responsibility boils down to "oh, she acts tough and says some hurtful words to Hiro and doesn't show any concern about the partners who were ordered to couple with her and died as a result of the interaction with her biology she has no control over". That's... not much, certainly not enough to write her off together with someone like Vader. She's definitely redeemable, and in fact I imagine that's the arc her character is going to take (with recent episodes having been somewhat of a set-back, but the last shot of the last one, with her and Hiro crying together over their shared memories, hopefully marking a turning point).

To use her agency here would have meant to rebel outright against authority. She couldn't do that alone, except for those continuous small acts of insubordination she pulled off from Day 1 (bitching about a bath, sneaking up where she wasn't supposed to go, etc.). Now she has at least one ally in Hiro and potentially a giant robot they can commandeer if it comes to that. So if we're to see some rebellion from her, this second half is where it'll come.
__________________
----
What if Goku was super smart and had a thing for philosophy? Find out in The Optimised Wish Project!
----

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-11, 08:20   Link #1880
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
I see no reason to believe that she devoured her previous stamens against her own will though. I see no reason she could not have chosen not to. The scene with Mitsuru all but proves that drinking them dry is something she does of her own will and isn't actually necessary.


Anyway, it's fine. The rest of the show is fine. It's just this one thing I don't like.

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-04-11 at 08:30.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.