AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-30, 22:26   Link #361
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

This season's going to be quite hard to top: if anything, an OVA series or movie following Megumi's story would be most welcome, as some folks have suggested.
Old 2018-03-31, 08:21   Link #362
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Listening to full version of "One Step". It's the song when they went out of the ship during the rain. Really nice song. Gives the feeling of adventure. ^^

Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 08:53   Link #363
Kazu-kun

My favorite track is Sora wo Miagete. Is the insert song for the cool scenes, like when Shirase trashed Hinata's old "friends." lol
Old 2018-03-31, 11:18   Link #364
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Listening to full version of "One Step". It's the song when they went out of the ship during the rain. Really nice song. Gives the feeling of adventure. ^^
Rain? You mean storm right? With major waves....
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 21:40   Link #365
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

This show was a real gem. The story and all the characters were really likable and relatable.

Was great from start to finish.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-01, 00:05   Link #366
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I was wondering if the producers of this show expected this anime to be so well received? Or maybe this is just one of those 12 -13 episode anime that is unexpectedly praised a lot, like Girls und Panzer and Madoka Magica.
Old 2018-04-01, 00:31   Link #367
Kazu-kun

BDs were out of stock everywhere, so I think they didn't expect it to be this successful.
Old 2018-04-01, 01:55   Link #368
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Favorited by more than 1400 users, and ranked #61. This is is one of the highest rated cute girls doing cute things show in MAL. Or maybe this is not categorized as cgdct?
Old 2018-04-01, 10:33   Link #369
ScrewySquirrel

I don't put it in the CGDCT Genre. I put it in the Adventure genre
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-01, 15:28   Link #370
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
I don't put it in the CGDCT Genre. I put it in the Adventure genre
These days it seems like it'd be more accurate to call the genre "CGDX" since not everything in the genre can be defined as "cute things". Motorbikes aren't cute. Mountain climbing is, frankly, not really "cute". Travelling by ship to a barren wasteland of ice is not cute, even if it has penguins. While a whole lot of the things being done are not "cute", it's still popular. Some fail and wind up being literally nothing but "cute girls doing XXX", where you'd have no draw without the cute girls, and the girls' characters are largely centered on making them cute. Others are like this, where it's just icing on a wonderful cake, and the girls have a lot to them besides generic cuteness and a simple passion for life. But no matter how much more there is to it, that won't change the fact that it is a part of that genre. But what's that matter? Most shows and stories are multiple-genre after all. The adventure is a big part of the draw, as is the cuteness. All facets should be embraced.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-01, 22:04   Link #371
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
These days it seems like it'd be more accurate to call the genre "CGDX" since not everything in the genre can be defined as "cute things". Motorbikes aren't cute. Mountain climbing is, frankly, not really "cute". Travelling by ship to a barren wasteland of ice is not cute, even if it has penguins. While a whole lot of the things being done are not "cute", it's still popular. Some fail and wind up being literally nothing but "cute girls doing XXX", where you'd have no draw without the cute girls, and the girls' characters are largely centered on making them cute. Others are like this, where it's just icing on a wonderful cake, and the girls have a lot to them besides generic cuteness and a simple passion for life. But no matter how much more there is to it, that won't change the fact that it is a part of that genre. But what's that matter? Most shows and stories are multiple-genre after all. The adventure is a big part of the draw, as is the cuteness. All facets should be embraced.
I split the Genre into CGDCT and CGDDT:
Cute Girls Doing Cute Things -- Lucky Star, K-On, Flying Witch, Yuru Camp
Cute Girls Doing Difficult Things-- Girls und Panzer, High School Fleet, A Place Further Than The Universe,
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-01, 22:23   Link #372
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post

You think Shirase would be the one with penguin pajamas, but Kimari works too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
BDs were out of stock everywhere, so I think they didn't expect it to be this successful.
Well, it wasn't advertised that much before release, I think, so that's probably to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
I split the Genre into CGDCT and CGDDT:
Cute Girls Doing Cute Things -- Lucky Star, K-On, Flying Witch, Yuru Camp
Cute Girls Doing Difficult Things-- Girls und Panzer, High School Fleet, A Place Further Than The Universe,
Another reminder I should watch GuP, but can't find the motivation to do so even during a 4 day holiday. Also, can you really call camping cute? Besides whenever Rin struggles with the wind, that is.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-02, 02:46   Link #373
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's just...
*puts on sunglasses*
too good.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-02, 06:46   Link #374
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Image gallery from an actual Antarctic Expedition member in Syowa Station comparing the actual station to what's in the show. He apparently watched the show over there, which is kinda awesome.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 07:59   Link #375
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Rain? You mean storm right? With major waves....
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's a raging storm out there. Also my favorite episode rewatched many times over. ^^
The severe nausea from seasickness, I wonder if they exprienced it again on the trip home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
You think Shirase would be the one with penguin pajamas, but Kimari works too.
Kimari is cute in penguin pajamas!

Old 2018-04-05, 21:22   Link #376
Top Sergeant

This series was absolutely incredibly good. Coming of age & adventure. It pulls you in and keeps you fastened onto the screen every episode. Directing, acting, animation, music, pacing, characterization, absolutely everything was top notch.
Old 2018-04-10, 19:00   Link #377
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Forgot to say these about the final episode.. so the 1 message in the Outbox of her mother's laptop is the group picture?

Getting your cd signed by your favorite idol is a great experience (I experienced it in real life too ^^), glad the guy had the courage to approach her.

And lastly, good thing they saw the aurora on the last night there.

What's written at the end.. "let's go on a journey again someday". I hope they make a few special episodes for this anime.
Old 2018-04-30, 06:12   Link #378
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The infamous durian strikes again!

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...14#post6231214
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 21:02   Link #379
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I'm back!

As I said a few weeks ago, I embraced my inner Kimari and signed up to help with this habitat restoration project on San Nicolas Island off the Southern California coast. It was five days of really hard work - we planted 1800 native plants and laid a drip irrigation system for them. But it was also five days of amazing sights, including huge elephant seals and little island foxes.

As we were taking our last five-minute visit to the beach, and I was watching an elephant seal pop up out of the water and check us out, I started formulating what I would post here, and this is what I came up with:

Get out.

Seriously, get out.

Embrace your own inner Kimari, find someplace wild and go there. You won't regret it. You don't have to go to Antarctica or to an island. Find your own place, that appeals to you. Environmental rehab groups are always putting trips together that need volunteers, local groups are organizing hikes and camp-outs, and there's plenty of other stuff around.

Find something somewhere, and take yourself on a journey. You'll be glad you did.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-06, 21:10   Link #380
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

A Place Further Than the Universe Event Heads to Saitama in August

This Sunday, August 12, "A Place Further Than the Universe: A Festival More Fun than Antarctica" is heading to the Saitamashi Bunka Center in Minami Ward, Saitama City, Saitami Prefecture.

Maybe someone will post pics.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote