AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-02, 22:48   Link #1
Alecz

Something stupid i thought about Al (animespoilers)

I know, this is very lame, but im going to say it anyway. So, practically 'the gate' took Al's body along with Ed's arm and leg, but Ed managed to save Al's soul.

Now Wrath has Ed's arm and leg. So couldn't this mean that Al's body is out there, somewhere? Without a soul. Like a homonculi, but can use alchemy.

It gets even dummier here. What if Al's body would be the ultimate villain. Didn't Envy kick crap out of Ed in that lab because Ed had 'his blood' (correct if i had some bad subs or i just remember wrong) And now when we have been introduced to Hohenheim, i can't believe that he could be something that Homonculi (or atleast Envy) hates. What if Envy was talking about Al?

Im sure that this just doens't click, because Al lost his body like, 4 years ago? And whatnot. Just something dumb i came up at night and felt like writing it down somewhere.

Very sorry to took your time and very sorry about my bad english.

edit: said accidentally Ed when meant Al.
Old 2004-08-02, 23:42   Link #2
kamij0

So far as i know in the anime,
Spoiler:

Correct me if i'm wrong.. thanks
Old 2004-08-03, 01:23   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The gate is given a different treatment in the manga.

Spoiler:

What I can still not understand is the meaning of that creepy, ominous eye inside the gate?

What does that 'eye' means? Is it has some relation to the Ouroboros?

Or is it maybe and just maybe to be the "Eye of the Truth"?
Old 2004-08-03, 01:53   Link #4
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecz
I know, this is very lame, but im going to say it anyway. So, practically 'the gate' took Al's body along with Ed's arm and leg, but Ed managed to save Al's soul.

Now Wrath has Ed's arm and leg. So couldn't this mean that Al's body is out there, somewhere? Without a soul. Like a homonculi, but can use alchemy.

It gets even dummier here. What if Al's body would be the ultimate villain. Didn't Envy kick crap out of Ed in that lab because Ed had 'his blood' (correct if i had some bad subs or i just remember wrong) And now when we have been introduced to Hohenheim, i can't believe that he could be something that Homonculi (or atleast Envy) hates. What if Envy was talking about Al?

Im sure that this just doens't click, because Al lost his body like, 4 years ago? And whatnot. Just something dumb i came up at night and felt like writing it down somewhere.

Very sorry to took your time and very sorry about my bad english.

edit: said accidentally Ed when meant Al.

you may have a point there with the whole business of equivalent trade. Trade implies both sides want something they other has. So if you want a soul back you trade something, usually body parts. The mystery here is who wants these body parts? The other homos except the one with eds leg and arm don't have any human body parts, so where did all those bodyparts from the attempted human transmutations go and more importantly who took since it aint the homos in the real world.
Old 2004-08-03, 03:20   Link #5
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
So far as i know in the anime,
Spoiler:

Correct me if i'm wrong.. thanks
I'm afraid you are wrong there because...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-03, 04:20   Link #6
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-03, 04:28   Link #7
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-03, 06:10   Link #8
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
Spoiler:

In fact Sloth herself confirms that she is the Humonculus created by Ed and Al in Ep41 by saying to Ed 'Ed, why couldn't you make me right?'

Juliet Douglas and Sloth are two different people. Juliet Douglas died 16 years before the current events. However Juliet Douglas's identity was adopted by Sloth, Hughes pretty much gave us all the clues.

However there is an anomaly according to Yebyosh's Timeline, Juliet Douglas died 16 years before the current events. However she was involved in instigating the Ishball war 2 years later. Which doesn't make sense, as she should have been dead. Perhaps Yebyosh can clarify whether this is an error...?

Last edited by Sonhex; 2004-08-03 at 06:35.
Old 2004-08-03, 09:39   Link #9
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

Quote:
Trade implies both sides want something they other has.
'fraid you're implying something from the way it's been translated that doesn't actually exist... "exchange" might be a better word. It's only ever been about equivalent value in FMA, never something that someone else wants as such from a transmutation. There's nothing to suggest that some greedy person behind the gate with a limb-fetish is collecting body parts from gullible alchemists.
Old 2004-08-03, 11:52   Link #10
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Question

I still would like to know what someone else brought up: what happened to Al's body? We've seen most of the major character's body parts flying around the place but no sign of his. Maybe I just need to search a little deeper in this forum.
Old 2004-08-04, 14:42   Link #11
DarkAngelZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Juliet Douglas and Sloth are two different people. Juliet Douglas died 16 years before the current events. However Juliet Douglas's identity was adopted by Sloth, Hughes pretty much gave us all the clues.

However there is an anomaly according to Yebyosh's Timeline, Juliet Douglas died 16 years before the current events. However she was involved in instigating the Ishball war 2 years later. Which doesn't make sense, as she should have been dead. Perhaps Yebyosh can clarify whether this is an error...?
Just a theory... J. Douglas (human) died as they said. Envy assumed her identity to start the war (just like he did with the sun god priest at Lior). After some years, Trisha dies and Sloth comes to life and takes J. Douglas position right beside the Fuhrer. Who in their right mind is going to say to the Fuhrer "umm..she's not J. Douglas" when he says she is. And anyone who does find out... goes the same way as Hughes.
Old 2004-08-04, 15:05   Link #12
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngelZ28
Just a theory... J. Douglas (human) died as they said. Envy assumed her identity to start the war (just like he did with the sun god priest at Lior). After some years, Trisha dies and Sloth comes to life and takes J. Douglas position right beside the Fuhrer. Who in their right mind is going to say to the Fuhrer "umm..she's not J. Douglas" when he says she is. And anyone who does find out... goes the same way as Hughes.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-04, 15:29   Link #13
DarkAngelZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
Spoiler:
Ooops...forgot about Martel The only problem I have with Martel's side is they were covert ops. They killed everyone they saw and saw them. But then afterwards a few shots of the war with lot of soldiers and lot of Ishbals is presented. So something must have started that "riot". Probably all of Ishbal knew the soldiers killed their friends.... maybe they just needed a little child getting shot in their faces to turn the mob into a riot. Just throwing ideas up in the air... this is FMA after all
Old 2004-08-04, 23:06   Link #14
Rattus
Nibbling on the drywall

Does it matter exactly who started it? Either way, it was orchestrated by the sins. :-\

Quote:
what happened to Al's body?
We see it briefly in ep 43, time 5:20.
Old 2004-08-05, 00:30   Link #15
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus
Does it matter exactly who started it? Either way, it was orchestrated by the sins. :-\

We see it briefly in ep 43, time 5:20.

Since its still there, there might be a glimpse of hope that he can retrieve his body, so much for speculation that his body may end up in a sin.
Closed Thread