AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-11-11, 16:43   Link #121
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well to be honestly it's not like that sort of "person" don't exist in real world, you can actually find one-dimensional cruel peoples in real world, history give a lot of exemple of that peoples, it's just the world while is not "full black or white" and have some gray it's also don't means which everyone is "gray" you can still find "black peoples(in the sense of evil not color, please no racism intended ) in the same way you can find the "white ones" what is matter is it's personality and external influences.
It's probably even more rare than you might think; scumbags aren't scumbag 24/7, it would be too much effort, nor peoples do evil things simply because they want to do evil thinks.
Old 2017-11-11, 17:09   Link #122
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
It's probably even more rare than you might think; scumbags aren't scumbag 24/7, it would be too much effort, nor peoples do evil things simply because they want to do evil thinks.
well the problem is more like "give powers to them", most of them where "unknow peoples which you only learn about them when they are finally caught, overal you not gonna hear about most of them, specially if they don't live in the same "country" as you, only big evil guys names goes beyound countries barriers, peoples like hittler, like napoleon, like julius cesar(the one which put fire in roma) or caligula or NK ditator kim jon or even our beloved "trump", or many big psychopaths.

Yeah peoples can do evil things just because they want, that is they nature, evil means don't give a shit to anything and do whatever you want for your own sake or your "big vision", the problem is which not every evil person have the same powers to do whatever they want at any time only few of them have it.

This is when i agree in part with bearded man about "how cruel, scum and inhuman can be the world many times, while you can fin overal nice peoples you can still find nasty ones to do a lot of crap bs, that is why slavery and others big shit things still a reality in the world, because we still have scumbags to do and want that things.
Old 2017-11-12, 01:08   Link #123
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So why did he choose to get shot by Photo in the end?

I couldn't come to just one defining answer to that question. There could be so many different answer depending on how one is feeling emotionally.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 02:41   Link #124
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So why did he choose to get shot by Photo in the end?

I couldn't come to just one defining answer to that question. There could be so many different answer depending on how one is feeling emotionally.
for what i could understood he was "dying" anyway, while the poison don't "insta kill" him, he was still under the effect and slowly dying, then since they problably don't have any antidote/remedy to save his life in time then he decided try to 'redem" himself him his last moments and let "her kill him" in a sort of "justice" for what he and the scums where doing to her, while he was a worker under they orders he really don't looked like a scum like the others and things where not "fun" or personal for him then this is was his sort of "sorry for what you get" at last you will be able to punish me and i'm dying anyway then dying by your hands is much better than die by the poison.

I can be wrong ofcourse but that was what i understood from it, he feel which could be a "justice for her dying in her hands instead of the poison effects".
Old 2017-11-12, 15:52   Link #125
ArrowSmith

I wonder if Kino has a similar background to Photo, something very dark and disturbing!
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 18:02   Link #126
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Being a scumbag isn't something that requires effort tho. It's a behavioral thing driven by negative traits like selfishness, hedonism self-entitlement etc, that is validated through one's life experience or environment. You're right that even evil people have loved ones or love something, but it doesn't balance the scale of their crimes so it's really irrelevant that say Hitler own a dog (damnit Godwin!) compared to what he did.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 18:24   Link #127
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
I wonder if Kino has a similar background to Photo, something very dark and disturbing!
Well, she did tell the boy in the last episode (the one who wants to be a traveler, too) that there was a certain amount of violence at the start of her own journey.

The 2003 series includes Kino's origin story. Is that being remade for this series?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-12, 18:49   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
The 2003 series includes Kino's origin story. Is that being remade for this series?
Yes. Colosseum, Kino's backstory and the final story of the 2003 anime are all being remade. So far only Colosseum has aired, and they're probably keeping the last one for the last episode again.

Nevertheless, I encourage everyone who hasn't done so to watch the 2003 anime. It's too good to be missed.
Old 2017-11-12, 20:37   Link #129
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes. Colosseum, Kino's backstory and the final story of the 2003 anime are all being remade. So far only Colosseum has aired, and they're probably keeping the last one for the last episode again.
I am kind of glad than they won't remake ''A peacefull country''; I would fear than they make the violent parts exciting instead of shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
(damnit Godwin!)
If you don't want to go the Godwin rule way, you can always use Nixon instead.
Old 2017-11-12, 22:02   Link #130
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Nevertheless, I encourage everyone who hasn't done so to watch the 2003 anime. It's too good to be missed.
One of the OVAs tells the story of Kino's time with Master, including her switch from using "watashi" to using "boku" as her first-person pronoun.

Also, speaking of the 2003 final episode, that was the voice acting debut for Yuki Aoi, who does the voice for Kino this time around.
Old 2017-11-13, 00:45   Link #131
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
for what i could understood he was "dying" anyway, while the poison don't "insta kill" him, he was still under the effect and slowly dying, then since they problably don't have any antidote/remedy to save his life in time then he decided try to 'redem" himself him his last moments and let "her kill him" in a sort of "justice" for what he and the scums where doing to her, while he was a worker under they orders he really don't looked like a scum like the others and things where not "fun" or personal for him then this is was his sort of "sorry for what you get" at last you will be able to punish me and i'm dying anyway then dying by your hands is much better than die by the poison.

I can be wrong ofcourse but that was what i understood from it, he feel which could be a "justice for her dying in her hands instead of the poison effects".
You're most certainly not wrong cause there is no wrong answer. The cynicism in me wondered if he made her kill him cause she told him her religion doesn't allow for her to kill or hate. I could only imagine the fury he felt at the incongruent nature of such altruism for a society that thrived under the philosophy: survive by any means necessary. ....because survival of the fittest.

This was a wonderful episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-13, 05:37   Link #132
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In the first place that thing is a rifle. She doesn't know how to use one and at the point in time I don't think she'd have been able to shoot herself with it anyway. In a way he wasn't a total shitbag like the rest of his caravan, and he probably wanted to achieve two things with making her inadvertently kill him:

1. A mercy kill. He MIGHT not have ingested enough poison to kill him, or not outright.
2. To prove his point to her.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 13:46   Link #133
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A story about Master this time. She was really hot when she was young. I loved how she got back at those corrupt police officers and government. Amazingly, they actually learned their lesson, even if it was a lesson she didn't really intend to teach them (she really just wanted to get back at them and extort money). That's just how scary she was. Still is, actually.

Loved it when Kino asked the grandpa why he and so many other old men used a cane to walk. We could say it's a rare case of history being rewritten by the losers.
Old 2017-11-24, 12:49   Link #134
wuhugm
Salted Tiger

It doesn't have to be Kino

Ep 8 and the previous ep 7

The protagonists weren't Kino yet the episodes were as or even more interesting than Kino's

Shizu and his dog and now Tea are way more interesting imho

So why must it be Kino's journey?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-24, 19:01   Link #135
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was the first episode that didn't feature Kino at all. I like Shizu and his party so I didn't mind, especially since the stories were interesting. The grenade wasn't a one time thing, it's actually Ti's shtick. Thanks to her, Shizu was able to get out of a rather precarious situation. It could have ended very badly though. I liked how Shizu handled the issue, but I'm not sure it's going to have the intended effect. Their belief that radio waves can control their mind is so strong they might actually go crazy if the policeman spreads Shizu's words.

The second story was cute, with Ti starting to open up to Riku.
Old 2017-11-24, 21:22   Link #136
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I have to commend Ti's fast thinking, even if she had to initially hold a baby hostage. And yes the second part was really cute. I hope we get more episode with Shizu, Ti, and Riku.
Old 2017-11-24, 21:23   Link #137
Violet
メンバー
*Author

the episode was about Shizu and his friends. this is good thing that I can see Shizu again but unfortunately for me the episode was a little boring
Old 2017-11-24, 21:24   Link #138
BloodyKitty
Blue Rose Swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

The protagonists weren't Kino yet the episodes were as or even more interesting than Kino's

Earlier volumes of the original LN featured a lot more Kino's stories.

Later volumes switch between different narratives more frequently, so as of now the LN have 4 sets of main characters: Kino/ Hermes, Shizu/ Riku/ Ti, Master/ Partner, Photo/ Sou. However even in later volumes Kino is still the primary protagonist.

The 2017 anime seems to aim to more balance between the 4 different narratives since we already have 2003 anime dedicated to Kino.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-24, 22:35   Link #139
Renchan
Nyaw~~ X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

Kino's presence in the novel only about 70%, the rest went to Shizu, Master, and Photo. This is discounting chapters where all three/four appear or making cameos like Ship country and Historical country.

If the first story aired few weeks before, it might become a pretty killer jab at a certain Japanese politician who blames anime/manga/game during that murder case fiasco last month.

I wish they keep Riku's narration for the second story, some part felt really empty without anyone speaking. Otherwise, it's pretty cute story.
Old 2017-11-24, 23:17   Link #140
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
If the first story aired few weeks before, it might become a pretty killer jab at a certain Japanese politician who blames anime/manga/game during that murder case fiasco last month.
It reminded me of the Trump/Breitbart/alt-right, especially since the country looked like the USA.

That's not the first country to make me think of Trump, either.

Tags
reboot