AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-08-10, 23:43   Link #21
toru310

@Jinto Lin well regarding the remote thing I can only do over nights with my pc if its my sembreak because my collage papers always piles up and I don't have the time to do over nights..

Quote:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\MyName>tasklist -svc

Image Name PID Services
========================= ====== =============================================
System Idle Process 0 N/A
System 4 N/A
smss.exe 596 N/A
csrss.exe 648 N/A
winlogon.exe 672 N/A
services.exe 716 Eventlog, PlugPlay
lsass.exe 728 PolicyAgent, ProtectedStorage, SamSs
svchost.exe 876 DcomLaunch, TermService
svchost.exe 972 RpcSs
svchost.exe 1008 AudioSrv, CryptSvc, Dhcp, dmserver, ERSvc,
EventSystem, FastUserSwitchingCompatibility,
helpsvc, lanmanserver, lanmanworkstation,
Netman, Nla, RasMan, Schedule, seclogon,
SENS, SharedAccess, ShellHWDetection,
srservice, TapiSrv, Themes, TrkWks, W32Time,
winmgmt, wscsvc, wuauserv, WZCSVC
InCDsrv.exe 1032 InCDsrv
svchost.exe 1192 Dnscache
svchost.exe 1256 LmHosts, RemoteRegistry, SSDPSRV, WebClient
aswUpdSv.exe 1324 aswUpdSv
ashServ.exe 1372 avast! Antivirus
spoolsv.exe 1544 Spooler
GoogleUpdaterService.exe 1668 gusvc
nvsvc32.exe 1712 NVSvc
ashMaiSv.exe 1916 avast! Mail Scanner
ashWebSv.exe 1936 avast! Web Scanner
alg.exe 224 ALG
explorer.exe 568 N/A
SOUNDMAN.EXE 1252 N/A
rundll32.exe 1312 N/A
ashDisp.exe 828 N/A
daemon.exe 1596 N/A
InCD.exe 1648 N/A
apdproxy.exe 1768 N/A
ctfmon.exe 2112 N/A
msmsgs.exe 2128 N/A
GoogleUpdater.exe 2172 N/A
Rainlendar.exe 2220 N/A
Rainmeter.exe 2228 N/A
svchost.exe 2392 stisvc
BitComet.exe 3664 N/A
YAHOOM~1.EXE 3788 N/A
firefox.exe 3460 N/A
cmd.exe 1868 N/A
tasklist.exe 2944 N/A
wmiprvse.exe 3000 N/A

C:\Documents and Settings\MyName>
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 05:41   Link #22
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

When you wrap the [CODE] [/CODE] tags around your text instead of the [QUOTE] [/QUOTE] tags you won't lose the formating (spaces between the table column).

The InCDsrv.exe is propably not used (a Nero service allowing to use a CD/DVD-RW like a hard drive). So this can be uninstalled (try the Nero setup to unsinstall it or disable InCD by switching over to the Services tab and setting the Startup Mode of this service to Disabled)

So you are running Avast AND AVG antivirus... well I suppose this in itself might use up quite a lot of performance (but if you feel saver with too anti virus tools running at the time uninstall neither of them - for you information afaik AVG is the less performance hungry of the two... in contrast Avast is quite intrusive given the number of started processes: aswUpdSv.exe, ashServ.exe, ashMaiSv.exe, ashWebSv.exe, ashDisp.exe)

SOUNDMAN doesn't run as service, thus I think it just belongs to your onboard sound driver (and not the AGOBOT)

Rainmeter.exe I am not sure about how much resources it takes (it is an always active windows application and can contribute to CPU load, though I think it isn't a too intrusive desktop gadget)

btw. this thing here could help you to identify performance hungry processes:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...%78plorer.mspx

One more thing... can I ask how large you setup the cache-file size for Firefox?
Old 2007-08-11, 07:15   Link #23
Sides

Dumb question, when was the last time you've cleaned your system, i mean physically clean up the dust inside the casing. Check your cables and connector.
Others have already pointed out, if you're HDD is completly fragmented it can cause trouble.
To me it sound that some hardware is being disconnected during your winows sessions. I would check the HDDs first and the PCI card, if you have any installed.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 07:45   Link #24
toru310

@Jinto Lin how can
Quote:
One more thing... can I ask how large you setup the cache-file size for Firefox?
one more thing I use rainmeter not because of its flashy features but to monitor cpu usage so that I don't have to crt alt delete every time.. I will also uninstall what you recommended.. this is also the one who that tells me "hey your stressing your cpu" when I go to some torrent site.

@Sides My pc was not cleaned for 3 months straight and I still not yet tried to defragment my drive because I'm still downloading huge files installers anime etc... It requires some space just need to transfer my files to another drive but I think it might take a while since its 15gb...

Thanks in advance..

Off topic:
I bought a Genius netscroll usb optical bla bla and a mouse pad..when ever I use the mouse with the pad underneath it goes crazy some times but when I use the mouse without a pad it goes fine...why is this happening? is my mouse busted or something??
Old 2007-08-11, 11:08   Link #25
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

If you really want to take a crack at what services you do not need running in the background, might I suggest Blackviper? Blackviper is well known to finding out what services need to be run and does an excellent job explaining each service in Windows XP and Vista. This is his website - http://www.blackviper.com/ .
TakutoKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 13:10   Link #26
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
@Jinto Lin how can...
in FF Extras->Settings->extended/more (last tab)->network->Cache

I usually use a small cache like 50 Mbyte or so

Quote:
one more thing I use rainmeter not because of its flashy features but to monitor cpu usage so that I don't have to crt alt delete every time.. I will also uninstall what you recommended.. this is also the one who that tells me "hey your stressing your cpu" when I go to some torrent site.
Your still much too frightend
I use a Folding at Home client. That is stressing my CPU always at 100%, since it utilizes all the not used performance for folding molecule models. (the link in my signature will show you the Animesuki Folding at Home team *advertise advertise* )

I mean CPU load is much less a problem then constant usage of mechanical parts like in hdds. The CPU and RAM can be considered most stable in a PC and are (if not overclocked or overheated) designed to be used 24/7 at 100% for several years without going bad.

Quote:
Off topic:
I bought a Genius netscroll usb optical bla bla and a mouse pad..when ever I use the mouse with the pad underneath it goes crazy some times but when I use the mouse without a pad it goes fine...why is this happening? is my mouse busted or something??
Every optical mouse has a certain resolution for scanning what is below the light sensor. If the mouse pad has a surface of certain roughness or is printed with a similar resolution, chances are that a so called moiré effect exists, that causes chaotic behaviour of the light sensor, since even the smallest changes in position can alter the mioré effects appearence significantly enough to fool the sensor. The result could be the mouse arrow will be in an unresting state (flickering) even though the mouse stands still or that the mouse arrow hardly moves at all.
Old 2007-08-11, 17:35   Link #27
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Not sure if Rainmeter offers anything special over the Windows monitor, but you can actually have the monitor start up automatically through Windows. It's easy.

1. Right click > New shortcut
2. Right click shortcut and select properties
3. Target should be %windir%\system32\taskmgr.exe
4. Start in: %windir%
5. Shortcut key: none
If you usually minimized your meter to the dock (near the clock), then for Run you should select Minimized. If you don't select this, the task manager will just pop up; with this, it'll start in the dock instead. Pretty nifty way to save on time.

Note that sometimes the task manager won't show in the dock if your system recovered from a crash. To fix this, just open it manually (ctrl+alt+del) and close it (click on the X). Then reopen it and minize it - it'll go to the taskbar again.

This all assumes that you have your task manager set to minimize to the dock, which is not the default setting; normally it goes to the taskbar.

Now just drag and drop your new shortcut to the Startup folder in the start menu. To do this easily:

1. Right click taskbar > Properties
2. Select the Start Menu tab, and then click on Customize
3. Click Advanced

You should now see your start menu from an explorer window, with a tree and all. Note that I'm explaining this with my start menu in Classic mode; it may be a bit different if you're using the Windows XP default.
Old 2007-08-11, 20:00   Link #28
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post

Now just drag and drop your new shortcut to the Startup folder in the start menu. To do this easily:

1. Right click taskbar > Properties
2. Select the Start Menu tab, and then click on Customize
3. Click Advanced

You should now see your start menu from an explorer window, with a tree and all. Note that I'm explaining this with my start menu in Classic mode; it may be a bit different if you're using the Windows XP default.
I thought your post was pretty good up until here. To simplify this:

1. Right click START button and select "explore."

That will make it a bit easier.
Old 2007-08-11, 20:31   Link #29
toru310

@Jinto Lin I only 50mb in cache..
Spoiler:

And sadly the mouse pad have images on it and the colors are colliding the colors are blue and light blue. And actually your right it goes crazy when I move it from blue to light blue sometimes..

@Ledgem actually when rainmeter is not minimize it monitors many things like harddrives, ram both stick and virtual, your downloading speed and etc..though not pretty sure if this is really handy..its just may opinion..
Well I learned something new about the task manager think I thought that was impossible to just put it in the taskbar. Many thanks..

@matradley thanks for sharing I would try the program your recommend..
Old 2007-08-11, 20:42   Link #30
TakutoKun
Mew Member
*IT Support

Quote:
@matradley thanks for sharing I would try the program your recommend..
Never a problem.
Old 2007-08-11, 21:46   Link #31
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
@Jinto Lin I only 50mb in cache..
Spoiler:
Okay looks good.