AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-09, 06:33   Link #41
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

currently have 45 stars and I finally entered the Library to find out Princess Rosalina is reading a story to the Lumas...and its pretty interesting.
Is the story related to her being a mother to these Lumas??
And her mother...she seems to resemble Peach...in hairstyle and maybe face, since they ddin't show her face...interesting story...I currently got up to chapter 5 with the story book, but I want more from it, so I gotta get more stars.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 11:56   Link #42
mistershow

Who has this game????

Is this game really awesome - I want to buy it for one of my brothers for Christmas - should i?
mistershow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 16:19   Link #43
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Yes. Yes you should. Of course, if your brother is the type that likes FPS games overall, it might not appeal, but I believe it's a game nearly everybody can find some enjoyment in. Of course, I'm horribly bias at this point, but still.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 08:52   Link #44
better

This game is long awaited by the people so every one is going to get it as it will launch on the internet. atleast i am going to make the download of that game instantly.
better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 19:51   Link #45
DesoNoto

Can't wait to buy this game. Looks great, and plus it's Nintendo!
DesoNoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 21:57   Link #46
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05
Is the story related to her being a mother to these Lumas??
Indeed it is. Quite a sad story too, especially for a Mario game. Then again, recent Mario games have been surprising me. I never expected
Spoiler for Super Paper Mario:
in Super Paper Mario.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 23:08   Link #47
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I got the game, and must say that it's really fun game, though I only have 7stars. And I really love the music in the game, probably one of the best music I heard in games. Can't wait to get all the stars I heard that there is 120, so oh men it's gonna take a while, which is good.
Old 2007-12-16, 23:28   Link #48
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
got it... its very good. better than mario 64
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 23:58   Link #49
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
Indeed it is. Quite a sad story too, especially for a Mario game. Then again, recent Mario games have been surprising me. I never expected
Spoiler for Super Paper Mario:
in Super Paper Mario.
yea I was surprised by the sadness surrounding the story and its a Mario game...usually in Mario games, there aren't many points in the game where there is a deep story developing...well maybe for the exception of the Paper Mario series, but if its a regular platforming Mario game, usually there isn't a deep story developing.
well I currently have 73 stars and Princess Rosalina is giving me the option of going towards the galaxy to where Princess Peach is located...man that was fast, but before I want to finish this game and see the ending, I want to collect all 120 stars first...hahhah but everytime I go to the lobby of the Observatory, I have the urging feeling of going over to where Peach is...errrr, but I heard that if you collect 120 stars, you get an extra scene in the ending concerning Princess Rosalina.
Old 2007-12-17, 03:52   Link #50
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
well I currently have 73 stars and Princess Rosalina is giving me the option of going towards the galaxy to where Princess Peach is located...man that was fast, but before I want to finish this game and see the ending, I want to collect all 120 stars first...hahhah but everytime I go to the lobby of the Observatory, I have the urging feeling of going over to where Peach is...errrr, but I heard that if you collect 120 stars, you get an extra scene in the ending concerning Princess Rosalina.
Unfortunately, at some point you'll have to go rescue Peach. There's at least a dozen stars that can't be collected until you've beaten the end once. Then you get thrown back in and can finish off the 120 to get the second play through.

But yeah, there's a bit added onto the ending for 120 stars. Plus there's that replay option with a new character... I figure everyone pretty much knows about it now, but I've already said it in spoiler tags before. You have to reclaim all 120 stars with him though to get the final, 121st star. Once you do, the star's area is unlocked for both profiles.

On Super Paper Mario, the story's tone got me too, but the most surprising thing was
Spoiler:

Last edited by Alexandrite; 2007-12-19 at 12:16.
Old 2007-12-19, 05:27   Link #51
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
Unfortunately, at some point you'll have to go rescue Peach. There's at least a dozen stars that can't be collected until you've beaten the end once. Then you get thrown back in and can finish off the 120 to get the second play through.

But yeah, there's a bit added onto the ending for 120 stars. Plus there's that replay option with a new character... I figure everyone pretty much knows about it now, but I've already said it in spoiler tags before. You have to reclaim all 120 stars with him though to get the final, 121st star. Once you do, the star's area is unlocked for both profiles.

On Paper Mario, the story's tone got me too, but the most surprising thing was
Spoiler:
yea I've been wondering about that...I've read in some faqs that some galaxies are supposed to have the "100 purple coins" challenge meteor thing....is that something that happens after beating the game once?? I still haven't done that challenge yet.
And yea, its been spoiled and kind of obvious, but I know whose this character that we get to play as after getting all stars...but I didn't know that you have to get all 120 with him again just to get the 121st. star.

BTW, the spoiler for the paper mario, is that for Super Paper Mario?
that spoiler sounds pretty interesting.
Old 2007-12-19, 12:15   Link #52
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
yea I've been wondering about that...I've read in some faqs that some galaxies are supposed to have the "100 purple coins" challenge meteor thing....is that something that happens after beating the game once?? I still haven't done that challenge yet.
And yea, its been spoiled and kind of obvious, but I know whose this character that we get to play as after getting all stars...but I didn't know that you have to get all 120 with him again just to get the 121st. star.

BTW, the spoiler for the paper mario, is that for Super Paper Mario?
that spoiler sounds pretty interesting.
Ah. Yes, it's for Super Paper Mario. Oops. ^^;

Yup! Have fun going through all of those stars again. Mwahaha. You can go ahead and rescue Peach at any time, because they'll let you jump back in after the credits roll. After that, there's the Purple Comet, which produces the 100 Purple Coin challenges, and some of them are... ugh. Especially with the second character, whose movements are a bit different from Mario's.
Old 2007-12-21, 18:38   Link #53
Scala Caeli
Assassin Lord

I really liked the commercial music for Super Mario Galaxy. It was so catchy.
Scala Caeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 10:50   Link #54
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I really like this game, Its got nice music and the graphics are really good.
Its easier than I expected though but i haven't finished it yet.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 15:36   Link #55
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I like the fact that when I went to battle Bowser for the first time Koji Kondo chose to give me back my favourite tune from Super Mario 64 Koopa Road. I loved how dramatic that song was leading up the confrontations with Bowser and they recreated the feeling of it perfecting, both in terms of stage design and the music.

Here's the new remix and here's the classic version from Super Mario 64.

And to think that I read on Wikipedia that the composer helping Kondo, Mahito Yokota, originally wanted the game to feature Latin instruments and pop music. I can't even begin to imagine how the game would have sounded with that OST. Kondo was apparently very harsh on him (I would be too with that kind of idea) and told him his 28 pieces were no good and had to be redone. Eventually Miyamoto approved an orchestral soundtrack by Kondo and that's how we ended up with the current masterpiece. I wonder if this Yokota will ever be given that much responsibility again. It sounds like it might have even delayed the game release as it took 3 months to get things just right.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-12-28 at 15:58.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 06:39   Link #56
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

so far, 87 stars and going up...hopefully I will get to finish this game before new years day rolls in.
But I got to the chapter about the girl and her telescope...and man did the whole feel of the storybook story changed...and so did the music....and the ending to that chapter...I wasn't expecting it at all (Kind of reminded me of the Kanon and Clannad in terms of drama...)!! It sure was a sad ending to that chapter...Mario Galaxy has a deep side story that is usually unusual in most Mario games.