Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-21, 05:23   Link #2921
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quen View Post
Since I loved the CC and Lelouch scene so, I felt compelled to make a clean translation.

My Japanese is fairly fluent, I have lived in Japan etc., but I have put in italics any lines/words that I felt could be translated ina different/better way.

My headset is currently dying on me, only hearing out of one end at poor volume and I only have the low quality raw to listen to, so that was another problem.

Japanese is much, much more dependent on context than English, and I'd rather add as few words from my own as possible from my own mind, so this is a very literal translation, apologizes for the weird English

Lelouch walks in the room, towards C.C.

Lelouch: CC! Are you OK?

C.C.: Thats rare. Are you worried about me?

L:That's an important fighting unit eh?
(sound is crap, used context to come up with 'unit')

C: That's why I came bringing that.

As C.C. spoke, camera pans toward the shield/crest thingy with golden pointy thing at the front besides the Pink Lancelot

L: So, I'll be asking for your help/cooperation.

C:Are you really going to come out? That might end up firing at Nanali.
[She refers to Lelouch sortying in the Shinkirou. She may/may not be referring to Lelouch firing at Nanali. Not entirely certain what 'that' is refering to, but the sentences meaning is obvious]

L: If it's an obstacle to Zero Requiem, there's nothing that can be done about it.

C: Zero, are you regretting me? Giving you Geass, it changed your destiny greatly...

L: For a witch, thats not like you

C.C. turns around to face Lelouch, close zoom in on Lelouch

L: CC, the Geass you gave me... because you were with me, I was able to begin moving. (literally: come out and walk: 歩き出すことができたんだ)

Everything I am has been since that point.
[i.e., that moment made me everything I have become]
(Hard to translate line since my sound is crappy at one important part. I'm hearing: そこの先な事全て俺の事。。。)

C: Thats a first, (for) a man like you...

L: C.C....

The two walk towards each other, the Guren attacks

Roon has already translated the last line from Lelouch to C.C. (as he whips off his hat) excellenty, so I didn't bother with that.

(Hoping this doesn't require a spoiler tag? Seeing other translations untagged, so apologize if Im breaking a rule here)
Thanks a lot. I will rep you right now. That was so sweet XD
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 05:24   Link #2922
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Since I loved the CC and Lelouch scene so, I felt compelled to make a clean translation.

My Japanese is fairly fluent, I have lived in Japan etc., but I have put in italics any lines/words that I felt could be translated ina different/better way.

My headset is currently dying on me, only hearing out of one end at poor volume and I only have the low quality raw to listen to, so that was another problem.

Japanese is much, much more dependent on context than English, and I'd rather add as few words from my own as possible from my own mind, so this is a very literal translation, apologizes for the weird English

Lelouch walks in the room, towards C.C.

Lelouch: CC! Are you OK?

C.C.: Thats rare. Are you worried about me?

L:That's an important fighting unit eh?
(sound is crap, used context to come up with 'unit')

C: That's why I came bringing that.

As C.C. spoke, camera pans toward the shield/crest thingy with golden pointy thing at the front besides the Pink Lancelot

L: So, I'll be asking for your help/cooperation.

C:Are you really going to come out? That might end up firing at Nanali.
[She refers to Lelouch sortying in the Shinkirou. She may/may not be referring to Lelouch firing at Nanali. Not entirely certain what 'that' is refering to, but the sentences meaning is obvious]

L: If it's an obstacle to Zero Requiem, there's nothing that can be done about it.

C: Zero, are you regretting me? Giving you Geass, it changed your destiny greatly...

L: For a witch, thats not like you

C.C. turns around to face Lelouch, close zoom in on Lelouch

L: CC, the Geass you gave me... because you were with me, I was able to begin moving. (literally: come out and walk: 歩き出すことができたんだ)

Everything I am has been since that point.
[i.e., that moment made me everything I have become]
(Hard to translate line since my sound is crappy at one important part. I'm hearing: そこの先な事全て俺の事。。。)

C: Thats a first, (for) a man like you...

L: C.C....

The two walk towards each other, the Guren attacks

Roon has already translated the last line from Lelouch to C.C. (as he whips off his hat) excellenty, so I didn't bother with that.

(Hoping this doesn't require a spoiler tag? Seeing other translations untagged, so apologize if Im breaking a rule here)
Cool, thanks for taking the time to translate.

That pretty much made my day. "^^
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 05:26   Link #2923
Guilford
Cornelia's First Knight

As a sidenote, her smile from the preview was after Lelouch said the part about her giving him Geass.
Guilford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 05:38   Link #2924
Quen

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
I honestly don't know how people got C.C. handing Lelouch to Kallen on a silver platter from that dialogue.

I'm guessing that refers to C.C.'s line to Kallen right before her Lancelot is destroyed, perhaps?

C.C.: This is your victory.
(これ、お前のかちだ。)

Kallen: I don't care about that sort of thing. See ya/Goodbye.
(どうでもいいよそんな事。 じゃね)
[Kallen's 'Ja ne' is a rather brusque way of saying 'bye' here.]

The Guren destroys the Pink Lancelot.

I definitely remember understanding C.C. giving up it in the context of the mechafight, but I don't remember it vividly and I'm not going back to watch it again, I'm too tired to translate more.

Also, made some changes to my translation post, too bad the quotes quoting me don't auto-update

Thanks for the thanks, was a pleasure.

Last edited by Quen; 2008-09-21 at 06:18.
Quen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 05:40   Link #2925
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Kallen didn't say her gum line to C.C. (why did some people said she said it to C.C.?)

Anyway, this ep shows Lelouch x C.C. for sure. That's the first time Lelouch shows that kind of reaction (walking toward C.C. and said her name with really gentle voice.)

Next week is going to be a conclusion of all. (I need C.C.'s real name and who's going to end up with Lelouch. I do care for other things, but these two is the main point.)

P.S. I'm pretty sure C.C. is alive. So the Lelouch x C.C. hiding (living) together somewhere is possible.

P.S. 2.....Kallen, I was always okay with you until this ep. Why do you have to burst in and interrupt Lelouch x C.C. sweetest moment!? TT_TT
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 05:44   Link #2926
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post

P.S. 2.....Kallen, I was always okay with you until this ep. Why do you have to burst in and interrupt Lelouch x C.C. sweetest moment!? TT_TT
Haha, it was payback for epi 9. But yeah, Kallen was a bit..off last epi. {still on the top of my fav charas though}
C.C was total awesome though and it was nice to see Lulu smiling again. {talking to CC}
Old 2008-09-21, 05:46   Link #2927
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Haha, it was payback for epi 9. But yeah, Kallen was a bit..off last epi. {still on the top of my fav charas though}
C.C was total awesome though and it was nice to see Lulu smiling again. {talking to CC}
I need some more time to put Kallen back into one of my favorite characters TT_TT.

All hail Lelouch x C.C.!!!

Lelouch x C.C. จงเจริญ!!!
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 06:08   Link #2928
cheesechan

Ow, Quen, thanks you very much! I love CluClu <3 [Damn Karen è_é]
So, this translation is wrong?

Lelouch & C.C.:
Lulu with C.C. basically went.: "Oh, you came back safe" "were you worried about me?" "well, duh, we've been in this together this whole damn time, you witch" "lelouch, you sure you wanna do this (his plan to take down schneizel)" "yeah, I gotta, but I'm a gonna come back and a make you happy" ::romantic tension and kiss-- or not cause Kallen busts in::
cheesechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 06:13   Link #2929
Quen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesechan View Post
Ow, Quen, thanks you very much! I love CluClu <3 [Damn Karen è_é]
So, this translation is wrong?

Lelouch & C.C.:
Lulu with C.C. basically went.: "Oh, you came back safe" "were you worried about me?" "well, duh, we've been in this together this whole damn time, you witch" "lelouch, you sure you wanna do this (his plan to take down schneizel)" "yeah, I gotta, but I'm a gonna come back and a make you happy" ::romantic tension and kiss-- or not cause Kallen busts in::

Thanks , I've loved C.C. since Season 1, so I enjoyed doing it

Well, mostly everything up to Lelouch saying 'but Im gonna come back.." is not exactly an obvious mistranslation, even if it's worded very slangy. Last line of Lelouch is competely wrong, though.

It just sounds like someone did that from memory after watching the episode and did a loose translation and misremembered C.C.'s line to Lelouch about "coming back... smile, etc" after the Guren's attack.
Old 2008-09-21, 06:22   Link #2930
cheesechan

Quote:
Thanks , I've loved C.C. since Season 1, so I enjoyed doing it
Me too! C.C. is my favorite character since first season and I have just finished my cheese-kun *_* it's so cuteee <3
However, it's too soon to proclaiming "CluClu is finally Canon!"? ;_;
Old 2008-09-21, 06:28   Link #2931
Quen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesechan View Post
Me too! C.C. is my favorite character since first season and I have just finished my cheese-kun *_* it's so cuteee <3
However, it's too soon to proclaiming "CluClu is finally Canon!"? ;_;
Hehe, that sort of analysis is not in my skill-set, best I can do is translate. But yes, I'd say it's technically too early to say "official".
Old 2008-09-21, 06:43   Link #2932
cheesechan

Quote:
Hehe, that sort of analysis is not in my skill-set, best I can do is translate. But yes, I'd say it's technically too early to say "official".
I can't wait another 7 days ;_;
But... I not even want that CG finish, I cannot think my next sundays without the anxiety for the episode! Urgh T_T
Old 2008-09-21, 06:43   Link #2933
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
does kallen taking her down mean that C.C wont play a part in the final ep (at least on the damocles)
Old 2008-09-21, 06:47   Link #2934
Elicit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
does kallen taking her down mean that C.C wont play a part in the final ep (at least on the damocles)
Eh, not sure. C.C. has a knack for appearing at the most random or convenient of times.
Elicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 06:49   Link #2935
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elicit View Post
Eh, not sure. C.C. has a knack for appearing at the most random or convenient of times.
a flying fortress miles over the earth which is srrounded by a forcefield
thats would be some trick
Old 2008-09-21, 06:52   Link #2936
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
a flying fortress miles over the earth which is srrounded by a forcefield
thats would be some trick
Do we have to remember you that cornelia got out of the damocles using teleportation and that zombie guilford waited for her all this time?

And I remember at least one person who said to me to not say that "everything can happen"

Well, I am happy, because I'm rooting for cornelia X Guilford too !!!

Edit: oh you're using my sig, that's cool ^o^
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 06:53   Link #2937
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

I can see C.C venturing somewhere on the earth, when the series ends, like when showing some scenes along the OTP/ED, and I'll be sure to hate that moment so much :"(
But we won't be sure untill the next episode, haven't watched the current one either, tho
Old 2008-09-21, 06:54   Link #2938
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
I can see C.C venturing somewhere on the earth, when the series ends, like when showing some scenes along the OTP/ED, and I'll be sure to hate that moment so much :"(
But we won't be sure before the next episode, haven't watched the current one tho

Oh no, do not want. :/

I want a fairly good ending. All of them looking at the valley is cheesy enough? "^^
Old 2008-09-21, 06:58   Link #2939
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Do we have to remember you that cornelia got out of the damocles using teleportation and that zombie guilford waited for her all this time?

And I remember at least one person who said to me to not say that "everything can happen"

Well, I am happy, because I'm rooting for cornelia X Guilford too !!!

Edit: oh you're using my sig, that's cool ^o^
good point
Old 2008-09-21, 06:59   Link #2940
cheesechan

Quote:
Why? ò_ò
Instead, I think that C.C. will have a part in the next (last) episode. She's one of the main characters, the first who's appear in first episode of first season. I doubt that she won't be there in the last episode, no? ...even if she's my favorite character and a terrible destiny usually waiting my favorite characters ;__;