AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-28, 15:55   Link #941
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
is he really ?
too bad, i liked him

anyway, what were the two of you talking about again ?
Honestly, I'm not even sure anymore

Well, I was talking about the apparent Shirley hate that's been going around on 2chan (of which I know almost nothing) and piercing was talking about the old Korean spoilers that came out about a year ago that had Shirley listed as Lelouch's "lover." So yeah...
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 15:56   Link #942
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the one that said "lelouch lost...
lover : shierly
that one ?
Old 2009-07-28, 19:15   Link #943
ginran
~Smile~

They added Masquerade to Shirley's death scene, instead of the original BGM, The Ruins As They Were, in the ZR Special Edition. Before that scene, Shirley said her narration, but, sadly, I dont speak Japanese and the clip I saw had no subs....

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 20:20   Link #944
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
They added Masquerade to Shirley's death scene, instead of the original BGM, The Ruins As They Were, in the ZR Special Edition. Before that scene, Shirley said her narration, but, sadly, I dont speak Japanese and the clip I saw had no subs....
They did? Wow, that's incredible. Some people had speculated about the idea of that, but I didn't think the CG staff would actually do it. As painful as it will be for me to watch, I'm gonna have to see it.

@blade: That does sound a bit familiar, so yes, probably.

EDIT: Do you have a link perhaps?

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2009-07-28 at 20:41.
Old 2009-07-28, 21:27   Link #945
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
They did? Wow, that's incredible. Some people had speculated about the idea of that, but I didn't think the CG staff would actually do it. As painful as it will be for me to watch, I'm gonna have to see it.

@blade: That does sound a bit familiar, so yes, probably.

EDIT: Do you have a link perhaps?
Am I allowed to post a link to that kind of thing? Lol I will if I can, but CG is licensed, so....I'm sorry, I'm not too sure of the rules about this.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 21:37   Link #946
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Am I allowed to post a link to that kind of thing? Lol I will if I can, but CG is licensed, so....I'm sorry, I'm not too sure of the rules about this.
Hmm, come to think of it, that is an excellent question. Eh, better safe than sorry. You better not post it here

You can PM me
Old 2009-07-29, 04:48   Link #947
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Ah, I'm finally back! Sorry that I haven't been here, but I was away in Japan for a month. But now I'm back to post!

So that's what they did to Shirley's death scene? Damn...I agree with you, Nobodyman. As painful as it will be, I have to see that too. Makes me wish I had bought the Zero Requiem DVD while I was over there. Is there any news of any other ShirLulu related material from the DVD? I'm pretty sure adding Masquerade into her death scene wouldn't be enough to cause a massive hate campaign like you've described.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 05:37   Link #948
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Ahh Finally, they did it !
Shirley's scene was the least touching to me because of the lack of insert song. And I liked Shirley better than Rolo, that was a waste. Now with her song, I'm sure that should be awesome, she really needed a best BGM.

I wouldn't be against a PM as well :3

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 14:05   Link #949
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Ah, I'm finally back! Sorry that I haven't been here, but I was away in Japan for a month. But now I'm back to post!

So that's what they did to Shirley's death scene? Damn...I agree with you, Nobodyman. As painful as it will be, I have to see that too. Makes me wish I had bought the Zero Requiem DVD while I was over there. Is there any news of any other ShirLulu related material from the DVD? I'm pretty sure adding Masquerade into her death scene wouldn't be enough to cause a massive hate campaign like you've described.
Wow. You were in Japan? That's cool. Anyway, I don't think there's any other confirmed Shirley/Shirlulu material that I'm aware of, but hopefully we'll get a full translation soon. But why would the new Masquerade dub cause a boatload of hate for her? I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Ahh Finally, they did it !
Shirley's scene was the least touching to me because of the lack of insert song. And I liked Shirley better than Rolo, that was a waste. Now with her song, I'm sure that should be awesome, she really needed a best BGM.

I wouldn't be against a PM as well :3
Indeed, this should be quite an epic scene. And yeah, forget about it ginran. You don't have to PM the scene or anything. We'll all get it our own ways outside the forum.
Old 2009-07-30, 03:37   Link #950
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Thanks to Ginran again, I had this chance to watch the ZR death scene and...yeah.

It's nothing like the previous scene, it's much more epic, now she can fits to Geass epic death scene list and join Euphie, Lulu, and Rolo, to heaven :P
Masquerade <3

Old 2009-07-30, 03:49   Link #951
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Thanks to Ginran again, I had this chance to watch the ZR death scene and...yeah.

It's nothing like the previous scene, it's much more epic, now she can fits to Geass epic death scene list and join Euphie, Lulu, and Rolo, to heaven :P
Masquerade <3
Ah yes, I too watched it. To be quite honest I'm not sure how much I enjoyed this new death scene. Masquerade seems kind of...upbeat I guess (I'm not sure what the word is I'm looking for) On one hand I guess that does make her death scene a little more tolerable and not quite as sad, but on the other hand it's her death scene so it should be sad! Ah, I'm so conflicted. But yeah, I guess it's still more grand than simple BGM.
Old 2009-07-30, 03:53   Link #952
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Ah yes, I too watched it. To be quite honest I'm not sure how much I enjoyed this new death scene. Masquerade seems kind of...upbeat I guess (I'm not sure what the word is I'm looking for) On one hand I guess that does make her death scene a little more tolerable and not quite as sad, but on the other hand it's her death scene so it should be sad! Ah, I'm so conflicted. But yeah, I guess it's still more grand than simple BGM.

But Masquerade is Sad !
The first death scene wasn't really sad for me...iit seemed kinda rushed and had Lelouch not give this scream at the end, I would have forget it easil.
Now, even if I am not a Shirley fan, her death scene is amazing, like others.
This version is sad, really.

Old 2009-07-30, 03:59   Link #953
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
But Masquerade is Sad !
The first death scene wasn't really sad for me...iit seemed kinda rushed and had Lelouch not give this scream at the end, I would have forget it easil.
Now, even if I am not a Shirley fan, her death scene is amazing, like others.
This version is sad, really.
Hmm, you make a good point. Perhaps I'll rewatch it some time. I won't deny that this version was sad, I just didn't think it was quite as sad...but still.

And you're not a Shirley fan?! Shame on you (LOL, I'm kidding, you're entitled to your opinion )
Old 2009-08-01, 01:03   Link #954
haine_asakura
Do Re Mi Fa fufufu~

Hi, this is my first time posting here. So if I'm doing something wrong... or anything, please tell me u.u.
I'm here because I wanted to shared the link for Shirley's monologue (part of Zere Requiem).
I hope someone can translate Lulu's words at the end.

Edit: Sorry, I removed the link u_u

Last edited by haine_asakura; 2009-08-01 at 01:35.
haine_asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 01:12   Link #955
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haine_asakura View Post
Hi, this is my first time posting here. So if I'm doing something wrong... or anything, please tell me u.u.
I'm here because I wanted to shared the link for Shirley's monologue (part of Zere Requiem).
I hope someone can translate Lulu's words at the end.
Hmm, I'm not sure if you're allowed to post direct links to actual Code Geass episodes/OVAs and all that. But hey, no worries. It's your first and I don't think you'll get in trouble

Thanks for your consideration. Unfortunately I don't think we really have a full official translation of Lulu's lines yet and I'm not sure when we'll get one. It's all a matter of getting a good translator who can, uh...translate it.

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2009-08-01 at 02:05.
Old 2009-08-01, 01:17   Link #956
haine_asakura
Do Re Mi Fa fufufu~

Oh I see u//u
That link it's from a chinese forum I think, they upload it there.
But...I remove the link o something? o.o
haine_asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 01:29   Link #957
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haine_asakura View Post
Oh I see u//u
That link it's from a chinese forum I think, they upload it there.
But...I remove the link o something? o.o
I guess you may as well remove the link. Better safe than sorry. To remove it all you have to do is press the edit button, delete the link and then press "save changes"

Anyway, I was just watching that section of the ZR DVD and something I found interesting was that after Shirley's death scene we have Lelouch's narration and him remembering the "murder" of his mother. Also during his narration he seems quite angry. I'm just aching for a translation for that.
Old 2009-08-01, 05:26   Link #958
darthfury78

Quote:
So that's it then? Well, then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. However, I do agree that, comparatively speaking, she did have quite an impact on the plot, at least while she was alive. I think she was very well handled in the first season, what with her own little sub-arc and all that, but after her death in R2 I think her character was pretty much forgotten and all that development pretty much wasted. I think the extent to her impact on the plot after her death was limited to the cult massacre and a few mentions thereafter which really weren't specifically about just her anyway. And that's really what I'm talking about is to what end her death served, and I don't buy the whole "one step in a chain of events" deal, nor I do particularly buy the "hating geass" deal. But if that's where we stand, then so be it.

All of which makes Season One quite different from Season Two. Remember, that before the timeslot change, Code Geass R2 was to have picked up the story from where Stage 25 of Season One left off. Instead, it takes place one year later because the entire first half of Season Two was somewhat of a reintroduction of Season One. So a lot of recycled ideas of the First Season was used extensively with the Ashford Scenes. Thus, Shirley x Lelouch relationship was reset.

While Shirley and Lelouch are now DEAD, it might be possible to see another Code Geass series that takes place in an alternate universe, where the original story continues from where Stage 25 left off with Lelouch defeating Suzaku and confronting the Emperor. Regardless as to how it ends, I still would like to see this version of Code Geass R2 see the light of day in the format that was geared at the latenight audience, and a very different ending to the story.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 13:49   Link #959
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
there is a rumer going around that sheirly is getting flamed on other forums because her commentary implys that she questions whether or not her love for lelouch is the result of his geass
whether or not this really IS the reason why she is getting heat, the very concept strikes me as a rather odd notion to hate someone over
the first think kallen asked him after he got his memory back was something exactly like that
and the moment the OOBK learned about his geass they all came to the exact same question
"did he use his Geass on me to influence me into liking/following him"
its a rather obvious thing to wonder about when you learn that someone you like has that kind of power
could this really be the reason why sheirly gets fire ?
Old 2009-08-01, 13:57   Link #960
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
there is a rumer going around that sheirly is getting flamed on other forums because her commentary implys that she questions whether or not her love for lelouch is the result of his geass
whether or not this really IS the reason why she is getting heat, the very concept strikes me as a rather odd notion to hate someone over
the first think kallen asked him after he got his memory back was something exactly like that
and the moment the OOBK learned about his geass they all came to the exact same question
"did he use his Geass on me to influence me into liking/following him"
its a rather obvious thing to wonder about when you learn that someone you like has that kind of power
could this really be the reason why sheirly gets fire ?
Personally, I just have a hard time believing that that's where all the Shirley hate is coming from. As you said, no one gave any Kallen any sh*t for suspecting that Lelouch may have been mind-controlling her (...well, not that I remember anyway) And yes, I think it's very natural to wonder something like that.

Unfortunately, I think the only way we're going to know for sure why Shirley is getting all the hate is if someone just gets off their duff and translates what they're actually saying over on 2chan (or wherever it is)