AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-16, 23:58   Link #81
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Serously now guys look at this "NEW DANTE"

It has too much emo vibes all over it. It's not the same kick butt, bang bang, slash, kill demon hunter we all love and know! Jeez....even the creator is not to fond of this.
http://scrawlfx.com/2010/09/devil-ma...d-of-new-dante
after looking at the trailer, my opinion is he doesn't look that much of a badass compare to previous designs of Dante and even Nero. Assuming Nero and this Dante is same age or so, I'd take the new DMC with Nero in it anytime.

This new Dante just doesn't appeal to me in a good way, it just looks..."meh"
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 00:04   Link #82
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

DMC2 had the best look but besides two or three good one-liners his attitude was all wrong.
Old 2010-09-17, 00:04   Link #83
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Though hit football armor jacket isn't that cool on my part.
Loose the jacket I might have another say...

Also there are not girls yet here, but probably even that won't change my mind of just renting it when it comes out.
Old 2010-09-17, 00:06   Link #84
colorles
kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
DMC2 had the best look but besides two or three good one-liners his attitude was all wrong.
definately the best look, and i suppose i am one of the few that actually like DMC 2 Dante's silent personalty; well he is much older as well, not a whiny teenager like in 3..DMC 2 also had such erie atmosphere and levels, i love teh gameplay, my favorite DMC game by far (although many will disagree)
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 00:14   Link #85
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

DMC2 had Dante matured, so in development more of his younger years DMC3 gave that, even DMC4 I was shocked at first I was shooting Dante the main guy I played all through out the game using the new guy Nero, that gave him the development if what are you up against if it's Dante.

EDIT:

some news
http://play.tm/news/31874/kamiya-i-w...ans-wanted-it/

and I quote
Quote:
the iconic character has been subjected to a significant face lift.
lol
Old 2010-09-17, 00:55   Link #86
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Another thing that confuses me about this is the timing. Plenty of people are hyped over Dante's inclusion in MVC3. He'll probably be the most overplayed character in the game. They've put so much effort into making him one of the most complex characters in the game (I remember reading that he has more specials than any character in Capcom fighting history). He's everything classic Dante rolled into one. Why try to reboot the series like this while there's currently so much buzz surrounding the classic version?

Last edited by Royal_Devil; 2010-09-17 at 01:11.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 04:49   Link #87
Neovoid

I'm going to wait and see how Ninja Theory's new game Enslaved: Odyssey to the West fare before I cast judgment on the new DMC reboot as a way of seeing if the new studio has what it takes to reboot the DMC franchise. Just like with Obsidian doing the new Fallout: New Vegas after their Alpha Protocol fiasco.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 06:28   Link #88
Sides

Don't get it, Capcom USA and Ninja Theory are handeling this game, but it is revealed at TGS? If this title bombs in japan it is probably the end for this series.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 07:04   Link #89
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
DMC2 had Dante matured, so in development more of his younger years DMC3 gave that, even DMC4 I was shocked at first I was shooting Dante the main guy I played all through out the game using the new guy Nero, that gave him the development if what are you up against if it's Dante.

EDIT:

some news
http://play.tm/news/31874/kamiya-i-w...ans-wanted-it/

and I quote
lol
lol he'll do a new DMC if fans want him too? then what the hell is taking him so long? when have we NOT wanted a new one.
Old 2010-09-17, 08:09   Link #90
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
lol he'll do a new DMC if fans want him too? then what the hell is taking him so long? when have we NOT wanted a new one.
A few political issues prevent him from doing so :-

1) Kamiya, despite being the creator of DMC, does not own the DMC Brand. Capcom does.

2)Kamiya quits Capcom.

And read the article carefully again as the headline is a bit misleading :-

Quote:
One follower asked Kamiya through Twitter, " If in the future you were offered [the chance] to develop a new Devil May Cry, what would you say?" to which Kamiya responded affirmatively in truncated English "I want to do what all fans want."
I think what Kamiya was trying to get across is that he will envision an ideal DMC for the fans if he has the chance to.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 08:21   Link #91
Nayim

GTA + DMC = DmC o_O?
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 08:27   Link #92
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
GTA + DMC = DmC o_O?
I don't think throwing cars is considered gran theft auto
Old 2010-09-17, 08:34   Link #93
Westlo
Lets be reality

Like they said on neogaf, new Dante =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
They've yet to make a 30 fps action game that runs smoothly. Devil May Cry needs to stay at 60 fps to be the same beast. So far, Ninja Theory's action games have been more like God of War. While I also like God of War it fulfills a different niche in the action genre . While it excels at set pieces, spectacle, and easy satisfaction, it's combat system lacks the speed, fluidity, and depth that makes game like DMC (sans 2) and Bayonetta great. NT's games haven't even been as good as GOW, which further increases my skepticism.
While I don't put God of War on the same level as the Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta games it's certainly amazing in the style they went for and a spectacle. Heavenly Sword while in the same vein is nowhere near GoW's class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Don't get it, Capcom USA and Ninja Theory are handeling this game, but it is revealed at TGS? If this title bombs in japan it is probably the end for this series.
It can sell around 300,000 copies in Japan and still be a success worldwide, Street Fighter IV was around 300,000 copies sold in Japan but ended up shipping like 2.5-3 million worldwide. If Devil May Cry 5 did the same I doubt Capcom would care that it bombed in Japan.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 11:04   Link #94
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I loled at this comparison.
Spoiler for Emo:
Old 2010-09-17, 11:08   Link #95
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Funnny thing is, dante would destroy edward so easly.

Seriously stop calling him emo before you know him,it makes you look like a douche bag. I looked up the meaning of emo and he has none of the features from what I see. This. Is directed to those who are calling him emo.
Old 2010-09-17, 11:10   Link #96
Westlo
Lets be reality

Team Jacob fangirls won't buy this at all!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 11:22   Link #97
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Too much wrinkles on the forehead on the NEW Dante?
Old 2010-09-17, 12:33   Link #98
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Funnny thing is, dante would destroy edward so easly.

Seriously stop calling him emo before you know him,it makes you look like a douche bag. I looked up the meaning of emo and he has none of the features from what I see. This. Is directed to those who are calling him emo.

Okay, he's not an emo.

He's an emo wannabe douchebag who's trying to act like a badass by smoking cigarettes and wearing tight pants. So far, he's only getting attention BECAUSE he's ripping off the name of an established character.

If our white-haired man was not named Dante, he would still be a cool motherfucker, thanks to his sheer bravado and campiness.
When some crazy chick busted through his front door on a motorcycle, stabbed him THROUGH THE CHEST, and proceeded to THROW SAID MOTORCYCLE at him, he treated it like no big deal.
Spoiler for Woah skow down babe:

This guy, however..... if his name wasn't Dante, and the brand wasn't DmC, you wouldn't get that same impression. Maybe I wouldn't even notice him.
It's like what someone else said on another forum, where he'd get drunk and get his ass kicked, wind up in jail, and call that a good Friday night.
It's like he's TRYING TOO HARD to be cool. Flying through the air. he's doing that dumb Spiderman pose. When he fights, he pulls out his SHADOW guns (ugh) and does a little shoot strut. Then he pulls out some shadow-covered transforming weapon (UGH) and deals some air combos. Okay, that's not too bad.

On 3 guys.
Just 3 each. I saw maybe 5 max. And they weren't even that threatening.
Kinda cute actually. Meanwhile, in DMC 3;
Spoiler for skip to 4:10:

And this new Dante gives a smug look like he just did some hot shit.

The trailer itself is pretty damn pretentious too. It's starts with a quote as if a game about shooting demons in the face has a lot to say to the world. Not to mention the 'WHATISYOURNAAAAAME" segments; just oozing with drama guys.

I don't want to take too much of a dump on this guy yet. He could be plenty interesting in his own element. But as long as we have only a trailer to look upon, this is no Dante.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 12:45   Link #99
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

new dante sucks. the combat doesn't look nearly as fun as DMC3 (the high water mark). plus Ninja Theory isn't exactly a stellar dev. from most accounts, Enslaved is pretty bad (and ugly, compared to HS) and what dev actually continues to beat on their own game (HS) like a bad wife? I greatly enjoyed HS. short, but solid.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 13:03   Link #100
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

We got what, 2 minutes of a trailer which half of it he was in a FROM WHAT WE KNOW IT LOOKS LIKE A PRISON. it can easly be something else... He seems to be tortured for some reason which can mainly be why he's so thin. his hair appears to be turning white (could just be visual effects)

you call the gameplay crap even tho we havent SEEN any yet.

Everones Complaints about this new DMC are Half assed and childish. It be best for everyone to wait for more information before judging this game as complete shit or complete awesomeness.