AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-14, 19:02   Link #1361
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
^I would've liked that Blake picture more if her body and arm weren't angled in a slightly odd way.
I get the arm, but what's wrong with the body? Don't all attractive women walk around with their backs arched like they're made of Silly Putty? ^_^
Old 2013-12-14, 23:47   Link #1362
Raviel

The body looks a little too arched to me XD

Although yes, it's mostly the arm that ruins everything for me.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 13:34   Link #1363
shadow1296

Old 2013-12-15, 14:27   Link #1364
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Weiss' glyphs don't have the central hex, only an amorphous blob. That's only the actual Schnee symbol.
Old 2013-12-15, 14:32   Link #1365
Tenzen12

Artistic licence duh
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 16:13   Link #1366
shadow1296

Old 2013-12-17, 15:04   Link #1367
Kreceir

Old 2013-12-17, 20:33   Link #1368
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So, now that I've rewatch episodes(I own the dvd).....I realize I made a few mistakes:

Ren actually held up well during the fight where everyone found their team. Nora don't give a fuck though as she bounces Blake off the bridge...

Still don't like Jaune.
Old 2013-12-17, 22:34   Link #1369
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Okay, I guess this means Trigger should get the license to remake RWBY for Japan?

Source, BTW?

EDIT: NVM. Just saw the watermark.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-12-18 at 23:35.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 11:54   Link #1370
shadow1296

Old 2013-12-19, 16:21   Link #1371
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Is there news for when season 2 comes out?
Old 2013-12-19, 17:18   Link #1372
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Is there news for when season 2 comes out?
Not yet. It'll be all over the place when it is announced, though.

Good places to check are the Rooster Teeth site and Monty Oum's Twitter page.
Old 2013-12-19, 17:43   Link #1373
shadow1296

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-12-19, 18:05   Link #1374
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Not yet. It'll be all over the place when it is announced, though.

Good places to check are the Rooster Teeth site and Monty Oum's Twitter page.
I'm kinda already following those ^^;;;
Old 2013-12-25, 15:01   Link #1375
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I didn't realize that this series would be popular enough to generate so much fan-art. These are really nice.

Also eagerly waiting for news about the second season.
Old 2013-12-27, 19:08   Link #1376
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I didn't realize that this series would be popular enough to generate so much fan-art.
Really? Given the history and manner of its creation, it's kind of a no-brainer. Monty Oum, the creator, is well-known as something of an "up-jumped fan", with his wildly successful fanworks before he ever got hired by Rooster Teeth, and is very active in social media and (at least before RWBY) on DeviantArt. The characters (the four main girls at least) and much of the world's style was designed with the collaboration of some of his fellow DeviantArt artists. The staff are nearly all quite open about their love of anime, which clearly has had an influence on the design and makeup of the series. And we all know how much weeaboos love their fanart. Then they decide to hold a contest to design a new costume for a pre-existing character, while teasing future contests to design original characters? It's the perfect storm.

Among anime overall, it's not all that popular. It doesn't get the promotion among the blogs, many of which see it as something of a red-headed step-child, be it from weeaboo elitism, or the (comparatively) poor animation or production values. There's not a whole lot of overlap between Rooster Teeth's machinima fans and mainstream anime fans. To be honest, if I hadn't seen it on CrunchyRoll while I was looking for other anime, I'd have never heard of it. But among the anime fan-content creation community (at least those who aren't weeaboo elitists), it's huge.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-12-27 at 19:19.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 19:34   Link #1377
Ledgem
Love Yourself

To be honest, I'd never heard of Monty Oum before this. I'd heard of Rooster Teeth on YouTube but never watched their things and wasn't really sure what they are about, either. I wasn't sure how the anime fandom would perceive the series, as many YouTube comments seemed intent on debating whether the series should be classified as anime or not. (I know, I know... YouTube comments ) I had assumed that the fan art was derived from the anime community, but if this series was largely born in DeviantArt then it makes sense. Thanks for the information.

The "low production quality" doesn't really interfere with my enjoyment of the show, but I harbor a hope that at some point in the future it will receive a "HD remake" with higher-quality environments and character models (more specifically, I suppose it would be the model shaders that needed an upgrade). The voice acting and script-writing occasionally comes off as amateur, but I find that lends to the charm of the show.
Old 2013-12-27, 20:04   Link #1378
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
To be honest, I'd never heard of Monty Oum before this. I'd heard of Rooster Teeth on YouTube but never watched their things and wasn't really sure what they are about, either. I wasn't sure how the anime fandom would perceive the series, as many YouTube comments seemed intent on debating whether the series should be classified as anime or not. (I know, I know... YouTube comments ) I had assumed that the fan art was derived from the anime community, but if this series was largely born in DeviantArt then it makes sense. Thanks for the information.

The "low production quality" doesn't really interfere with my enjoyment of the show, but I harbor a hope that at some point in the future it will receive a "HD remake" with higher-quality environments and character models (more specifically, I suppose it would be the model shaders that needed an upgrade). The voice acting and script-writing occasionally comes off as amateur, but I find that lends to the charm of the show.
The voice acting is pretty spot on for a english "anime." The main problem is the script writing is IMO not bold in it's sub-stories. Main story arc is fine, but it's sub stories are more or less cheap american-style teen drama. Makes the episodes where it appears seem like filler then actual serious episodes.

As for the overall quality, I like the lower budget, since it keeps things "possible" and highly "animated" moments feasible. Maybe a little bit of improvement on the quality, but I'd disagree with anything that would be more then a one time effort. HD remakes can come when the series is actually complete.
Old 2013-12-27, 20:10   Link #1379
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Certainly, I wouldn't want any "HD remake" to be carried out at the expense of advancing the story. I do think it would be a rather glorious way to relive the series, though.
Old 2013-12-28, 12:02   Link #1380
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Well, all evidence suggests (check out Monty's Facebook and Twitter) that the coming episodes will be of a better production quality than the previous, and the writers freely admit that they are playing the long game when it comes to plot, so the storyline from here on, free from some of the drudgery of introduction, should be better.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby