AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-18, 13:38   Link #4961
setsuna86

I want to know if there are web arcs of Double seven in japanese. When I search, I only find the chinese version
Old 2013-06-18, 15:06   Link #4962
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
I want to know if there are web arcs of Double seven in japanese. When I search, I only find the chinese version
Spoiler for here:
Old 2013-06-18, 17:00   Link #4963
vadvadindabad

Immortality

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but if Tatsuya were to use his restoration ability on himself once a day to the furthest point he can (24 hours) would he still age or could he become practically immortal (well he already is pretty much immortal but he still ages so he'll die at some point)
Old 2013-06-18, 17:29   Link #4964
Seitsuki
Onee!

I think the consensus was he could technically restore his physical state, but his 'life force' will still inevitably run out sooner or later.

It's like how despite restoring the 'entire body' things like memories (in the form of synapses) are unaffected; it's not an absolute 'reset'.
Old 2013-06-18, 17:35   Link #4965
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I think the consensus was he could technically restore his physical state, but his 'life force' will still inevitably run out sooner or later.

It's like how despite restoring the 'entire body' things like memories (in the form of synapses) are unaffected; it's not an absolute 'reset'.
But life force depends on the state of the body he could not he Sakurai because she pass the threshold of what could be done with magic.
Old 2013-06-18, 18:19   Link #4966
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Love the summaries, but Flere821 it's dawned on me that we're forgetting someone. Where the hell is Minami in all this? Did she even make an appearance in the last few chapters? Did she contribute anything to the plot? Even fanservice/comedy scenes would do.
Not really, no, Minami only shows up in the background mostly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
does this mean he walks around with a lot of confetti.
Spoiler for Million Edge:
Old 2013-06-18, 18:21   Link #4967
dragon1412

Quote:
But life force depends on the state of the body he could not he Sakurai because she pass the threshold of what could be done with magic.
The general consensus idea of life force is not just limited to physical sides, but also mental side, know the term "placebo effect"?, it's indicated that their is a link between mental and physicals. The life force is expended not just mean the body life is expended but also indicate that there are too much strain on mental side or withered mind. In Sakurai cased, She use magic to stop magic, putting too much strain on her mind, thats what it mean by she pass the threshold of what could be done with magic because Tatsuya magic while capable of restore the "conditions", it's incapable of restore the " experiences", in fact, Tatsuya can feel tired is also a result of this.
Old 2013-06-18, 18:24   Link #4968
XFire
150% done

So judging from the name, I have a theory about the Brazilian guys Strategic Magic.

My guess is that he creates a fusion explosion and somehow directs it. What he'd direct it with I don't know, but it'd work like this: He creates his "whatever field(temp)", then causes the reaction inside it. He then opens the field in whatever direction he wants it to go. Think nuclear Kamehameha.

Reasoning---

"Synchronize" could refer to using the field and reaction simultaneously.

"Linear" means it would go in one direction.

"Fusion" is self-explanatory.
Old 2013-06-18, 18:55   Link #4969
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Not really, no, Minami only shows up in the background mostly.

Spoiler for Million Edge:
Spoiler for reply to calculation:

Last edited by Awrya; 2013-06-18 at 19:14. Reason: wording
Old 2013-06-18, 19:18   Link #4970
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
The general consensus idea of life force is not just limited to physical sides, but also mental side, know the term "placebo effect"?, it's indicated that their is a link between mental and physicals. The life force is expended not just mean the body life is expended but also indicate that there are too much strain on mental side or withered mind. In Sakurai cased, She use magic to stop magic, putting too much strain on her mind, thats what it mean by she pass the threshold of what could be done with magic because Tatsuya magic while capable of restore the "conditions", it's incapable of restore the " experiences", in fact, Tatsuya can feel tired is also a result of this.
But Tatsuya's regrowth would also work on brain cells while they have limits he can keep his brain in a state of optimal condition.
Old 2013-06-18, 19:36   Link #4971
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
But Tatsuya's regrowth would also work on brain cells while they have limits he can keep his brain in a state of optimal condition.
If that was true, then Regrowth could also reset memories, but Isori and Kirihara both remembered being shot even though the state of their bodies were reset to the time before they were shot.

There is clearly a spiritual side to magic.
Old 2013-06-18, 20:29   Link #4972
babbo3d

Quote:
If that was true, then Regrowth could also reset memories, but Isori and Kirihara both remembered being shot even though the state of their bodies were reset to the time before they were shot.

There is clearly a spiritual side to magic.
but if that's true by the same toke they should not have been able to move their limbs at will because it must have hit the nerves there, and brain cells because they are of a similar kind will also fall under.

Well honestly the author probably never gave it much thought. So it probably falls in between the gray area of the story and reality the fans should stay away less they find holes in the cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for reply to calculation:
but doesn't million edge just sound better.
Old 2013-06-18, 20:44   Link #4973
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
but if that's true by the same toke they should not have been able to move their limbs at will because it must have hit the nerves there, and brain cells because they are of a similar kind will also fall under.

Well honestly the author probably never gave it much thought. So it probably falls in between the gray area of the story and reality the fans should stay away less they find holes in the cheese.

but doesn't million edge just sound better.
What are you talking about? The nerves and their wounds would have been erased so why wouldn't they have been unable to move their limbs?
Old 2013-06-18, 20:50   Link #4974
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

err....
thank you very much for the physic and math lecture...

i dont understand one bit...

aside from summarize that flere und whise, you all make my brain lagging cuz of all calculation ye made..

one again, thank you very much

#uhh.. where my headache medicine @.@?
Old 2013-06-18, 20:52   Link #4975
babbo3d

Quote:
What are you talking about? The nerves and their wounds would have been erased so why wouldn't they have been unable to move their limbs?
isn't because you said that regrowth would not work on brain cells or they would have forgotten everything previous to the injury.
Old 2013-06-18, 20:55   Link #4976
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
isn't because you said that regrowth would not work on brain cells or they would have forgotten everything previous to the injury.
I wasn't saying it wouldn't work. I was just pointing out that there are somethings Regrowth doesn't affect like memories and life force. The brain cells were affected by Regrowth. Their physical states were reverted to a specific point in the past. Despite that, the memories were still unaffected. This would imply that memories are not just a physical phenomenon.
Old 2013-06-18, 21:08   Link #4977
babbo3d

Quote:
I wasn't saying it wouldn't work. I was just pointing out that there are somethings Regrowth doesn't affect like memories and life force. The brain cells were affected by Regrowth. Their physical states were reverted to a specific point in the past. Despite that, the memories were still unaffected. This would imply that memories are not just a physical phenomenon.
But we know they are which is why i'm saying this is one of the things, that one should not pay close attention to.
Old 2013-06-19, 02:34   Link #4978
iheartz

Quote:

I was under the impression that Tatsuya's Regrowth is usually not applied to the brain. Isn't that why, although he could technically sustain his physical body without sleeping or rest, he needs to sleep a couple of hours every night.

If Regrowth was used upon the mind it would probably return memory back to where the "restore point" was. Of course, that's assuming Regrowth can perfectly restore something as intricate and complex as a human mind (just like how system restores can't perfectly restore large, intricate programs). Actually, now that I think about it, that's probably why Tatsuya can't bring back the dead. He may be able to heal the body, but not the mind.
Old 2013-06-19, 02:59   Link #4979
waffler

why doesnt tatsuya just use regrowth everyday so he gets eternal youth until he dies lol
Old 2013-06-19, 03:51   Link #4980
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

I think it's dangerous for him to do something like that. Magic con do anything miraculous but there are things that magic can't grant.

Well I'm not sure how to explain such complicated magic that can maintain your youth. But I do think that there 's a limit to it.

Spoiler for Questions for Ninendo arc:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings