AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-10-15, 14:07   Link #941
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

It was Suspiria Higurashi style. Utsutsukowashi-hen was going to deal with witches, that sort of supernatural element, it could be even yokai but forgot exactly what they said, but the idea was going to conflict umineko because was falling into the same supernatural mystery at the same time as the other was about to be published.

Last edited by Daisu; 2014-10-15 at 14:31. Reason: linky
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 15:48   Link #942
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
It was Suspiria Higurashi style. Utsutsukowashi-hen was going to deal with witches, that sort of supernatural element, it could be even yokai but forgot exactly what they said, but the idea was going to conflict umineko because was falling into the same supernatural mystery at the same time as the other was about to be published.
Interesting. Sounds like it could have been a proto-Higanbana.
Old 2014-10-15, 18:07   Link #943
Observer1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
For one thing, the new translation won't have grammar errors, typos and spelling mistakes all over the place. It will feel like an official thing rather than something released by amateur fans.
Ooooh no grammar and translation errors! Big whoop? LOL! I still enjoyed the first English translation release. Didn't even pay much mind to the grammar errors since I know translating can be a challenging task to tackle. And by the end of the story, I still got the gist of the arc. In a manner of speaking, it was like reading a good essay before its final revision. Yes, there were grammar errors but the paper was still a good read.

Last edited by Observer1994; 2014-10-15 at 18:17.
Observer1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 18:27   Link #944
GrAVit

Hmm.. you're right about this, though. The game shouldn't cost too much. Maybe like $5 would be a good price, so $20 for the first season and $20 for Kai, making it $40 in total?
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 19:36   Link #945
xPearse

Quote:
Suspiria, now that takes me back, so they were planning a supernatural vibe for it. I never got that impression from the 3 chapters though and it doesn't really seem like that was going to happen, unless random creepy children and that random person near the murder scene were part of the supernatural elements, also where did you get this information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
Hmm.. you're right about this, though. The game shouldn't cost too much. Maybe like $5 would be a good price, so $20 for the first season and $20 for Kai, making it $40 in total?
Yea, that sounds about right. Wouldn't want to price to reach an actual $60 video game, if it did, that would perfectly contrast the terrible value.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 19:59   Link #946
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Yea, that sounds about right. Wouldn't want to price to reach an actual $60 video game, if it did, that would perfectly contrast the terrible value.
Actually, 60 is likely going to be the final amount. After the answer arcs were released, they were sold as a bundle and heavily discounted, with the price coming down to 20$. Kai was the same, except they were 40$.
Old 2014-10-15, 20:02   Link #947
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Got my information by an interview with the author, its been a long time but it conflicting with umineko is exact reason the series stopped. The girl Mizuho sees is not an actual student, either she made her up or she supernatural.
Old 2014-10-15, 21:05   Link #948
einhorn303

Quote:
Well I have my plate full of other projects ( Utsutsukowashi-hen chapter in a game and a Higurashi Dōjinshi by May for our Canadian version of Comiket). If I do end up translating some stuff it will be some of the higurashi comics 4 to 6 pages is better then a 126+ manga.
I'm wondering, would it be possible to order a copy of your doujinshi through the mail? I'll pay whatever the shipping costs are too, of course. I collect doujinshi from countries outside Japan, and I'd love to read your work!

Last edited by einhorn303; 2014-10-15 at 21:19.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 23:10   Link #949
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1994 View Post
Ooooh no grammar and translation errors! Big whoop? LOL! I still enjoyed the first English translation release. Didn't even pay much mind to the grammar errors since I know translating can be a challenging task to tackle. And by the end of the story, I still got the gist of the arc. In a manner of speaking, it was like reading a good essay before its final revision. Yes, there were grammar errors but the paper was still a good read.
Woah there cool guy, nobody is forcing you anything. You asked what was the difference, I answered. No need to be so sarcastic.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 04:24   Link #950
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Well, I really wish someone translated Kokoroiyashi-hen, and the rest of Hinamizawa Bus Stop.
I'd be happy to help in any way I could.
Try asking Joly about HBS. She was helping me for editing...

Higurashi's anthology comic... I have all lasted series.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 09:32   Link #951
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Actually, 60 is likely going to be the final amount. After the answer arcs were released, they were sold as a bundle and heavily discounted, with the price coming down to 20$. Kai was the same, except they were 40$.
That'll probably be the price when they discount it, so expect the initial release to be a bit higher. I do hate how they charge more for Kai because it's longer, a games length doesn't justify the price. Take dare I mention it again, Star Ocean 4 for example, or any game that has 40 hours of grinding. Enter Dark souls joke here.

Quote:
Got my information by an interview with the author, its been a long time but it conflicting with umineko is exact reason the series stopped. The girl Mizuho sees is not an actual student, either she made her up or she supernatural.
That's cool, when exactly was that? Also, I do wish they didn't cancel it as I would've read the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
That's a nice collection you got there, I got a good chuckle out of the nescafe box.
Old 2014-10-16, 09:51   Link #952
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
That's cool, when exactly was that? Also, I do wish they didn't cancel it as I would've read the rest.
It was shortly after the manga got stopped, his response should also be on the net somewhere. This was before twitter and tumblr lol. I may have even posted a link in the past here but it has been a very long time.

The villain translated name is Blooming Phoenix, so can guess it a clue to her identity. Villian names usually are in manga lol

Read and buy are too different things, when you pushing an almost identical product but want to show that the new product is popular, you can't have competition from within.

You can try to pry more story from the author, I was able to do this when I was working for publishing company and wanted my hands on out-of-print or cancelled material just to know more information about it.
Old 2014-10-16, 13:13   Link #953
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
Try asking Joly about HBS. She was helping me for editing...

Well, I sent her a message regarding the translation for the rest of the chapters.
Do you think she'll get it? She hasn't apparently made a post since 2012.

Also, that's a nice collection of Higurashi items! I personally merely have a small Hanyuu figure on my desk. lol
I think it's the same series as those other figures you have with the colored platform.
It didn't come with a stand, so I made a makeshift stand of my own.
Old 2014-10-16, 14:02   Link #954
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Well, I sent her a message regarding the translation for the rest of the chapters.
Do you think she'll get it? She hasn't apparently made a post since 2012.
Hey there. Not sure what you're talking about, but I've been around. Just being quiet. :P

Having a translator (if WKK-san has time to keep on translating) and getting proofreaders for HBS hasn't been really an issue. I own a physical copy of Hinamizawa Bus Stop tankoubon and all the magazine chapters, so I did all the scanning of pages, as well as cleaning/typesetting.

I don't really have the time and patience (especially since I'm using cheap paper magazine scans- it has taken a lot more time to clean it up than a published tankoubon. Also, RL work and other hobbies I'd like to focus on takes up my tie) to do all the clean up work anymore. I can still provide scans and typesetting... but mainly, the project needs someone to take over cleaning up/editing the magazine scans.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 14:08   Link #955
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Hey there. Not sure what you're talking about, but I've been around. Just being quiet. :P

Having a translator (if WKK-san has time to keep on translating) and getting proofreaders for HBS hasn't been really an issue. I own a physical copy of Hinamizawa Bus Stop tankoubon and all the magazine chapters, so I did all the scanning of pages, as well as cleaning/typesetting.

I don't really have the time and patience (especially since I'm using cheap paper magazine scans- it has taken a lot more time to clean it up than a published tankoubon. Also, RL work and other hobbies I'd like to focus on takes up my tie) to do all the clean up work anymore. I can still provide scans and typesetting... but mainly, the project needs someone to take over cleaning up/editing the magazine scans.
Ah, I see! I could personally proofread it in English if you'd like that. Got nothing but straight A's throughout the whole of my high school career. That is, if everything else goes as planned, I guess.
Old 2014-10-16, 14:16   Link #956
Joly
モエカステル

We'll keep you in mind as a potential proofreader! I believe I've asked for help for a replacement editor in the past, but so far no one has stepped up yet. I haven't asked here yet, but... maybe someone who sees this will be interested.
Old 2014-10-16, 14:19   Link #957
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
We'll keep you in mind as a potential proofreader! I believe I've asked for help for a replacement editor in the past, but so far no one has stepped up yet. I haven't asked here yet, but... maybe someone who sees this will be interested.
So what's the job of an editor, exactly? What skills are required?

Also, I misread the whole "last post" thing, it was only about the latest visitor message, which was in 2012. lol
Old 2014-10-16, 14:28   Link #958
Joly
モエカステル

I'll continue the conversation in PM since it's kind of getting a bit off topic regarding the VN, I think.
Old 2014-10-16, 19:09   Link #959
xPearse

Quote:
It was shortly after the manga got stopped, his response should also be on the net somewhere. This was before twitter and tumblr lol. I may have even posted a link in the past here but it has been a very long time.

The villain translated name is Blooming Phoenix, so can guess it a clue to her identity. Villian names usually are in manga lol

Read and buy are too different things, when you pushing an almost identical product but want to show that the new product is popular, you can't have competition from within.

You can try to pry more story from the author, I was able to do this when I was working for publishing company and wanted my hands on out-of-print or cancelled material just to know more information about it.
That's interesting, thanks for sharing, although wouldn't the company or whoever have thought about if the manga would conflict with Umineko or anything before they even started writing it instead of stopping halfway through?
Old 2014-10-16, 19:20   Link #960
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Well you do not know when something gets picked up when you pushed another project.