AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru... Index [LN/M] - Genesis Testament Volume 2 Rating
Perfect 10 5 27.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 11.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 27.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-07-18, 13:57   Link #61
Requiem-x
The slacking one

In the end, Touma was saved not by beating the bad guy, but by getting St. Germain on his side. A very Touma way of solving the issue.

Gotta say, Kamachi's comment on Misaki is spot on. She works beautifully for both "sides", though I much prefer a "soft" queen. And I suppose you really can't write a story for so long without knowing exactly how your protagonist works. I'd like to think that in itself is a source of pride.

No cryptic BS at the end, just
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Shiage's turn next voulme? With Anna still in Academy City, I can't see him not giving it a shot, at least.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 14:04   Link #62
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

One thing that still annoys me about Touma is that he still does NOT respect other people's life risking decisions.
Seriously, you are NOT the only person who who has something important that worth betting the person's own life on the table.
I really feel bad for the girls Touma is all "They shouldn't do this!" and "I have to save them!" when they are giving their all.
I always Touma's tendancy to do this to be out right loathsome and disrespectful.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 14:36   Link #63
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

"Shokuhou is visiting semi-permanently" - Kamachi 2020

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSS

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 14:59   Link #64
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I share your joy, but I thought that was kind of a given at this point.
Old 2020-07-18, 15:31   Link #65
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I share your joy, but I thought that was kind of a given at this point.
Well, I also just read the last section after the afterword and WOW. I'm SO HAPPY. I can't even begin to describe how excited I am right now. I've been waiting for this for 21 volumes LMAO. Actually, more like 32 for Misaka ever since OT 16 or so. Man, things are looking up. Another solid volume. FINALLY. Mikoto will be a good character again. And best girl Shokuhou will be in the game for real.

Also, I'll say that Kamachi's attitude towards Misaki has seemed like he likes her a lot more as a character than before and she really feels like his character and he finds her cute and talks about her sub and dom sides. So IMO that's a great sign. He's really warmed up to her and I LOVE it!

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2020-07-18, 15:36   Link #66
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
One thing that still annoys me about Touma is that he still does NOT respect other people's life risking decisions.
Seriously, you are NOT the only person who who has something important that worth betting the person's own life on the table.
I really feel bad for the girls Touma is all "They shouldn't do this!" and "I have to save them!" when they are giving their all.
I always Touma's tendancy to do this to be out right loathsome and disrespectful.
It's not so much that Touma doesn't respect people risking their lives, it's that he doesn't think people shouldn't risk their lives for him.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 16:05   Link #67
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's not so much that Touma doesn't respect people risking their lives, it's that he doesn't think people shouldn't risk their lives for him.
Which is equally troublesome.
He still doesn't understand that he has certain irreplaceable value that would motivate others to risk their life for him. He truly is lucky to have Othinus around to beat the obvious into him.
One of the worst mistake a person can make about themselves is to have an erroneous self evaluation.
Old 2020-07-18, 17:53   Link #68
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
He still doesn't understand that he has certain irreplaceable value that would motivate others to risk their life for him. He truly is lucky to have Othinus around to beat the obvious into him.
One of the worst mistake a person can make about themselves is to have an erroneous self evaluation.
I argue that it's partially because he can't relate to how important he is to others because no one else is that important to him. Look at how he felt about losing his memories in GT 1. He literally didn't care. That's only possible if he doesn't mind the possibility of not remembering something he used to really value imo.

Like, I'd argue that Touma is a good person, but psychologically is a little messed up, lol.

Old 2020-07-18, 18:11   Link #69
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well, I also just read the last section after the afterword and WOW. I'm SO HAPPY. I can't even begin to describe how excited I am right now. I've been waiting for this for 21 volumes LMAO. Actually, more like 32 for Misaka ever since OT 16 or so. Man, things are looking up. Another solid volume. FINALLY. Mikoto will be a good character again. And best girl Shokuhou will be in the game for real.

Also, I'll say that Kamachi's attitude towards Misaki has seemed like he likes her a lot more as a character than before and she really feels like his character and he finds her cute and talks about her sub and dom sides. So IMO that's a great sign. He's really warmed up to her and I LOVE it!
It felt more like shock she's so beloved by fans to me, kinda like what happened with Fremea. Still, nice to see he understands what makes her so likable.

Oh, and RIP Kuroko
Old 2020-07-18, 18:16   Link #70
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
He's taking the lesson he learned from Aureoulus too far.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-18, 18:51   Link #71
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
It felt more like shock she's so beloved by fans to me, kinda like what happened with Fremea. Still, nice to see he understands what makes her so likable.

Oh, and RIP Kuroko
Oh, I suppose that might make sense too. But I hope that means he plans to use her potential more too. He's totally right about why she's so appealing though. She has both sides to her. She's very sincere, and very good hearted even when trying not to be. Chapter 3 kind of proved that lol. Misaki is my fave character in Index (other than Touma), not because of waifu bait (though that's also great), but because she really has a ton of psychological depth and has a really interesting backstory especially because of her circumstances with Touma.

I'm sure he has Kuroko x Misaki and Kuroko x Mikoto down, the problem is the dynamic when all 3 are together. He'd have to canonize the stuff from Astral Buddy and that'd be interesting to see, lol.

I need to re-read this volume later. I appreciate it quite a bit. The ending really just sold it to me.

Last edited by dniv; 2020-07-18 at 21:01.
Old 2020-07-19, 00:23   Link #72
dragon1412

The big issues with Touma is the event in OT1 which wiped literally all of his memory. So Touma see little worth in himself that other willing to throw for him, And mostly credited himself to old Touma. His own self-evaluations and view is influenced a lot by that fact. Like how he seem didn't care about losing his memories, it's more like it's hard to connect himself to it, like how he think that it isn't worth it for people to sacrifice for him
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-19, 04:01   Link #73
DragonXX

Quote:
That one of Touma's biggest problem he need to overcome. Touma believe that he doesn't have any self worth, he the one who had to be the sacrifice, he the one who is the pawn to be use.

NT 9 was only the beginning of him facing his believe of not having any self worth but it was only the beginning and there seen a long way to go. Just like St Germain's sacrifice to save Touma's life will most likely help with him over coming this problem. Also St Germain's sacrifice for Touma will/should have an effort on Touma as the series/GT goes on. Those knowing Kamachi we will not see the effort till like 5- 10 volumes from now.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-19, 09:02   Link #74
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Mmm, at this point I say it's gone to the point Touma takes pride on that act, pride and developed arrogance to please his own ego. It's twisted and the worst part is, he's being rewarded for it so far which inflates his ego more making a cycle.
Old 2020-07-19, 09:56   Link #75
Chosen_Hero

7/10 - Definitely not one of my favorite volumes, I personally have a few problems with it, I definitely feel like GT1 was better executed than this one and was far more entertaining and this being it's follow up is kind of a let down.

- Anna Sprengel wasn't/isn't that interesting of a villain, the R&C stuff is definitely interesting, but not the character herself.

- Misaki being basically useless during the fight (not even joking, she did nothing until the last moment before Touma showed up, worse part was when she attacked her own teammate) and only got by due to writer convenience (the Mitsuari suit somehow improving her "luck" made me roll my eyes) not unlike Hamazura, and of course she got rewarded for it.

Also, it's two volumes in and she still hasn't suffered the consequences of her actions in England (just like Hamazura, again) and probably never will. Heck, even Kamachi basically admitted that Misaki just exits in this volume for the fetishes in the afterword.

Like I keep saying with Hamazura, characters like this work better in the background and not part of the main plot, Hamazura worked best back in WW3 as part of a side plot (ever since being in the spotlight he has been getting worse), Misaki would work well in a similar fashion.

- Did St. Germaine really need to be "saved" as Kamachi put it? Did anyone even care he was just a one off that happens to be from one of the worst NT volumes not about Kamisato? I know I didn't, that scene at the end there was way too melodramatic even for Touma, at least in my opinion.

Everything else I was fine with, if I think up of something else I didn't like I will add it later but yeah, not my favorite volume by far. Here's hoping that the next volume is far better.
Old 2020-07-19, 15:17   Link #76
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
7/10 - Definitely not one of my favorite volumes, I personally have a few problems with it, I definitely feel like GT1 was better executed than this one and was far more entertaining and this being it's follow up is kind of a let down.

- Anna Sprengel wasn't/isn't that interesting of a villain, the R&C stuff is definitely interesting, but not the character herself.

- Misaki being basically useless during the fight (not even joking, she did nothing until the last moment before Touma showed up, worse part was when she attacked her own teammate) and only got by due to writer convenience (the Mitsuari suit somehow improving her "luck" made me roll my eyes) not unlike Hamazura, and of course she got rewarded for it.

Also, it's two volumes in and she still hasn't suffered the consequences of her actions in England (just like Hamazura, again) and probably never will. Heck, even Kamachi basically admitted that Misaki just exits in this volume for the fetishes in the afterword.

Like I keep saying with Hamazura, characters like this work better in the background and not part of the main plot, Hamazura worked best back in WW3 as part of a side plot (ever since being in the spotlight he has been getting worse), Misaki would work well in a similar fashion.

- Did St. Germaine really need to be "saved" as Kamachi put it? Did anyone even care he was just a one off that happens to be from one of the worst NT volumes not about Kamisato? I know I didn't, that scene at the end there was way too melodramatic even for Touma, at least in my opinion.

Everything else I was fine with, if I think up of something else I didn't like I will add it later but yeah, not my favorite volume by far. Here's hoping that the next volume is far better.

I honestly think that St Germain sacrifice to save Touma is going to be needed for his character development in future volumes. St Germain was the first person who was able to sacrifice himself to save Touma life, who he was unable to turn around and save in his life.

Also it bring up KnT warning from NT 22 R for Touma not to fail again like Touma believe he did with Crowley. Toum fail to save St Germain life and stop St Germain from killing himself for Touma. It also bring up High Priest warning from NT 13 that at some point Touma will fail to protect someone. I don't think we will see how St Germain sacrifice to save Touma and Touma failing to save St Germain life will change him in next volume because Kamachi take a long time to confront how this will effect Touma. It may take 5-20 volumes, like how we still don't know why Touma's Second Death was important enough to be bring up by the narrator and other characters like Birdway or even why it was a problem for Crowley in the first place. We still don't know the answer even after 25 volumes.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-20, 15:54   Link #77
alex_drian

Quote:
This was one of the points in this volume and even the narration after Aihana event tell you that Touma felt good trapling on his good intentions kinda. So with him is something like a "take your worry and shove it in your ass" thing.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-20, 17:22   Link #78
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
This was one of the points in this volume and even the narration after Aihana event tell you that Touma felt good trapling on his good intentions kinda. So with him is something like a "take your worry and shove it in your ass" thing.
he is too stubborn on that point that I don't know if its broken physiology or chronic disease. Hypocrisy at it's best. He really didn't like others getting hurt because of him but his stance on it is not on the level of caring for others but it's borderline aggressive against outside help. I don't know how to convey it in clearer manner but its unhealthy.

It's like your just being helpful to him and his being mean to you and when the other way around, when his the one doing the helping. his doing it even if you don't ask for help, as long as you needed help.
Old 2020-07-20, 20:15   Link #79
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Looking at Aihana's power again...
Who thinks that Indian Poker is based off that?

Wait... Didn't Aogami said he doesn't need Indian Poker too?
Old 2020-07-21, 09:39   Link #80
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Looking at Aihana's power again...
Who thinks that Indian Poker is based off that?

Wait... Didn't Aogami said he doesn't need Indian Poker too?
We would need to ask the editor because the mangaka tends to add original content in.