AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 22 30.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 42.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 16.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-24, 04:34   Link #41
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

She needs to set the plan off before the 48 hours is up. They're going to say Rika has been dead for more then 48 hours
Old 2007-11-24, 04:37   Link #42
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midevilshadow View Post
That's what I was thinking... but it's a little too much to hope that she'll accidentally reveal something because of her plans being ruined. I mean, look at the arcs where the plan isn't set off, Takano doesn't go like "Sh**! Rika's dead, and now my killing scheme is ruined! Whoops...". Why would she slip up this time?
If Takano can't implement her plan, then she won't have a reason to murder Tomitake during Watanagashi. This buys him more time to uncover information of her wrongdoing.
Old 2007-11-24, 04:41   Link #43
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Splendid episode. It's nice to see how this episode set-ups the upcoming battle against Miyo and her crew.

And now, the next episode title makes sense to me. Let's see if Miyo has a way to outwit this 48-hour-Rika-fake-death plan. It's funny that they're doing the same thing Miyo does every year.
Old 2007-11-24, 09:14   Link #44
Solafighter
Hige

Greate episode. Canīt wait for monday.
Old 2007-11-24, 09:24   Link #45
Kristen
*Author

This is certainly a very interesting episode. I felt like it was pure build up for the upcoming chapters. I'm expecting next week to be the breaking point of the build up, at least the start of it.

I'm only going to give this episode a 7. It just seemed to be missing something this week.
Old 2007-11-24, 11:52   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
If Takano can't implement her plan, then she won't have a reason to murder Tomitake during Watanagashi. This buys him more time to uncover information of her wrongdoing.
THis makes sense as much as anything concerning the plan. Since Tomitake is doing some hunting on what Takano is up to this might help smoke her out. NOt that she'll jump out into the open and show off her scheme but she may react in a way that will display her true colours to anyone paying close enough attention.

Won't win the day doing this but it could be of help. Rika will have to show up sooner or later. At any rate nice to see Oryou's change showing up more and more. This time we don't need Satoko's uncle coming back to get some things changing in that regard.
Old 2007-11-24, 11:58   Link #47
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Exactly: currently, whatever the fact the "48 hours" theory is correct or wrong is completely irrelevant.
They actually need to exposer Takano, which will permit Rika, Irie and Tomitake to call out the Banken.
This is the complete reverse method that Takano is using, as it doesn't really matter if it is true, since she has the means to "prove it true".

Rika and Hanyuu are clueless and don't know it is erroneous. They have to brace themselves so they will stop the incoming threat, which will permit them to live on, and being cured with irie, as the treatement is advancing quite a lot.
Old 2007-11-24, 14:30   Link #48
cereal_killerxx

Wow, I just love the way this series is progressing! It has this super epic feel to it which only seems to grow with every new episode. Some how I believe that the "miracle" is gonna come into play in the last few episodes and/or that someone is gonna show up at the last possible second and save the day.
Old 2007-11-24, 15:24   Link #49
SnEptUne

This episode doesn't seem as good as the last one for some reasons. Firstly, even though Rika were being monitored, it doesn't feel like she is in any kind of danger. Secondly, they are taking too much risks.

For example, when they asked Oishi to invite his peers, who could be on Takano's side and exposed their plans. Rika's house could bugged and Akasakasa' plan would then be exposed. Takano would get suspicious when she find out Tommy is trying to gather information about her. Who knows who else she bought out? She could have more influences than it seems.
Old 2007-11-24, 15:37   Link #50
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
This episode doesn't seem as good as the last one for some reasons. Firstly, even though Rika were being monitored, it doesn't feel like she is in any kind of danger. Secondly, they are taking too much risks.
You are quite contradicting yourself: they are taking too much risks but Rika isn't in danger?

Well, in such case, it is indeed not Rika, but rather the whole group, who can suffer from Takano's retribution should they fail.
Quote:
For example, when they asked Oishi to invite his peers, who could be on Takano's side and exposed their plans. Rika's house could bugged and Akasakasa' plan would then be exposed. Takano would get suspicious when she find out Tommy is trying to gather information about her. Who knows who else she bought out? She could have more influences than it seems.
1) Ooishi is in the police for several decades. He knows perfectly well that there might be some infiltrated agents in the police of Okinomiya, as stated by irie and tomitake. However, that's the very reason how he could trust Kuma and the coroner, as the former is a youngster who cared a lot, while the coroner is a very close buddy as well.
He could only trust these 2 guys, which is a bit low, but realist.

2) Actually, they didn't show that Akasaka was supposed to check the house first. IIRC, he didn't found anything inside, but the surroundings weren't innocent.

3) not possible, because Tomitake doesn't gather the information himself. He is doing this with an intermediate manner.
Old 2007-11-24, 16:23   Link #51
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Though Takano could be watching Tommy

@Klashikari: Your avatar is from Little Busters right or is it from Kanon?
Old 2007-11-24, 16:30   Link #52
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Though Takano could be watching Tommy
Hard to tell. I think Takano might be a bit conceit, as she perfectly knows that he is attracted by her, and he has faith on the Yamainu.
Quote:
@Klashikari: Your avatar is from Little Busters right or is it from Kanon?
Little Busters!, this is Kurugaya Yuiko.
Old 2007-11-24, 16:56   Link #53
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
This episode doesn't seem as good as the last one for some reasons. Firstly, even though Rika were being monitored, it doesn't feel like she is in any kind of danger. .
That's because Rika isn't in any immediate danger. I suppose they could have shown Yamainu lurking in the bushes to the tune of ominous music but the reality is, she isn't in danger until Watanagashi. Takano isn't suspicious yet. Her megalomania makes her slow to suspect that something isn't going her way.
Old 2007-11-24, 20:24   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah Takano wouldn’t be doubting Tomitake unless he has shown something. As the time we finally saw him die she knows he cares about her and doubts he would do anything suspicious. He’s hiding out anyways and conducting it through a friend. Though I also had my concerns that Takano’s influence is everywhere. The kind of thing that happens when you’ve watched nice people get slaughtered so many times.

Also think Oishi knows who he can trust. Besides when Akasaka showed up a lot of their hands were revealed anyways. If those two are in on it they are probably in trouble anyways so might as well go for it. He certainly isn’t broadcasting this to the whole department just two people he truly trusts. Klashikari covered the specifics on that.

No matter how things seems to be going I’m going to stay on edge. Too many bad things have happened to relax here. Only at the very end if it all works out will I be relieved.
Old 2007-11-24, 23:20   Link #55
MarthX

I don't think Takano expects much opposition. Very few people know what her objective is. Seems she only focuses on Rika and eliminates the people she knows could present a problem. (Tomitake and Irie) She doesn't expect everyone to be plotting against her.
Old 2007-11-25, 03:06   Link #56
ferthepoet

Am I the only one bothered that Shion seems to be playing no part after they stressed how important it was to have all seven of the friends working togueter
Old 2007-11-25, 05:17   Link #57
Mr Fist

Ever since Episode 14 I couldn't in good conscious give an episode a ten, usually it's an eight or nine. Although I assume that since it's been the beginning and middle of Matsuribayashi I have hopes that the climax of the show will be a big one. So far Episode 13 for me is the best so far. I just hope the future episodes will be superb.
Old 2007-11-25, 05:18   Link #58
Mr Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferthepoet View Post
Am I the only one bothered that Shion seems to be playing no part after they stressed how important it was to have all seven of the friends working togueter
I know, when they were talking together I was asking "Where's Shion? Shouldn't she have a part in this?"

Out of curiosity, was she in part of the conversation in the visual novel?
Old 2007-11-25, 08:12   Link #59
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i cant wait for when all of the people in hinamizawa starts whooping ass
Old 2007-11-25, 13:24   Link #60
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Shion should be in on this too..

Good episode, though it didn't have a Higurashi feel to it for some reason.
I am sad the series is coming to its end.

Closed Thread