AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 19:12   Link #901
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Three more days of TBC version Warcraft....

Hopefully people will enjoy the changes.

I do wonder how many Horde raids on Stormwind will use the Harbor now. Or is that route well defended?
Old 2008-10-11, 19:30   Link #902
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Think Normandy.

Mmm actually yeah there are a lot of guards and the path up from the harbor is kinda winding, they'll get noticed and it is a long way across the city from the harbor to the keep.
Old 2008-10-11, 19:37   Link #903
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So only serious epic guild raids from ocean side in Stormwind then. Good. It will make things interesting to watch rather than the sneak attack raids though the tran-tunnel. And it will be different from the chases around the forest and the Valley of Heros.

They'll still raid Westfall like mad. But now many they'll get creative about it.
Old 2008-10-11, 20:17   Link #904
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

The horde on my server is pretty pathetic, there's probably more people standing afk in front of the auction house in Stormwind than the entire horde population. The extent of city raids I have seen amounts to a 70 mage getting killed by 2 guards in Duskwood and a 5 man group raiding Westfall that was wiped out by 2 people. So, pretty sure the harbor is entirely safe on that server at least, heh.

I'm looking forward to the patch, been leveling a huntard and really want the pet talents and the new profession.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:35   Link #905
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I've seen a few decent raids on Stormwind in my ten months of playing. I counted I think 20 in a raid that hit the city. They didn't get past the Valley of Heros, but it was interesting at least. Seen more three to five man groups using the tram to raid the city (during Midsummer) and Ironforge.

Other than that I see a few ten man raids that hit the region around Stormwind. But the server's population is I think still 4 to 1 Alliance...and even then I've never seen an orginized Alliiance raid hit a Horde city. Mostly it is just bored Arena and BGs Horde players that seem to actively raid. Though I see a few Alliance players raid the Crossroads from time to time, and the ever present minor hits on Tauren Mill after some S3/S4 PvPer hits Southshore for an hour.

I was part of a 20 man retaliation raid that hit Tauren Mill, Brill, and the Horde's Stranglethorn base (by mistake). Didn't hit Undercity as it was getting very late.
Old 2008-10-11, 21:07   Link #906
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I've been playing since December 04 (damn you Blizzard, give me those 4 years back) and have never once participated in a city raid. All the ones I've ever seen starting were either led by some moronic lowbie who would get 1-shotted by the guards or were just completely disorganized in general. I may try to find an organized group once the achievement is in however. Despite never raiding a city though, I have leveled plenty of smaller towns solo, heh. Have also helped the opposing faction raid cities by /wave spamming the guards (they will drop absolutely everything they are doing to wave back at you).
Old 2008-10-12, 15:11   Link #907
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I imagine with the changes you'll find more people hanging around Stormwind again until more and more people reach Dalaran. Shattrath might become a near ghost town aside from those that are still leveling, new Death Knights, or want to fly around getting money before hitting 77.

Does the ice flying skill let you use current model epic mounts? Like say the Epic Engineering Flying Machine?
Old 2008-10-12, 16:20   Link #908
Xacual

All cold weather flying does is allow to use your flying mounts in northrend. There aren't any special northrend only flying mounts you have to buy.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 16:23   Link #909
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That's good. The materals and time spent on building that mount and skill was quite enough for me. Plus the warlock epic mount quest that had to be done for that...in a time when few people are running old world instances.
Old 2008-10-12, 16:42   Link #910
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I never even bothered with that quest on my warlock, was much easier to just buy a regular mount than deal with finding those mats, completing the quests, and hoping someone will actually run a dead instance with you.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:05   Link #911
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd planned for it from the start, so the mats were not the problem. Only finding people. I was lucky in some respects that I found a group willing to help after I was helping them out for a while in Outland. I didn't get it until after I was 70 however...so I was riding around on the slower Felsteed from 40-70. However the night I get my Dreadstead I also got my flying mount, since I'd just managed to save enough gold and parts to get both done. I think I had 70 gold left after all that.
Old 2008-10-12, 19:36   Link #912
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Wow that must have really sucked doing all of Outland on a 60% speed mount, just 58 to 60 was a total nightmare on all the alts I've run through there.
Old 2008-10-12, 20:06   Link #913
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't really notice unless I was in a group. (The warlock is my main, so it was the first one there) Fortunately one of the people I was with was a paladin who was also working on his epic mount quest...so he had slowpoke speed as well, thus we still didn't notice much.

It was the slowpoke speed getting noticed in a group that lead to a quest through Scholomance and Dire Maul one evening.

The epic flying mount however was where I really noticed a difference.
Old 2008-10-12, 20:33   Link #914
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Wait, people noticed you lagging behind and...helped you? That concept is entirely foreign to me, what server do you play on?
Old 2008-10-12, 21:00   Link #915
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Arygos.

Actually they noticed after a while of me helping them. They were 67s, 68s doing the group quests in Nagrand. One of them asked why I was always behind them so far. I mentioned the mount quest and they said, "Hey let's do that next".

I said "What?"

Three hours later and a few friends of friends 70s later, epic mount. I didn't pay them a thing. They all volunteered. The few 70s got more than enough gold selling all the old world mat materials that go for a lot on the AH. (a stack of runecloth was going for at least 4 gold at the time and I think each of us had five stacks by the end) We cleaned out most of Scholomance just because the rogue wanted to kill everything and could. They laughed at the Bosses in Dire Maul until the warlock quest encounter. They liked the ritual. It was fairly intense and fun, yet not stressful to the point of a wipe with four people. THe 68s got experiance for most of the kills and still made money at the AH. What little stuff I took out netted me about the entire 250 gold I'd spent for quest mats anyway.
Old 2008-10-12, 22:57   Link #916
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
haha...

I got a pre-order myself, luckily before they stopped taking them. \o/

But as to whether I will get it though... I've got my doubts.

Spoiler for Old Gods and Gnomes:

Oh wow, I rambled on there way longer then I intended.
Spoiler for Talking about the spoiler:

Spoiler for Consequences of Wrath gate cinematic:
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 23:33   Link #917
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hail to the King. baby.

King Varian Wrynn that is.
Old 2008-10-12, 23:58   Link #918
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Spoiler for A little more on my take on the Titans/Old Gods:

Spoiler for Bolvar, Varian and Wrathgate and stuff:
Old 2008-10-13, 22:02   Link #919
Komori
D:

Server down, GG.

We crashed the server for a minute.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 22:29   Link #920
Sinkitsune
Banned

Fear the Ret Paladins, Wuahahahaha! Enjoy you're pre Patch fun while it lasts, you don't have long until Ret Paladins over run WoW

Lich King Ret paladins = Ike in Super Smash Bro's
Sinkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows