AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-09-15, 03:49   Link #161
zaner

So what happens when Luffy Uses 3rd gear and 2nd Gear at the same time? Could you imagine Gomu gomu no Giant Jet Pistol? That would hurt A lot this seems like a way for him to increase his power a bit or a lot

Or in third gear putting more air into himself so he grows bigger, or just spread the air out around the body
zaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 17:34   Link #162
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner View Post
So what happens when Luffy Uses 3rd gear and 2nd Gear at the same time? Could you imagine Gomu gomu no Giant Jet Pistol? That would hurt A lot this seems like a way for him to increase his power a bit or a lot

Or in third gear putting more air into himself so he grows bigger, or just spread the air out around the body
He's done it. Not the Giant jet pistol, but he has merged 2nd and 3rd to make a move that made him like a giant balloon shot at a very fast speed. Forgot it's name...
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 17:49   Link #163
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytherno View Post
He's done it. Not the Giant jet pistol, but he has merged 2nd and 3rd to make a move that made him like a giant balloon shot at a very fast speed. Forgot it's name...
Gomu Gomu no Gigant Jet Shell.

Used it in the battle against Oars after reverting back to normal from Nightmare Luffy.

S'also one of his special attacks in Unlimited Cruise.
Old 2009-09-16, 20:44   Link #164
zaner

Oh, I missed that when i watched that fight. >_> Thanks
Old 2009-09-17, 14:30   Link #165
longnose-kun

I was thinking since Marigold (the fat gorgon sister) blocked luffy's attacks using haki, if luffy masters haki, could fuusen be used as like the Rokushiki users tekkai?
longnose-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 23:12   Link #166
Joshua_the_Samurai
Con Chairman: Kitsune con

Talking Luffy, Not dumb, just simple.

I see Luffy as being very powerful, though it's not just because of his devil fruit abilities. Luffy's got a simple mind that works like an "On off" switch in a computer. Either things are "Good" or "Bad" and he's rarely confused about which is which (With the exception of Nico Robin's introduction)
An old Chinese proverb states: "In the beginner's mind the possibilities are many, in the experienced mind they are few." Luffy doesn't worry about what's in between, he wants to be King of the Pirates and he takes it one simple step at a time (get a ship, get a crew, get the grand line, eat meat) While others would tell him what he wants isn't possible he doesn't accept that and just tries his hardest. This, ultimately is the only real way to get anything done.
Case in point: Luffy is actually smarter than anyone in the series. Physically strong, but also he is loyal, and trusting to a fault. He knows how to take joy in the simplest things and therefore he is always joyful.

That said, I still think copper is the coolest!
Joshua_the_Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 05:56   Link #167
Battler-kun

Talking about Luffy in the Anime.

He becomes more more childisch from his outer appearance (and in contrast, Nami for example becomes more and more "heavy loaded").

I don't like the recent character designs.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 08:35   Link #168
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
(and in contrast, Nami for example becomes more and more "heavy loaded").
God knows what sanji's been feeding the two women and with what purpose in mind

I do think luffy got taller though, and zoro as well became more muscular.
deltaxxmintpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:27   Link #169
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I thought of an idea for Gear Fourth

Luffy crouches down and breaks the bones in his body and forces them out. Because his body is rubber, the bones don't leave the body. Instead, the bones stretch out and form into spikes around the body.

These spikes are super solid and add a piercing element to his attack as well as giving his bone structure a better resistance due to them no longer being in an exact position. Also, because of his body is rubber and his insane will and endurance, the bones heal at a rapid rate and turn back to normal rather quickly.

The downside to this move is that it gradually weakens the strength and structure of his bones, eventually killing him after too much repeated use.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 09:27   Link #170
blade82

Like Kimimaro from Naruto?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 04:44   Link #171
zaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I thought of an idea for Gear Fourth

Luffy crouches down and breaks the bones in his body and forces them out. Because his body is rubber, the bones don't leave the body. Instead, the bones stretch out and form into spikes around the body.

These spikes are super solid and add a piercing element to his attack as well as giving his bone structure a better resistance due to them no longer being in an exact position. Also, because of his body is rubber and his insane will and endurance, the bones heal at a rapid rate and turn back to normal rather quickly.

The downside to this move is that it gradually weakens the strength and structure of his bones, eventually killing him after too much repeated use.

His bones are Rubber so they cant break.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:06   Link #172
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaner View Post
His bones are Rubber so they cant break.
Well, I was thinking he would produce a massive amount of force that could be strong enough to do it. Characters with strong enough phisical strength can sometimes hurt Luffy.

And maybe he would use a form of Haki to change his bones back to normal and after, he could bring them back to being rubber.
( W)
Old 2009-10-20, 12:48   Link #173
zaner

Who has hit him and it hurt?
Old 2009-10-22, 14:41   Link #174
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Garp, sentomaru, boa hancocks sister
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 01:13   Link #175
zaner

Sentomaru and Garp are two that we are still wondering if it can be attributed to Haki, And we know the Sisters were using Haki which has been shown to be able to overcome Fruit powers. Garp for the most part has been more about comedy then actually hurting Luffy. And hurting for comic releif is a very common thing in One Piece. Hinse you have leoga users get hurt when we have seen them not react to getting hit normally (Ace when Luffy flies Though him in alabasta) Sentomaru is still a big mystery on how he/she/it fights more then the small clip we got so far.
Old 2009-10-23, 10:11   Link #176
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Garp is known for being able to hurt Luffy because of his ridiculossly strong physical strength as well as being the one who trained Luffy in the first place. It is safe to say that Garp hurting Luffy is not atributed to Haki as Luffy was saying that Garp had always been able to hurt him, therefore that was the reason he was always afraid of him.

And the fact that Logia users can be hurt physically can also be atributed to the fact that they were surprised and didn't have the time to willingly turn into their element. Crocodile had trained himself so that the change would happen automatically, but no one else was the case.
( W)
Old 2009-10-23, 14:49   Link #177
zaner

But there have been times where Surprised Legoa users (Apoo suprising Kazaru) and kazaru got his powers to activate.

Its a comedic thing if it is for a joke they can be hurt but if its serious they can't

We have never seen Luffy get hit for real by Garp. Every single time has been a joke in the eyes of the viewer.

When we auctally see Garp and Luffy Fight for real (If it happens) we will see if it works but at this point in time we cannot honestly tell if its strength or just joke.
Old 2009-10-23, 19:40   Link #178
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
Garp is known for being able to hurt Luffy because of his ridiculossly strong physical strength as well as being the one who trained Luffy in the first place. It is safe to say that Garp hurting Luffy is not atributed to Haki as Luffy was saying that Garp had always been able to hurt him, therefore that was the reason he was always afraid of him.
no it is not safe to say. that is just speculation. zaner i think your right, i don't think we've legitimetly seen anyone hurt luffy with pure physical strength. When moria was fighting luffy in his shadows asgard form he crushed luffy(when he trapped him inside the shadow prison box) with an insane amount of force and luffy came out fine. to me that was enough to realize that no amount of brute force can harm him

Last edited by sanzo; 2009-10-23 at 19:52.
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 13:40   Link #179
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Garp seems to be a martial arts master and he acts like a fool but he is somewhat of a kind man and smarter than he portrays himself. So yeah, seeing as he is an old man that has a lot of respect in the military, was training his grandson and foster child to become powerful fighters, is training two wimps, has a sadist side, etc.... we can assume he is a master of Haki due to the Old Man kung fu master rule.

He trained Luffy brutally before he had to leave him. I would assume, he was training him to master Haki. It may be why he uses it without knowing what it is.

Anyhow, I find it odd that Zoro hasn't figured it out in his meditations and training. I mean, he's a freaking hardcore swordsman. It could be that his "issues" and youth have clouded this from him.

Last edited by mechalord; 2009-10-27 at 01:19.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 11:21   Link #180
zaner

Luffy didnt have 2nd gear last time he fought Akoji, The heat from his body could melt the ice or make it take longer for the ice to take effect!

This is one of the few ways i could see luffy beating Him!