AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 21:35   Link #981
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Loli obasan cyborg ninjas wielding electromagnetic radars and darkmatter vibro blades at super sonic speeds... nice.
Actually, they probably wouldn't even need Dark Matter, just by studying Mikoto they could get all they need.

Electromagnetic radars and various electronic warfare capabilities.
Electromagnetic boots to wall run.

Physical capabilities can be enhance through various machines, thought process can be made faster. Deflecting bullets made possible.

Iron Sand blade, a smaller version of the giant Earth Blade works as well.

And lets not forget, Railgun-Kunai, Worst has already made a Railgun-Nailgun so it's pretty much the next side.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:15   Link #982
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Possible path for her to generate anti matter? Here's a part of a science story I read that mentioned using powerful electromagnetic fields on a vacum which when strong enough would cause anti matter to spontaneously appear:

Quote:
One possibility for in-situ refueling that we introduce in this proposal is a quantum effect known as Schwinger pair production.

At all energies probed by experiments to date, the universe is accurately described as a set of quantum fields. Each mode of the vacuum behaves like a simple harmonic oscillator, and one quantum mechanical property of these oscillators is that their ground state exhibits fluctuations as a consequence of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

The vacuum is thus not devoid of matter or energy as classical physics would have us believe, but is instead a rich arena of quantum activity. Not long after Dirac's discovery that a relativistic description of electrons required the existence of positrons it was realized by Nobel Prize winning Physicist Julian Schwinger that that a strong enough electric field can create electron-positron pairs out of the vacuum of space itself.

For a laser intensity greater than some critical value, pair production is generated via a 'break-up' of the vacuum polarization. While the electric field strength necessary to accomplish this is immense, to say the least, recent experimental advances have raised hope that lasers may soon achieve field intensities on the order of this very critical field intensity.
Now Misaka just needs some form of vacume like a large container with the air pulled out and now voila, anti-matter.

(source: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...nd-antimatter/ )
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 18:37   Link #983
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Well, he didn't say Accelerator can't be cloned, but rather they haven't been able to clone/replicate his power.

I take it he's referring to the Dark May Project, where lot's of subjects died and the best result was probably Kinuhata with her nitrogen armor.

The Five OVER is another attempt, but so far we haven't seen a modelcase "Vector Change"

(Now, if only I had an image to post...)

There are some benefits in studying Accelerator even if they can't replicate Vector Change. For example his improvement to his choker could lead to better devices to hook up to other people to increase their computing skills... There's no reason it can't be copied.

Then there's other application of his powers like using wind power alone to achieve speeds of a fighter jet... Lets not forget how he created plasma from compressed air- this could be the proto type to the low stability plasma cannon used in [Heavy Object].

(Disclaimer: I don't really know how a low stability plasma cannon is suppose to work)

Heck commercial-wise, they could even market skin-care products if they really wanted to
Old 2012-08-01, 20:07   Link #984
Birdway
Banned

Just saying but, there is fan story on fanbooru about the 3 heroes (first part foccused on Hamazura) showing Five Over Accelerator on danbooru.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 16:50   Link #985
ellifeedn
Thinker

In Jojo's Bizarre Adventure people devlop superpowers in the form of Stands. Stands are sort of difficult to explain but the best I can say is that they are the ghostly manifestations of usually one power or talent a person has and they are given to a person in an artificial yet supernatural way. In other words, a magically made psychic. Does this qualify as a hybrid of sorts?

Also, a possible loophole in the whole "psychics can't use magic" rule. A psychic can't use magic because their body gets destroyed, but what if they were able to separate their, for lack of a better term, "metaphysical" selves from the physical? Would they be able to use magic then?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 08:09   Link #986
Saishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
Possible path for her to generate anti matter? Here's a part of a science story I read that mentioned using powerful electromagnetic fields on a vacum which when strong enough would cause anti matter to spontaneously appear:

Now Misaka just needs some form of vacume like a large container with the air pulled out and now voila, anti-matter.

(source: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...nd-antimatter/ )
Ok but she can't control anti-matter so it would be kinda useless.

Also don't forget anti-matter != dark matter.
Old 2012-08-08, 11:26   Link #987
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Okay so, I'm sure that a few people already have this theory but I haven't seen it and I just wanted to write it down:

Gunha (the #7 level 5) is a holistic esper

Spoiler for Evidence:

So that's my theory and evidence. What does everybody think?
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 22:49   Link #988
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Gunha have undergo curriculum, and if the side story is true Kiharas have a close eye on him.

I still think is Gunha but I also know according to what is stated it isn't possible.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 10:14   Link #989
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^What? Gunha never underwent the curriculum, it's stated several times that he's a gemstone.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 11:12   Link #990
Saishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
^What? Gunha never underwent the curriculum, it's stated several times that he's a gemstone.
Remember the curriculum is not only to develop esper powers, but to increase them as well.

While I'm not in a position where I can assure if he went under or not, it is safe to assume he went since it is stated all students must undergo the curriculum.
Old 2012-08-10, 23:30   Link #991
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Ok a thought about something in the new movie coming out. I'll put this in spoiler tags since I'm not well versed on if it qualifies as such. I posted it here since it's discusses something in the movie, but not really the movie as a whole. And it's rather sciency/technical. :P

Spoiler:
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 00:01   Link #992
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kamachi can be rather 'liberal' when it comes to physics, but he tends to be quite on the ball with the latest in technology development (at the very least I haven't heard anyone here calling him out on the machines he had built in New Testament so far ) so it's quite likely he would apply most of what you've mentioned into his own space elevator and then some.

However keep in mind though that this is a movie, not a documentary we probably won't see most of the subtle details on screen.
Old 2012-08-11, 00:11   Link #993
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Hell he goes wrong here and there but not to insane degrees.
Old 2012-08-11, 00:22   Link #994
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He also likes to make machines that do things that you would never expect them to do- take for example the HsF-00 playing highspeed mid air catch to resupply.

New Testament 1 had those crazy rotor blade drones...
Old 2012-08-11, 11:20   Link #995
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I think macross is the series with better use of technology, I think I was more impressed by "Big weapon" dancing around bullets while building a base.

The HsF-00 technology already exist, you can resupply a jet in mid fly, also to reuse the heat of the fuselage and friction are already on use for electric cars.
Old 2012-08-11, 17:58   Link #996
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
I think macross is the series with better use of technology, I think I was more impressed by "Big weapon" dancing around bullets while building a base.

The HsF-00 technology already exist, you can resupply a jet in mid fly, also to reuse the heat of the fuselage and friction are already on use for electric cars.
Well that's the beauty of it- he's using technology that is already in existence.

Personally, Macross has never done anything that I didn't expect out of a machine, maybe it's because of it's higher level science fiction style that's why nothing quite surprises me... Or maybe because in Light Novel form I get to savor all the little numbers...

And Sure you can resupply a jet in mid air- But can you do it while juggling a missile
Old 2012-08-25, 09:20   Link #997
judasmartel
*Author

If we describe the AC esper abilities as something like "the power to turn A into B" like in The Law of Ueki, here are some powers that fit:

* Graviton Bomber - The power to turn aluminum into bombs.
* Dark Matter - The power to turn imaginary materials into real materials.
* Dummy Check - The power to turn oneself into an illusion.
* Measure Heart - The power to turn an opponent into (an opponent)'s loved one.
* Electromaster - The power to turn air into electricity.
* Pyromaster - The power to turn air into fire.

It's notable that some powers like Vector Redirection, Teleporter and Move Point have no discernable ways to describe in an "A into B" format.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 08:18   Link #998
Javiersansano

Hi there, I'm new on the thread. Here is a hypothesis:

Spoiler for IB:

Please... be gentle... with the criticism
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 00:10   Link #999
Phibrizzo
Honos628

The great serpent, the dragon, fallen angel, the dim light, etc are all lucifer nicknames or he is address as one at some point so dragon is pretty common association.
Old 2012-10-29, 17:25   Link #1000
SuperRead

Hi i am new here and I wanted to post this idea. I just want to know if my idea is possible.

So a "Personal Realtiy" is basically a person's own view of the world or a personalize version of it, base own the individual own thoughts and ideas.

a person can input new set of value to this "Personal Realtiy" to increase thier own esper abiliities like Accel when he first awaken or the Dark May project, which is about inputing Accel's thought patterns into other esper users to futher advance thier own power.

Misaka Tabikake is saided that he can "see what the world lacks."
A Personal Reality can be seen as a world and thus he can help a esper develop his/or her power,by helping esper realise something important, kinda like how a therapist works or the Dark may project.
SuperRead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science