Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-12-09, 14:33   Link #1241
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Saw it on gamefaqs and now is gone lol

The guy calculated how much damage Mazinkaiser took from charging attacks of those multimegaton mechabeasts and flying fortresses, without taking a single scratch. He also added taking the damage of nuke like blasts and deathrays, which Mazinkaiser also didn't take any scratches.

He provided quite alot of examples with calculations and comparisons, and in the end stated Mazinkaiser is invincible to everything on this planet or something.

People just had to agree.
Wow

As my management professor would say to anybody who finishes their project ahead : get a life!

Fanboys and fangirls just never ceases to amuse me with their passion for fiction.

And no, Mazinkaiser isn't invincible since it takes damage in every single game it appears and I've gotten it killed once or twice (completely my fault).
Old 2008-12-09, 19:41   Link #1242
PzIVf3

Its seem that the Memento Mori released some high concentration energy particles effects on all individuals that can use quantum brainwaves . It may be the particles of 00 and 0 Raiser that release high percentage energy output that may have effect on it. I think Soma will come back too.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 19:46   Link #1243
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well. its actually quite obvious that its 00's Transam's incredibly high output of GN Particles that caused the guys to have increased Quantum Brainwave activity. The animators even scattered lots of green particles all over the place to show that.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 00:10   Link #1244
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Wow

As my management professor would say to anybody who finishes their project ahead : get a life!

Fanboys and fangirls just never ceases to amuse me with their passion for fiction.

And no, Mazinkaiser isn't invincible since it takes damage in every single game it appears and I've gotten it killed once or twice (completely my fault).
What kind of loser's statement is that? No wonder he is a management professor. He certainly has a control freak's passion for managing people and their lives.

The idea of life is subjective, because everyone has a choice of how they want to live theirs. There are some people who chose to become social workers despite the payouts being barely able to support them, and these people have degrees that could get them higher paying jobs.

Some people look at things and ask why. Some people look at things and asked why not. It is all in the mind, because logic not only dictates sense, it dictates possibilities too.

So ask him, what is life? Or what should everyone do in life? I don't think he can even come up with an answer with the bare validity.

Invincible means that it is impervious to hurt. Immortal means that it is impervious to death. So I would say, Mazinkaiser is immortal, not invincible.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 00:16   Link #1245
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Invincible means that it is impervious to hurt. Immortal means that it is impervious to death. So I would say, Mazinkaiser is immortal, not invincible.
Invincible is what Mazinkaiser is. He took a 70000+ ton flying fortress charging and crashing him into Mount Fuji, exploding and didn't leave a scratch.

Then took explosions and blasts of several times nukes, didn't scratch it.

That guy did the maths for those and other examples, calculated how much did the Choukogin New Z armour withstood. The conclusion is that Choukogin New Z makes Mazinkaiser invincible.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 00:40   Link #1246
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Bah, a UMN cannon would still kill it dead in a single blow.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 01:11   Link #1247
JackRydden224

Quote:
What kind of loser's statement is that? No wonder he is a management professor. He certainly has a control freak's passion for managing people and their lives.

The idea of life is subjective, because everyone has a choice of how they want to live theirs. There are some people who chose to become social workers despite the payouts being barely able to support them, and these people have degrees that could get them higher paying jobs.

Some people look at things and ask why. Some people look at things and asked why not. It is all in the mind, because logic not only dictates sense, it dictates possibilities too.

So ask him, what is life? Or what should everyone do in life? I don't think he can even come up with an answer with the bare validity.

Wow

I can't believe you actually took it seriously and wrote a bunch of stuff in response. I'm speechless I tell ya.
Old 2008-12-10, 01:43   Link #1248
Shadow Kira01

The Mazinkaiser doesn't even use the same armor type as the Gundams, it is difficult to compare two different material types that consist of different substances. Based on the super robot games, I believe the Mazinkaiser has stronger armor than the Gundams though. Nonetheless, it is not invincible.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 01:47   Link #1249
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
The Mazinkaiser doesn't even use the same armor type as the Gundams, it is difficult to compare two different material types that consist of different substances. Based on the super robot games, I believe the Mazinkaiser has stronger armor than the Gundams though. Nonetheless, it is not invincible.
Yea...let's swing back to Gundam.

From the model thread we see that the GN Sword IIs actually has a beam saber/sword form, is that something just for the RD 00 or is that actually part of 00's canon armament?
Old 2008-12-10, 01:53   Link #1250
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That's part of the 00's canon armament - it was first mentioned in the HG 00 manual, and shown in lineart on the 1/100 manual.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 04:25   Link #1251
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Most probably another hidden weapon that Setsuna will not risk to show to his opponent.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 05:11   Link #1252
Sander RX

How good is 0 Gundams mobility?I heard that it can only float,is this true?
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 05:25   Link #1253
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
How good is 0 Gundams mobility?I heard that it can only float,is this true?
The way it looked, 0 Gundam would have trouble out-maneuvering a normal Flag. Sure, a normal Flag probably can't hurt it with the weapons it got, but mobility wise 0 has to be much more inferior to Exia. If Exia is only slightly more maneuverable than a custom FLAG, the 0 has no chance.
Old 2008-12-10, 05:40   Link #1254
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Wow

I can't believe you actually took it seriously and wrote a bunch of stuff in response. I'm speechless I tell ya.
LOL I am fine with people. I just can't stand hypocrites who tell others to "Get a life".

Back to the topic though, I am also wondering if 0 Gundam has the Trans-Am ability. Or is it because of 0 Gundam's GN drive that 00 cannot operate at 100% output?
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 05:44   Link #1255
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Back to the topic though, I am also wondering if 0 Gundam has the Trans-Am ability. Or is it because of 0 Gundam's GN drive that 00 cannot operate at 100% output?
The O Gundam's GN drive has Trans-Am, as seen when the Astraea Type F (which uses the 0 Gundam drive) went Trans-Am around the same time the Exia did. And the 0 Gundam's drive as seen in the various diagrams and displays is fully operational.

The Twin Drive System's faults lies with its innate complexity, being an untested theoretical system, rather than that of the 0 Gundam's drive. Asides from the subtle yet individual resonances as a result of their TD Blankets, the 5 GN Drives are all identical anyway.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 06:04   Link #1256
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
The Gundam's traditional GN Drive system had been perfected slowly in the last 200 years. There had been 2 generation of prototypes before the 1st episode even showcased the Gundams.

In comparison, the Twin-Drive was literally untested. Aeolia wasn't even sure it would work, and only offered the most basic theory on how the Twin Drive could have functioned. The CB engineers had to literally design the entire thing themselves, and they only got it barely working after 4 short years.

This is what prototypes are suppose to be like. It's just that we are spoiled by recent Gundam series where prototype=working perfectly all the time.
(Real life example: The first true battle-tanks were employed near the end of WWI. It was considered a success, but half the tanks employed broke down during the engagement. That's NORMAL.)
Old 2008-12-10, 08:47   Link #1257
grss1982

So....was anyone surprised at the "beam fingers" of the black Gadessa-like unit? I mean that was quite a unique weapon and if memory serves me right there was no such waepon in any other gundam shows.
Old 2008-12-10, 09:10   Link #1258
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
So....was anyone surprised at the "beam fingers" of the black Gadessa-like unit? I mean that was quite a unique weapon and if memory serves me right there was no such waepon in any other gundam shows.
that weapon reminds me of edward scissorhands XD
LordStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 12:28   Link #1259
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
that weapon reminds me of edward scissorhands XD
I was thinking of deathstrike in the xmen 2 movie.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 12:29   Link #1260
NyxOne

Or simply Wolverine, anybody?
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote