AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-09-25, 09:44   Link #181
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Season 2 confirmed. Thanks all the haters who gave it the most unexpected publicity boost wwww
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 09:56   Link #182
Frontier

Yeah...not surprising that Uzaki would've left her homework to the last minute and try to rope Shinichi into finishing it with her .

The boss should probably be wary of leaving things in Ami's hands, lest she turn the cafe into a cosplay cafe or something .

So Uzaki really lets herself loosen up with Shinichi? Good to know .

One last busty bespectacled girl to close things out with the chiropractor! Lucky boss .

We finally learn how Uzaki and Shinichi first met, and the only reason she got involved with the swim club is because her friend wanted company while she checked out the hot guys. And the guys got two cute managers, cue disgusted looks from the girl members .

While Shinichi initially freaked her out with his rough face, it was his dedication and caring side that made Uzaki fall for him and want to get to know him better .

Time for some drinking payback as Uzaki tries to get Shinichi drunk! It's just too bad she wasn't prepared for the "L-bomb," even if it wasn't used the way she thought it was .

Ami just casually being perfectly fine seeing Shinichi naked .

Two drunks sleeping the same futon has never felt so wholesome .

One last glimpse of those Sugoi Dekai's laid bare !

Oh hey, it's Uzaki's little brother, who unsurprisingly is taller than her and pretty critical of his sister. Now all we have left to see is Uzaki papa .

Look at Shincihi just casually saying they can always hang out together, forever. Uzaki's never letting that go .
Old 2020-09-25, 13:10   Link #183
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 15:31   Link #184
grecefar

I did enjoyed this more than I thought, I read a lot of bad reviews about it before watching, I'm glad I ignored them.

Nagatoro coming next!
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 18:14   Link #185
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Excited to get S2 announcement but kind of surprised since there's only 55 or so chapters of the manga right now. Hopefully no more tourism ads.

Nice to see more of the Uzaki clan but would have preferred little sister to little brother. Oh well.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 18:31   Link #186
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Uzaki's big announcement she won't be able to hang out with Sakurai anymore turned out to be about something even more childish than I thought it'd be

Some nice embarrassed Uzaki moments in this episode, I gobbled them all up.

This show turned out to be a really nice surprise. Excited to see more!
Old 2020-09-25, 18:31   Link #187
HandofFate

So what kind of casual slang talk is Uzaki talking like only around Shinichi, I do notice it, but what sort of casual slang is it
Old 2020-09-25, 18:37   Link #188
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
there's only 55 or so chapters of the manga right now. Hopefully no more tourism ads.
Uh-oh Spaghettio

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 19:48   Link #189
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You can always rely on dumb SJW anime "experts" for free publicity.
Old 2020-09-25, 19:48   Link #190
Itlandm
Porcupine

This turned out to be a more wholesome series than I feared early on. (No thanks to the "supporting" cast, who clearly want some H action.) Even when put together in the same futon, nothing untoward happens.

Sakurai reminds me of myself in that he hardly ever takes any initiative, just passively react when other people reach out to him. If she ever stops chasing him, they will surely drift apart and he will go through life alone and be OK with it. It is kind of hard to imagine her being happy with this kind of passivity forever, but I guess it might go on long enough for a second season eventually. I suspect it may get a bit repetitive before the end, although the occasional addition of new characters may help. We did not really learn much about Uzaki-chan's little brother, but there is probably a reason why he appears. We also know next to nothing about the Sakurai family, so there may still be some logs to put on the fire before it burns out.

Honestly though, I'd be fine with the anime ending here. It is a good place to stop.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-26, 10:15   Link #191
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
What? I love the cafe duo. It's like inner thoughts reflected on screen Not only do I like the duo commenting on the couple, but I love the father-daughter relationship going on, especially the father's comments!

Overall a nice wholesome series, and got used to and like Uzaki's voice now. Surprisingly the childishness that I typically dislike isn't too off-putting this time. A nice guilty-pleasure to watch in brain-off mode.

Close call coming back to the series after I dropped it when I dropped it after the first episode.
Old 2020-09-26, 15:02   Link #192
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm a bit surprised the show got a second season. Didn't think it would be that big a hit. But it was a fun ride so I'm definitely glad to hear it.

Wasn't sure how it was going to turn out from the summary. But there were plenty of good moments along the way. The main duo may have their flaws, but overall are a good combination. Will be nice to come back and see them again.
Old 2020-09-26, 15:27   Link #193
Psyco Diver

I enjoyed this show but I doubt the second season will be any good, they'll play up the tropes from this season but deliver no development. I've seen it to many times before to get my hopes up again
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 05:09   Link #194
Dj0rel
True Believer

I liked it. I actually liked it better then the manga. The goofy soundtrack and voice acting did this show all kinds of favor.
Old 2020-09-27, 07:08   Link #195
Calca
Expressionless

Ha, bet ANN is raging and upset that this is getting a second season. I hope they're forced to review each episode again.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 07:20   Link #196
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
You can always rely on dumb SJW anime "experts" for free publicity.
Anyone claiming themselves to be an expert on anime is a fraud.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 19:20   Link #197
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Ha, bet ANN is raging and upset that this is getting a second season. I hope they're forced to review each episode again.
I read some of those and it's pretty funny to hate a largely non-serious show like this. The thing I disliked the most at the start was the ugly cat but even that kind of grew on me.

I actually thought at the start I might not like this show because of 'sugoi dekai' but it was at worst of times the elephant in the room of a joke and not handled like more ecchi shows.
Old 2020-10-02, 01:48   Link #198
X207
Gamyūsa

i dont understand these SJW bunch, first they hate the series then later on agree with her, they sure do flip flop alot.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-02, 16:11   Link #199
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Uh-oh Spaghettio
Pretty funny how some people think that episode was filler.
Old 2020-10-02, 16:41   Link #200
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i dont understand these SJW bunch, first they hate the series then later on agree with her, they sure do flip flop alot.
Did I miss something?

Tags
comedy, sugoi dekai