AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-16, 17:29   Link #201
Wandering Soul

Their revenge quest has started and they are already off to a good start, it almost felt like a different show. Rimuru himself is already halfway towards collecting all the souls he needs.
Old 2021-03-16, 18:19   Link #202
grecefar

finally the revenge, it was so satisfying... especially geld vs shogo, that fight was so good, a one side slaughter and geld didn't even sweat.

Last edited by grecefar; 2021-03-16 at 18:57.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 18:34   Link #203
X207
Gamyūsa

that ep was satisfying. all the cruelty they put on the monsters was returned in favor. Shogo was a rather pitiful person and i did feel a tad bit sorry for the girl when she was killed but her current personality wasnt very good to begin. the people they were serving really had no morals.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 18:59   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that was satisfying, and more brutal that I expected from this series. The otherworlders got what they deserved.

Rimuru's method of killing is too clean though. Hakurou said he would make them suffer, but he kills them so fast I doubt they have time to feel anything. I just hope he won't stop once he reaches the required ten thousands.
Old 2021-03-16, 20:46   Link #205
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Benimaru really had it way to easy it was all over and done before any of them have the chance to fight back

Good to see Hakurou taking his time in that fight
Old 2021-03-16, 21:35   Link #206
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Fug, that was a beautiful episode. Absolutely beautiful. MEGIDDO
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 21:43   Link #207
Tuor

Um, just wanted to point out that Rimuru isn't done yet. The episode ends when he is basically halfway to what is *believed* to be the minimum necessary number. But, so far he's only wiped out a quarter of the force sent against him.

Don't count out the possibility of horror and suffering by the Farmus force in the future.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 02:01   Link #208
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I don't know if it's spoiler territory, but I've never seen that spell before.

Where did Rimuru learn it?

What does it do? Is it a type of sun laser that shoots out beams of light to precise points in a person's body, with those bigger blue puddles around rimuru acting as a sort of lens then the smaller orbs are the entry and exit points of that laser? Is it a thin thread of slime that slices through the body and all those blue puddles and orbs are parts of rimuru's body? or are they water droplets forming a thin line then acting like a water jet cutting device?

I was expecting rimuru to just do a dynamaxed version of himself and swallow everyone in that camp, but instead he(?) used that spell.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 02:26   Link #209
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I don't know if it's spoiler territory, but I've never seen that spell before.

Where did Rimuru learn it?

What does it do? Is it a type of sun laser that shoots out beams of light to precise points in a person's body, with those bigger blue puddles around rimuru acting as a sort of lens then the smaller orbs are the entry and exit points of that laser? Is it a thin thread of slime that slices through the body and all those blue puddles and orbs are parts of rimuru's body? or are they water droplets forming a thin line then acting like a water jet cutting device?

I was expecting rimuru to just do a dynamaxed version of himself and swallow everyone in that camp, but instead he(?) used that spell.
It not really a spoil honestly, anime just didn't put his inner conversation with great sage and "it not spell"

Spoiler for Put here just in case:
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 03:53   Link #210
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

I know that the anime makes everyone in this army combatants in order to keep things simple (and to make Rimumu's massacre of 20k people in cold blood less repulsive) but realistically speaking, the army should have a significant portion of camp followers, i.e. families (wives and children) of the soldiers and other civilians like servants, cooks, doctors, blacksmiths, prostitutes, etc.

Heck, the king should have a lot of servants with him. Please don't tell me that he cooks his own meal and washes his own clothes
Old 2021-03-17, 04:25   Link #211
Tenzen12

I think most fantasy stories authors (manga or not) don't think that far in first place.
Old 2021-03-17, 05:21   Link #212
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

The ost they used when megiddo dropped is so damn good. I can’t stop listening to it.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 07:51   Link #213
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think most fantasy stories authors (manga or not) don't think that far in first place.
In the manga he did mention that there were many innocent people in the camp he was about to slaughter. Didn't mention who the innocent people were though.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 11:59   Link #214
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
It not really a spoil honestly, anime just didn't put his inner conversation with great sage and "it not spell"

Spoiler for Put here just in case:
Thanks for the answer! I haven't seen all these anywhere else so I didn't know, may I just wasn't paying enough attention
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 14:18   Link #215
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
I know that the anime makes everyone in this army combatants in order to keep things simple (and to make Rimumu's massacre of 20k people in cold blood less repulsive) but realistically speaking, the army should have a significant portion of camp followers, i.e. families (wives and children) of the soldiers and other civilians like servants, cooks, doctors, blacksmiths, prostitutes, etc.

Heck, the king should have a lot of servants with him. Please don't tell me that he cooks his own meal and washes his own clothes
I did get the sense when they had the knights talking at the beginning about "having their way" with some of the monsters that we're not supposed to be viewing any of them as "innocent."
Old 2021-03-17, 14:52   Link #216
grecefar

There is always the naive and kind soldier that thinks he is doing de right thing and in their pov that may be right but still they don’t know the full story about the war they are figthing.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 15:58   Link #217
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Genesis of the demon lord is the best part (manga reader only here), hope animators do not disappoint me. This episode was somehow good and well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
There is always the naive and kind soldier that thinks he is doing de right thing and in their pov that may be right but still they don’t know the full story about the war they are figthing.
Hope they animate this part in the next episode too.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 16:21   Link #218
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post

Wasn't the kingdom reasonably close? If they were doing a forced march for a few days/week (which it seemed to) they won't have many non-soldiers with them. As for the king, he might not cook his own meal, but he can be eating dry rations or the same food as the soldiers (with them if he needs to boost the morale).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-19, 04:44   Link #219
mickbis

Just search for Reimei lyrics ( the megiddo song ) and realize its meaning
is basically Rimuru feeling regards this slaughter
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-20, 21:08   Link #220
Alchemist007
*Author

Well I'm expecting one of the big bad guys to show up, realize 20k of his army are dead/dying and be like:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?