AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2019-01-16, 09:26   Link #21881
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Why do you think than it might be a Yuugumo-class, both Kagerou and Yuugumo are Type A Destroyer, no ?
Old 2019-01-16, 09:26   Link #21882
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
And I remember a shitpost made in the wake of Kancolle Jazz on kc reddit where Tanaka was shopped as choosing between Atago Kai Ni, Live 2D and Zuiun ad, and choosing the Zuiun ad. The OP was porobably very salty.

If not having Atago/Takao Kai Ni meant having a second season of KC, Akagi Kai Ni and probably Yamato/Mutsu Kai Ni, I would gladly accept that sacrifice.
Old 2019-01-16, 12:37   Link #21883
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Why do you think than it might be a Yuugumo-class, both Kagerou and Yuugumo are Type A Destroyer, no ?
Yes, but from what we could see with the staff, they generally refer to the Yuugumo class when they using the Type A destroyer name, and the vast majority of the JP playerbase immediately thought about a Yuugumo.
I would gladly be proved wrong and we get a kai ni for an "early generation KC kagerou".

Speaking of kai ni, here is the updated kai ni chart I made that wraps 2018.

(png direct link)

I've just realized we have more than 100 DD after the newcomers from the current event. Meanwhile, I really think they should do something about the CL and the SS.
Old 2019-01-16, 14:23   Link #21884
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I've just realized we have more than 100 DD after the newcomers from the current event. Meanwhile, I really think they should do something about the CL and the SS.
It isn't as giving some Kai-Ni to some CL or Sub will make them really more useful,, one being mostly boosted destroyer than can use seaplane and the others only viable on a handfull of map (less than before). If the devs want the player to use more the CL and Sub, boosting stats might help but introducing some news mechanic (maybe something about the ''weight'' of the fleet) or news maps.
Old 2019-01-16, 15:02   Link #21885
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's exactly why I said "do something", not "give them a kai ni", even though they usually do that with the remodel process, as seen with the Nagara trio.
The thing is that they need to give some practical ability that make them useful, without being another snowflake, turning them into fake CLT like Abukuma.
Old 2019-01-16, 17:32   Link #21886
Kakurin
大佐

Good grief, I've dropped three Teruzuki, a Gotland, a Shimakaze, a Nagato and a Mutsu on one side of the medal and a Naka, a Furutaka, a Chokai, a Fubuki and a Haguro on the other side. They really need to stop with this blue rarity on S-rank BS.

And I'd wish they'd introduce some system where you could scrap / trade high rarity drops for points and then get an event-only drop with a certain amount of points. I'm losing patience here.
Old 2019-01-17, 03:09   Link #21887
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Kancolle staff has revealed some information about the upcoming kai ni for this spring.
One of the "elite CV", an Aviation Battleship of the fourth carrier division, a Type A destroyer and a Battleship.
So basically Akagi (alluded during the IRL Jazz event), Hyuuga, a Yuugumo DD and either Yamato or Mutsu, unless they decide to implement a kai ni for a foreigner.
If it's Mutsu I hope her touch mechanic will get triggered in a better formation than echelon.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 04:55   Link #21888
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Good grief, I've dropped three Teruzuki, a Gotland, a Shimakaze, a Nagato and a Mutsu on one side of the medal and a Naka, a Furutaka, a Chokai, a Fubuki and a Haguro on the other side. They really need to stop with this blue rarity on S-rank BS.

And I'd wish they'd introduce some system where you could scrap / trade high rarity drops for points and then get an event-only drop with a certain amount of points. I'm losing patience here.
Removing drop of a common rarity would probably help, it would logically improve the odd of all the others ship and make the farming a little less frustration. As the other idea, I kind of worrie about how it could be implemented in a game full of RNG. It could be worse though, like a real-money store.
Old 2019-01-17, 09:36   Link #21889
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Removing drop of a common rarity would probably help, it would logically improve the odd of all the others ship and make the farming a little less frustration. As the other idea, I kind of worrie about how it could be implemented in a game full of RNG. It could be worse though, like a real-money store.
I'd rather have them open up limited time rm-stores, that unluck only after 50 runs than living with the prospect of potentially having to bang my head against a node forever.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2019-01-17, 10:50   Link #21890
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I can see Yamato K2's special cut-in being activable in AA formation,especially in a combined fleet. Thats if the BB is Yamato.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 17:55   Link #21891
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'd rather have them open up limited time rm-stores, that unluck only after 50 runs than living with the prospect of potentially having to bang my head against a node forever.
To be quite honest, this has been a thing in the game for several years already (regarding drop pools getting bloated), but given recent trends of games with drops, I suppose some players may have been spoiled by having an option to "trade in" or having some sort of guarantee.

Then again, it's not like the game ever changed this, and I don't see it happening any time soon. It might be frustrating yes, but I can only see this continuing.
Old 2019-01-17, 19:31   Link #21892
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
That's exactly why I said "do something", not "give them a kai ni", even though they usually do that with the remodel process, as seen with the Nagara trio.
The thing is that they need to give some practical ability that make them useful, without being another snowflake, turning them into fake CLT like Abukuma.
Considering that a number of Japanese CLs served as torpedo squadron leaders, I think adding something like buffing the whole fleet when a relevant CL is leading a fleet with 2~3 DDs sounds quite fine to me.

Though knowing C2, if they do add such a mechanic, they'll probably make it available only if the other members are destroyers and no more =w=

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-22, 12:28   Link #21893
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
To be quite honest, this has been a thing in the game for several years already (regarding drop pools getting bloated), but given recent trends of games with drops, I suppose some players may have been spoiled by having an option to "trade in" or having some sort of guarantee.

Then again, it's not like the game ever changed this, and I don't see it happening any time soon. It might be frustrating yes, but I can only see this continuing.
Yes but it's getting worse and worse per event. If you go hard mode, you now also need to farm on hard mode, as all final maps are now multi phased.
Then there is the additional fuel drain in form of the LBAS.
---
Some people saw that all ten-Go members, bar Yamato, apparently get a bonus from certain radars now. I really hope she isn't the next K2, Mutsu has a much greater need for an upgrade than Yamato.

Old 2019-01-23, 07:27   Link #21894
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I really hope she isn't the next K2, Mutsu has a much greater need for an upgrade than Yamato.
Other than Ise and next Hyuuga, Musashi is literally the only BB with 5-slots. I HOPE it is Yamato, if not for her iconic status as a legend among the IJN and Pacific War fans, or even anime fans, and giving everyone who got her a reason to sortie her in events. I have no fcking idea why anyone would NOT WANT Yamato to get a Kai Ni. The last time you did a "turn nose up at someone needing a Kai Ni", it was when we told you the reasons why Yahagi or/and Noshiro need a Kai Ni, be it historical reasons or gameplay. Now, you pull the same thing over Yamato? WTF man.
Old 2019-01-23, 09:08   Link #21895
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The only ''good'' reason I have read about not wanting Yamato to get a second remodel would be the fear of what some think will come right next; a event ( or a last maps) build around Operation Ten-Go, which is likely to be a nightmare.
Old 2019-01-23, 12:29   Link #21896
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
The only ''good'' reason I have read about not wanting Yamato to get a second remodel would be the fear of what some think will come right next; a event ( or a last maps) build around Operation Ten-Go, which is likely to be a nightmare.
I'll start with this one cause it will take less time: I never said anything about not wanting a k2 of her period. I said I hope its Mutsu, because I think she is in greater need of an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Other than Ise and next Hyuuga, Musashi is literally the only BB with 5-slots. I HOPE it is Yamato, if not for her iconic status as a legend among the IJN and Pacific War fans, or even anime fans, and giving everyone who got her a reason to sortie her in events. I have no fcking idea why anyone would NOT WANT Yamato to get a Kai Ni. The last time you did a "turn nose up at someone needing a Kai Ni", it was when we told you the reasons why Yahagi or/and Noshiro need a Kai Ni, be it historical reasons or gameplay. Now, you pull the same thing over Yamato? WTF man.

Ad 5 slots:
Uhm your point?
If anything it will make her even less economical than she currently is.

Ad not wanting YamatoK2:
Same as above, not what I said. "I hope its not Yamato, because Mutsu could use an upgrade", especially when both could be the ones getting the K2, isn't the same as "I don't want Yamato K2" - period.

Why using Yamato:
Yeah why would someone need Yamato, I mean she just has 199FP with 2 non-upgraded guns, a recon and a 91 AP. oh and she can use the 51 cm guns without a penalty too, so yeah. That being said, she got used on a regular basis before they changed 4-5 too.

Adding the slot issue in here: Getting a 5th slot will make her even less economical than she currently is, so resources aren't even a proper argument, as you won't have the resources to run her even less once she is a 5 slot BB. That being said, for a mere, what... 6 FP more than she currently has? Because let me tell you: Musashi with the same equipment as described above has exactly that.

With the 5th slot you could either make her fast or more accurate, pick your desired outcome. The speed problem is however one she and Mutsu share.

Why I think Mutsu needs it more:
Needing a reason to be used is just as much of an argument for Mutsu than it is for Yamato, you know.

Take her Firepower for example: The only place where she is actually more desirable than Fusouk2 is when used in sync with her sister Nagato. And this sync becomes useless as soon as it's outside of a CBN fleet.

Fun fact btw: If you equip the Fusous with 2x 35.6 guns an AP shell and Zuiuns they only have 9 FP less than Mutsu, while the FP gap between Mutsu and Yamato is over 50 and between Mutsu and her sister over ~30.
Oh and because it's so funny, Yamashiro also has more armor. Yeah both Fusous have less HP, which matters very little against a boss that one shots even Yamato, Musashi and Iowa.
Now add that a Fusou can very easily kill a DD before the shelling phase due to them being able to join the bombing phase. Their large plane slots also make it not too likely that they'll be without a single spotter. It can of course happen, yeah but it's worth the risk.
So even if you'd take the BBvs out of the equation, there is still a bunch of FBBs that are the superior choice.

So let me ask you why I should use Mutsu when I can use a Fusou instead? Or why should I use Mutsu when I could use one of the foreign FBBs, who not only (almost) all have a higher or similar firepower, but also get better routing most of the time?

And lets not forget that Mutsu would probably come with her very own touch mechanic.

Aside from that ask yourself: How many people that have Yamato, don't have Mutsu and the other way around?
Compared to everyone's favorite hotel, Mutsu is easy as shit to get.

In other words: Mutsu has all the problems Yamato has, and more.
I wouldn't want Iowak2 before Yamatok2 for similar reasons either, so why should I want Yamatok2 before Mutsuk2?

Ad Noshiro/Yahagi:
While I don't remember the full context, if I remember it right their K2 potential came with an event where neither of them was the more relevant one to said event.
Unless I am mixing stuff up now it was Ooyodo, who became fleet flagship from one second to another by the events context.

If it was a different case, then it was probably something between several ships that are all used just as much as Noshiro. I for one use Yahagi every now and then, the other Agano's : not so much. (I didn't even bother to level Sakawa and Noshiro)

Ad "WTF"
Last time I checked I wasn't part of some sort of collective consciousness speaking with only 1 voice and 1 opinion.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-01-23 at 12:49.
Old 2019-01-23, 13:02   Link #21897
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Mutsu "needing" a kai ni doesn't really mean anything. For better or worse, Nagato kai ni was practically useless prior the touch mechanic: unlike Ise and Musashi, Nagato kai ni was in a very weird spot where the improved stats (+1hp, +19FP, +12 armor) weren't exactly that noticeable for a BB of that range, while suffering a whooping 80% fuel and 40% ammo increase. Considering how steep she was, you might as well just use a yamato class kai instead.
While the touch mechanic is a welcome addition, Nagato kai ni is still quite niche too because you will never use it with a regular fleet at all. And even in a combined fleet, I'd argue Nelson has probably more damage potential depending of the map requirements, for a much lower resource cost.
So unless Mutsu gains a drastic boost for Nagato Touch, or if she gains similar stats with less resources required in the mix, I don't see Mutsu kai ni appealing in term of practicability.

The current 5 slots BB are expensive, but that additional slot is a major benefit because it gives a noticeable flexibility or consistenty bonus for Ise and Musashi, not simply giving them extra speed. Also, a fast Yamato class BB is not something to ignore because that allows anyone to not just have Iowa as a sturdy BB for a fast fleet.
If anything, the fifth slot for a BB is just as important as the 4th slot on a DD or CL by a very large margin.

This was definitely noticeable for 2 non minor scale events in 2018 (Leyte 2 and Rheinübung). So frankly, I think Yamato kai ni would bring way more utility than Mutsu kai ni, if we were to consider what happened to Nagato and Musashi thus far.
Old 2019-01-23, 16:32   Link #21898
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not sure if they would attempt a weird cross promotional thing, but the last chapter of Space Battleship Yamato 2202 comes out in March with the TV run ending with BD coming out as well in April.

While Yamato K2 probably won't have a wave motion gun, they would make her extremely power to equal or surpass Musashi K2.

On the other hand, who wouldn't want to be touched by Mutsu?
Old 2019-01-24, 13:24   Link #21899
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

A question, am I the only one than would be a little dissapointed if the BB getting a second remodel, either Mutsu or Yamato, end up being a copy of her sister? They did managed it so far with the Kagerou and Yuugumo than got a second remodel, would it be difficult to do as well with those battleship?
Old 2019-01-24, 17:19   Link #21900
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well unlike the destroyers there are only two ships in these battleship classes. Unless they pull out Shinano of course. Mutsu blew up early so any upgrade now is pure speculation or based on Nagato. Yamato pretty much has the majority of her historical upgrades, so anything more would be either a turret upgrade to 51cm twins or an ungodly number of AA batteries and a fire control director radar to make them useful. Assumig they don't give Yamato a possible carrier conversion, or grant her a two plus meter diameter spinal bow cannon of awesome.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls