AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-09-17, 17:19   Link #2721
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Don't destroy Tak's dream come true moment.
No, please do. Please...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 20:02   Link #2722
Lancel

Someone give me a plane, I got an idol singer to save.
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 20:48   Link #2723
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

And no ulterior motives, right?

Old 2011-09-20, 21:23   Link #2724
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
And no ulterior motives, right?
I have no idea what you're talking about, but they did say obliviousness is a side effect of falling into the cockpit.
Old 2011-10-06, 11:54   Link #2725
Qwib

After watching Macross Frontier.

All I can say is that the music is AMAZING.
Especially Aimo, this song was just orgasmic (for lack of a better term) its raw emotion was enough to capture me into this show.

I also voted for Anata no Oto. Possibly the cutest bit where Ranka sings "Dokun Dokun Dokun"
Qwib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 12:01   Link #2726
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

My favorite Ranka song is still what I dub as Shinto-Aimo. Now that, is a battle song.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 12:08   Link #2727
Qwib

If your referring to this version of the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlYR1qqNVoI
I agree it is impressive, most impressive.
Qwib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 12:42   Link #2728
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwib View Post
I agree it is impressive, most impressive.
Indeed. It has lyrics that would make the grim, dark future of the 41st millennium proud.

If I had any complaint, its the original version, which was too weak and overused.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-06, 12:52   Link #2729
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Aimo was a good song...until they repeated it...over and over and over and over and FUCKING over again and AGAIN.

Now, I avoid it like the plague.

Aimo O.C. doesn't get old though.

But Diamond Crevasse is still my favorite in the series. It was the song that really got me invested in the series.
Old 2011-10-06, 12:58   Link #2730
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
But Diamond Crevasse is still my favorite in the series. It was the song that really got me invested in the series.
Especially when Ranka sings it!
Old 2011-10-06, 13:01   Link #2731
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Especially when Ranka sings it!
And to that, my reaction is:

Spoiler for Click!:

- Tak

Old 2011-10-06, 13:17   Link #2732
Lancel

I feel like I suddenly fell into the negative dimension. Raile came with me, obviously, and Tak as well, who is feeling seasonably festive. Yeah, I didn't mind Aimo, but Ranka sang it two times too many. It never was my favorite anyway. Cute, but... yeah. And for Diamond Crevasse, lies, like totally Sheryl sings it the best, and that goes the same for Infinity and Lion (THANK YOU, MAY'N!)~

The Wings of Goodbye though has taken the top spot for me, and Ranka's solo in it is awesome.

I admit I may be weird though. I have a thing for final battle songs, but Yousei is probably #2 right now, and I'm probably committing heresy by saying What 'bout My Star Live@Formo was never one of my favorites. #3 then is DC and then probably #4 is NYAN NYAN SERVICE MEDLEY. #5 has to be Pink Monsoon just for how unbelievably sexy that song is even without understanding hardly any of the lyrics.

I wonder if we need an updated poll with all the movie songs in it.
Old 2011-10-06, 13:22   Link #2733
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And to that, my reaction is:

Spoiler for Click!:

- Tak
You're vomiting in ecstasy, I see.

"RANKA'S DIAMOND CREVASSE!!!

...even Tak is overwhelmed by it."
Old 2011-10-06, 13:38   Link #2734
Tak

Now, if Maaya Sakamoto was to sing Aimo in its entire duration...

- Tak

Old 2011-10-06, 21:16   Link #2735
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
I feel like I suddenly fell into the negative dimension. Raile came with me, obviously, and Tak as well, who is feeling seasonably festive. Yeah, I didn't mind Aimo, but Ranka sang it two times too many. It never was my favorite anyway. Cute, but... yeah. And for Diamond Crevasse, lies, like totally Sheryl sings it the best, and that goes the same for Infinity and Lion (THANK YOU, MAY'N!)~
May'n just has a better voice that sounds deeper and appeals to people. Nakajima's is more like Megumi Hayashibara's... so her songs rub off the same way, as a young girl with an innocent heart; but it fits Ranka's character to me.

I wish we'd gotten to see a full Ranka version of Diamond Crevasse, then perhaps some people's opinion might change. I think that she has the ability to sing it properly, for she's done Hoshi Kira (which is similar to it on music terms); so I think she'd do just fine with it.

But I'll say that Aimo ~ O.C. was not my favorite. I preferred the Tori Aimo from the 2nd movie over the other two; but Aimo is one of my favorites because it's so easy to sing and feel emotion from. If it helps, just picture scenery when you hear it.

I think that I prefer the duet of Infinity because the extra vocals in the background in the final chorus make it sound so much better. However, in Lion, I prefer Ranka doing the final chorus with May'n because their voices blend when they say "nemuranai". Nakajima makes her voice go higher whilst May'n's stays low and flat, thus ending the song. I've always liked that.

Quote:
The Wings of Goodbye though has taken the top spot for me, and Ranka's solo in it is awesome.
Let me say that it took me a while to warm up to that song because it sounds more like a rock song than something an orchestra performed for. I preferred the Final Attack because it had more instrument solo and allowed you to build a feel for the actual scene that would be in it. Just like whenever I hear the solo scene for the original Service Melody, I think of Ranka telling Alto about the Vajra in Ep.25. The Wings of Goodbye (or Farewell, whichever you want to call it) has some good pieces to it that really capture you, like the bridge and the chorus, but the in-between just throws me off because it doesn't sound like it belongs.

Quote:
I admit I may be weird though. I have a thing for final battle songs, but Yousei is probably #2 right now, and I'm probably committing heresy by saying What 'bout My Star Live@Formo was never one of my favorites. #3 then is DC and then probably #4 is NYAN NYAN SERVICE MEDLEY. #5 has to be Pink Monsoon just for how unbelievably sexy that song is even without understanding hardly any of the lyrics.
You and me both on the battle songs:
#1 - Lion
#2 - Nyan Nyan Service Melody
#3 - Nyan Nyan Final Attack
#4 - Obelisk
#5 - Sayonara no Tsubasa

But I have to say that I prefer What 'bout my Star @Formo because May'n's English in the slowed tempo is much better than the fast tempo of the original.

Among other songs:
#1 - Diamond Crevasse
#2 - Aimo
#3 - Hoshi Kira
#4 - Yousei
#5 - Houkago Overflow

I think that even Universal Bunny belongs up there. Of all the songs from the first movie, I liked UB the most; it captured me right away. But part of me also just likes Eien and Izorado more. I wish there was a translation for Izorado even if it doesn't make sense...

But you know one thing I noticed: May'n has never covered any of the other Macross songs. We've never seen Sheryl have a Minmei relation in song: she doesn't sing Ai Oboete Imasu ka or even Watashi no Kare wa Pilot. I get the feeling that perhaps May'n can't sing those types of songs? Was Nakajima more fit and May'n didn't bother to cover them just for the sake of spreading the love of Macross through her Sheryl aspect? I just wondered about that because I'd love to hear if May'n could sing Ai Oboete Imasu ka.

I also kinda put that in my fanfic if anyone noticed: Sheryl was defeated by Ranka because Sheryl could never perform songs by Minmei since the series never showed proof that she could.

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Now, if Maaya Sakamoto was to sing Aimo in its entire duration...

- Tak
She did: Aimo ~ Koi no Uta.

Not the one that is translated to Japanese that Ranka knows, but she sang the ORIGINAL Aimo. I didn't know if you were aware of that; so there you are.
Old 2011-10-07, 04:13   Link #2736
MichiNekoChan
::::D

Send a message via AIM to MichiNekoChan
well, I would have replied to LMK saying that Sheryl was popular enough in her own right to never have to rely on Minmay songs like Ranka did... but...

She got banned. :<

PS - Tak too? wth?
MichiNekoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 06:57   Link #2737
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Yeah..Maaya's part was TOO little to call it a full version.

And tbh, I'd prefer Sheryl covering Fire Bomber songs than Minmay. Totsugeki Love Heart! made me want more...

I will miss Takky! ;__; Hope he gets back soon.

Just him.
Old 2011-10-07, 11:28   Link #2738
Lancel

.. Did someone upgrade that warning in that other discussion? Anyway...

I don't think Sheryl really needed to sing Minmei. Ranka got to sing her songs because she was just starting out and didn't have songs of her own yet. Freddie Mercury doesn't have to sing Elvis just to prove he can. Really though, with the range of emotion May'n puts out just in Sheryl's songs, I'd be kind of surprised if she couldn't nail one of Minmei's songs. I'd really like to hear her do it, but like others, I'd prefer a Fire Bomber cover CD (Totsugeki and Angel Voice in particular). DYRL is really the only Minmei song I'd like to hear Sheryl do, and epicly.

Also I call it The Wings of Goodbye due primarily to Diamond Crevasse's lyrics. It feels like an appropriate reference.

Universal Bunny is wonderful too, but I kinda love that entire album actually.
Old 2011-10-07, 13:37   Link #2739
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Nah, Sheryl is the only one with a Diamond Crevasse. Ranka has a bijoux ridge, at most.

Please don't shoot me.

Old 2011-10-07, 14:18   Link #2740
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Nah, Sheryl is the only one with a Diamond Crevasse. Ranka has a bijoux ridge, at most.

Please don't shoot me.
I suddenly recall that fanservice shot in Episode 7 of Sheryl with droplets glinting on her skin. This is an interesting theory as I always assumed Diamond Crevasse was about teardrops falling on her hopes and drea- Wait a minute.

Tags
music