AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-28, 12:06   Link #2661
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
OMFG MIKHAIL AS BASARA IS SO HOT I WANT TO DIE.
WHY CAN'T HE HAVE SPIKED HAIR ALL THE TIME
WHY!?!?!??!
He made me go rawr too.
I bet NakaMegu loves Basara Michel too (being the Michel fangirl she was, based on that one interview with the cast, where she even said she imagined herself as Klan before).
Old 2011-04-10, 15:53   Link #2662
Thess

In the vein of Houkago Overflow. ...I wonder why Koi No Dogfight is so peppy when is basically talking about the scars of unrequited love. Someone fighting some kind of lost battle, but still keeps on fighting and waiting for a miracle.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-04-10 at 16:11.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 22:39   Link #2663
Lancel

Because it's awesome. I love that song, though I should really read what the lyrics mean. Though really, this comes from the franchise that set an Epic Final Battle to a Love Song, so...
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 07:48   Link #2664
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Aenai Toki LIVE

Old 2011-04-12, 10:20   Link #2665
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

So pretty <3

|facebook.twitter|
Ceci-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 10:48   Link #2666
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but it won't hurt if it already has:

Up until now...that dress still makes me want to claw my eyes out and burn them in an open fire like marshmallows for smores (and from the look on NakaMegu's face in the video preview still, she feels the same way).

And in some May'n news, seems like she's getting an ARTIST BOOK, entitled 「LIVEALIVE」<---links to YT of the behind-the-scenes photo-shoot with her new song playing in the background.
Old 2011-04-13, 17:45   Link #2667
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post

Up until now...that dress still makes me want to claw my eyes out and burn them in an open fire like marshmallows for smores (and from the look on NakaMegu's face in the video preview still, she feels the same way).

And in some May'n news, seems like she's getting an ARTIST BOOK, entitled 「LIVEALIVE」<---links to YT of the behind-the-scenes photo-shoot with her new song playing in the background.
You know let's start a new club, it should be called "NakaMegu Should Drop Kick Her Stylist for Putting her in Outfits that Frankly She's too Pretty for and are a Crime Against Fashion Club"
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 22:37   Link #2668
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:

I'll just mention that it's possible her producer or director choose that dress for her. It doesn't seem like she's too fond of it, given her face and how she's constantly holding her stomach at the belt...
Old 2011-04-13, 22:58   Link #2669
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

Mamegu fan #1

I like Megumi Nakajima in blue jeans

triangler_fans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:56   Link #2670
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

Quote:

Mamegu looks like she's about to cry. I would, too, if I was making my U.S. concert debut wearing that dress.
Maybe I haven't seen enough of her concert footage, but I don't have the impression that Mamegu is the bouncy, sugary idol type for clothes like that. She seems more suited for something that's still fun but also mature.

Yay, May'n photobook! <3

|facebook.twitter|
Ceci-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 23:34   Link #2671
mike_s_6

You guys think that costume is ridiculous? Have you seen this? (Ready to pop your eyes out) XD

http://stblog.stardust-web.net/nakaj...entry_id=20516
http://stblog.stardust-web.net/nakaj...entry_id=20669

This

http://stblog.stardust-web.net/nakaj...entry_id=21049

suits her much much better. I have no clue why they dress her up like a doll when she honestly doesn't look like one. She looks and acts like a "girl next door" type. She's got a nice smile and all that packaging distracts from it.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 23:44   Link #2672
Thess

^
I liked those...! But the one in the video looks... bulky and unflattering.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 23:46   Link #2673
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

WHY?!

For the love of God, WHY?!
Old 2011-04-15, 00:09   Link #2674
mike_s_6

Quote:

WHY?!

For the love of God, WHY?!
Maybe her concert stylist really hates her, we don't know XD
Old 2011-04-15, 04:12   Link #2675
mike_s_6

The Movie 2 OST kept at the top 10 in Oricon for four straight weeks before it has been pushed off this week to #24.

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/more/3/

Great news
Old 2011-04-17, 21:55   Link #2676
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
You guys think that costume is ridiculous? Have you seen this? (Ready to pop your eyes out) XD

This

suits her much much better. I have no clue why they dress her up like a doll when she honestly doesn't look like one. She looks and acts like a "girl next door" type. She's got a nice smile and all that packaging distracts from it.

............ALSKJDhkaushduasudhaishdiahviugvuaisyg HDSUAIDGHSAIUDHSA

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GG
asdkjashdsakdhaksjdkasdksd

GODDAMMIT
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:07   Link #2677
soranarumi
the Crowned Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post

This

Maybe she wants "moe" image, but it fails..
soranarumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 07:25   Link #2678
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by soranarumi View Post
Maybe she wants "moe" image, but it fails..
I don't think it's her idea to dress up like that, given she dresses plainly on her own time. I bet her producers are just banking on her popularity as Ranka. Which I think she should actually keep away from already!
Old 2011-04-18, 07:28   Link #2679
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I agree, it doesn't highlight or enhance her prettiness.
Old 2011-05-21, 11:03   Link #2680
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

The Chie Kajiura (singing voice for Mylene) concert tonight was pretty damn good. It's clear she was in a mellow, moody kind of vibe...the only peppy show-stoppers she did were "Ready GO" and "PLASTICS." Apart from that, it was mostly a mix of Chie solo songs (old and new), with a relatively small number of Macross songs (apart from the previously mentioned duo, she did "Pillow Dream" and "Kimi ni Todoke," which give a good sense of the overall pace of the show.

She also did not one, but TWO Kate Bush covers: "Feel It" (which she did the last time I saw her) and "Rubberband Girl" (which I thought was an exceedingly odd choice, but Chie and her band nailed it).

After the show was over, they announced that Chie would be manning the merchandise table, and collecting money for the Tohoku Quake victims. As such, I bought some buttons, and then got to shake her hand (which, yes, means I've finally met both Mylenes...'bout time, considering my Macross World name...)...I also told her I'd love to her her do a Kate Bush cover album. She said she'd love to, but that her English is no good (not true).

But BEFORE she helmed the store, she and the guitarist came out and stood next to the bar, and did a beautiful, quiet performance of "Friends ~Jikuu o Koete~." It was really damn awesome.

I got to snap some photos before the guy next to me tapped me on the arm and gestured for me to stop...as soon as I can get them on my computer, I'll put them up.

But yeah...again, damn good show. And Chie did enough new songs that I certainly hope an album is in the works.

Tags
music